剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表
My name is Rebecca Halliday.
我叫丽贝卡·哈里戴
I'm a litigator at Lowell Tiller.
我是罗威尔·提勒事务所的律师
This is my deputy, Ross Kessler,
这几位是我的副手 罗斯·凯斯勒
along with Ken Weinraub and Mark Gage.
还有肯·温劳勃和马克·盖吉
Our firm has been hired by your employer, Atlantis World Media,
事务所受雇于贵公♥司♥亚特兰蒂斯世界传媒
to represent them in a multimillion dollar wrongful termination suit.
代理一场涉及几百万索赔的非法解雇诉讼
This is not a formal proceeding. You are not under oath.
这并非正规程序 你没有宣誓说真话
Your statements, however, will be recorded
但你的陈词会被记录下来
and a full report along with part or all of your statements
但一份记录你部分或所有陈词的完整报告
may be turned over to the plaintiff as discovery.
可能会作为发现交给原告方
Do you understand? Yes.
你明白吗 明白
This is gonna be simple.
这很简单的
Your testimony revolves around two words.
你的证词围绕四个字
It happened. It happened.
确有其事 确有其事
The general didn't say that. Okay.
将军没那么说 好吧
And even if he had, he never said it on the tape.
就算他说过 他也没录下来
Whoa, whoa, whoa there, little onion.
别急啊 小辣椒
Okay.
好吧
Let me start with a really tough question
我先问你一个很刁钻的问题
and I want you to take your time and think about it.
你一定要冷静下来好好想
Are you ready? Yeah.
准备好了吗 是的
What's your name? I'm sorry?
你叫什么 什么
These guys need your full name, address,
这几位要正式记录下你的全名
and occupation for the records.
地址和职业
Margaret Claire Jordan.
玛格丽特·克莱尔·乔丹
344 East 75th Street, New York, New York.
纽约州 纽约市 75街东344号♥
I'm an associate producer with ACN, Atlantis Cable News.
我是ACN亚特兰蒂斯有线新闻的助理制片人
Do you like the East Side? Yeah.
你喜欢东区吗 嗯
I don't know. I always thought the best thing about it
我不怎么喜欢 我觉得东区唯一的好处
was you got to look at the West Side.
就是能眺望西区
I'm on the third floor.
我住在三楼
My window faces another window.
我的窗户对着别人家的窗户
I just got shown a place on 5th Avenue.
我刚去看过第五大道的一套房♥子
High floor, wraparound terrace.
高层 全景阳台
It was listed at 17 million,
卖♥♥价1700万
but the broker thinks it's gonna go as low as 14.5.
但房♥产中介觉得会跌到145万
They're very motivated.
他们很积极
I looked at the same place, but I need a bigger ballroom.
我也去看过那里 但我嫌舞厅不够大
On March 22 of this year,
今年3月22日
you and Jerry Dantana conducted an interview
你和杰利·丹塔纳采访了
with General Stanislaus Stomtonovich.
斯坦尼斯洛斯·斯托姆托洛维奇将军
Am I pronouncing the name correctly? Yes.
我念的对吗 对
Those Dutch don't make it easy, do they? It's Polish.
荷兰人可真烦人 是吧 是波兰名字
I know, but I just have a thing about the Dutch.
我知道 可我就是不爽荷兰人
The interview was conducted at his home
采访是在他家中进行的
in Silver Spring, Maryland? Yes.
地点是马里兰州的银泉 对
Every four years, we give these guys a gold medal in flukentot
每四年 我们都发给他们一块flukentot的金牌
when they grew up having to flukentot to school.
他们长大了得flukentot去学校了
Who? The Dutch.
谁 荷兰人
I'm Dutch. Well, then fuck you.
我就是荷兰裔的 那去你的吧
Look, it's not like I don't know what this is gonna be about
听着 我了解这是怎么回事
and I also understand the strategy
而且我也懂你的策略
of trying to rattle someone before an interview.
在采访之前搅乱对方的心绪
That's not what I'm doing.
我没有这个意思
I'm trying to see if you laugh anymore.
我想知道你是不是还会笑
I make these guys laugh all the time.
我总是逗他们笑
Don't I?
是不是
I crack these guys up.
我能让他们乐爆了
I am known as a funny lawyer. You should check me out.
我是出了名的幽默律师 你该去查查我
I have checked you out, Rebecca,
我查过了 丽贝卡
and you don't handle wrongful termination suits.
你不处理非法解雇的诉讼
You're a First Amendment lawyer. I am.
你专攻第一修正案[新闻出版自♥由♥] 没错
And I haven't read the other ones yet, but they're on the list.
我还没看其他的修正案 有时间会看的
Well, I'd like to once and for all
我想一次把话说明白了
abudiate the notion that I am messed up.
我的确心里很乱
Once and for all. I understand.
