剧集 | 科米的规则(2020) | 导航列表
It might very well be unfair
这对克♥林♥顿♥国务卿可能很不公平
to Secretary Clinton in terms of due process.
我们不会公开表态
We wouldn't be publicly commenting on it.
我们会通知国会 发函给
We'd be notifying Congress. A letter to the chairs
众议院和参议院
of the eight appropriate committees
-八个相应的委员会 -我理解 但...
- in the House and Senate. - I understand, but...
但选举近在眉睫
But this close to an election,
消息一定会泄露
that will almost certainly leak,
所以通知国会
so notifying Congress
等同于通知公众
is tantamount to notifying the public.
所以我们应该隐瞒消息 以不作为来欺骗吗
So we should conceal it? Lie by omission?
那如果我们公布了却一无所获呢
Well, what if we announce and then don't find anything?
如果我们不公布却发现了犯罪意图呢
What if we don't announce and then find criminal intent?
就算我们隐瞒了
Even if we did conceal it,
纽约办事处还是会走漏风声
NYO would leak it anyway.
我们会显得既阴暗又无能
We'd look sneaky and ineffective.
-不一定啊 -他们当然会泄露出去
- We don't know that. - Of course they'd leak it.
那地方就是个大喇叭
That place is a sieve.
再说他们讨厌克♥林♥顿♥国务卿 不出五分钟
And they hate Secretary Clinton. In five minutes,
鲁迪·朱利安尼就会在福克斯新闻频道嚷嚷了
Rudy Giuliani would be screaming it on Fox News.
他是前检察官 还是前联邦检察官
He's a former prosecutor and a former U.S.A.
-所以呢 -所以他明事理
- So? - So he knows better.
笑死人了
Well, that's hysterical.
整个竞选活动对他来说就是场面试
This whole campaign is a job audition for him.
纽约南区法♥院♥当年怎么说他来着 头儿
What was the saying at SDNY, boss, about him back in the day?
"世界上最危险的地方
"The most dangerous place to stand in the world
就是鲁迪·朱利安尼和麦克风之间"
is between Rudy Giuliani and a microphone."
没错
Right.
一小时
One hour.
想法呢
Thoughts?
我担心的是如果我们什么都没说
My fear is how partisan we'll look
但是消息走漏 会显得我们有党派倾向
if word gets out and we've said nothing.
说了会更糟
Saying something would be worse.
何况我们无法肯定纽约办事处
And we don't know, categorically,
-绝对会泄露 -韦纳的律师也可能泄露
- that NYO will leak it. - Weiner's lawyers could leak it.
司法部也可能泄露 消息管得不严
DOJ could leak it. It's not close-hold.
这也是我的担忧 如果我们不公布
That's my fear, too. We don't announce,
选举前三天 消息泄露出去
and three days before the election, word leaks.
"联调局重启了对希拉里·克♥林♥顿♥的调查
"The FBI has reopened the investigation on Hillary Clinton,
却没告诉任何人"
not told anyone about it."
那会把这个机构的可信度置于何地
Where does that put the credibility of this institution?
另一种情况
Another scenario.
希拉里刚刚当选
Hillary's just been elected.
共和党控制的众议院就起草弹劾法案
A Republican-controlled House is drafting bills of impeachment
而她甚至还未宣誓就职
before she's even sworn in.
现在想想假如我们发现罪证
Now imagine we find something incriminating.
我们把这些发现递呈到众议院司法委员会
We present those findings to House Judiciary.
他们问我们最初发现这些邮件是什么时候
They ask us when we first found these e-mails,
而我们必须说是在
and we'll be obliged to say that we learned of them
选举前一个月获知的
a month before the election.
全世界都会认定
And the world will conclude
我们有意向美国公众隐瞒
that we actively concealed this from the American public
借此左右选举
in order to tip the election.
那会把这个机构的可信度置于何地
Where does that leave the credibility of this institution?
这个时间点你发出的任何信函
Any letter that you put out at this juncture
都会被民众解读为
is going to be interpreted by the public
我们发现了证明不法行为的新证据
to mean that we've found new evidence of wrongdoing.
如果我不将此事告知国会
If I don't inform Congress on this,
我就该被除职 被扫地出门
I should be fired. Run out of town.
但是头儿 如果我们这么做
But, boss, what if our doing this
导致唐纳德·特朗普当选总统呢
results in the election of Donald Trump as president?
这是个好问题 谢谢你提出来
That's a great question. Thank you for asking it.
