剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表
he applied for a job at Kickstarter.
他在Kickstarter申请了一份工作
I'm sure he was advised to demonstrate
我确定 有人向他提议
that due to his wrongful termination here,
说是由于他在这里的不当解雇
it's now impossible for him to get work elsewhere.
导致他现在无法在其他地方获得工作
A man named Goldman, Ezra Goldman, called you
一个叫以斯拉·高曼的人曾打电♥话♥给你
about a reference for Jerry?
想了解一些杰利的情况
Mmhmm. And what did you say?
是的 你是怎么说的
I said, "Ezra, this is the
我说, "以斯拉
call I've been waiting my whole life for."
我等这通电♥话♥很久了"
What else? I told him the story.
还有呢 我把事情的始末都告诉了他
I told him Jerry knowingly put a false story on the air
我告诉他杰利蓄意将
about Marines murdering civilians with sarin gas.
陆战队使用沙林气残杀平民的假新闻报道出来
Anything else? Probably.
还有吗 也许还有
Think.
想
I said, "If your company needs a
我说, "如果你的公♥司♥需要一个
very hardworking sociopath, then Jerry's your man."
勤奋的反♥社♥会♥ 杰利是不二人选"
Right there. No, he's a hardworking guy.
就是这句 他的确挺勤奋的
Under New York state law, tortious interference results
纽约州法律规定 非法干涉指
if you intentionally interfere with a potential business relationship
蓄意的 纯粹由于怨恨
by acting solely out of malice
或者通过不当或者不诚实的方法
or through improper or dishonest means.
干涉一个潜在的商业关系
Wait. Sure.
等等 行啊
He's suing me for giving him a bad job recommendation?
他起诉我给他工作打差评
For saying something that wasn't true.
告你说了不真实的话
It's not a dispute he doctored the tape.
他篡改录像带 是不争的事实
And if all you said was that, you'd be fine.
你要是只说这点就好了
But you called him a sociopath.
你说他是反♥社♥会♥
He is. Sociopath is a clinical term.
他是啊 反♥社♥会♥是医学术语
How much training as a psychiatric diagnostician
你在哥伦比亚大学新闻学院
did you get at the Columbia School of Journalism?
受过多少精神病诊断的培训
Not that much. Yeah.
没那么多 对啊
So, you see, you've got to talk to me before you say things.
所以 说话前要先来问我
It was plainly not...
根本就不...
I didn't say he's a sociopath.
我没说他是反♥社♥会♥
What did you say? I said, you know...
你怎么说的 我说...
I said, "Ezra, he's a sociopath."
我说 "以斯拉 他是个反♥社♥会♥"
Yeah. Why in the world in the world
对啊 搞什么啊 他脑子进水了
would he put me down as a reference?
干嘛要把我列为推荐人
So that this would happen.
就为了这一天
Is this a joke? You making one of your funny jokes?
这是个玩笑吧 你在开玩笑
If I was joking, you'd be laughing. Are you laughing?
我若开玩笑 你一定会笑 你笑了吗
No. Then there you have it.
没 那不就得了
I just answered the phone. It's just strategy.
我不过是接了个电♥话♥ 这叫策略
They want the company to settle. How much is this gonna cost?
他们想逼公♥司♥和解 要花多少钱
Well, if you lose, $20 million.
败诉的话 两千万
If you win, only a couple of hundred thousand.
胜诉的话 只需几十万
I don't have a couple of hundred thousand.
我哪来几十万
Do you own your apartment or rent? I own it.
你的房♥是买♥♥的还是租的 买♥♥的
Second mortgage. Problem solved.
二次抵押 就行了
You are a member of a godless, soulless race of extortionists.
你们律师都是天煞无良的勒索犯
That's fair.
说的没错
Okay.
好吧
The liberal media bias is so clear
自♥由♥媒体的偏见是如此明显
that it's not worth arguing about.
我都懒得争辩
What I'd like to focus on instead...
我想讨论的是...
Hang on just a second
慢着
'cause I don't think I can let you float an allegation like that
我不能任由你信口开河
and then pretend it's so well agreed upon that it's past debate.
还装作大家都同意 无须争辩似的
The media overwhelmingly voted for and is voting for Obama.
媒体在过去和现在 都一边倒支持奥巴马
I have a hunch this isn't gonna be the last time
我猜这不会是今晚最后一次问你
I ask you this tonight, but any evidence for that?
