剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表
-Oh, silly. You're a silly, silly. -
噢 你这个傻孩子
Okay, honey, I'm gonna pinch.
好了 宝贝 我要推了
-So good! -That's all.
-真好 不是吗? -这样就好了
Okay? You want your Band-Aid?
想要你的创可贴吗?
I would hate to have a baby or a child die
我很不想要 因为没想到要接种流感疫苗
just because I didn't think about doing a flu shot,
或者我不想这么麻烦
I didn't want to go through the hassle.
就让婴儿或是儿童死亡
Why take that chance?
为什么要冒这种风险?
(美国加州旧金山)
There's a risk that somehow having a bunch of complementary DNA
这有风险 在他们的合成过程中
and their synthesis process might cause weird issues.
加入一堆互补DNA会导致奇怪的问题
Okay. Yeah, right on. Done. Cool. Bye.
好的 是的 很好 没问题 再见
My vision for Distributed Bio
我对分布式生物的愿景是
is that I wanted to build fundamentally new things.
我想要打造出从根本上全新的东西
I wanted to create a space
我想要打造出一个空间
where innovation and a willingness to not be trapped by the past
让创新和意愿都不被过去所束缚
would allow people the bravery or the foolishness
能够让勇敢或者愚蠢的人
to try something new that hadn't been tested before.
来尝试从未测试过的新东西
So, when we have young scientists that come here,
所以当年轻科学家来了之后
we give them really hard problems and then see what happens.
我们会给他们非常难的问题 看看会有什么结果
(分布式生物)
Nice to meet you.
-嗨 很高兴见到你 -很高兴见到你
Cool, thanks for coming out.
很好 多谢各位前来
Come and step into my parlor,
请各位来我的会客区吧
-I'll give you an update. -Sounds great.
-我给你们更新一下情况 -好的
As you probably already know,
你们可能已经知道
if you receive a vaccine for flu on any given year,
如果你在什么时候接种过流感疫苗
you get some protection and it lasts a little while,
你会获得一些保护 会持续一段时间
but the virus keeps mutating
但病毒在持续变异 会让你的疫苗过时
and making your vaccine obsolete, so you need a new one, and this sucks.
然后你就得再接种一次 这太差劲了
So our strategy
所以我们的策略是
was instead of make one vaccine you'd have to keep changing all the time,
与其制♥造♥一种一直都需要改变的疫苗
take all the different versions of the virus
不如把所有不同版本的病毒
and load them in a shot, all at once.
集中到一个疫苗当中
That would teach your immune system to respond to parts of the virus
这会教会你的免疫系统对病毒中…
that have never changed over 100 years and you provide a longer protection.
这一百年来都没改变的部分产生应答 你就能获得长♥期♥的保护了
But the way engineering works,
但从工程学上来说
you can't do these things all at once, right?
这是不可能一次就完成的 对吧?
If someone's trying to go for the Apollo Program,
如果某人要进行阿波罗计划
you're trying to go... take a rocket, put a bunch of people in it,
如果我们就造了一枚火箭 塞了一群人进去
send it up to the moon, that thing's not gonna make it.
然后就发射去月球 这是不会成功的
So, the way you succeed in science is through iteration.
在科学上取得成功的方式 是通过迭代循环
Kind of like our Apollo 1, Apollo 2, Apollo 3...
就像是阿波罗1号♥ 2号♥ 3号♥ 早期测试
The early tests, we just wanna ask, "Is the theory correct?"
我们想问的是 这套理论正确吗?
If we could take 100 years of flu, give a little bit of it all at once,
如果我们集中百年来的流感病毒 一次性每样都来一点
would that teach the immune system to provide protection?
能否教会免疫系统对我们提供保护?
Let's just keep boosting it over and over again.
如果我们持续反复加强
I'm gonna stop drawing syringes, but you get the idea.
我就不画注射器了 你们都懂的
You end up giving them seven shots.
我们最后要给他们接种七次
After giving the same vaccine seven times,
在给他们接种相同的疫苗七次之后
then we've got these gorgeous responses that were great,
然后我们获得了出色的应答 非常好
but that's a ridiculous vaccine because nobody wants to get seven shots.
但这疫苗也还是太荒唐了 因为没人想要接种七次
But we wanted to prove that the principle was sound,
但我们想要证明这原理没有错
and we could create neutralization against future viruses.
我们可以中和掉未来的病毒
So the next one is, "Can we make it more practical?"
下一步就是 我们能否让疫苗更实用些?
Less shots, higher, tighter, more broad response.
更少的接种次数 更高更紧密和更广泛的应答
And that's the next experiments. They're gonna be live challenges.
这就是下一步的试验了 会是现场大挑战
That's the ultimate test and that's why we're pumped.
那就是终极测试 也是我们如此兴奋的原因
I was asking them earlier, from an evolutionary perspective,
我之前从进化的角度问过他们
why don't our bodies attack this naturally?
为什么我们的身体 不会天生就能攻击病毒?
-Isn't that strange? -Yeah. That is...
-这很奇怪 是的 -是的
That is the single most fascinating and annoying thing about flu viruses,
这就是流感病毒最吸引人 也最讨厌的一点
and that's what got me into it.
这也是我一开始做这件事的原因
The virus hides its Achilles heel
病毒把弱点隐藏起来了
in an ocean of things it can flexibly change.
