剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表
We believe given his proximity to the raid
我们认为 鉴于他离突袭地点很近
that he was killed.
他被杀害了
Well, or that he couldn't pay for his cell plan.
或者他没钱给手♥机♥充话费了
Those are two pretty different things.
这两种说法差得也太多了
Have we put boots on the ground
我们有没有派人
to see if there's any locals we can talk to?
去找当地人谈谈
You can't send Americans in there or anyone working for Americans.
你不能派美国人或者为美国工作的人过去
A local fixer? It's much too dangerous.
当地的线人呢 太危险了
What does Tapley say? Who?
塔普莱怎么认为 谁
Mike Tapley, our military analyst,
麦克·塔普莱 我们的军事分♥析♥员
who I don't know why we didn't use him instead of West.
我不明白为什么你们用维斯特不用他
'Cause I was producing the segment.
因为是我制♥作♥了这一单元
Neither Mike nor our Pentagon correspondent have been brought in.
麦克和我们的国防部记者都不知情
The Pentagon would go into shutdown.
国防部会因此关闭
We'll ask for comment 24 hours before air.
我们在播出前24小时再请他们评论
Before air?
播出前
We're really talking about--
我们真的要
Charlie, be the voice of reason.
查理 理性地说服他们
I think it happened
我认为那次行动真的发生了
and I think we're two inches away from proving it.
而且我认为我们很快就能证明这个事实
It's always 50-50 when you ask Charlie to be the voice of reason.
让查理理性地发言 总有一半的风险
Nobody's saying it's ready to air. I'm saying it's ready.
没人说现在就可以播出 我说可以
It certainly is not.
现在当然不行
And we can keep calling the names on the list
我们可以继续打电♥话♥给名单上的人
till St. Swithin's Day,
直到圣斯威森日[7月15日]
but we have a better chance of getting Herman Valenzuela to talk
但指望那29个人开口
than any of the other 29.
还不如指望赫尔曼·巴伦苏埃拉活过来
So we started looking for someone not on the list.
所以我们开始寻找不在名单上的人
A flag officer who'd be in a position
一位有权确认
to confirm the mission. Neal?
这次任务的将官 尼尔
We ran five separate searches and cross-referenced
我们分别进行了五次搜索 相互对照了
the five search parameters which were the following:
五次搜索的参照条件 具体如下
recently retired generals who have attempted
近期已退休的
to publish work that was heavily redacted,
试图发表被严重篡改的文件的将军
commanders who have served as head
当过海军陆战队作战后勤
of the Marines Combat Logistics and Munitions Element,
和弹♥药♥分队总指挥的指挥官
generals who've taken academic positions since retiring,
退休后进入学术界的将军
who've been critical of the US stockpile of chemical weapons,
对美国化学武器储备提出批评的将军
and flag officers who were on active duty when Genoa took place.
还有热那亚行动发生时的在役将官
When we think Genoa took place.
我们认为热那亚行动发生时
There's one name that meets all five criteria.
有一个人符合所有五个条件
This is three-star Marine General Stanislaus Stomtonovich.
这是海军三星上将斯坦尼斯洛斯·斯托姆托洛维奇
He was a munitions consultant at White Sands
他在白沙区做过军♥火♥顾问
and an expert on the US chemical weapons program.
也是美国化学武器计划的专家
He retired six months after Genoa
热那亚行动六个月之后 他退休了
and lives in Silver Spring.
现在住在银泉市
You're gonna call and ask him
你要打电♥话♥问他
if we dropped sarin gas on a small village?
我们有没有在小村庄投放沙林毒气
No, we're going to his house.
不 我们直接去他家
Charlie, Goddamn it.
查理 别闹了
He's already alerted
他已经把此事报告给
the Pentagon's Office of Public Affairs.
国防部公共事务办公室了
He thinks we're coming about something else.
他以为我们去是为了别的事
We're just getting in the vestibule.
我们只会在他家前厅呆着
But eventually, you will ask him the question?
可你们终究会问他那个问题
Yeah.
没错
Do you understand what we're accusing them of?
你们明白我们在给他们安什么罪名吗
We do, Jim, yeah.
我们明白 吉姆
And I think we're less concerned with what we're accusing them of
我认为 相对于我们给他们安的罪名
than we are with what they did.
我们更在意他们实际犯下的罪过
What you think they did, which I still can't hardly believe
是你们认为他们犯下的罪过
my fucking ears we're even talking about.
我还是不敢相信我们居然在讨论这个
What was the general's name? Stomtonovich.
那个上将叫什么 斯托姆托洛维奇
How are you gonna question Stomtonovich
你打算怎么向斯托姆托洛维奇问话
without him knowing what you're asking?
