剧集 | 尝试(2020) | 导航列表
Mate.
嘿
What's going on? Been running.
怎么了? 跑步去了
What? Why? What's happened? Nothing. Just been running.
什么?为什么?发生什么了? 没什么 只是跑步
I don't understand. Someone chasing you? No. No one's chasing me.
我不懂 有人在追你? 不 没有人追我
I've just been for a run. People run.
我只是去跑步了 人们会跑步的
Okay.
好吧
Went to the corner shop and back.
跑到街角的商店 然后回来
Our corner shop? Oh, yeah.
我们的街角商店? 对
On Ellerslie Road? Yeah. Why?
埃勒斯利路的那间? 对 怎么了?
No, no, no reason.
没有原因
Measured the distance, exactly a mile.
计了一下距离 刚好1.6公里
So... beat my personal best.
所以…破了我的个人记录
What's your personal best?
你个人记录是多少?
Half a mile.
0.8公里
I think it's difficult for me to shift weight on account of my head being so big.
我觉得减肥对我来说太难 因为我的脑袋太大
Head's half a stone. Half a stone?
得有3公斤重 3公斤?
Look, it's extremely big.
特别大
Oh, yeah. That is pretty big.
对 确实很大
Oh, yeah.
是
I said, "Next time you tell someone you're taking their kids off them,
我说:“下次你和别人说 要把他们的孩子领走时
do it with respect.
请尊重一点
You put on a shirt and some smart shoes with laces."
穿上衬衫 穿一双要系鞋带的好鞋”
I'm not having it, not on my team. You're such a badass.
我不允许我的团队出现这种情况 你真厉害
Excuse me. Sorry, could I trouble you for a glass of water?
不好意思 能给我一杯水吗?
Oh, sorry. I don't work here.
抱歉 我不是服务员
No, I know, but it's just over there.
不 我知道 但水就在那边
Okay.
好吧
So, how are we doing with the family map? Oh, yeah.
家庭族谱准备得怎么样了? 对
Here you go. Lovely. Thanks so much.
给 真不错 谢谢
Thank you. Yeah.
谢谢你 是
Goody. Lovely. Good old family map.
好的 很不错的家庭族谱
You'll need this lot. These are your troops.
你需要这些人 他们是你的后援军
Adoption panels love a strong family network.
领养委员会喜欢强健的家庭网络
And this lot? They a good bunch? Supportive?
这些人呢?他们好吗?愿意支持你吗?
Or is it a tramadol- to-get-through-Christmas situation?
还是那种每逢圣诞如下地狱的家庭?
Oh, no. They're great.
当然不是 他们很棒
We couldn't have wished for a more supportive family.
找不到比他们更支持我们的家人了
And how's Jason? Yeah, he's great. He's perfect.
杰森如何? 他很好 他很完美
He's working today, which is why he couldn't, you know--
他今天要上班 所以不能…
Yeah, totally perfect.
是 非常完美
It's rare to get through this process without some bumps.
大部分人在这个过程中会遭遇起伏
You know, some doubts, some tension.
你懂的 心存疑虑、情绪紧张
Honestly, it's all good. It's all good.
真的很好
It's all perfect. Perfect.
一切完美 完美
Yeah, exactly.
没错
Right, bear with me. Nature calls.
不好意思 自然的召唤
Christ, it is like running a bath with the bloody plug out.
噢 天啊 还不如直接把水倒进厕所
Occupied.
有人
Penny, I can't use them. What have I told you?
佩妮 我不会用筷子 我和你怎么说的?
Yeah, I know. I just-- I thought it might count against us if we got,
我知道 只是… 我觉得这点可能会为我们减分
I don't know, an Asian child or--
比如领养亚洲小孩的情况…
Okay, I tell you what...
好吧 听我说
let's call this whole session off the record.
不如把这次见面当做私下的来往 不算数
I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry.
真的很抱歉
Could we get a fork?
能给我们一把叉子吗?
Sure.
当然
She's nice.
她人真好
A party? With both of our families? Are you out of your mind?
派对?我们两家人都参加?你疯了?
Penny thought it might help.
佩妮觉得可能有帮助
I just think it's a bad idea. Yes, again, noted.
我觉得是个坏主意 再说一次 收到
We've got a week till panel,
我们还有一周就要见委员会
and I've said our family are a great support network.
我说我们家人是很棒的后援网络
So basically we've got a week to make them into one.
所以我们有一周时间让他们变成那样
Can't we just lie? Say we've done it. I mean, no one's gonna--
不能撒谎吗?就说我们举办过了 不会…
Jason. This stuff matters.