顺着这个想法考虑下去 联调局这支
Down that road lies the death of the FBI
美国生活中的独♥立♥力量将会消亡
as an independent force in American life.
如果我开始考虑一个决定
If I ever start considering whose political fortunes
会影响到谁的政♥治♥命运 哪怕只考虑一秒钟
might be affected by a decision even for a second,
我们就完了
we're done.
你还是不认同吗
You still disagree?
我知道您认为应该说出真♥相♥
I know you believe in telling the truth.
我也这么认为
I do, too.
但真♥相♥有许多版本
But there are all kinds of truths out there.
譬如 我们也在调查
We're also, for example, investigating the possibility
特朗普竞选团队与俄♥罗♥斯♥勾结的可能性
that Trump's campaign is in bed with Russia.
但这只是情报
But that's intel.
但这也是一种真♥相♥
But it's a truth.
掩盖一个真♥相♥ 而对外公布另一个
And concealing one truth and publicly announcing another
是选择性的诚实
is selective honesty.
不是吗
Isn't it?
特丽莎 我已经告诉国会和全国民众
Trisha, I told Congress and the country
这个案子结案了
that this case was closed.
如果这变成一句谎言
If that's revealed to be a lie,
他们以后还怎么信任我们
how would they ever believe us again?
头儿
Hey, boss?
之后 我想他多少会对
A-And then, I think he's got
彭博民调显示 特朗普在佛罗里达州的支持率领先百分之二
过几天爆出来的新闻
a surprise or two that you're gonna hear about
-感到惊讶的 -好的 鲁迪...
- in the next two days. - Right. Rudy...
我是说 我的意思是
I-I mean, I mean, I'm talking about
他会大吃一惊的
some pretty big surprise.
稍后继续
Stay tuned.
-他会泄露消息的 -可能已经泄露了
- He's gonna leak it. - If he hasn't already.
搞不好真是这样
That's likely true.
你们刚刚还在建议他别公布
A second ago you were telling him not to do this.
我是想找一条
I'm trying to find some door
不会直通地狱的出路
other than the one that leads to hell.
依我之见 我们如今只有两个选择
As I see it, we only have two options here:
说出真♥相♥ 或是隐瞒
speak or conceal.
第一个的后果会很糟糕 另一个则会是灾难性的
One is really bad, the other catastrophic.
没错
That's right.
我们选很糟糕的后果
Welcome to really bad.
这是讨论 还是他已经做出了决定
Is this a conversation or a decision he's already made?
官方说法是 "局长认为
The official line is "The director believes
大选前12天
他有责任向
he has a duty to inform
相应的国会委员会汇报"
the appropriate congressional committees."
不算是"我自己能搞定" 但也差不多
That's not quite "I alone can fix it," but it's close.
我觉得他打算公开
And to me, that means he's going to do it.
除非您命令他不许说
Unless you order him not to.
然后他还是会不顾一切说出来
And then he does it anyway,
让我们不得不开除他
and we have to fire him.
或者他主动请辞 然后大家发现背后的原因
Or he resigns and people find out why.
又或者邮件的内容被泄露 大家发现
Or the contents of the letter are leaked and we've exposed
我们阻挠了国会调查
ourselves to an obstruction of Congress investigation
阻止他修正错误的印象
for preventing him from correcting a misimpression.
但您是他的上司
But you're his boss.
您能命令他辞职 然后在必要时
You can order him to stand down and deal with the consequences
应对这些后果
if and when they come.
洛蕾塔 他受到了抨击
Loretta, he's taking a beat here.
我觉得他是给了我们介入的机会
To me, that means he's giving us the option to step in
来为他做决定
and make the decision for him.
不能让人觉得我们在逼迫他
We cannot be perceived to be leaning on him.
说服他不说出真♥相♥的最好方式
The best way to convince him not to do it is to convince
是说服他身边的人去阻止他
the people close to him to stop him from doing it.
你们同意吗
You agree?
我认为规范和政策很重要
I think norms and policies matter.
而我认为科米局长觉得
And I think Director Comey believes
他自己的道德标准如今胜过了
that his own ethics are now worth more
一直以来引导我们的规范
than the norms that have always steered us.
您想找他来谈谈吗
You want to bring him in?
告诉科米局长 我们不认为这是个好主意
Tell Director Comey we think this is a bad idea...
-好的 -但我们不想
- Yes. - ...but we do not wish
和他讨论这件事
剧集 | 科米的规则(2020) | 导航列表