剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表
You and Mac are tough.
你和麦肯都很坚强
Don's tough. I want to be.
唐很坚强 而我想变得坚强
You are.
你很坚强
You know when I first noticed you?
你知道我第一次注意到你 是什么时候
When I ran into the room and got tackled by Mac's luggage?
我跑进编辑室 被麦肯的行李绊倒时
Did you know...
你知道吗...
No. It was funny, but I didn't notice you until later.
不 那一幕很好笑 但我后来才注意到你
There was a beep. It was an iNews alert.
你听到一声"哔" 是iNews的预警
But it was yellow.
但只是黄色预警
You've got a news alert.
有新闻预警
Nobody was paying attention to it. It was yellow.
没有人在意 只是黄色预警
You clicked on it anyway.
你还是点开看了
You couldn't help yourself.
你忍♥不住
You ran back into the building.
你跑回了楼里
He's dead and I'm alive.
他死了 而我还活着
That's what I'd keep in mind.
希望你能记住
It's after midnight now and I feel like I can ask a question.
已经过了午夜 有个问题我觉得可以问了
Sure. I meant to Will.
请问 我想问威尔
Yes.
好吧
Who did you vote for today?
你投给了谁
You know I'm not answering that.
你知道我不会回答的
I thought you might
我以为你会
because you revealed your party affiliation on the air last year.
因为你去年直播时 已表明了你的党派关系
I did. I identified myself as a Republican
是的 我表明我是共和党人
because I thought it was fair
为了公平起见
to give to the viewer given the commentary I was delivering.
在我发表言论前 有必要向观众坦白
A commentary that ended with
那番言论的最后
you calling the Tea Party the American Taliban.
你称茶党为美国塔♥利♥班♥
Yes. And in the body of the commentary
是的 而且那番言论的主体
was a blistering indictment of Republicans. Exactly the opposite.
是对共和党人的激烈批判 恰恰相反
It was a blistering indictment of people who aren't Republicans.
那是对非共和党人的激烈批判
Well, who's to say who is and who isn't?
谁有资格评判 谁是谁不是呢
On that night, I did.
那晚 我评判了
I want to remind you you asked me to pursue this area.
请你记得 是你要求我追问这方面问题的
I understand. And I'm wondering, with all respect,
我明白 无意冒犯 但我在想
do you call yourself a Republican
你自称是共和党人
so you can make a claim to credibility when you attack the GOP?
是否因为 从这角度攻击共和党 更令人可信
No, I call myself a Republican 'cause I am one.
不 我自称是共和党人 因为我是
I believe in market solutions
我相信市场化的解决方案
and I believe in common sense realities
我相信常识性的现实
and the necessity to defend ourselves
也相信有必要保卫自己
against a dangerous world and that's about it.
抵御危险的世界 就这些了
Problem is now I have to be homophobic.
问题是 我现在必须恐同
I have to count the number of times people go to church.
必须历数他人去教堂的次数
I have to deny facts and think scientific research is a long con.
必须否认事实 必须认为科学研究是骗局
I have to think poor people are getting a sweet ride.
必须认为穷♥人♥在白拿好处
And I have to have such a stunning inferiority complex
我必须心怀无比的劣等感
that I fear education and intellect
恐惧教育与智力
in the 21st century.
这是21世纪啊
But most of all, the biggest new requirement,
但主要的是 一条最大的新要求
really the only requirement,
其实也是唯一的要求
is that I have to hate Democrats.
那就是 我必须恨民♥主♥党人
And I have to hate Chris Christie
还必须痛恨克里斯·克里斯蒂
for not spitting on the president when he got off Air Force One.
因为总统下飞机时 他没朝总统吐唾沫
The two-party system is crucial to the whole operation.
两党制对国家的运作至关重要
There's honor in being the loyal opposition.
做个忠诚的反对党 是荣誉
And I'm a Republican for the same reasons you are.
我加入共和党的原因跟你一样
So I hope your voice gets louder in the next four years.
所以我希望 今后四年 你的话语能越来越响
Well, I don't like losing, so count on it.
我不喜欢输的感觉 所以你不会失望
You know, just jumping on top of that idea...
顺便提一个相关的...
I'm sorry, Sloan. Come on!
抱歉 斯隆 啊啊啊
We're gonna go to Jane Barrow in Washington
现在转向华盛顿演播室的简·巴罗
for an update on some West Coast House races.
