剧集 | 种群(2023) | 导航列表
Except for the baby's cry.
被改变过了 -为什么
Which has been changed. -Why?
为了告诉我们不管是谁 不论如何发送了这段信息
To show us that whoever, or whatever, sent the message
他们明白我们的意图 并且在回应我们
understands what we did, and is replying in kind.
我们联♥系♥上他们了 -是的
We have contact? -We do.
多谢 萨拉 -你在做什么
Thank you, Sara. -What are you working on?
我在思考你说的
I was thinking about what you said
一支服从于伊尔的军队
about an army marching to the orders of the Yrr.
如果我们是对的 伊尔使用谷氨酸
If we are right that the Yrr are using glutamate
来刺♥激♥它们控制的动物的神经系统
to stimulate the nervous system of the animals they take over,
我在想是不是能找到抑制它的物质
I was wondering if we can find something to depress it, you know?
他们是你的孩子吗 -是啊 这是去年夏天拍的
Are these your children? -Yes. That was last summer.
他们真漂亮 -谢谢
They're beautiful. -Thank you.
你有孩子吗
Do you have children?
没有
No.
我想过要孩子
I... I've thought about it.
但说真的
But to be honest,
就算我们挺过这一劫
even if we survive this,
我也该好好想想是不是该将一个孩子
I think I'd really need to consider whether I'd want to bring a child...
带进一个这样的世界
into whatever kind of world this will be.
我无法想象自己做母亲是什么样 是我前夫想要孩子
I couldn't imagine myself as a mother. It was my ex-husband that wanted them.
但是当孩子们真的来到世上
But then, they come along,
我不敢相信自己有多爱他们
and you can't believe how much you love them.
我还记得 在伊莎贝尔小的时候
I remember, when Isabelle was little,
她站在攀爬架下面 越爬越高
standing underneath the climbing frame as she went higher and higher,
我好怕她会摔下来 一直做好准备要接住她
terrified she'd fall, getting ready to catch her.
没人会告诉你
What nobody tells you,
甚至没人会想到要提起的
what no one even thinks to mention,
是那种恐惧
is the fear.
你从不会像担心他们一样担心自己
You're afraid for them in a way that you could never be for yourself.
会倾尽一切保护他们
And that you would do anything to protect them.
我们刚收到船长的消息就失去了联♥系♥
We heard from the captain right before we lost communication.
你们什么都没看到吗
You didn't see anything?
查莉说她看到了 -她有说看到什么了吗
Charlie said she did. -Did she say what it was?
只说外面有什么东西
Just that there was something out there.
在这样的极北之地 水与冰在会利用光线耍小把戏
This far north, the water, the ice, plays tricks with the light.
你想听听我的的想法吗 -要看你想说什么
You want my opinion? -Depends.
如果你期待看到点什么 你就会看到
If you want to see something, you see something.
尤其是想象力丰富之人
Particularly if you have imagination.
和查莉一样 你们中的很多人一定有丰富的想象力
Like Charlie, the lot of you, must have in spades,
能够凭空想象出伊尔的样子
to dream up something like the Yrr.
那你为什么要来 -来看看你是不是对的
So why did you come along? -To see if you were right.
之后都不用再采访我了吧
Does this mean I'm good for the rest of the trip?
那可不一定
I promise nothing.
这里的每条线都代表着我们收到信息的波长
Each line represents the wavelengths of the messages we received.
我可以拉长
Now, I can stretch
或缩短每条线
or shrink each line
来创造一幅图像 等船长批准后就能发出去
to create an image which I can send out once the captain gives us the go-ahead.
我相信伊尔一定能明白的
And I'm betting the Yrr will be able to understand.
船长
Captain?
把她放在桌上
Put her on the table.
这是什么
What is this?
脑脊髓液
Cerebrospinal fluid.
这说明包裹她大脑或脊髓的膜
It means there could be a tear or hole
发生了撕裂或破洞
in the membranes surrounding the brain or spinal cord.
她一定是摔倒了 撞到了头
She must have fallen, hit her head.
我们得减缓她的心率
We need to slow her heart rate,
降低她的血压 防止颅内肿胀
reduce her blood pressure, stop any cranial swelling.
柜子里有镇定剂 戊巴比妥和硫喷妥
In the cabinet there are some sedatives: Pentobarbital, Thiopental.
给我拿些冰块和冷却毛毯好吗
Can you get me some ice and cooling blankets?
我给她上药时你能去准备点滴吗
Can you prepare a drip while I administer?
好的
Yes.
好了
Okay.
电力激增时 出现了一声巨响
When the power surged, there was a blast of sound.
