剧集 | 尝试(2020) | 导航列表
Sorry. So before we begin,
抱歉 在我们开始前
I'm just gonna let everyone introduce themselves. So, can we? Yes.
希望在座各位介绍一下自己 好吗?
Hi, I'm Simon Davis. I work in adolescent mental health services.
嗨 我是西蒙戴维斯 我从事青少年心理健康服务
Hi, Simon. Hi, Simon.
你好 西蒙 你好 西蒙
Julie Okolo, educational professional and play therapist.
朱莉奥克洛 教育专家、游戏治疗师
Hi, Julie. Hello, Julie.
你好 朱莉 你好 朱莉
Another Julie. Julie Farnby. I'm an adoptive parent of two.
我也叫朱莉 朱莉法恩比 我领养了两个孩子
Hi, Julie. Hello, another Julie.
你好 朱莉 你好 另一位朱莉
Michael Grafton, member of the council and chairman of the finance subcommittee.
迈克格拉夫顿 议员及财政分委员会主席
Hello, Michael. Hi, Michael.
你好 迈克 你好 迈克
Nina Malik, lawyer in family court.
妮娜马利克 家事法♥院♥律师
Hi, Nina. Hi, Nina.
嗨 妮娜 嗨 妮娜
Jeanette Hale. My background is in children and family social work.
珍奈特黑尔 我从事儿童及家庭社会工作
Hi, Jeanette. Hi, Jeanette.
嗨 珍奈特 嗨 珍奈特
Caoimhín Óg Ó hEachthighearna, social worker in youth welfare.
科威维恩奥格哈希赫迦纳 青少年福利社工
Hi. Hi.
嗨 嗨
Okay, well, that's our hour. Thanks for coming in.
好的 我们开始吧 多谢前来
That went well. Did we--
真顺利 我们有没有…
I should say that Nikki is very nervous.
我想提一句 妮基很紧张
So I've assured her you're all going to be lovely to her.
所以我向她保证你们会对她很和善
It's all right, I'm just imagining you all naked, so...
没关系 我在想象你们裸体的样子 所以…
Yeah. I enjoy a bit of that, even when I'm not nervous.
是 其实我不紧张的时候也喜欢那么想
Okay, well, let's start by summarizing the report.
好的 我们先概述一下报告
I think we'd really love it if you could tell us a little bit about yourselves.
希望你们先做一下自我介绍
Yeah, um... Okay, great.
是… 好的
Well, we've been together for three blissfully happy years,
我们幸福地交往了三年
two average ones.
再平平淡淡交往了两年
And in terms of hobbies, we like TV, talking...
就爱好而言 我们喜欢看电视、聊天…
seeing people that we like.
见我们喜欢的人
You know, we're both white, obviously--
当然 我们都是白种人…
I don't know what-- Yeah, go on.
我不知道什么…请继续
We like keeping active. Yeah.
我们喜欢运动 对
I do yoga. Jason's a keen runner. Yeah. I love running.
我练瑜伽 杰森是跑步爱好者 对 我喜欢跑步
We're both really into our cooking. Oh, lovely.
我们都很喜欢烹饪 真不错
Badminton. Both big badminton fans. What?
羽毛球 我们都是羽毛球爱好者 什么?
Oh. Where do you play?
这样 你们在哪里打球?
Oh, anywhere. We just love the game.
哪里都去 我们最爱打球了
It's addictive, isn't it?
这运动让人上瘾 对吧?
Yes. He has to drag me off the pitch.
是 他不拉我走 我都不愿意离开球坑
Court. Court.
球场 球场
We just both like generally keeping ourselves busy.
整体而言 我们的生活很丰富
So, Jason...
那么 杰森…
you teach English to foreign students. I do, Michael, yes.
你教外国学生学英文 是的 迈克
And how long you been doing that? Too long.
你干那一行多久了? 有够久的
Oh, you don't like it? No, I do. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
你不喜欢这个工作? 不 我喜欢
It can be frustrating at times, but Do you get frustrated a lot?
有时让人沮丧 但… 你常感到沮丧吗?
With younger people?
对年轻人?
Oh, no. God, no. No, no, no, I don't. No.
不 天啊 当然不是 不
Okay.
好的
And, Nikki, you work at a car rental firm. How's that?
妮基 你在租车公♥司♥工作 情况如何?
Oh, it's really great. I really love it.
很好 我很喜欢这份工作
It's really satisfying matching people to... cars. So, yeah.
给人们找到…理想的车 是让人很充实的事
It's fair to say that these are not highly paid jobs.
可以说这些不是高薪工作
Well... Yeah, that's fair.
这个嘛… 确实
Yeah. Yeah.
是 是
So, where does that leave you? Scruffy end of Camden.
那么这对你们有什么影响? 住在肯顿的便宜房♥区
Nothing wrong with that.
这没有什么问题
The last thing we need is rich people's kids.
这世界可不需要多一个富人家的孩子
That's why the country's in a mess, isn't it? Rich people's kids.