她将送上最新的西海岸众议院选情
Plenty more coverage coming tonight. Jane?
今晚还有不少结果要出 简
And clear. Are you doing it on purpose now?
切出 你故意的吧
No, it's just working out unbelievably well.
不是 实在太巧了而已
You ever read Jedediah Purdy, "For Common Things"?
你有没有读过杰迪戴亚·普尔迪的《共同的东西》
No.
没
He talks about cynical times.
他提到犬儒主义的时代
People having terminal irony with a studied refusal to hope or care openly.
人类的终极讽刺 故意且公开地摒弃希望和关心
Does that sound like us? No.
听着像我们吗 不像
No.
不像
Have you asked yourself tonight
你今晚有没有问过自己
why we never reported the Petraeus story?
为什么我们没有报道彼得雷乌斯
The Petraeus? Remember?
彼得雷乌斯 记得吗
David Petraeus is resigning on Thursday.
戴维·彼得雷乌斯将于周四辞职
We didn't report it. That's funny. I forgot.
我们没报 真好笑 我忘了
Yeah. It's because we never made the trade.
对 因为我们没有交易
The decision was that the other story
决定的理由是 另一则报道
had information voters needed, the Petraeus story didn't.
含有选民需要的信息 彼得雷乌斯故事没有
Not that many voters.
事关的选民不多
It would have affected maybe a few thousand, tops.
最多也就能影响到几千人
In one district, one seat.
事关一个选区 一个席位而已
As opposed to breaking two days early
另一边 我们能提早两天报道
what will be a giant story.
绝对是巨大新闻
Breaking it in front of an Election Night audience.
在大选之夜的观众面前 插播突发新闻
And the decision to decline the trade was made instantly
众人当即就决定拒绝交易
and unanimously.
且全票通过
Don pushed back reflexively,
唐出自本能地反对
but he came around in seven seconds.
但七秒后 他就想通了
Don.
唐啊
We've come a long way.
我们都成长了许多
I'm not resigning.
我不辞职了
And neither are you.
你也是
What, are we out of our fucking minds?
怎么 我们脑子进水了吗
Dantana doctored the tape. That's what happened, Will.
丹塔纳篡改了录像 这是真♥相♥ 威尔
We know the truth and the mob doesn't.
我们了解真♥相♥ 而无知群众并不了解
When did we decide it was an institutional failure?
我们何时承认这是机制问题
We waited 11 months.
我们等了11个月
We know people who would have gone
要知道换做别人 怕是在第二次
after the second red team meeting or even the first.
甚至第一次红队会议后就报道了
You agree with what I'm saying?
你同意我说的吗
I believe, except for the
我相信 除了我们做错的事情
things we did wrong, we did everything right.
我们做的一切都是对的
And I can't live with Mac taking the blame for--
我不能忍♥受麦肯背黑锅
We'll get the audience's trust back.
我们要赢回观众的信任
Like Leona said,
如莉安娜所说的
we're gonna overcome the terminal irony
我们要克服这终极讽刺
and the laundry list of embarrassing things in the complaint?
以及投诉中那一场串丢脸的事情
I've got to tell you, I'm not embarrassed.
我告诉你 我一点儿也不觉得丢脸
The Zimmerman tape, Jim going to New Hampshire,
齐默尔曼的录音 吉姆去新罕布♥什♥
Sloan punching a guy in arbitrage--
斯隆一拳打上那个做商业套利的家伙
I actually like that one.
我还挺喜欢这个的
I can't tell what you're thinking.
我看不出你在想什么
Will?
威尔
It's gotten strange now.
这可太诡异了
Are you able to hear me speaking?
你能听得到我说话吗
She-- except for the things she did wrong,
她 除了她做错的事情
she did everything right, too.
她所做的一切也都是对的
The rest was me. I'm lost.
其他的是我的错 我听不明白
Uh, yes.
没错
We're going to do the things you just said
听了你刚刚说的原因
for the reasons you just gave.
我们要按你说的去做
I missed parts of what you were saying at the end,
我没听到你最后说的那些话
but that's just gonna have to be--
但是情况就是
I'll be right back. Yes!
我很快就回来 没错
Way to go.
就该这样
Yeah, no, I'm definitely resigning.
算了 我还是辞职吧
Does anyone know where MacKenzie is?
谁知道麦肯兹在哪儿
I think she's in the hair and makeup room. She's not.
我想她在化妆间 她不在
剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表