剧集 | 尝试(2020) | 导航列表
Oh, what are we up to?
在看什么呢?
I just want him to find something before all of his self-confidence drains away.
我只希望他在失去自信心之前找到工作
It's small talk, isn't it? That's the hard-- That's the icebreaker.
寒暄 对吗?最难…破冰就靠它
That's the hard thing, I think, is just to sort of come in, as I did then,
我觉得最难的就是像我当时那样
and break the proverbial ice. I think we've got a while.
打破尴尬 应该还要一段时间
It's just-- It's small talk. It's language.
就是闲聊 是语言的问题
And we talk a lot about the contingency of language, don't we?
我们会谈论很多关于语境的事情
But, for me, the real wolf at the door, subjectivity-wise,
但对我来说 就主体性而言 真正的难题在于
and apologies to Rousseau for saying this,
这么说卢梭应该不会同意
but none of us self-create.
但现在没有人自我创造
Although I do feel very historically contingent.
虽然我倾向于基于历史看待事物
I don't know if you do.
不知道你是否也如此
All right. Go and have a drink with my dad.
好 去和我爸喝一杯
That's much better.
好多了
Okay.
好的
Good.
很好
Good.
很好
This is your dad's. Can you hide it?
这是你♥爸♥爸的 能藏起来吗?
I want him to talk to people. Why?
我想让他和别人交流 为什么?
Because we need to be able to walk into that panel and say,
因为我们在面对委员会时 必须能说出
"Yes, our family are supportive and engaged."
“是 我们的家人 很支持、很投入”这句话
That's not really his sort of thing. Don't know how your mum does it.
他不擅长和人交流 不知道你妈怎么忍♥受得了
How can anyone be with someone that unavailable?
怎么做到和总缺席的人在一起?
Jason. Yes, sorry. Go on.
杰森 是 抱歉 请继续
I've got to go to the shop and get some posh wine for your mum.
我得去商店 给你妈妈买♥♥点高档酒
She's doing her face again.
她又在摆臭脸了
Have you got 8 quid?
你有8英镑吗?
Can't believe it's still light. I sort of thought it would be dark by now.
居然天还亮着 我以为已经天黑了
We've only been in there two hours. Yeah.
我们只在屋里待了两小时 对
Two hours with Jason's mum feels like a week with anyone normal.
和杰森的妈妈相处两小时 像和正常人相处一周
Oh, yeah.
是
Hey, you really okay? Yeah, why?
嘿 你真的还好吗? 是 怎么?
You just seem a bit on edge.
你看上去紧绷绷
Something's going on with Jason. I don't really know what.
杰森最近怪怪的 我不知道为什么
The training thing? Yeah.
培训的事? 是
Also...
还有…
What?
什么?
I saw a text he got from this woman called Sofia.
我看到他收到一条短♥信♥ 一个叫索菲娅的女人发的
We don't know anyone called Sofia.
我们不认识叫索菲娅的人
So, what did it say?
短♥信♥写了什么?
"We should do that again soon."
“有机会再来一次吧”
And then two kisses at the bottom.
然后末尾写了亲亲
Right.
好吧
Still, though, Jason... Also, he's running. He never runs.
但是 杰森… 而且他开始跑步了 他从不跑步的
So I'm thinking, who is he getting in shape for?
所以我在想 他在为谁健身?
No, look. I'm sure it's completely fine.
不 听着 一定不会有事
You're probably just thinking the worst because,
你大概只是想象最坏的情况 因为
you know, that's how you two got together.
你们俩就是那样开始的
And chili in everything.
所有菜都放辣椒
I mean, in an omelet?
连蛋卷都要放?
They'll be putting samosas in a full English breakfast next.
接下来要在英式早餐加咖喱角了
One thing I will say is, for the multiculturalism,
我必须要说 对于多元文化主义
if you do want a plumber at Christmas...
如果你真的想在圣诞请水管工
I'll bet they charge you the earth, do they, at Christmas?
他们一定在圣诞敲竹杠 对吗?
Obviously, your own child is preferable.
显然是亲生的最好
They did try. Oh, God, yeah.
他们试过了 天啊 对
I'd think to myself, "Christ, they're still trying."
我心想:“天啊 他们还没放弃”
They had to give it a shot.
他们必须要努力一下
But it is very modern, isn't it? To try and change things?
但这很现代 对吗?努力带来改变?
I think for our generation,
我觉得我们这一代人
if you couldn't do something, you just did something else.
如果不能做某事 那就做别的
There are more options now.
现在的选择更多了
But is that good?
但那是好事吗?
I don't know.
我看未必
We saw what it did to Nikki, emotionally.
我们也看到那事给妮基带来的情绪问题
I mean, you know what she's like.
