剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表
只要吃点蜂蜜、柠檬和姜黄 就能药到病除
But seems like it was something very different this time.
但这次似乎非常不同
Nobody realized it was swine flu.
没人意识到这是猪流感
(德赫拉曼南尼 德格拉的儿子)
So, now the condition is guarded.
目前病情还在观察中
I won't say it's good.
我不会说情况很好
His kidney and heart have also become weaker...
他的肾脏和心脏也都变得更弱了
Right, right.
对 对
We will assume the situation is now serious.
我们会假设现在情况严重了
Until and unless he's in ICU, he's critical.
只要他还在重症监护室 就还是危重病人
At this point of time, lungs have infection,
到目前 肺部已经被感染
kidneys are not working, heart is under constant pressure.
肾脏已经失能 心脏一直承受压力
So, if these three vital organs are not working...
如果这三个关键器官失能
I mean, it's really difficult.
我是说 这会很困难
That's why, whatever happens, I'm outside always,
所以不管怎样 我一直都在这外面
so he feels good about it, that there's someone who's taking care.
为了让他感觉好些 因为有人在照料他
I have to stay here, there's no one else. I don't have a brother or a sister.
我必须留在这里 没其他人了 我没有兄弟姐妹
I'm all alone, so I have to be here.
就我一个 所以我必须在这
He's an old kind of man, "I want to go home,
他是老派的人 “我想回家
I want to take a walk in the garden."
我想在花♥园♥里走走”
You know, do stuff like that.
做这样的事情
I said, "Yes, you will be able to, but just have some time off.
我说:“好的 你可以的 但先要休息一下
Just relax...
放松
and soon you will be able to do all of those."
很快你就能做这些事情了”
As long as it takes, I will be here.
不管要多久 我都会在这里
(第五章 不能是为了钱)
Take if off upstairs.
上楼去脱
-Why you have a Band-Aid right here? -
这里为什么会有创可贴?
(美国纽约州长岛)
-Because I got hurt. -How'd you get hurt?
-因为我受伤了 -怎么受伤的?
-I was bleeding. -In school?
-我出血了 -在学校?
-No, at home. -
不 在家
Okay, go upstairs. I'll help you upstairs. You can't... no. We can't do it over here.
好了 上楼去吧 我会上来帮你 你不能… 不 不能在这里
Go upstairs. Just go upstairs. I'll put your clothes on upstairs.
上楼去 快上去 我会把你的衣服放到楼上
Amar, what are you doing?
阿马尔 你在做什么?
I have a three-year-old and I have a five-year-old.
我有个三岁的孩子和一个五岁的
No hitting.
不准打
It never stops.
永不停歇
There are some days that are better than others
在应付他们方面
in terms of just how I can handle it.
有些时候会比较好过
-What happened? What happened? -
怎么了?
Why don't you build something? You guys wanna build something?
不如来搭东西吧 你们想搭东西吗?
So help me build.
那来帮我搭吧
And then there's other days where I'm just super exhausted,
也有些时候 我疲惫不堪
'cause it's just been a really long or a rough day.
因为度过了漫长或是艰难的一天
Sometimes I actually put the kids down a little earlier than I need to
有时我会提前让孩子们睡觉
so I can just relax.
就为了能放松一下
-Mommy. -Yes.
-妈妈 -好
What are you doing?
你在做什么?
-Mommy, look at me. -Yes.
-妈妈 看着我 -好
I actually don't tell them exactly what I do
我没有告诉他们我具体在做什么
and I try not to also share that with school friends or mommies,
也尽量不告诉学校的朋友和妈妈们
'cause people's fear factor kicks in first before logic.
因为人的恐惧感总是比逻辑先起作用
If they think I had any remote kind of contact with disease,
如果他们认为我和疾病有任何接触
it's like, "Don't touch me, don't come near me."
就都会说:“别碰我 别靠近我”
I do this because I have a passion for it.
我做这份工作是因为我对其有热情
I started to work in the field of bio defense,
我一开始是在生物防御领域工作
I did some work with FBI related to bio defense.
我为联邦调查局做过一些 和生物防御有关的工作
My Master's thesis was on Ebola
我的硕士论文写的是埃博拉
and then the bio threat team that I was part of in 2014
我在2014年时 所服务的德州卫生服务局
at the Texas Department of State Health Services,
生物威胁小队
was the team that did diagnose the very first patient.
正是诊断出第一个病人的那支小队
(德州卫生长老会医院)
The patient admitted to this hospital has tested positive for Ebola virus
被这家医院接收的病人 被检出埃博拉病毒阳性
and we're taking every step possible to manage this situation.
我们正采取一切可能措施 来控制局势
No one thought at that time
那时没人想到过
that this would ever reach the shores of the United States,
埃博拉病毒会登陆美国
and so, there was no active monitoring or active screening in place.
因此也就没有进行有效监控 或是有效筛查
While caring for the first patient to test positive for the Ebola virus
在照料美国本土第一位被诊断出 埃博拉病毒阳性的病人时
in US soil, a Dallas nurse contracted the disease.
