剧集 | 种群(2023) | 导航列表
Learning?
我们在龙虾中发现的细菌菌株
The strain of bacterium we found in the lobsters
是由捕捞龙虾的渔民带上岸的
was brought ashore by the fishermen who caught them.
而被感染的螃蟹则是自己上岸的
The infected crabs came ashore by themselves.
你明白我为什么不跟理事会提这个吧
You understand why I decided not to mention that to the Council?
在这点上我跟你意见一致
Well, as it happens, I agree with you.
其它几件事也一样
As do several others.
你方便见个面吗
Would you be free to meet?
在特隆赫姆吗 -不 在基尔
In Trondheim? -No. In Kiel.
海洋生物学院
Institute for Marine Biology.
你认识卡塔琳娜·莱曼吧
I think you know Katharina Lehmann.
不太熟 但是认识 我们通过几次话
Not well, but yes, we have spoken a few times.
问题是
The thing is...
我答应孩子们会回去了
I promised my children I'd be back.
我知道这要求有点过分了
Yeah, I know it's a lot to ask.
什么时候 - 明天
When? - omorrow.
好吧 我去
Okay, I'll be there.
嘿 拉希姆. 莱昂·阿纳瓦克来了 你能下去跟他见一面吗
Hey, Rahim. Leon Anawak's on his way. Could you go down and meet him?
把他带到实验室来
And bring him to the lab?
没问题 - 好 谢了
Sure. -Yeah? Thanks.
莱昂·阿纳瓦克
Leon Anawak?
是我
Yes.
我叫拉希姆·埃米尔 我跟莱曼教授共事
I'm Rahim Amir, I work with Professor Lehmann.
路上还顺利 - 从没做过私人飞机
Good flight? -Never flown on a private jet before.
我们俩都一样 走吧
You and me both. Please.
餐厅关了 但是办公室有三明治和咖啡
The cafeteria is shut, but we have coffee and sandwiches in the office
如果你想在开始前吃点什么请随意
if you'd like to eat something before we get started.
你跟其他人说过了吗
You spoke to the others?
对 塞西尔 莱昂
Yeah. Cécile, Leon...
莱曼教授呢 -没有
Professor Lehmann? -No.
没 我想等等再说
No, I thought it better to wait for some back-up.
最近几天 几周
In recent days... weeks,
我们见到了一些不合常理的情况
we have all seen things that should not be.
但事情就是发生了
And yet are.
海洋物种的数量以指数级的速度增长
Populations of marine species growing at a rate so exponential,
似乎与生物学相悖
it seems to defy biology.
鲸的行为就像被什么附体似的
Whales behaving as if possessed...
从长时间休眠的地方
The eruption and channeling of water
喷出的水在很远的距离内流动
from long dormant sites over vast distances...
感染了变异菌株的物种
Species infected with
毒害了我们的水
mutant strains of bacteria, poisoning our water.
我认为现在看到的这一切应该是背后有东西在控制
I believe something is behind the events we've all witnessed firsthand.
它将大海变成了某种武器来对付我们人类
Something that has weaponized the seas against us.
如果这些现象是彼此关联的
If these... phenomena are in fact connected,
如果他们存在于我们目前还未可知的领域
if they're outside the bounds of what we currently know to be true.
它们可能是某种智慧生命的产物
That they are somehow the work of
想把我们从海洋附近赶走
some sort of intelligent life force which wants to drive us from the ocean.
你是这个意思吗
Is that what you're suggesting?
是的
Yes.
但是
But...
但我们根本找不出
But we've hardly scratched the surface
任何合理的解释
of what might be a plausible explanation.
莱曼教授
Professor Lehmann.
是的 我同意
That's true, I agree.
但是直觉告诉我这是别的东西
But instinct tells me this is something else.
莱昂 我不会质疑你
Leon, I'd never question the importance
听从直觉的重要性
of following your instinct,
或者直觉是如何
or how intuition has been the impetus
成为我们领域突破的动力
for so many breakthroughs in our field.
但是抛弃我们已知的一切真实
But to abandon everything we know to be true...
跳出来这么个结论
and jump to such a conclusion?
卡塔琳娜 因为我所知道的
Katharina, it's because
真实已经不再真实 所以我才开始考虑其它情况
all I know to be true is no longer true that I began to look elsewhere.