杰森 这件事很重要
We're not gonna be able to do all this on our own.
我们只靠自己是不行的
We're gonna need their help.
我们需要他们的帮助
Plus, Erica agrees with me, so... Erica doesn't know 'em.
而且艾瑞卡也同意 所以… 艾瑞卡不了解他们
Yeah, well, I think she's got an idealized view of families
对 我觉得她的家庭观念很理想化
'cause both her parents are dead. Well, sorry about that.
因为她的双亲去世了 很遗憾
But both of our parents are still alive.
但我们的双亲都健在
And in many ways that's much harder.
从很多方面而言 那让情况更棘手
Mom, would you like some more?
妈妈 要再来一点吗?
Thanks. Oh, that's-- Okay, thanks.
谢谢 噢…好吧 谢谢
Sandra, would you like a top-up?
桑德拉 要给你倒满吗?
Go and talk to Mum, please. Why?
拜托你去和妈妈聊聊天 为什么?
Because it's really quiet. It's not going how I hoped.
因为太安静了 和我希望的不同
It's fine. It's going well.
没事的 一切顺利
No. Karen, there's no flow. Parties, they have to have flow.
不 凯伦 完全没气氛 派对必须有气氛
Oh, it's a party?
这是个派对?
Oh, okay then. No, no, it's not going well.
好吧 那不太顺利
Karen, will you just go and talk to her?
凯伦 去和她聊聊 好吗?
I am a 38-year-old woman with no children.
我是一个没有孩子的38岁女人
I have got nothing to talk to my parents about.
我和父母不会有任何话题
Please. For me.
拜托了 就当为了我
Fine.
好吧
I'm taking this though.
不过我要带上这个
And at the end of all of it, you're getting a very troubled child.
而且最后会领到一个问题儿童
Seems like a lot of hoops to jump through to get something that's already damaged.
花了这么多功夫 只为了一个次品
I don't think that's quite fair.
我觉得这么说不太公平
There are certain things you don't get secondhand.
有些东西是不能要二手的
Underwear, bed linen, children.
内衣、床单、孩子
I'm sorry if that sounds harsh. I just tell it like it is.
抱歉 这话不好听 但我是实话实说
You gonna take the job? Oh, I don't know.
你会接受那份工作吗? 不知道
No, I don't think so. I'm a teacher. I'm not a manager.
应该不会 我是老师 不适合当经理
Yeah, yeah.
是
Well, listen, you know, I have a little saying for decisions like this.
听着 对于这种决定 我有一句金言
"Follow your heart."
“跟着你的心走”
What line of work are you looking to get into, Scott?
你想找哪一行的工作 斯考特?
Right. I used to work in finance.
是 我以前从事金融业
I think, at root, I'm a storyteller.
但我觉得从根本而言 我是一位讲故事的人
Right.
是
Are you okay? Yeah. No, yeah. I'm fine.
你还好吗? 是 我挺好
I just want everyone to get along.
我只希望大家愉快地相处
Will you go and speak to Jason's dad?
你能和杰森的爸爸聊聊天吗?
He's just reading his iPad. He's not really engaging.
他一直在看平板电脑 他没有参与聚会
Yeah, okay. Where is he?
好 他在哪里?
Vic, what are you doing?
维克 你在做什么?
Well, there's no point in being here if I'm not gonna be useful.
如果我不能做点有用的事 没什么理由来这里
There are other reasons to be here.
来这里也可以做别的事啊
Like spending time with your family. Come on.
比如享受家人团聚的时光 走吧
I can fix that lock as well, if--
我可以把门锁也修好…
No, come on. Down--
不 来吧 下楼…
Actually...
其实…
No, come on. Downstairs.
走吧 下楼去
All right. You take a seat over there, Vic.
好的 你坐在那边 维克
I'll go grab you a drink.
我给你拿杯喝的
What did you do for tea last night?
你昨晚吃什么?
Lasagna.
千层面
Just lasagna?
只吃千层面?
And salad.
还有沙拉
That's nice.
挺好的
And you? Sausages.
你呢? 香肠
What, just sausages?
只吃香肠?
And a bit of mash.
还有一点薯泥
Cool.
挺好
There we are.
在这呢
I know a fellow tech-head when I see one.
又找到一名和我一样的科技达人了
It's Vic, isn't it? Yes.
你叫维克 对吗? 是
Has Scott had any luck workwise? No.
斯考特工作的事有起色吗? 没有
剧集 | 尝试(2020) | 导航列表