剧集 | 尝试(2020) | 导航列表
We're not even thinking about getting pregnant now.
我们现在甚至都没考虑怀孕的事
Quite right. Why would you? Awful business.
对 为什么要考虑?怀孕太苦了
Thirty-two hours, my first one.
我第一次分娩 花了32个小时
They had to prize that boy out of me with a hot spoon.
他们费了好大劲 才把儿子从我身体里掏出来
I said, "Listen, you have got half an hour,
我说:“听着 给你们半个小时
and whatever's not out of me by then,
无论我肚子里是什么
you can bloody well push back in."
如果到时还不出来 就给我塞回去”
I think it's fair to say that there are concerns here.
我们有一些合理的担忧
In our experience, it takes time to deal with a failure to conceive.
在我们的经验中 走出生育障碍的阴影需要一段时间
We've all got something that we're dealing with though, haven't we?
但每个人都有各自的阴影
I mean, God, no one's perfect.
拜托 没有谁是完美的
But for you to be good adoptive parents Sorry to interrupt you, Julie,
但要成为优秀的领养父母… 很抱歉打断你 朱莉
but no one knows who's going to be good parents, do they?
但没有人能预知自己是不是好的父母
I mean, look at...
举个例子…
Hitler, right?
希♥特♥勒♥ 对吧?
Hitler's son ran a medical supply business.
希♥特♥勒♥的儿子经营医疗设备业务
He was a nice fellow, apparently.
他显然个好人
And he had Hitler as a dad. Can you stop talking?
但他爸爸是希♥特♥勒♥ 你能别说了吗?
I'm not comparing us to Hitler, obviously.
我当然不是将我们比作希♥特♥勒♥
I'm just saying it's basically random.
我只是说这种事很随机
Could you please stop? Okay.
你能停下吗? 好的
We do have a responsi Actually, I think it was his nephew...
我们确实有责任… 应该是他的侄子…
that did the medical-- Sorry, go on.
从事医疗…抱歉 请继续
We do have a responsibility to the children and to you
我们对孩子和你们都有责任
to make sure that you're in a position that you can cope
要确保你们的状态能够应对领养的情况
with what could be a challenging situation.
因为这个过程可能充满挑战
And for someone like yourself with a history of anxiety and depression--
而对于你这样有焦虑和抑郁史的人…
I think you're making this sound much worse than it actually is.
我觉得你描述得比实际情况严重得多
My experience with mental health is it's the ones who don't ask for help
我在心理健康方面的经验是 需要担心的
you got to worry about.
往往是那些不寻求帮助的人
They are the ones you see in the post office in their pants
那种人才会穿内♥裤♥出现在邮局
trying to post their hair to Elton John.
试图给艾尔顿约翰寄他们的头发
We know how hard a transition this must be.
我们知道这个过渡的过程有多艰难
You're bound to still be feeling a degree of pain.
你们多少一定仍觉得痛苦
Can people please stop telling me how I feel?
能不能不要再告诉我我有什么感受?
I know how I feel because I'm the one feeling it.
我知道那是什么感受 因为感受它的人是我
I am absolutely ready for this.
我完全做好准备了
And I can't prove it to you because how could I?
但我无法向你们证明 因为要怎么证明?
But I just-- I know.
但我就是…我知道
Sorry.
抱歉
I actually just feel a bit sick. Would you like some water?
我觉得有点恶心 需要喝点水吗?
Yeah.
好
Okay, let's take a short break. Shall we, yeah?
好 我们休息一下吧?
Yes. Sorry. Thanks.
好的 抱歉 谢谢
You okay? Yep.
你还好吗? 没事
You sure? Yeah, I'm fine. Just leave me.
你确定? 我没事 别理我
We're doing our job.
我们只是在尽本职
Isn't this what we need? Good, committed people?
这不是我们需要的吗?好心、坚定的人?
Look, concerns were raised. It's due diligence.
我们有担忧就提出来 这是尽职审查的一部分
Bloody balls to that. I've got kids who need homes.
少来了 我这里有需要家的孩子
Suitable homes. They are sui
合适的家 他们是合…
They are suitable.
他们是合适的家
Christ, if they're not suitable, we may as well all pack up and go home.
天啊 如果他们不合适 我们不如都回家算了
I've got kids in bloody war zones out there.
我这边有来自该死的战区的孩子
Kids half starved to death two miles from where we are standing.
差点饿死的孩子 就在距离我们3公里的地方
Kids whose muscles are wasting away
因为从没有人把他们从床上抱下来
because no one ever lifts them out of bed.
而肌肉渐渐萎缩的孩子
And in this city, that is happening.
这些事就发生在这座城市
Look, we're all aware it's a challenging environment.
听着 大家都知道这是个艰难的环境
I vouch for them.
我为他们背书
I've been doing this for 30 years, and I am vouching for them.
