剧集 | 种群(2023) | 导航列表
this intelligence doesn't actually want to destroy us?
它们有没有可能只想要将我们驱离海洋
Do you think maybe it just wants to drive us from the water
永远不再回去
and keep us from coming back?
我认为有可能
I would like to believe so.
我愿意相信他们是在自卫而非侵略
I'd like to believe its intentions are defensive and not aggressive.
但你也不确定
But you aren't sure.
目前的确 我无法确认
Right now, no, I can't be.
很不幸 没人能下定论
None of us can, unfortunately.
我想我们都意识到了
But I think we have all learned
不能太过相信假设
to not hold too tightly to assumptions.
可能还会有更多
There'll probably be more.
一旦排除了不可能
"Once we've eliminated the impossible,
不管剩下的可能有多离谱
whatever's left, however improbable,
都一定是事实
must be the truth."
这是谁说的
Who said that?
夏洛克·福尔摩斯
Sherlock Holmes.
很适合现在的情况
I think it fits.
那是什么
What is that?
我妈妈给我的
Just something my mother gave to me.
我能看看吗
May I?
有什么意义吗
Does it mean something?
我小时候 会问很多问题
When I was little, I used to ask so many questions.
把我妈妈都要逼疯了
I remember driving my mom crazy.
她会限制我问问题的数量
She'd limit the number of things I could ask,
所以我得有所选择
so I had to be more selective.
有次我问了一个她回答不上来的问题
There came a point when I was asking things she couldn't answer.
她就给了我这个
She gave me that.
她说这是一个符号♥
She said it was a symbol.
代表了未知
For the unknown.
当然了 这只是为了让我消停下来
Of course it was just for me, to ease my mind.
有用吗
Did it work?
只管用了一段时间
For a while.
但是...
But...
我想我不是那种会接受未知的人
I don't think I'm the kind of person who could accept the unknown.
我也不是
Neither am I.
游够了吗
Enough?
嗯
Yes.
为什么是鲸鱼
Why whales?
我在海边长大
Grew up on the ocean,
在不列颠哥伦比亚
in British Columbia.
它是那里文化的一部分
It's part of the culture there.
我想这里的大部分人都记得孩童时期
I think most people remember being kids,
驾船出游 沙滩嬉戏
in boats, on the beach,
看着虎鲸喷出水花 灰鱼在水中翻腾
seeing the burst of an orca's spray or the flick of a grey's fluke.
我在设得兰群岛的时候 看到过虎鲸
I saw an orca, when I was in the Shetlands.
我一连出海了好几天
I kept going back out for a couple of days,
想要再次看到它们 但却再没看到
hoping to see it again, but I never did.
它们比大多数人想象的要害羞得多
They're a lot shyer than most people think.
怎么了
What?
莱曼教授不喜欢
Professor Lehmann hates it
我们像谈论人类一样谈论动物
when we talk about animals like people.
但我们都喜欢这样
But we all do it.
我想人们没有意识到我们和动物有多相似
I don't think people realize how similar they are to us.
他们会成周 成月的出游
They'll travel weeks, months,
听到鲸鱼唱歌♥时赶去见它
to meet a whale whose song they heard.
都对彼此忠诚
The devotion to each other.
怎么会有人不认为它们既迷人
I don't see how you can perceive it as anything but fascinating.
又美丽呢
As beautiful.
伊尔
我来概括一下 约翰逊博士
To recap, Dr. Johanson,
如果我理解有误请告诉我
and please tell me if I don't get this straight.
你和你的团队认为
You and your team believe
过去几周的灾难不仅仅是相互关联的
that the catastrophes of the past weeks are more than linked.
并且海洋中出现的新物种
That new species of marine life,
比如双壳类 甲壳类等等产生的变异
bivalves, crustaceans, to name a few, have mutated
都是为了针对人类进行蓄意攻击吗
to carry out deliberate attacks on humanity?
没错
That's correct.