掩盖在海量可以轻松改变的东西之下
We're teaching the body to help focus on the Achilles heel
所以我们要教会身体瞄准弱点
and ignore that ocean of nonsense.
忽略掉海量没用的东西
In the end of it, it's elegant and simple.
到最后 就很优雅和简单了
That could apply to any rapidly mutating pathogen.
我们可以应用到 任何快速变异的病原体上
We can go after flu, but we can also go after HIV,
我们可以用来对付流感
dengue, Zika, SARS, MERS and a whole bunch of others, so...
也可以用来对付艾滋病 登革热 寨卡 非♥典♥和中东呼吸综合征 还有很多其他东西
It's a big platform we're contemplating here, right?
我们在考虑的是一个很大的平台
You build one thing at a time,
东西得一件一件地打造
but it's a good idea to have a big vision of where this could go.
但能有看到大方向的愿景也是很好的
If this just kept growing,
如果能够持续成长
could we have a big dent in making a pathogen-free humanity?
我们能在创造无病人类的道路上 有大突破吗?
Which I think should be not just us,
我觉得应该会 但不是只靠我们
but collectively a consequence of the biotechnology revolution.
而是生物技术革命的共同结果
I know that sounds like a big dream, but it's good to have big dreams.
我知道这听起来像是远大的梦想 但有这样的梦想很好
Big dreams got us to the moon.
远大的梦想让我们登上了月球
(第二章 流行病迫在眉睫)
(美国纽约州长岛)
(赛拉慕达德医生 特殊病原体项目高级总监)
(纽约市健康医疗公♥司♥)
I live and breathe being a Muslim. It shapes my daily life.
我是纯粹的穆♥斯♥林♥ 日常生活都以此为基础
I don't drink.
我不饮酒
I don't eat meat that's not halal.
不吃非清♥真♥的肉
And, of course, one of the Pillars of Islam is making sure that we pray.
当然还有伊♥斯♥兰♥教的支柱之一 那就是确保我们会祈祷
Prayer is not for God. It's for me, making sure I remember God day-to-day.
不是为神祈祷 而是为我 确保我每天都能记住神
And also, in my way of life, making sure that I do no harm
并且确保我在生活中不作恶
and help others.
要帮助他人
So, I pray every morning before I leave for work or start my day.
所以我每天早上在上班前 或者开始一天前都会祈祷
Syrup.
糖浆
Syrup.
糖浆
Syrup.
糖浆
Syrup.
糖浆
Yeah!
耶
I think it's very hard for me to distance myself from my work.
我想对我而言 要远离工作太困难了
I struggle with that at times.
我偶尔会有这样的挣扎
Mommy, mine is dripping.
妈妈 我的是湿乎乎的
For my kids, I actually don't tell them exactly what I do.
我其实没有告诉孩子们 我是具体做什么的
I think it's a little bit hard to explain.
我觉得有点难以解释
They know Mommy works in a hospital environment.
他们知道妈妈是在 医院那样的地方工作
My five-year-old is more concerned about,
我五岁的孩子更关注的是
"How come other mommies don't work and you work?"
“为什么别人妈妈都休息 你却还要工作?”
(急救)
My name is Dr. Syra Madad,
我是赛拉慕达德医生
I am the senior director of New York City Health and Hospitals'
我是纽约市健康医疗公♥司♥的 高级总监
system-wide Special Pathogens Program.
负责全系统的特殊病原体项目
I deal with preparedness and response
我负责处理全纽约市健康医疗公♥司♥的
to these types of high-consequence infectious diseases
高风险传染病方面的
across the entire enterprise of New York City Health and Hospitals.
防范和应对工作
Like, Ebola, SARS, MERS... Seasonal flu is a big one that we see every year.
例如埃博拉、非♥典♥、中东呼吸综合征 季节性流感也是一大项 每年都能见到
Anyone know what the definition is of a special pathogen?
有人知道特殊病原体的定义吗?
There is actually no definition, right?
其实并没有定义 对吧?
There is no defined definition of a special pathogen.
特殊病原体并没有确定的定义
However, there are characteristics.
但是 特征倒是有的
So, think about Ebola.
想想埃博拉
What are some characteristics of Ebola that make it a special pathogen?
埃博拉凭借了哪些特征 成为了特殊病原体?
-High mortality? -High mortality.
-高死亡率? -高死亡率 高发病率
High morbidity, high mortality, right? So it is deadly.
对 所以很致命 还有呢?
-What's another one? -It causes panic.
-引起恐慌 -引起恐慌 没错
It is something that can cause public panic.
这种疾病能够引起大众恐慌
It's something that creates a lot of fear.
能够制♥造♥巨大恐惧
There's two more.
还有两项
Hard to treat. Hard to treat, that is a third one,
-难以治疗 -难以治疗 这是第三项
that you have no prophylactic treatment, or vaccine, or therapeutic intervention,
目前没有预防手段 疫苗 或是治疗性干预措施
so that's a third. -The fourth? -Very contagious.
这是第三项 那第四项呢?
Very contagious, there is a high likelihood
高传染性 非常有可能…
of person-to-person transmission, so you have a lot of secondary cases.
能够进行人际传染 所以才有这么多次级传染病例
Influenza is extremely hard to predict.
流行性感冒极端难以预测
It just takes one person, one host,
只需要一个人 一个宿主
and then you can start a whole outbreak that can lead to a pandemic.
就能导致疫情爆发引起疾病流行
Over 3,000 commercial flights pass through New York City airports every single day.
剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表