剧集 | 怪探夸克(2013) | 导航列表
这位是斯特凡努斯修女
This is Sister Stephanus.
您是克劳福德先生的女婿 对吧
You're Mr Crawford's son-in-law, I understand?
克劳福德先生是圣玛德琳修道院的好朋友
Mr Crawford is a great friend of Saint Madeline's.
有什么需要为您效劳的吗 夸克医生
And what can we do for you, Doctor Quirke?
我想问问有关一个孩子的事
Well I wanted to find out something about a child
一个小女孩
little girl,
我认为她是从爱尔兰被带过来的
who I believe may have been brought here from Ireland.
她的名字大概是克莉丝汀
Her first name was probably Christine
如果有姓的话
and if she has a surname,
可能是叫福尔斯
it might be Falls.
您为什么想知道这孩子的事呢 夸克医生
Why should you want to know about this child, Doctor Quirke?
-是因为私事 -私事
- It's a personal matter. - Personal?
您不是在说您跟这孩子有关系吧
You are not saying you are related to this child in any way?
事实上 我是个医生
Actually, I'm a doctor.
而我看到一个叫克莉丝汀·福尔斯的女人
And I saw a woman called Christine Falls
在生产时死掉了
who died in childbirth
我相信那小女孩活了下来
I believe the little girl lived.
我只是想问问她有没有来过 如果有
I'm simply asking you if she came here and if so
她情况如何 仅此而已
what became of her, that's all.
你看 夸克医生
Oh, now Doctor Quirke,
我们不能因为这个就告诉您什么
we couldn't be giving out information of that nature.
是吗
Really?
她只是其中之一 对吗
She was just one among many, wasn't she?
一直都有婴儿
A regular traffic of babies
从爱尔兰那里的妈妈身边被抱走 为了什么
taken from their mothers in Ireland, for what?
-他们怎样了 -您这是臆想 夸克医生
- What happens them? - This is just fantasy, Doctor Quirke.
所有孩子都是确定无疑的美国公民
All these children are certified, American citizens.
他们有出生证明
They have birth certificates.
我恰巧认识抱来小克莉丝汀的护士
I happen to know the nurse who brought little Christine over.
而我也在洗衣店看到了
And I've seen the girls in the Laundry
那些等着抱走她们孩子的女孩们
waiting for the babies to be taken from them.
可您没有证据
But you have no proof
否则您也不会来这里瞎指控
or you would not be here, making accusations.
请允许我向您保证 夸克医生
Allow me to re-assure you, Doctor Quirke,
所有到这里来的孤儿
that all the little orphans
都受到了无微不至的照顾
who come to us are treated with loving care.
我们是为上帝工作
It's gods' work we're doing here.
我们问心无愧
Our consciences are clear.
-你知不知道拉特利奇女士在哪儿 -谁
- Can you tell me where Ms Ruttledge is? - Sorry?
克劳福德先生的护士 知道她在哪儿吗
Mr Crawford's nurse. Do you know where she is ?
她在楼上克劳福德先生房♥里
She's upstairs with Mr Crawford.
先生状态很不好
He's very poorly.
你肯定不好受 眼看着他渐渐死去
Can't be easy for you, waiting for the end.
他非常喜欢菲比 遗嘱里也提到了她
Phoebe's been very good with him, she's in his will, you know?
他给她留了一大笔钱
He's leaving her a lot of money.
你对此怎么看
How do you feel about that?
我无所谓
I feel fine about it.
别担心 留给我的不少 但她一夜暴富了
Don't worry there's plenty left for me, but she'll be rich.
富得流油了
Very rich.
对此我很遗憾
Well, I'm sorry to hear that.
为什么
Why's that?
因为我希望她过上平凡的生活
Because I wanted her to have an ordinary life.
还有平凡的生活这种东西吗
Is there such a thing?
我想对于她来说是可以有的
I think there could be for her, yes.
菲比到时候可以随心所欲
Phoebe will do what she wants to do.
至于你打算照顾她的想法...
And the idea of you looking after her...