是低频声响 低于人的听觉下限
Low-frequency, below the lower limit of audibility,
所以你们听不到
so you wouldn't have heard it.
和之前的响声一样吗
Was it the same as the blast of sound that came in before?
是的 但要更强烈 -知道是什么造成的吗
Yes, but it was much stronger. -And do we know what produced it?
不知道 但我很确定是从船体内部发出的
No, but I'm pretty sure it emanated from inside the ship.
船体内部 -这次的是
Inside the ship? -This time, yes.
你能把你手里的数据发给我吗
Can you send what you have on it?
我们检查一下 看看是否能找出源头
So we'll run a check and see if we can locate the source.
现在 -好
Now. -Sure.
艾莉西亚怎么样了
How's Alicia?
稳定下来了 -她能挺过去吗
She is stable. -Is she going to pull through?
现在还说不定
It's just too early to tell.
我需要知道我们做的事会不会产生音频信♥号♥♥
I need to know if anything we're doing could be producing an acoustic signal.
工程部没有 -有什么发现吗
Nothing from Engineering. -Picked up anything?
没有 船长
Nothing, Captain.
没有齿轮故障吗 -没有 船长
No gear faults? -No faults, Captain.
压载舱修整过了吗 -是的
Are the ballast tanks trimmed? -They are.
她胳膊上的是什么 -不知道 才刚出现
What's that on her arm? -I don't know, it just appeared.
她胳膊上 腿上都是
On her arms, legs.
我本以为是血凝块 但皮肤并没有变色
I thought they might be blood clots, but there is no discoloration of the skin.
可能是神经系统内部创伤的表现
It could be a sign of some internal trauma to her nervous system.
神经系统创伤不会产生这种症状吧
Trauma to the nervous system doesn't manifest in that way, does it?
不会 但我们目前还不能排除任何可能
It doesn't. But I don't think we can rule anything out.
我觉得应该做个腰椎穿刺
I think we should do a lumbar puncture
检查下她脊柱里的液体状况
so we can examine the fluid in her spinal column.
你能在船上做穿刺吗
You can do that on board?
做穿刺不麻烦
It's pretty straight-forward.
但我需要你全程将她控制稳定
But I need you to hold her steady during the procedure.
我没问题
Fine with me.
好
Sure.
那好
Okay.
开始吧
Okay.
没事的
It's okay.
完成了
Done.
我从没想过能看到这个 -北极吗
I never thought I'd get to see this. -The Arctic?
北极 还有任何离家几百里远的地方
The Arctic, or anywhere a hundred miles away from home.
我曾梦想过这样的场景
I dreamt about it.
想象自己在这样的船上 看着我从未见过的海洋
Imagined myself on a ship like this, looking at an ocean I had never seen.
有些许害怕 有人受伤
Being afraid, someone getting hurt...
这可不是我梦里的场景
wasn't part of the dream.
我小的时候 有很多时间都在考察船上度过
I spent a lot of time on research vessels when I was a child.
和我爸妈一起
With my parents.
在哪儿
Where?
多数是在赤道以南
Mostly south of the Equator.
新西兰 毛里求斯 还有佛得角
New Zealand, Mauritius, Cape Verde.
这是你第一次来这么远的北部吗
This your first trip this far north?
这么远的确是第一次
This far north, yes.
但不是第一次来北极
In the Arctic, no.
有天晚上他们把我叫醒
They woke me up one night.
是暴风雨来了
A storm.
我妈说 一切都会没事的
My... My mother told me everything was going to be okay.
她把我和其他人一起安置在救生艇里 让我在那儿等他们 可
Put me on a lifeboat with some others, told me to wait for them there, but...
他们再也没来
They never came.
所有人都觉得我该恨海洋
Everybody thinks I should hate the ocean,
并会害怕接近海洋
be afraid to go anywhere near it.
但这让我觉得和海洋更加亲近
But it makes me feel closer to them.
感觉他们就在这里
Makes me feel like they're there,
保护着我的安全
keeping me safe.
右边是艾莉西亚神经细胞的图像
The slide on the right is an image of Alicia's nerve cells,
采自她的脊髓液
taken from her spinal fluid.
细胞正常并且健康
The cells are normal. Healthy.
而左侧的细胞取自同一个样本 却严重受损
The nerve cells on the left are from the same sample, and are badly damaged.
你知道是什么导致的吗
Do you know what caused it?
看到上面的白线了吗
You see the white threads?
我们在被伊尔感染的动物体内也发现了同样的物质
It's the same substance we found inside the animals infected by the Yrr.
我们认为这种物质试图与她的一些细胞进行融合
We think the substance tried to fuse with some of her cells,
就像对动物所做的一样
剧集 | 种群(2023) | 导航列表