剧集 | 使女的故事 | 导航列表
他叫弗莱德
His name is Fred.
弗莱德
Fred.
劳伦斯把他的未来全都押在新伯利恒上了
Lawrence has completely tied his future to New Bethlehem.
还有你的未来
And yours.
我想他会说是基列国的未来
I think he'd say Gilead's future.
你知道为什么我们自称"雅各的子孙"吗
Do you know why we call ourselves "Sons of Jacob"?
雅各 又称以色列 是以撒的幼子 犹太人的祖先
因为太多人没有真正的父亲 只能独自摸索前进
It's because too many of us had to make do without real fathers.
我知道令堂已经尽己所能
And I know your mother tried her best,
但她要离家工作 对吧
but she had to work outside the home, didn't she?
她喜欢她的工作
Well, she liked her job.
她当然喜欢
I'm sure she did.
没有哪个母亲会在餐馆后厨
No mother would choose to cook at a diner
和自家厨房♥之间选择前者
instead of for her own family at home.
我知道令尊是个很难相处的人
I know your father was a difficult man.
相当体面的说法
That's, uh... That's one way of putting it.
曾经是沃特弗德
Waterford.
如今是劳伦斯
Now, Lawrence.
你让这些男性尊长走入你的人生 成为你的向导
You've let these men come into your life and guide you.
我从未混淆过
Look, I've never been confused
他们在我人生中扮演的角色
about the roles they played in my life.
嗯...
Well...
你也快做父亲了
You'll be a father soon.
你会为自己的儿子树立榜样
And you'll set the standard for your son.
记住
And remember,
每一次做选择的时候
every choice you make,
问问自己在给儿子树立何种榜样
ask yourself what kind of example you're setting for him.
他会做何感想
How's he gonna feel?
这对他有益还是有害
Will this help him or hurt him?
好好抉择 孩子
Make good choices, son.
这就是你需要做的
That's all you have to do.
你潜力无穷
You have so much potential.
您拨♥打♥的电♥话♥暂时无法接通
The person you are trying to reach is not available.
请在提示音后留言
Please leave a message after the tone.
嘿 亲爱的 是我 嗯
Hey, honey, it's me. Um...
我给你打过好几次电♥话♥了
I've tried you a few times.
我开始担心了
I'm starting to get worried.
所以
So...
你还好吗
Are you all right?
我只是想知道你的听证会是不是已经开过了
Uh, just wondering if you had your hearing.
我想可能是 但...
Thought maybe it'd happened but, um...
请快点 女士
Come on, lady.
好的
Okay.
你能不能
Look, can you please just...
下次尽量接个电♥话♥ 好吗
Just try to pick up next time, all right?
因为打电♥话♥很难 我会一直打的 但...
Because it's really hard to call and I'm gonna keep trying, but...
好吧
Okay.
老天啊 我只希望平安
God, I just hope you're okay.
我们想你
We miss you.
我爱你
I love you.
瞧你专注的样子
Look at you.
上帝把你带来我们身边 真是幸事啊 瑞秋
We're lucky God brought you here to us, Rachel.
你知道我不叫瑞秋
You know my name isn't Rachel.
沃特弗德太太
Mrs. Waterford.
两个月前刚见面时我就知道了
I knew when I met you two months ago.
我读过你的书
I read your book.
不论如何 我都欢迎你
And I welcomed you here anyway.
噢
Oh.
我知道人们怎么看我做的那些事
I know what people think of the things that I've done.
你如何看待你做的那些事
What do you think of the things you've done?
我想为上帝的荣耀奉献自己
I wanted to serve the glory of God.
只是这样吗
Was that all?
可惜事与愿违
Well, it didn't go as planned.
形势急转直下
It went wrong.
情况失控了
All by itself.
是我错了
I was wrong.
那就亲手修正它
So, set it right.
你知道祂在看
You know He's watching.
我希望能有更多时间帮你打理玫瑰
I wish I had more time to tend to your roses, but...