而且我禁不住去想
And I cannot help but think that
在海里发生的事情是某种反应
what's happening in the sea is in some way a reaction,
是对我们行为的一种回应
a response, to what we have done to it.
塞西尔 你是在让我
Cécile, you are asking me
推♥翻♥我所建立的
to unearth the foundation
我的培训 我的研究 我的教学
on which my training, my research, my teaching,
一切基准
has been built.
我做不到
I can't.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
我就不打扰你们继续了
I shall let you to it.
但我走之前 我想警告你们
But before I do, I must warn you.
接下来的路可能会及其凶险
This could be a very dangerous road to be going down.
在目前这样
At a time like this,
世界局势动荡的境况中
with the world so unstable,
表明我们在已知的科学成果中
to suggest that we cannot find the truth in science
无法寻找到真♥相♥
as we know and understand it,
我们必须明白 这或许
you must realize the level of disruption
会对人类的精神信念造成极大的摧毁
that might be unleashed onto the psyche of the world.
莱曼教授
Professor Lehmann.
查莉
Charlie.
你真的不觉得我们有对的机会吗
You really don't think there's a chance that we're right?
这与机会无关 这是可能性的问题
It's not about chances, it's about probability.
当可能性极低时
And when probability is low,
谨慎行事才是明智之举
then it's wiser to proceed with caution.
而你们并不是如此 -我们没时间谨慎做事了
Which is not what you're doing. -We don't have time for caution.
这话说着轻松
It's easy to say that.
但现在才是最需要谨慎的时候
But right now is the time to be more careful than ever.
你的名誉岌岌可危 大家的都是
Your reputation is on the line. All of theirs are.
名誉还有什么用 如果
What good will that do, if...
你若想要大家听信你的话
You still need a good reputation
你就需要名誉
if you want people to listen to you.
当你相信一件事情是真的
When you believe something is true,
就去勇敢追求它 无视风险
you pursue it, despite the risks.
我是在您身上学到的 -我明白你的理想主义
I learned that from you. -I understand your idealism.
但就我的经验而言
But in my experience,
冒这样的险往往不会有好结果
taking this kind of risk tends to end badly.
每个人都有三十分钟时间
The slots are all thirty minutes.
如果议会选中了你的提案 还会有一系列后续行动
If your proposal is selected, there is a follow-up with the council.
需要提前发送所有配套文档
All supporting documentation needs to be sent in advance.
我们现在正在做了
Yeah, we're working on that as we speak.
出行越来越困难了
Travel is getting increasingly difficult.
我会让办公室安排
I'll have my office make arrangements.
我需要你随行人员的名单
I will need the names of those accompanying you.
塞西尔·罗克 莱昂·阿纳瓦克
Cécile Roche. Leon Anawak.
查莉·瓦格纳
Charlie Wagner.
还有拉希姆·埃米尔
And Rahim Amir.
莱曼教授呢
And Professor Lehmann?
很不幸 莱曼教授无法与我们一道了
Unfortunately, Professor Lehmann won't be joining us.
她的看法不同吗
She has a different view?
是的 没错
She does. Yes.
但 利库 我向你保证 -你无需向我保证什么
But, Riku, I assure you... -You don't need to assure me.
莱曼教授的名字无疑会为你的陈述增加可信度
Professor Lehmann's name would've added a credibility to your presentation,
但若你们的发现是正确的 那它自会说明一切
but if your findings are sound, they will speak for themselves.
谢谢 谢谢你利库
Thank you. Thank you, Riku.
你在她门下做了多久的研究
How long have you studied under her?
莱曼教授吗
Professor Lehmann?
有三年了
Three years.
还要再待两年
Two more to go.
才能完成博士学位
If I want to finish my PhD.
现在或许不是做人生抉择的最好时机
It's probably not the best time to be making decisions about the future.
或许不是
No, probably not.
当你向议会陈述观点的时候
When you spoke in front of the Council...
你说我们面临的
You said we were looking at
是世界上有史以来最大规模的人口迁移
the largest displacement of human beings the world has ever seen.
是的
I did, yes.
你觉得
Do you think...
你觉得有没有可能
Do you think it's possible that
那些智慧生物并不是真的想要毁灭人类
剧集 | 种群(2023) | 导航列表