你连你自己都照顾不了 是不是
you can't even look after yourself, can you?
克劳福德夫人 请您过来一下
Mrs Crawford, I think you should come.
很高兴见到你 罗斯
It was good to see you, Rose.
尽管身处如此悲伤的场合
Even though it's such a sad occasion.
我想他会为我们感到骄傲
I guess you could say we did him proud.
是啊 肯定的
Ah, yeah indeed.
他是个好人 是个好朋友
He was a great man and a dear friend.
我知道孩子的事了 马尔
I know about the child, Mal.
她就在这里 是不是
She's here, isn't she?
布伦达·拉特利奇把她带来的
Brenda Ruttledge brought her over.
你少管闲事 夸克
Oh just leave it, Quirke.
她是你的孩子 是不是
She's yours, isn't she?
那个孩子
The child.
如果你继续深究 只会给大家徒增痛苦
If you carry on, you'll bring nothing but harm to everyone.
听我一言吧
And take my advice,
趁早别管了
just let it go.
可我不会心安
Well it won't let me go.
我都忘了这里的景致有多美了
I'd forgotten how beautiful it could be here.
我时常想
I often think,
我们留下来多好
we should have stayed.
-我们 -马尔和我
- We? - Mal and I.
局面可能会大不相同了
Things might have been different.
那时我们很快乐 对吧
We were happy here, weren't we?
那些日子
In those days.
马尔
Mal,
你和我
you and me.
还有迪莉娅
And Delia.
她愿意和你上♥床♥ 这才是关键
She would sleep with you. That's all it was.
是不是
Wasn't it?
她愿意 而我不愿意
She would sleep with you and I wouldn't.
然后马尔抓住机会娶了我
And then Mal saw his chance with me.
我想事情不是这么简单
I think there was a bit more to it than that.
但可能也没多复杂
But not much, maybe.
老天 瞧我们把生活搅成了什么样子
God... what a mess we've made of our lives.
也没那么糟糕 是不是
It's not all that bad, is it?
好在还有菲比
Well there's Phoebe.
你为什么还没告诉她 夸克
Why haven't you told her, Quirke?
你答应过的
You promised you would.
事情因我而起
I started and...
开口并不容易
it's not so easy.
看起来 她在这儿开心得多
She seems... so much happier here.
-她非知道不可吗 -必须如此
- Does she really have to know? - Yeah, she does.
你必须告诉她 她是你的孩子 夸克
You have to tell her she's your child, Quirke.
这是你欠她的
You owe it to her.
那好
Alright.
我现在就去
I'll do it now.
夸克
Quirke?
你和迪莉娅的孩子
Yours and Delia's?
你什么意思
What do you mean?
迪莉娅早就过世了
Delia died.
她就是生你难产而死的 菲比
She died having you, Phoebe.
那段日子很艰难 我们经常吵架
It was an awful time for us, we were quarrelling
而我整日大醉不醒
and I was hitting the bottle pretty hard.
你出生那晚
And the night that you were born,
我们大吵了一架
we'd had this fight,
我记不得她说了什么把我气走了
I can't remember what she said that set me off but,
于是我又去狂饮
I went on a bender.
马尔在酒吧里找到了我
Mal found me in this bar
我醉得不省人事
and I was off my head,
都听不懂他说的什么
couldn't even understand what he was saying.
再然后我只记得
Next thing I remember,
我在医院里
I was in the hospital
握着她的手
holding her hand.
而她已然逝去
And she was dead.
而我还是醉醺醺的
And I was drunk.
你抛弃了我
You gave me away.
我一个人没法照顾你
I couldn't have looked after you myself.
迪莉娅的死彻底摧垮了我
I was destroyed when Delia died.
菲比 我不是不关心你
Phoebe it wasn't because I didn't care about you,
也不是我不爱你
because I didn't love you
-你一定要理解 -你竟然瞒着我
- you have to understand... - You never told me.
-菲比 -瞒了我这么多年
- Phoebe... - All these years!
菲比
Phoebe!
菲比
Phoebe!
剧集 | 怪探夸克(2013) | 导航列表