一名达拉斯护士感染了该疾病
And then a number of questions then arose
接下来就有一系列问题被提出
of are all hospitals in the United States equipped
美国的所有医院是否有相关装备
and able to identify patients
和能力来鉴别
suspected with these types of special pathogens.
这些疑似被特殊病原体感染的病人
Amar, I'm proud of you...
阿马尔 我为你骄傲
For me, I wanna make sure from a healthcare delivery standpoint
对我来说 从医疗服务的角度来看 我想要确保
whether this patient's coming in with Ebola virus disease or a pandemic flu,
不管病人是带着埃博拉病毒 还是流行性流感
they have the resources to identify these patients.
医院都能有资源来鉴别这些病人
-I want to read the night squirrel. -Okay.
-我想要读夜松鼠 -好的
All right, how about I read Hassan's first and then I read yours.
好了 我先读哈桑的 再读你的 怎么样?
Okay, which one should I read in the superheroes?
好了 我该读哪个超级英雄?
When I was part of the Ebola response team,
当我还在埃博拉响应小队时
we had an appreciation ceremony.
我们有一个感谢仪式
I remember on the card someone wrote that,
我还记得有人在卡片上写着
"When everybody was running away from this,
“所有人都在逃避时
you ran towards it. Are you crazy?"
你却挺身而出 你疯了吗?”
Like, "Ha, ha, ha."
还有 “哈哈哈”
But I think for me,
但我觉得 对我来说
it really translates into helping those around me.
这其实意味着帮助我身边的人
He's saying to stop.
他说住手
This kid is bullying her. That's not nice to bully, right?
这孩子在欺负她 欺负人是不对的 对吧?
And yes, I may be putting myself in harm's way,
是的 我或许让自己身处险境
but this is something that I have knowledge of
但是我拥有相关的知识
and why wouldn't I do that?
我为什么不会这么做呢?
"Whatever had changed him in that gamma ray accident must have..."
“在那场伽马射线事故中 不管是什么改变了他 肯定也…”
These threats are never going to stop...
这些威胁永远不会停止
and we need to do something about it, and that something is now.
我们需要有所行动 现在就行动
So, I have an upwards of ten projects happening at any given time.
所以我随时都有十多个项目在进行
I feel like there's so much more that needs to be done.
我感觉还有非常多的事情要做
-Shall we cheers? -Yeah, let's cheers.
-要干杯吗? -是的 干杯吧
-Start off with... -Cheers.
-先从… -干杯
(美国加州旧金山)
In the book, I read you're supposed to make eye contact with everyone.
我在书里读到过 你得和所有人进行眼神交流
-I did, I read the book. -What?
-是的 我读了书的 -什么?
We haven't been eating very much of the food.
我们没吃多少东西啊
You guys need to do a better job.
你们得加把劲啊
Sometimes, when I get home from work, I don't wanna follow recipes anymore.
有时我下班回到家 就不想再循规蹈矩
I'm just like, "Fuck it. I follow protocols all day."
我会觉得 “去他妈的 我一整天都在遵守规矩”
I just wanna make some stuff up and see what happens.
我就想胡搞一下 看看会怎样
This is basically what you've been working on
我们认识你这么久以来
the entire time we've known you, then.
你基本上就在做这件事
Yeah, and we could have a human vaccine ready by 2025.
是的 到2025年 我们就可以完成人用疫苗
We just need the money, 'cause the ferret study alone
我们只是需要资金 因为光是雪貂造模研究
is like over a million dollars.
就得花掉一百多万
Have you thought about crowd funding?
你考虑过众筹吗?
I have not thought about it.
我还没考虑过
My understanding was that crowd funding doesn't get you that much money,
在我看来 众筹是筹集不到 这么大一笔钱的
but maybe I'm wrong.
但或许我错了
There's a lot of people in the world that are affected by the flu.
世界上受流感影响的人非常多啊
-Yeah. -That's true.
-是啊 -这倒没错
The thing is, for flu, we really haven't seen anything
问题是 我们这辈子 都没见过大型流感疫情
in our lifetimes, or in our parents' lifetimes,
我们父母一辈子也没见过
or even in our grandparents', but the next flu pandemic is...
甚至祖父母那一辈都是 但下一次流感大流行…
probably on the horizon.
可能即将就会降临
We don't know if it will happen to us or our kids,
不知道会被我们 还是我们的孩子们遇到
but it will eventually happen.
但最终肯定会发生
It's scary 'cause in 1918,
这很恐怖 因为在1918年
it killed over 50 million people, but we didn't even have planes,
超过五千万人死于流感 那时候可连飞机都没有
and we didn't have people traveling from Asia to North America on a daily basis,
也没有人每天都从亚洲赶往北美
we didn't have factory farms with thousands of pigs and thousands of chickens.
也没有养着数以千计的 猪和鸡的工厂化农场
But now we do.
但现在都有
So, it could be hundreds of millions of people
所以在下次大流行中
that would die from the next pandemic
可能会死亡数亿人
剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表