不要再提了 我理解
Thank you. But I'm gonna challenge you on abudiate.
谢谢 但我要试试你有多确定
Yeah, there's no such word. Then why'd you use it?
那不是一个词 那你还说
Because I am funny, too.
因为我也挺幽默
We are going to expel or dismiss or expunge
我们要把我受了创伤的事
the notion that I am damaged.
彻底抛开
I'm hardly the only person in my newsroom who's ever seen a dead guy.
我又不是我们新闻编辑室里唯一见过死人的
And that part of this case would be hanging on my--
而这件案子将部分取决于我的...
I don't know what to call it. State of mind.
我不知道该怎么说 精神状态
Seriously, that part of this case would be hanging on my state of mind
说真的 这案子将部分取决于我的精神状态
six months later, by the way, when we interviewed Stomtonovich...
都过去六个月了 对斯托姆托洛维奇的采访
Dutch son of a bitch. ...is insane.
荷兰混♥蛋♥ 不可思议
I'm not kidding. I know.
我没开玩笑 我知道
I'm here to help you abudiate.
我就是来帮你确定的
That's what we're doing this morning. Okay.
我们今早就是来干这个的 好吧
So you're gonna have to tell me about Africa.
你得告诉我在非洲发生的事
The fact that you're even asking implies that it's relevant.
你既然要问那么这事就是有关系
The fact that it's in Jerry Dantana's affidavit implies it is relevant.
这件事既然在杰利·丹塔纳的宣誓书里那么它就有关系
He says that you were on prescription medications
他说你从非洲回来后
when you came back from Africa,
你在服用处方药
probably a series of SSRIs,
可能是SSRI
serotonin reuptake inhibitors. I wasn't.
血清素再吸收抑制剂 我没有
And that you're in no position
而且你完全不能作证
to say whether Stomtonovich said... It happened.
说斯托姆托洛维奇有没有说... 确有其事
...it happened. He didn't say it.
那是否真有其事 他没说
What I would do if I were them is I would put you in front of a jury
如果我是他们 我一定让你出庭作证
and I would make you tell the Africa story
逼你讲出在非洲发生的事
and I would be good and sure that you broke down while you were telling it.
并且保证让你故事讲到一半就崩溃
They're free to try.
让他们放马过来吧
Well, I'd like to get a first look at how it's gonna go.
可我想先看看会是什么情况
Gary Cooper and I flew to Uganda.
格雷·库柏和我飞去了乌干达
Is his name really Gary Cooper?
他真的叫格雷·库柏吗[同美老影星]
Yes.
是的
Oh, I laugh every time I read that.
我每次读到都想笑
I can't wait to meet him.
我等不及会会他了
Why did you fly to Uganda?
你为什么要去乌干达
I pitched a story about the hundred US combat troops
我要写一篇报道 关于几百名美军士兵
that were sent to hunt for Joseph Kony,
被派去找约瑟夫·科尼
who's the leader of the Lord's Resistance Army.
他是圣主抵抗军领袖
In exchange for access to Camp Kasenyi,
为了能进入卡塞尼营地
which is our forward operating base out of Kampala,
那里有我们坎帕拉的前线工作基地
the Pentagon's Public Affairs people wanted us to shoot some film
我们受五角大楼公共事务部委托拍摄
of soldiers building an addition onto an orphanage.
士兵增建一所孤儿院的影片
That's a sad project when you think about it.
仔细想想真是令人伤心的工程
Yeah, I could fall apart any second.
是啊 我随时都会伤心欲绝
I wasn't baiting you.
我没引你啊
When did you and Gary leave?
你和格雷什么时候走的
A year ago September. The night of September 30.
一年前九月 9月30日晚
How do you get to Uganda?
你们怎么去乌干达的
Practice.
按照惯例
You fly to Dubai and get a connecting flight to Entebbe.
飞抵迪拜 转机恩德培
We left straight from the newsroom right before--
我们直接从新闻编辑室出发的 就在...
right before-- God,
就在...天呐
right before Will
就在威尔
just murderlized this woman from OWS.
"干掉"了占领华尔街的一个女人之后
Gary and I watched it in the cab.
我和格雷在车上看到了
The new Fox News poll has the former Massachusetts governor
福克斯新闻的新民调显示前马萨诸塞州长
back in the lead with 23% of Republicans,
在共和党选举中以23%夺回领先地位
followed by Rick Perry with 19%
紧随其后是里克·佩里 19%
and 17% for Herman Cain,
赫尔曼·凯恩是17%
reflecting a big boost for the former Godfather's Pizza CEO.
前教父披萨CEO有大幅提升
On the other side of the break,
广♥告♥之后
I'll have one of the early organizers
我将请来占领华尔街运动的
of the Occupy Wall Street movement.
最早发起者之一
We'll be right back. Three minutes back.
马上回来 三分钟
剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表