剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表
everybody Sweeney's not our only witness.
斯维尼不是我们唯一的证人
We've got Stomtonovich and Valenzuela.
我们还有斯托姆托洛维奇和巴伦苏埃拉
Two more witnesses,
还有两个证人
only 50% of whom are recanting what they said.
只有一半的人要撤回之前说的话
Stomtonovich can recant all he wants.
斯托姆托洛维奇可以撤回任何话
We have the unedited tape and Jerry and Maggie were there.
我们有未编辑的带子 杰利和玛姬当时也在
For the record, I wasn't.
声明一下 我当时不在
Wasn't what?
什么不在
I was sent out of the room before the interview started.
采访开始前我就不在屋子里了
Good. Let's get it all out now. Why?
好 有话都说出来 为什么
You and Charlie told him it was going to be Jerry.
你和查理告诉他是杰利做采访
You didn't tell him an AP was coming along.
你没说一位助理制片人也一起去了
He had had me investigated, but not Maggie,
他调查了我 但没调查玛姬
so he didn't feel comfortable--
所以他觉得不舒服...
You were the only one in the room with him? Yeah, I was.
只有你和他一起在屋里吗 对
And I see what's happening here. Nothing's happening.
我知道发生了什么事 什么都没发生
Can I bring something else up?
我能提点别的事吗
We aired the story 27 hours ago, so, yeah, now's the time.
我们27小时前播的报道 现在是时候了
We aborted the interview with Sweeney tonight.
我们撤销了今晚和斯维尼的访谈
I did. Uh, I did.
我撤销了 不对 是我
Should you have? I don't know.
你本该撤销吗 我不知道
I was suddenly in a position where I was asking questions
我突然发现我问关于我们报道的问题
I didn't know the answers to about our own story.
却不知答案会是如何
If it hadn't been our own story, wouldn't you have kept going?
如果不是我们自己的报道 你会继续问下去吗
"Did you disclose that to the Genoa producers?
比如"你告知热那亚制♥作♥人了吗
No? You lied? How has a
没有吗 你在撒谎吗
TBI for which you received a Purple Heart--"
那个为你挣来一枚紫星勋章的创伤性脑损伤...
Yes, he would have kept going. I shut him down.
是 本来他会问下去的 我让他停下来了
It was live. That doesn't make us look great.
当时是现场直播 这让我们很不好看
Looking great wasn't one of their options right then.
当时的情况由不得什么好看
Everybody knock it off!
你们都消停下
Sister Mary Mother of God.
我的个老天爷
We have a problem. That's all it is.
我们遇到了问题 就是这样
We're not gonna have a fucking scrum.
别在来个窝里斗
What do we have? What?
我们现在知道些什么 知道些什么
A retired Marine general
一名退休的海军陆战队中将
started getting calls from his buddies.
最近接到同事打来的电♥话♥
"What the hell is going on?"
"妈的出了什么事"
His voice was altered. His face was blacked.
他变声了 遮住了脸
There are six people who have the information he has
有六个人知道他所知道的信息
and generals don't have dumb friends.
而中将的朋友都不蠢
What else?
还有呢
A witness who once had a concussion.
有名证人头部受过冲击
While saving other people's lives. Thank you.
那是为了救别人的命 谢谢
That's not Jim, while being courageous.
那不是 吉姆 他那是勇气可嘉
And he was courageous again stepping forward.
而且他此次站出来也是勇气可嘉
Kids used to lie about their age
小孩曾经对自己的年龄撒谎
to get in the Army and fight in a war.
好加入部队 上战场打仗
That's what Sweeney did here.
斯维尼在这里就是这么做的
How much of what you're saying do you believe right now?
你现在说的这些 你相信多少
60%.
60%
I thought it was in the mid-80s.
我还以为是85%上下
You pulled it off. Experience.
你搞定了 那是经验
You need to talk to Deep Throat.
你得和深喉聊聊
I'm on the first shuttle to Washington.
我坐第一班车去华盛顿
Have you talked to him on the phone? We don't talk on phones.
你跟他通过电♥话♥了吗 我们不用电♥话♥
How about your guy? We talk on phones.
那你的线人呢 我们通过电♥话♥
He's asking have you talked to your guy?
他在问 你和你的线人聊过吗
An hour ago. And?
一小时以前 然后呢
He says stand by the story.
他说他支持我们的报道
We go back over every inch starting right now.
我们现在重新检查每一份证据
By 8:00 tonight,
到今晚八点前
I want Will to be able to say we stand by it.
我希望威尔可以说我们支持之前的报道
And when he says it, we stand by it.
而且我想让他说的有理有据
Break 'em into teams.
分组吧
Had you realized yet at the time of that meeting
那场会议的时候 你有没有意识到
that Sweeney and Stomtonovich weren't your only problem?