可我真的太忙了
I've just been so busy.
有大事要发生了 爸爸
Something big is about to happen, Dad.
我们将改变这个国家
We're about to change the country.
我们终于能践行上帝的圣言
We're finally living up to God's Word, and...
整个世界将成为新的伊甸园
and the whole world is going to become a new Garden of Eden.
就像你一直想要的那样
Just like you always wanted.
你还真是音信全无
You don't write. You don't call.
祈神保佑 约瑟夫
Blessed day, Joseph.
祈神保佑 赛丽娜
Blessed day, Serena.
内奥米
Naomi?
现在是劳伦斯太太了
Mrs. Lawrence.
这里不是基列国 大主教
This isn't Gilead, Commander.
您这是擅闯他人领地
You're trespassing.
我们并无恶意
We come in peace.
只需叨扰片刻
Just need a little of your time.
所以 现在有劳伦斯太太了
So... Mrs. Lawrence.
是啊 帕特南不幸离世了
Yeah, Putnam came to an unfortunate end.
我倒并不惊讶
I can't say that I'm surprised.
很惬意啊
Well, this is cute.
这里只有女人吗
It's only women?
这是一个互帮互助 侍奉上帝的社区
It's a community that supports each other and serves God.
男人总把事情弄得一团糟
Men make a mess of things.
你快无聊死了吧
You're bored outta your mind.
我希望你能来新伯利恒
I need you in New Bethlehem.
我需要赛丽娜·乔伊·沃特弗德
I need Serena Joy Waterford.
你说过像我这样的女人在基列国没有立足之地
You told me there was no place for a woman like me in Gilead.
要是你知道我错了 应该会很开心
You'll be happy to know it turns out that I was wrong.
新伯利恒不是你记忆中的基列国
New Bethlehem is not the Gilead you remember.
它更友善温和
It's kinder, gentler.
它是理想中的基列国
It's what Gilead could have been.
是在你的协助下能到达的理想乡
It's what it could become with your help.
你会成为进步的代言人
And you would be the face of progress.
改革即将展开
Reform.
我能拍摄更多宣传照了
More photo ops?
拜托 赛丽娜
Come on, Serena.
你很清楚 我知道你远不只是个花瓶
You know that I know that you're much more than a pretty face.
你不是摆设 你会拥有真正的话语权
No, you'd have real influence.
我保证你能独♥立♥自主
I promise you. Independence.
我是个带孩子的女人
As a woman with a child,
你知道我会被强制再婚
you know that I would be forced to remarry.
在新伯利恒 女人们可以独♥立♥生活
Women can live on their own in New Bethlehem.
她们能阅读 写作 经商
They can read, write, do business.
原来女人能做好多事 真是令人惊讶
Turns out it's crazy what women are capable of.
是吗
Hmm.
我不确定 我在这里能感觉到上帝
I don't know. I feel God here.
在那里就感受不到了吗
Well, can't you feel him there?
我还以为上帝无处不在 如果不在就把祂带去呗
I thought God was everywhere. If not, bring him along.
做其他人的明灯
Show other people the way.
这不就是你的理想和使命吗 赛丽娜
Isn't that your true purpose, Serena? Isn't that your calling?
眼目知道你们在哪
The Eyes know where you are.
惠勒夫妇迟早也会知道
It's only a matter of time before the Wheelers do too.
慢着
Hold on.
你昨天和前天都来过了
You were here yesterday and the day before.
我打不通 好吗 情况紧急
I couldn't get through, okay? It's an emergency.
大家都情况紧急 排队等吧
Yeah. They're all emergencies. Wait in line.
拜托了 这是最后一次 我保证
Come on. It's the last time. Promise.
快接 快接 快接
Come on, come on, come on.
马克 我是琼
Mark. It's June.
我给你打电♥话♥是因为
I'm calling 'cause...
你说
Mm-hmm.
你说五月天 - 是啊
Mayday? - Yeah.
他们自愿加入了
剧集 | 使女的故事 | 导航列表