并苴某些种类的鲸鱼 在化学与生物层面上讲
And that certain species of whales have been altered
都已经发生了变异
on a chemical and biological level,
变异促使他们的行为充满侵略性
prompting them to act with total aggression,
完全不顾及自身的
with no regard for their own well-being
健康以及存活
or even survival.
就是为了将我们推向内陆
To push us inland,
让世界上每个国家的海岸线都不再适合居住
to make coastline of every country around the world uninhabitable.
而这一切
And all of this,
所有一切
all of it,
都是来自于
is the work of an...
一种智慧生物
An intelligence.
外星智慧生物吗
Such as an alien intelligence?
我没说是外星人
I didn't say alien.
约翰逊博士 这个星球上有很多智慧生物
We have many intelligent species on this planet, Dr. Johanson.
的确
We do.
但我们认为这种智慧生物
But we believe that this intelligence surpasses
已经超越了已知的所有物种
anything we've seen in other species,
或许甚至超越人类自己
perhaps even our own.
我们看到的
What we are seeing,
使现存物种变异
the alteration of existing species,
以及催生新物种
the creation of new ones,
早已超越了我们力所能及的范围
is far beyond anything that we are able to do.
或许这是我们永远都做不到的
Perhaps will ever be able to do.
约翰逊博士 我们是否可以认为
Can we assume, Dr. Johanson,
你曾有过不那么偏激的想法
that you have considered other, less original ideas?
我有过
I have.
我们都有过
I think we all have.
很多次
Many times.
或许是实验室实验出了问题
A lab experiment gone wrong.
核废料容器腐烂
Decaying nuclear waste containers
导致放射性物质泄漏到海洋中
leaking radioactive material into the ocean.
或是敌对国家搞鬼
A hostile state.
生物恐♥怖♥分♥子♥制♥造♥转基因物种
Bio-terrorists genetically modifying species
用于协同攻击
to use in a coordinated attack...
我确信大家都这样想过
As many as I'm sure you've asked yourself.
如果你有合理 但不那么偏激的想法
And if you've come up with some plausible, less original idea
能够解释发生的一切
that explains all the phenomena that we have witnessed,
请告诉我们
then please tell us.
因为我们想象不到
Because we have not.
从我们目前听到的来看 并没有人有合理的想法
Nor, by the presentations we've heard so far, has anyone else.
那么这种新的智慧生物
And this new intelligence,
请问你如何命名它们 或他们
could I ask what you are calling it, or them?
我们暂且称他们为伊尔
For the time being, I have taken to calling them the "Yrr."
伊尔 -没错
The Yrr? -Correct.
如果我们采纳你的理论 你会怎么做
How would you proceed in the event that we consider your thesis?
我建议 第一步 我们应该试着联♥系♥他们
I would suggest, as a first step, we try to establish contact.
联♥系♥谁 -联♥系♥伊尔
Contact? -With the Yrr.
如果您能够联♥系♥到他们 约翰逊博士
And if you were able to contact them, Dr. Johanson,
你会说些什么
what would you say?
对于这样一支
What I would say to any invading force
我们无法抗衡的力量
that I stood no chance in combatting:
我会要求他们停止行动
I'd ask them to stop.
尽我所能
And do everything I could
与他们达成协议
to try to come to terms.
最后一个问题 约翰逊博士
One final question, Dr. Johanson.
你是特隆赫姆大学的教员吗
You're on the faculty of Trondheim University?
我目前正在休假
I am currently on sabbatical.
你一直在为荷兰能源公♥司♥做顾问
And you have been consulting for Hovedstad Energy.
没错
Correct.
是哪方为你的研究提供资金
Which financed your research?
我们发现瑟索甲烷的那次出行是由后者支持的
They financed the trip during which we discovered the Sirsoe methanicola.
还有其他的资金来源吗
Are there other sources of funding?
三船基金会提供了我们的旅行和住宿费用
The Mifune Foundation has offered to cover our travel and accommodation.
但你和你的同事
But you haven't received any support
剧集 | 种群(2023) | 导航列表