剧集 | 种群(2023) | 导航列表
我们下去吧
Shall we head below?
八十米
Eighty meters.
一百米
One hundred meters.
沿014航向
Steer zero-one-four.
它们应该马上会
They should come into view right about...
出现
now.
甲烷多毛纲蠕虫
Sirsoe methanicola.
是什么
What's that?
冰虫
Ice worms.
它们在这里出现多久了
How long have they been here?
我们几天前才发现的
We came across them a few days ago.
我记得你说 蔓延面♥积♥只有五十平方米
I thought you said they covered fifty square meters.
那是刚发现时
They did when we first discovered them.
确定这是同一个地点吗 -我再检查一下
Are you sure we're in the same spot? -Let me double-check.
同一地点
Same spot.
能拉进一点吗
Can you get closer?
它们在做什么
What are they doing?
在进食
They are feeding.
吃什么 -看到那些棕色斑块了吗
On what? -You see those brown patches?
那是蠕虫赖以为生的微生物垫
That's the bacterial mat which the worms feed on.
白色斑块是冰冻甲烷
The white spots are patches of frozen methane.
你们有潜航器第一次拍的录像吗
Do you have the footage from the original dive?
有 -我想看看
We do. -I'd like to see that.
我找人为你安排下
I'll have someone set it up for you.
声音开大此
Could you turn that up?
这是怎么回事
What was that?
可能是受到了链锁扭结
Sometimes we get some sort of interference
的干扰
from kinks in the tether.
来 拍照
There, picture.
拍照
Picture.
谢谢你
Thank you.
拍照
Picture.
拍照
Picture.
能帮我上传吗 -全部上传吗 教授
Could you upload these? -All of them, professor?
拜托
Please.
你想开瓶吗
Will you do the honors?
这可是在食堂享受不到的
You did not get this in the canteen.
我觉得这会让之前那顿更好下咽
Thought it might make the meal go down easier.
你有东西要给我看吗
So, you had something to show me.
对 冰虫确实可以生活在如此之北
Right, there are species of ice worm living this far north,
但这类冰虫都没有牙齿 更别提这种下颚了
but none of them have teeth, let alone jaws like this.
除此之外
And that's not all.
冰虫是广播产卵
Ice worms are broadcast spawners.
也就是说 它们会把数十亿的精♥子♥和卵子喷射在水中
It means they spew billions of sperm, eggs, into the water,
受精卵寥寥
very few of which are fertilized.
就算受精成功 孵化也需要好几周
And those that are? Well, they take weeks to hatch.
目前没有任何已知物种 能达到这种繁殖速度
There is no known species that can reproduce fast enough
在几天之内覆盖如此大的区域
to cover an area this big in just a few days.
而且 它们体型也变大了
And also, they're bigger.
几乎是几天前拍摄的两倍大
Almost double the size of the ones you spotted a few days ago, so I...
我知道这消息猝不及防
I mean, I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but...
但我们很有可能发现了一个新物种
I think it's a pretty good guess that we're looking at a new species.
如果真的发现了
And if we are,
我会以你的名字命名
then I'll name it after you.
就当是一位老朋友的临别礼物了
You can think of it as a parting gift from an old friend.
我把这个领域的专家名单发你
I'll send you some names of the experts in the field
以便你进行跟进
so you can follow up.
我更想跟你一起研究 -蒂娜
I'd rather stick with you. -Tina.
这次不会跟上次一样了
It won't be like the last time.
不会的 -会 因为我们免不了
It won't. -It will. 'Cause it's the only way...
如果会 我就不会让你过来了
No, I wouldn't have called you if that were true.
你让我过来 是因为你需要我
You called me because you need me.
霍夫斯塔德能源需要我
Hovedstad Energy needs me.
是需要但这并不意味着
We do. But that doesn't mean that...
政♥府♥要挪威♥海♥域建立5个勘探点
The government is opening up fifty new fields in the Norwegian Sea.
用于石油 天然气水合物的勘探
For the exploration of oil, gas hydrates,
这些能源如果没有环保组织授权
minerals which no one will be allowed to develop
任何人都不允许开采
unless you get a clean bill of health from the environmental groups
这是要把霍夫斯塔德逼上绝路
breathing down Hovedstad's neck.
所以你才想把我的名字
Which is why you'd like to add my name
加在其他咨♥询♥过的专家名单之内
to the list of other experts you've consulted.