才能不让他发现你在问什么
We're gonna ask him
我们打算问他
how chemical weapons would be stored and deployed.
化学武器是如何存储和部署的
What's the cover story? Libya.
你们编的借口是 利比亚
You've been on this for seven months?
你七个月来都在调查这个吗
Do you believe the story?
你相信这件事吗
I don't know.
我不知道
Have we nailed down the number of reindeer?
我们确定了驯鹿到底有几只吗
I see you.
我看到你啦
You seem really excited every time this works.
每次我们连上视频 你都很兴奋
Is it because you're seeing me
是因为你看到我了
or is it because of the technology?
还是因为发达的科技
The technology. I get that.
是科技 我明白了
But tomorrow night it'll be because I'm seeing you.
不过明晚我会兴奋是因为我能见到你
I'll tell you why you should be excited about tomorrow night.
我来告诉你明晚你为什么会兴奋
I got a suite at the Soho Grand.
我在苏豪大酒店订了一间套房♥
It cost three years' salary. I like you.
价格相当于我三年薪水 我喜欢你
That's such great news for me. It really is.
你这么说我太高兴了 你应该高兴
So I'll pick you up at the event at 10:00.
我会在十点活动结束后来接你
I'll be out in the lobby. We'll go to dinner
我在大堂等你 然后我们去吃饭
and then back to the hotel for, you know, discretionary time.
然后回酒店 你知道 自♥由♥活动一下
Speaking of dinner... What's about to happen?
说到吃饭 你想说什么
Do you know Aubrey Lerner? No.
你认识奥布丽·勒纳吗 不
Her byline is AK. I don't know her.
署名叫AK的那个 我不认识她
AK Lerner. I don't know her,
AK·勒纳 我不认识她
but I feel like she's about to be an obstacle in my path to--
但我有种预感 她即将破坏我的
Discretionary time? Yes.
自♥由♥活动时间 没错
No, she's been on the press plane
不会的 她乘坐媒体专机做采访
for a couple of weeks and she reports for mtvU.
已经好几星期了 她是mtvU的记者
It sounds like she'd have a really good time
听上去 明天她需要
staying home by herself tomorrow.
独自在家好好休息
I don't think you should rob her of that.
我觉得你不应该打扰她
She stays at her parents' place when she's in New York
她回纽约时住在父母家
and I thought she could come out to dinner with us tomorrow night
我想明晚她可以跟我们一起出来吃饭
and you could bring Neal.
你可以带上尼尔
I think they'd really hit it off
我觉得他们会一拍即合
and you said he just broke up with somebody.
你也说了 他刚分手
Neal's always just broken up with somebody.
尼尔总是处于刚分手的状态中
He calls it going home in the morning.
对他来说 这就像早上回家一样
It'll be a fun foursome.
我们四个人会玩得很开心的
Dinner and then straight to the hotel.
先吃饭 然后直接去酒店
How many of us?
几个人去
Jim, I'll have just finished covering
吉姆 那时我刚报道完
a $5,000-a-plate dinner.
5000美元一客的晚餐
I'll be in cocktail attire.
我会盛装打扮
Do it. Do it.
答应她 答应她
Whatever she's asking to do, do it. Do it now.
无论她让你做什么 答应她 赶紧的
You gonna be okay? Yeah.
你没事吧 没事
Hey, Gary. Hey, Hallie.
你好 格雷 你好 哈莉
In terms of what you're gonna be wearing,
说到你明晚的着装问题
could you describe exactly what you're thinking--
你能不能具体描述
I'll see you guys tomorrow at 10:00?
我明晚十点和你们见面
In the ballroom lobby. I've got to go.
在宴会厅大堂 我得走了
I'll talk to you later.
回头再谈
Neal.
尼尔
Harry Truman dubbed the 80th Congress
杜鲁门总统把第80届国会
the "Do-Nothing Congress."
称作"无所事事的国会"
Its productivity, measured by this bar,
它的工作效率 用这个柱状图来表示
shows the number of laws they passed.
可以看出它通过的法律的总数
The productivity of the 112th Congress
第112届国会的工作效率
is measured by this bar.
可以用这个柱状图表示
The 112th Congress has not yet passed 1/6 of the laws
第112届国会通过的法律还不及
of the Do-Nothing Congress.
"无所事事的国会"的六分之一
But let's look at the laws they have passed.
那让我们来看一看他们通过的法律吧
Congressman Peter Roskam represents the 6th District of Illinois.
众议员彼得·罗斯克姆代表伊利诺伊州第六区
Illinois has the fourth highest unemployment rate in the country
伊利诺伊州的失业率全国第四
剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表