剧集 | 塞勒姆(2014) | 导航列表
and now I see it to be true
现在看来更明显了
that we have been wrong.
我们错了
Cotton.
柯顿
That in our zeal to rid satan from our midst,
我们群情激昂铲除族中的撒旦
we are instead killing innocents.
实则是在以此滥杀无辜
Do not presume to instruct me.
别指手画脚
We are doing the devil's work for him!
我们在协助恶魔为害世间
And my life's work is a mistake?
那我毕生心血竟是大错吗
Respectfully... yes.
无意冒犯 是的
Stand aside.
让开
Please, father, I beg you -- spare her.
求你了 父亲 饶恕她
Get out of my way.
让开
Listen to me!
听我说
I have.
听到了
And I will no longer let you act the fool.
我绝不许你再愚蠢行事
You are sure it is I who acts the fool?
你确定愚蠢行事的是我吗
Cotton.
柯顿
Take her to the cage.
关她进笼
Cotton. Cotton!
柯顿 柯顿
No.
别
Cotton!
柯顿
Cotton!
柯顿
Oh, lord. What is it, Mr. Sibley?
上帝啊 怎么了 西布里先生
Try to breathe, Mr. Sibley. That's it.
呼吸就好 西布里先生
Slow breath, Mr. Sibley.
慢慢呼吸 西布里先生
That's right.
对
That's it, nice and easy.
对 慢慢地
No!
不要
Father!
父亲
Father, you have no evidence.
父亲 你无凭无据
Nonsense. I have the word of an admitted witch.
一派胡言 已有巫师公然指认了
A woman who practices the devil's craft?
一个习练巫术的女人
You trust her to finger others?
你竟相信她的指认
Tell me...
告诉我
do all accusations stir such passions in you?
所有的指责都会让你如此激愤吗
Or is there something unique about the whore's case?
还是这个妓♥女♥对你别有意义
I know these people.
我了解这里的人
I have lived among them.
我们一起生活
Miss Embry is no tool of satan.
安布里小姐绝非撒旦信众
And if she were to be examined for the devil's marks?
若她面对恶魔印记的检验会如何
An examination?
检验
I'm confident...
我相信
no, I am certain...that you would find nothing.
不 我确信您会无功而返
In fact, yes, I would encourage you to settle the issue
说实话 我希望您一鼓作气
and conduct the exam at once.
即刻进行验证
Me?
我
No.
不
No, I will leave that to you.
不 我交给你了
You will examine the accused.
由你来验证她是否清白
Captain.
上尉
John!
约翰
That wasn't the reaction I was expecting.
这可不是我期待的反应
Nor the greeting I was.
彼此彼此
The other night...
那晚
what we said... what we did.
我们所说之话 所做之事
What, do you regret it?
如何 你后悔了吗
No.
不
My only regret is that it can never happen again.
我只后悔那是昙花一现
I'm a married woman, John.
我是有夫之妇 约翰
With a very sick husband.
丈夫已将油尽灯枯
Mr. Sibley would never do me the favor of dying.
西布里先生绝不会如我愿辞世的
We both know that.
我们都明白
He was taken to hospital.
他被带去了医院
From where he will surely return...
也会痊愈归来
as alive and married as ever.
生龙活虎犹如从前
Is that the reason?
就因为这个吗
Sibley?
西布里
Nothing else?
仅此而已吗
Not a fear?
不是因为害怕
Or a secret that you think I couldn't accept?
或是什么你觉得我接受不了的秘密
Because there is no one in Salem
塞勒姆没有人
unburdened by their past...
能对他们的过去全然无愧
Not even me.
就连我也不行
I'm sorry, John.
抱歉 约翰
I hope you can understand.
希望你能明白
Father, please.
父亲 求你了
Proceed.
开始
No marks.
没有印记
Turn her.
把她翻过来
Nothing.
没有
Raise her smock.
罩衫掀起来
Still nothing.
还是没有
The upper torso.
还有上半身
Father...
父亲
The upper torso.
上半身
Wait.
等等
So, you see, as I assured you,
你看到了 就像我说的
She bears no signs of a devil's agent,
她没有恶魔的印记
No blemishes, no witches' teats.
没有斑点 没有巫师的乳♥头♥
All of which I will be sure to mention at her trial.
这些我都会在审判她时如实提到的
Her trial?
审判
But I have proven to you she is without marks.
我已经向你证明了她没有印记
Have you forgotten?
你忘了吗
We are not judges.
我们不是评判者
We are simply seekers of the truth.
我们只是寻找真♥相♥的人
The power of verdict rests with the selectmen.
结论取决于委员会
This is Salem. You know how they will vote.
这是塞勒姆 你知道他们会怎么投票
Well, then you save your rage and your impudence for them.
那就把你的怒气和无力留着对付他们吧
Another woman was accused today...as you saw.
如你所见 今天又有一个女人被指控了
It's madness, this witch panic.
这巫师恐慌太疯狂了
Yes, it is regrettable.
确实令人遗憾
Regrettable?
令人遗憾
What would you have me do?
不然你想让我怎么做
You could speak out, rail against it.
你可以站出来 提出抗♥议♥
You have any number of options beyond nothing.
比起袖手旁观 你还有很多别的选择
I am one man. Perhaps you expect too much of me.
我只是一个人 可能你对我期望太多了
Perhaps you are content with too little.
也可能是你太满足于现状
Hold your tongue, child.
注意态度 孩子
I just don't understand
我只是不明白
Why he's so content to see people hang...
他怎么能忍♥受看着人们被吊死
Almost as if he secretly likes it.
几乎让人觉得他享受这种过程
I don't appreciate the insinuation.
别含沙射影
What insinuation is that?
我怎么含沙射影了
That I was somehow in league
你暗指我跟那些
with the murdering puritans.
杀人的清教♥徒♥是一伙儿的
Oh, no, that was not my insinuation at all.
不 我绝对不是那个意思
In fact, it was quite the opposite.
其实恰恰相反
And what might that be?
什么意思
You know, I'm... I'm suddenly very tired.
我...我突然觉得很累
What are you accusing me of?
你到底想指控我什么
I think I should lie down.
我想我该去躺一会
Anne, do not walk away until you have explained yourself.
安 没解释清楚不准走
Anne!
安
May I ask you a question?
我能问你个问题吗
Why does he hate you?
他为什么恨你
Two reasons only...
只有两个原因
For what I am...
一是因为我是谁
And what I am not.
二是因为我不是谁
And you've appealed to him on the girl's behalf?
你替那女孩向他求情了
Repeatedly. He does not regard me.
不只一次 他根本听不进去我说的
剧集 | 塞勒姆(2014) | 导航列表