他们是国家一团糟的原因 对吧? 富人家的孩子
But if your child needed extra care or tuition,
但如果你们的孩子 需要额外的照顾或学费
or, I don't know, a disability ramp, you could manage that?
或是残障专用坡道 你们能负担得了吗?
Yeah. I think we'd cope. But it might be a struggle?
是 我们能应付得了 但可能有些勉强?
Well, I've actually just taken a promotion at work, to be a manager.
其实我刚接受升职 将担任经理职位
So I'll be a lot more...
所以我会…
managerial, which will involve some extra cash.
管理更多事情 也意味着工资更高
There you go.
问题解决
Ramps for everyone!
大家都不愁没有坡道了
And you're not married?
你们没有结婚?
No, no. We've never really felt the need, have we?
对 我们从没觉得有结婚的必要
No. There's not an issue with commitment?
对 是有承诺长♥期♥关系的问题吗?
No, no issue with commitment.
不 没有承诺的问题
I think we just feel that a bit of paper from the government
我们只觉得一张薄薄的政♥府♥文件
doesn't prove anything.
不能证明任何东西
I mean, your one does. We do need that, obviously.
当然 你们的文件很重要 我们显然需要它
We're totally committed. Yeah.
我们的关系很稳固 是
We know a lot of married couples,
我们认识很多结婚的人
and it's no guarantee that a relationship will last.
婚姻并不保证关系长久
Exhibit A.
本人就是证据
Yeah, but no-- Obviously honesty is important.
是 但…诚实当然重要
But it sort of goes into, again,
但这又要回到
what I was saying earlier about communication, right?
我之前所讲的沟通问题了 对吧?
So if you've got like a...
打个比方…
What's those? Pyramid.
那是什么? 金字塔
Pyramid or tri-- Then communication will be at the top, right?
金字塔也好 三角…沟通是摆在顶层的
Then you've got honesty underneath there.
下面是诚实
But the communication sort of encompasses both of them.
但沟通其实包含了两者
So, if what you're--
那么 如果你…
I've... been talking so long now, I've forgotten what your question was.
我…说得太久了 忘了你的问题是什么
What do you think a child would mean to you?
你认为孩子对你而言有什么意义?
Exactly, right. Okay.
没错 好
Communication. Below that, honesty, and below that--
沟通 下面是诚实 再下面是…
What would you Yeah, yeah. Sorry, Jase.
你会怎么…是 抱歉 小杰
I think that we started this process
我们在计划领养的最初
thinking about what a child could give us,
想的是孩子会为我们带来什么
but now, honestly, we're just so excited about what we can give a child.
但现在其实让我们激动的是 我们能给孩子带来什么
Well said that, woman. Yeah, man.
说得真好 姐妹 是的
I want to ask about something in the medical report.
我想问有关医疗报告的问题
If it's about his smoking, he's quitting.
如果和他抽烟有关 要知道他在戒烟
He's doing really well actually. I've not had one in ages now, Michael.
他的表现很好 我已经很久没抽了 迈克
Actually, it's your report.
其实我想说的是你的报告
Oh, okay.
好的
So, I see you're taking Citalopram.
我看到你在服用西酞普兰
Oh, okay. Yeah.
噢 是的
And that's for?
那是为了什么?
It's anxiety. It's not the highest dose though.
治疗焦虑 但不是最高剂量
I see.
明白了
And why do you think you have anxiety?
你为什么会感到焦虑?
Don't you watch the news?
你看新闻了吗?
Well, it's hard to say.
很难说
I don't know.
我不知道
And how do you think parenting might affect it?
你认为抚养孩子会对此造成什么影响?
Well, I think that everyone has to work hard at being a parent
我觉得为人父母无论如何都需要努力
irregardless of anxi-- regardless of anxiety.
无论你是否焦虑
You started taking it around a year ago.
你在大约一年前开始服药
Why was that?
为什么?
So, this was one round of IVF and then you stopped.
你们做了一轮体外人工受孕 然后就停下了
Is that correct?
是这样吗?
Well, we were told it was very unlikely to work.
医生说我们的成功几率很低
And they only fund one round, don't they?
而且他们只承担一轮的费用
So quite recently then that you stopped trying?
所以你们是不久前才放弃尝试受孕?
Well, no, not that recent.
不 挺久以前了
We tend to advise people to wait a little longer.
我们通常建议多等一段时间
It just-- it really feels right now.
只是…感觉现在是对的时机
It absolutely does, yeah.
绝对的
I think what my colleagues are getting at is,
我认为我同事的意思是
adoption can't be seen as a replacement for a birth child.
领养不能当作怀孕的替代品
These kids are no one's plan B. Oh, no. Yeah, no. We know.
不应把那些孩子当作替补计划 不 当然 我们知道
People are reluctant to put all their eggs in one basket
人们不愿只把蛋放在一个篮子里
and often try and pursue pregnancy at the same time.
通常也同时尝试受孕
She hasn't got any eggs. I mean, that's why we're here.
她一个蛋也没有 所以我们才来这里
剧集 | 尝试(2020) | 导航列表