但你有什么证据吗
Yes. A survey conducted by
有 美国新闻编辑协会的
the American Society of Newspaper Editors
一份调查显示
showed 61% stated that they were members of
61%的编辑自称为民♥主♥党成员
or shared the beliefs of the Democratic Party
或认同民♥主♥党的观念
while 15% said that their beliefs
只有15%的编辑
were best supported by the Republican Party.
认同共和党的观念
Can I raise what I think is an interesting example of something?
我能否在此举个自认为有趣的例子
Sure.
行
In a race for the Kansas State Legislature...
堪萨斯的州议会竞选中...
Oh, seriously? ...the Democrat is an antigay,
真的吗 民♥主♥党人是个反同
antiabortion train conductor. Nope.
反堕胎的列车长 错了
Pardon me. The Republican is a train conductor and gay.
抱歉 共和党人是列车长 还是同性恋
No. Guys.
又错了 各位
Somebody's a train conductor,
反正有人是列车长
somebody's gay and somebody's father is in the Klan.
有人是同性恋 有人的爸爸是3K党成员
And what's that an example of?
这算哪门子例子
Elliot?
埃利奥特
Nothing. So, Taylor, back to your point
不算 泰勒 回到你的观点
and your 15-year-old survey.
以及那份十五年前的调查
Jim. Yeah?
吉姆 什么事
They want you at the decision desk.
决策台找你
Somebody need me?
谁找我
Will called the Michigan first for Dan Benishek?
威尔判定密西根一区由丹·贝尼什克当选
If you called it, he called it.
你们判了 他就判了
We didn't call it and he called it.
我们没判 他判了
What are you talking about?
你说什么
In the scroll, you've got Michigan one going red
滚动字幕里写着密西根一区归红
and we haven't called Michigan one.
可我们还没判密西根一区
Hang on.
稍等
Maggie. Yeah?
玛姬 在
You remember a few minutes ago when my iNews was overloaded
还记得几分钟前 我的iNews过载
and I wrote down some calls on a legal pad?
我把一些判定写在纸上了
It's right here. What did I say?
在这儿呢 我怎么说的
New Hampshire one, North Carolina three,
新罕布♥什♥尔一区 北卡来罗那三区
Ohio seven, Michigan one.
俄亥俄七区 密西根一区
Can I see that?
给我看看
That's supposed to be Mississippi.
应该是密西西比
It's MI. Yeah.
写着MI呀 对啊
MI is Michigan.
MI是密西根
Martin, can you get Kathy Ling out here?
马丁 去把凯西·林找来
You have to go in there.
你得自己进去
I can't have this particular conversation in there.
这段对话不能在那屋里进行
What happened? Can you get her?
怎么了 把她找来
She's not allowed out... Blindfold her.
她不能出来... 给她蒙上眼
Just very quickly, my fault or your fault?
快速告诉我 我错了还是你错了
Assigning blame isn't the productive... Good.
谁对谁错不重要... 好极了
I meant Mississippi. That's MISS.
我指的是密西西比 那该写MISS
It certainly is. Michigan's MI.
没错 密西根是MI
That's why I gave them Michigan. MI one red.
所以我才让密西根MI归红
Come on.
这边走
Careful.
小心
So, Kathy. Yes.
凯西 怎么
Over here. We made a small mistake.
在这边 我们犯了个小错
We called Michigan when we meant Mississippi.
我们判了密西根 本该是密西西比
You have to retract it. I wonder...
你得收回 我在想...
It's not ready to call. I wonder
现在还不能判 我在想...
if maybe it's not necessary to retract.
或许不一定非要收回
It's both too close and too early to call.
票数太接近 时间也还早 判不了
You have to retract it.
必须收回
Let me ask you something just out of curiosity.
我问你个问题 只是好奇而已
What does your data say about the Michigan first?
密西根一区的数据分♥析♥结果如何
Republican incumbent... Over here.
现任共和党... 在这边
Republican incumbent... You can just take that off.
现任共和党... 摘了吧
Don't look at the monitors.
别看屏幕就行了
Dan Benishek will keep his seat.
丹·贝尼什克会保住席位
You're confident of that? Yes.
你有把握吗 有
Scale of one to 10. 10.
从零到十 十成
Well, then, you know, we called it.
那就是了 我们判了
Are you kidding? You're confident he's going to win?
你开什么玩笑 你有把握他会赢
剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表