我们这次会守规矩 -你只是这么说而已
We're doing it right this time. -You say that.
我不是随便一说 我认真的
No, I'm not just saying that. I mean it.
如果我们发现的这些东西 证明对环境敏感
If the worms, or anything we discover, proves to be environmentally sensitive,
我都会写进报告
it will be in my report.
脚注中不会有任何删减或隐瞒
Nothing will be deleted or buried in the footnotes.
要是阻碍了霍夫斯塔德的开♥发♥计划呢
And if it kills Hovedstad's plan to develop the site?
我都会在报告中如实陈述
It will still be in my report.
好 但你这一次的报告
Okay, but this time, when you write your report,
提交前我必须签名
before you submit it, I sign it.
页眉 页脚 每一页我都要签
Every page. Top, bottom.
好的
Okay.
你测试多长时间了
How long did you run the test?
24小时多一点
A little over twenty-four hours.
如你所见 蠕虫把微生物垫侵蚀殆尽
As you can see, the worms ate right through the bacterial mat.
然后进入冰层
And then carried on into the ice.
它们的尖牙和超大的下颚派上了用场
Which explains their teeth and oversized jaws.
但它们为什么要啃穿微生物层呢
But it doesn't explain why they ate through the bacterium.
冰层内没有他们能吃的东西
There's nothing in the ice for them to feed on.
无论什么原因 他们会一直前进 直至窒息
Whatever the reason, they kept going until they suffocated.
为什么
Why would they do that?
一此物种的自我毁灭行为
Some species display self-destructive behavior.
有时是为了控制种群数量 为群体做出牺牲
Sometimes it's population control, you know, sacrifice for the group.
但事实并非如此 -不是
But that doesn't seem to be the case. -It doesn't.
我们检测了微生物的繁殖速度
We checked the rate of reproduction of the bacterium as well.
已经超过了任何已知微生物
It's faster than any other known bacterium.
看来你不仅偶然发现了一种新冰虫
It looks like you've stumbled on a new species of ice worms,
还发现了一种新细菌
and also a new strain of bacterium.
就在挪威♥海♥的霍夫斯塔德考察船上
Smack in the middle of Hovedstad's fields in the Norwegian Sea.
我们会把发现写成报告 然后寄给
We'll write up our findings and send the report to...
寄给我
To me.
并发给西格尔一份
Copied to Sigur.
我来发给霍夫斯塔德的相关人员
I'll circulate it to the people who need to know at Hovedstad.
我能打个电♥话♥吗 -去我的办公室
Is there somewhere I can make a call? -You can use my office.
你觉得他们会怎么说
So, what do you think they'll say?
什么 霍夫斯塔德吗
What, Hovedstad?
他们能说什么 这是个新物种
Not much they can say. It's a new species.
这是事实 没有争议的余地
It's fact, it's not up for debate.
当然 这些材料都是事实
Sure, the information is fact,
但他们决定怎么做 就另当别论了
but what they decide to do about it, that's another question.
是啊 这你倒没说错
Yeah, you're right, it's true.
可惜这不是我能左右的
Unfortunately, it's not my decision.
所以就这么算了
So that's it?
你交出报告
You deliver your report,
取走支票 然后没事人一样走开
collect your check and... move on?
够了 拉希姆 -没事 没事
That's enough, Rahim. -No, no, it's fine.
听着 不如
Listen, you, why don't you
你用你的方式战斗
fight your battles your way?
我用我的方式战斗
And I'll fight them mine.
卡塔琳娜 谢谢你
Katharina, thank you.
记得把报告抄送给我
And just be sure to copy me, with the report.
当然 -谢谢
Sure. -Yeah.
你可以有自己的观点
You are entitled to your own opinion,
我赞不赞同另说
whether I agree with it or not.
但是你没有权利去侮辱
But what you are not entitled to do is to insult someone
我们研究所的业务伙伴
with whom this Institute has dealings.
你想质疑约翰森博士
You want to challenge Dr. Johanson?
去特隆赫姆 听他一场讲座
Go to Trondheim, sit in one of his lectures.
在他的提问时间发出质疑
And when he asks for questions, ask him.
在那之外 你要给他应有的尊重
Until then, you pay him the respect that he deserves.
剧集 | 种群(2023) | 导航列表