你知道她那个样子
Would you like to try this wine, Sandra?
要试试这瓶酒吗 桑德拉?
There you go.
给
It's worse.
更难喝
The real question is, is it even moral to have a baby? You know?
真正的问题是 其实生孩子是否道德?
Just to rip it out of nonexistence into a dying world?
把他平白无故带进一个行将灭亡的世界?
Scott, would you mind taking some ice through to Sandra?
斯考特 你能给桑德拉送点冰块吗?
Yeah, sure. Where is it?
没问题 在哪?
Where's what?
什么在哪?
The ice.
冰块
Where's the ice? Yeah.
冰块在哪? 是
Well, it's in the freezer.
在冰箱里
Right. Yeah. Yeah, I was thinking probably freezer.
对哦 我想也是在冰箱
Okay.
好
What?
怎么?
But, you know, that's the way the world looks at it.
但这就是世人的看法
Yeah. If you don't have competition, you never get any better, do ya?
对 如果没有竞争 就不可能提高 对吗?
If you want the family to get along, he's part of the family, all right?
你希望家人和睦相处 他也是家人
I'm sorry, I just don't get it.
抱歉 我就是不明白
She doesn't even want kids. She's got time to find someone proper.
她连孩子都不想要 她有时间可以找个正经人
Do you know he claims he's never heard of Beyoncé?
你知道他说自己从没听过碧昂丝吗?
Beyoncé. I mean, why would you even boast about that?
碧昂丝 拜托 这是值得炫耀的事吗?
Yeah, yeah. Well, we invented cricket, didn't we?
对 我们发明了板球 对吧?
And now we go over there, they hammer us.
结果现在我们去比赛 输得一塌糊涂
I think our dads are bonding over racism.
我们的爸爸似乎在种族主义上找到共鸣
At this point, I'm glad they're talking.
他们能聊天我就满足了
The thing is, you walk down the street...
主要是 你在街上走…
What?
怎么了?
Jase.
小杰
Nikki. Can I just have a word, please?
妮基 我想和你谈谈 好吗?
Can I come and find you in a bit? No, it's all right. You carry on.
我一会儿来找你 好吗? 没事 你们说
I'm gonna go and break up the English Defence League
我过去拆散两位保卫英国同盟者
before they start printing pamphlets.
否则他们要开始派发传♥单♥了
What's up?
怎么了?
I think that we should just take it outside. Yeah?
我们去外面说吧
All right. What's the matter? You got something to say about Scott?
好 怎么了? 你对斯考特有什么意见吗?
What? No. What do you mean?
什么?没有 什么意思?
I just get the sense you're not happy for me.
我只是感觉你没有为我高兴
Why? I think it's great. I'm glad that you found someone.
为什么?我觉得很好呀 很开心你找到了另一半
Just tell me what you think of him.
告诉我你对他的想法
Well, I-- Yeah, I like him.
这个…我喜欢他
Nikki. I do.
妮基 真的
You are so full of shit.
你真是满嘴跑火车
Oh, my God. What do you want me to say?
天啊 你想让我说什么?
I want you to tell me the truth.
我想让你说真话
I want you to stop being so bloody nice.
我希望你不要再当老好人
It is not nice to be so nice all the time. It is oppressive.
一直做好人是不好的 会压抑自我
Fine. Fine, I don't like him.
好啦…我不喜欢他
Look, I'm sure I'll come to like him.
我一定会慢慢喜欢上他
But currently, I'm sorry, I do not.
但目前而言 很抱歉 我不喜欢
I knew it.
我就知道
You just hate that I am getting my shit together, don't you?
我的生活变好了 你就是不开心 对吧?
Oh, my God. Why would I hate that?
老天啊 我为什么会不开心?
'Cause you're insecure. Oh, wow. I'm insecure.
因为你没有安全感 哇 我没有安全感
You're the one marrying a man you barely like just for the company.
为了有个人陪伴 而嫁给不喜欢的男人的人是你
I am happy.
我很幸福
Please. If you were so happy about this, you wouldn't need me to be.
拜托 如果你那么幸福 就不需要我为你开心
You do not know him.
你不了解他
I know him enough to know he's not good enough for you.
我够了解他了 足以让我知道他配不上你
Karen-- Karen!
凯伦…
You know, it's not like I'm the only one. Oh, really?
又不是只有我这么想 真的?
Yes. Yeah. Right. Right.
对 那好
More drama.
又有闹剧了
Okay. Well, let's just see what everyone else thinks then, shall we?
那我们来听听大家的想法吧?
No. No, don't tell her. It's a trick. She doesn't really wanna know.
不 别告诉她 这是个陷阱 她不是真想知道
剧集 | 尝试(2020) | 导航列表