我做这行30年了 我为他们背书
People really need to stop telling me that I can't have children
人们能不能别再告诉我 我不能要孩子了?
'cause it is seriously just starting to piss me off.
因为我真的要抓狂了
Okay. They are being beastly to you.
好吧 他们对你很残酷
And if it carries on, I'm gonna climb over that table
如果继续这样 我会爬到桌子那一边
and hit them about the head ever such a lot of times.
暴打他们的蠢脑袋
I know I'm supposed to just take it,
我知道应该平心静气地面对
but all I've had is doctors, consultants,
但我见的都是医生、咨♥询♥师
and now local bloody councillors looking over their glasses at me going,
现在又换眼睛长在脑门上的议员们对我说
"Nope, not quite good enough. Sorry."
“不 不够好 抱歉”
Yeah, it's not fair. None of it is fair.
这不公平 一点也不公平
I do feel over it. I do feel ready. I want this.
我觉得我已经接受现实了 我做好准备了 我真的想领养
But then as soon as I want something,
但每次我想要什么
I just Okay, just listen to me.
就… 好的 听我说
You are neither a dog with wheels for back legs, nor married to my sister,
你既不是后腿装了轮子的狗 也没有娶了我妹妹
so I have no pity for you.
所以我不会同情你
So, you pick yourself up and slap on a smile,
因此 你要振作起来 面带微笑
because it is not over until it is over.
因为只要没到终点 就还没结束
Okay? Yeah.
好吗? 好的
Right. Come on.
好 走吧
It's all right.
没事了
Hitler? Badminton?
希♥特♥勒♥? 羽毛球?
Thank you.
谢谢
So, Julie, I think you wanted to pursue this idea of loss.
朱莉 你想讨论失去的话题
I'm sorry. Can we stop, plea-- Objection. I have an objection.
抱歉 我们能暂停一下…反对 我反对
Again, not a court. Okay, sorry. I just
再说一次 不是法庭 好 抱歉 只是…
Before we carry on, there's just something I have to say.
在我们继续讨论之前 我有些话必须说
I can't let you talk about her like this. Jase.
我不能允许你们这样谈论她 小杰
No, it's fine. No, I'm sorry, I can't.
不 没关系 抱歉 我不能
I cannot. Because if they knew you,
我不能束手旁观 因为如果他们了解你
they would not speak to you like this.
他们就不会这样和你说话
Do you know how amazing she is? Jason.
你们知道她多棒吗? 杰森
Do you know how much of a better person I am since I met her?
你们知道自从遇到她 我变好了多少吗?
It's not even like she really does anything.
其实她并没有刻意做什么
It's just being near her.
只要在她身边就够了
You sort of get cured in it, like bacon.
你會被慢慢治愈 就像煎培根
Seriously.
真的
Okay, so, a while ago we hired a car, right?
前不久我们租了一辆车
And she cleaned it before she gave it back
她在还车前把车清理干净
because she wanted it to be nice for the next people.
因为她希望接下来租车的人能好好享受
I mean, who does that?
现在谁会这么做?
Who cleans a rental car?
谁会清洗租来的车?
So for you to say that we're not the kind of people
所以如果你们要说 因为我们的经历
who should be doing this because of what we've been through, that's not true.
我们不适合领养 那你们说错了
Because...
因为…
we keep hearing that these children's journeys
我们总听说这些孩子的人生
have started with trauma... and loss.
一开始就充满精神创伤…和失去
Well, so did ours.
我们也是
So we are the kind of people that you need because...
所以我们正是你们需要的人 因为…
we know pain.
我们知道痛苦是什么
'Cause we've been through it.
因为我们自己也经历过痛苦
And we know the way out.
而我们知道怎么走出来
That's it.
就是这样
Okay. Shall we move to the home study report?
好 我们谈一谈家庭研究报告吧
You know I cleaned that car
你知道我清洗那辆车是因为
'cause I borrowed it from work without asking?
那是我偷偷从公♥司♥借的吧?
Oh, shit. I better go and tell them then, hey?
该死 必须回去告诉他们 对吧?
Oh, stop it.
别闹了
I'm really sorry.
真的很抱歉
What do you mean? For what?
什么意思?为什么?
For everything, for all the trouble I cause you.
为了所有这些 为了我给你带来的麻烦
What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
Well, if you were with someone else, you wouldn't be having to do this,
如果你和别人在一起 就不需要面对这些事
would you? Don't wanna be with someone else.
对吗? 我不想和别人在一起
Yeah. I wanna be with you.
是 我想和你在一起
Say that now 'cause you're with me and you love me.
你这么说是因为你和我在一起 你爱我
But if you were with someone else,
但如果你和别人在一起
you'd love them and that love would be easier.
你也会爱那个人 而那份爱更简单
Nikki.
妮基
I feel sorry for anyone not going out with you.
我为没有和你在一起的人感到遗憾
剧集 | 尝试(2020) | 导航列表