斯维尼和斯托姆托洛维奇 不是你们唯一的问题
Who says they weren't our only problem?
谁说他们不是唯一的问题了
Right. That was an example of a leading question.
好吧 那是典型的诱导性提问
A leading question suggests its own answer.
诱导性提问会暗示其答案
When did you stop beating your wife, right?
你什么时候停止殴打你妻子的 对吧
We never established I beat my wife.
我们从没建立我殴打我妻子这一前提
We never established you're married.
也从没建立你结婚了的前提
I'm not. Yeah.
我没有 我知道
I'm not following you, Rebecca.
我没懂 丽贝卡
MacKenzie had realized at the time of the meeting
麦肯兹在开会的时候意识到了
that Sweeney and Stomtonovich There's no way.
斯维尼和斯托姆托洛维奇...不可能
There's no way. Jim, listen to me.
不可能 吉姆 听我说
There's no way Mac's to blame for this.
绝对不可能麦肯要为这事负责
Valenzuela was your third witness.
巴伦苏埃拉是你们的第三个证人
I have seen lawyers do some things in my life. Jesus.
我也不是没和律师打过交道 老天
Just listen.
听着就是
First red team, you have Sweeney, you don't go to air.
第一次红队 你找到了斯维尼 没有上新闻
Red team two, you have
第二次红队 你找到了
Sweeney and Stomtonovich, you don't go to air.
斯维尼和斯托姆托洛维奇 没有上新闻
Red team three, you have Valenzuela now
第三次红队 你现在找到巴伦苏埃拉了
and Charlie green-lights it.
然后查理同意了
Valenzuela was an important witness.
巴伦苏埃拉是一名重要的证人
Yeah.
是的
And?
然后呢
What if I led him?
如果我诱导他了呢
Valenzuela? In his preinterview.
巴伦苏埃拉吗 在他的预先访谈里
I've read the preinterview transcript 100 times.
预先访谈的稿子我读了不下100遍
I read it 1,000 times, but I've just read it again
我读了不下1000遍 刚刚又读了一次
and I have to wonder if I inadvertently led on that witness.
我在想 是不是不经意间诱导了证人
You didn't. I can make the case that I did.
你没有 也可以承认我这么做了
Look at what's good on the story.
看看报道好的一面吧
Stomtonovich, he didn't like the report.
斯托姆托洛维奇不喜欢这份报道
Sorry, but we've got him on film.
抱歉 但我们把他录下来了
Sweeney, he wants to be heard
斯维尼他想让人听他说
and he thinks he'll be discounted 'cause of the TBI, so he lies.
但认为自己会因脑损伤不受重视 所以撒谎
And by the way, if I had a traumatic brain injury
顺便说一句 如果我有创伤性脑损伤
and knew that information couldn't be discovered
并且知道 如果我不主动说
unless I volunteered it, I wouldn't volunteer it.
就没人知道 我是不会主动说的
I have a source. Is it POTUS? No. It's better.
我有线人 是总统吗 不 比总统好
What would it take for you to tell me the source?
得付出什么代价才能让你告诉我线人是谁
Someone would have to be torturing you.
有人得对你严刑拷打了
That's sweet, but--
谢谢 但...
Charlie has a source. You trust Charlie?
查理有线索 你信任查理吗
Of course. And we have Valenzuela.
当然 我们还找到了巴伦苏埃拉
There is much more about this story that's good--
关于这个报道好的方面还有很多
And I'm saying what if I led Valenzuela?
如果我说我诱导了巴伦苏埃拉呢
I objected to that in courtrooms for years.
我多年来都在庭审中反对这点
I know what a leading question sounds like.
我知道诱导性问题是什么样
Then you know I asked them.
那你知道我问了他们
You have to ask them in these situations.
你不得不在这样的情形下问他们
The guy-- he was reluctant.
那个人...他很不情愿
He didn't want to talk.
他不想说
Read the first line on page three.
读一读第三页第一行
We have a three-star general
我们认识一名三星中将
who's an expert in chemical weapons."
他在化学武器上是行家
We have a three-star general who's an expert in chemical weapons.
我们认识一名三星中将 他在化学武器上是行家
Do you think he's lying?
你觉得他在撒谎吗
There was a video camera on a tripod to record the pre--
三脚架上架着台摄像机录着预先...
what if he thought the camera--
要是他以为摄像机...
what if he thought the interview might get--
要是他以为采访会...
you know, and he doesn't want to call a general a liar?
而他不想公开管中将叫骗子呢
That's nuts. It's not.
一派胡言 不是的
He came to us. He didn't want Sweeney to stand alone.
他来找的我们 他不想让斯维尼孤军作战
And if Sweeney's wrong,
如果斯维尼错了
剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表