剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表
我们只花了一小笔钱
it would have been to run this study in the US.
大概是在美国进行此项研究 成本的十分之一
And these are some pictures of us in Guatemala with our baby pigs.
这里有一些我们在危地马拉 和小猪崽们拍的照片
We had a group of all-female pigs so we tried to give them all pig-related names.
我们有一组全是母猪 所以就给她们 全部起了猪相关的名字
Oh, it's Squeeyonce and Jennifer Hamiston and Kim Kardashioink,
猪昂丝 詹妮弗猪妮斯顿 金卡戴猪 猪米拉安德森
Spamela Anderson, Hamon Biles, Katy Porky, Squeeanna,
猪蒙拜尔斯 凯蒂猪瑞 猪亚娜 还有很多
And right there was the moment when we realized that it was working.
就是在这时 我们发现这确实有效
I've flown down to Guatemala 16 times in about three years.
三年内 我飞去危地马拉了十六次
Right now, we're prepping to go back to Guatemala for one final test.
目前我们准备回危地马拉 进行最后的试验
We're really confident in our data and we know that the vaccine works.
我们对数据很有信心 我们知道疫苗有效
However, the vaccine requires seven shots to get the response that we like to see.
但是 疫苗得要接种七次 才能引起我们想要的应答
Nobody likes to go to the doctor to get shots,
没人喜欢去找医生打♥针♥
especially shot after shot after shot.
特别是要一针接一针
So we had to figure out how to get the same protection that we had before,
所以我们得要搞清楚 如何获得与之前相同的保护效果
but with fewer shots. Ideally, one shot.
但要减少接种次数 一次最理想
So that's our next big milestone.
这就是我们下一个大里程碑
We also need to move on to human clinical trials.
我们同时也需要进行人体临床试验
There is a lot of pressure leading up to this trip,
这一次出差前有很大的压力
because this is our final animal study in Guatemala.
因为这是我们在危地马拉 最后一次动物研究
What we want is for Centivax to be the last flu vaccine you'll ever need.
我们的目标是让Centivax 成为你需要的最后一个流感疫苗
(民♥主♥刚果 戈马)
Thank you for giving me time to speak.
感谢给我时间说几句
(世卫组织埃博拉团队简报)
We have 1,023 cases, of which 958 are confirmed cases.
我们共有1023个病例 其中958例已确诊
638 deaths, 321 healed.
638例死亡 321例治愈
Ebola is a very contagious virus.
埃博拉是传染性非常强的病毒
It's going to kill the whole family.
能够杀死♥全♥家♥人
The whole village.
全村人
The whole city.
全城人
The first confirmed case is a 23-year-old woman.
第一例被确诊的病例是23岁女性
The second case was a three-year-old child.
第二例是3岁儿童
It's a very painful disease, like a severe flu.
这是一种非常痛苦的疾病 就像严重流感
You have muscular pain. You have fever.
会有肌肉疼痛 会发烧
For the fourth case, it's a 33-year-old man.
第四例是33岁男性
The fifth case is a five-year-old female child.
第五例是三岁女童
And when it reaches organ failure, then you start bleeding.
等到器官衰竭时 就会开始出血
I can see the patient suffering and dying with a lot of pain.
我见过病人在巨大痛苦中煎熬和死去
I have to solve this issue.
我必须要解决这个问题
I have to stop the outbreak, and stop the suffering of all these people.
我必须要阻止疫情 阻止人们的煎熬
The sixth case is a 16-year-old girl.
第六例是16岁女孩
The seventh case, is a 56-year-old man.
第七例是56岁男性
This is the main motivation.
这是主要的动机
It takes a lot of heart, really, to do this kind of job.
做这种工作需要投入真心
(埃博拉协调)
Michel is able to engage people and build trust in people,
米歇尔能够以突破任何层级的方式
in a way that cuts through any kind of hierarchy.
吸引人并建立信任
And really cuts through a lot of the different communities,
真的突破了我们在这里遇到的
cultures, nationalities that we have coming here.
很多不同社群 文化和民族
His Excellency. His Excellency is handsome.
阁下 阁下很帅气
Michel has a great respect, both for other people,
米歇尔很尊敬其他人
but also other people for him,
也被其他人尊敬
and I always was struck by his immediate ability
我一直吃惊于他在压力巨大的环境中
to make people calm in a very stressful environment,
能让人立即冷静下来的能力
and that's a real skill.
这是真正的技巧
But we have not yet been able to overcome a lot of the lack of trust
但我们还没有克服很多社群
and the deficit of trust that communities have in us.
对我们缺乏信任或者信任不足的问题
People are terrified,
大家都很恐惧
and they're terrified for a number of reasons,
他们恐惧的原因有好几种
but this is a scary disease.
但这是一种恐怖的疾病
Okay, can we start?
好 可以开始了吗?
Doctor, how do you respond to views that vaccines against the Ebola virus
医生 请问你如何回答这一观点? 那就是对抗埃博拉的疫苗
are a means used by the West, Americans,
实际是西方人 美国人 用来让人感染病毒
to infect the population with the virus, to perpetuate the epidemic?
并维持疾病流行的手段
This vaccine doesn't have the Ebola virus.
疫苗中并不含埃博拉病毒
It's a vaccine that stimulates immunity.
这种疫苗只是用来激发免疫力的
I've taken exactly the same vaccine.
我就接种过这种疫苗
There are rumors, notably in Goma, which are spreading,
有谣言正在传播 尤其是在戈马
that a person has died from the vaccine inoculation.
谣言称有人死于疫苗接种
That's not the case.
并不是这样的
To date, I can guarantee we don't have any major incidents
到目前为止 我可以保证 并没有发生过任何…
directly linked to the vaccine.
直接与疫苗相关的严重事故
In influenza, during the crisis, you may have to change vaccine,
在流感危机中 你可能得要改换疫苗
because the flu virus can mutate easily.
因为流感病毒很容易变异
At least, the good thing for Ebola is that we have actually one vaccine.
与埃博拉斗争时至少有一个好处 那就是我们实际只用一种疫苗
It's an experimental vaccine
是一种实验性疫苗
that the manufacturer cannot produce in huge numbers.
制♥造♥商还不能大批量生产
At the beginning of the outbreak, we had 300,000 doses,
在疫情开始时 还有30万剂存货
and this is for worldwide.
但这是供应全球的
We cannot afford to do a mass campaign.
我们负担不起大型接种行动
We don't have enough vaccine.
我们没有足够的疫苗
So, in this case, the appropriate strategy is to vaccinate frontline workers.
因此 适当的策略 就是为前线人员接种
(世卫组织医务人员接种项目)
Okay, this doesn't scare you?
好了 这没吓到你吧?
Are you still okay with this?
你还是没意见吧?
Okay, Doctor.
是的
We will vaccinate the young lady.
我自己已经接种过了
This vaccine will protect the health workers from the disease.
这种疫苗将会保护医务人员 免受疾病侵害
But, unfortunately, Ebola is not the only danger they face.
但不幸的是 他们面临的危险不止埃博拉
(民♥主♥刚果 贝尼)
(战区埃博拉疫情)
A new spike in deadly violence has gripped the Democratic Republic of Congo.
致命暴♥力♥的新高峰席卷了民♥主♥刚果
Armed rebel groups are targeting Ebola health care teams
在该国东部地区 武装叛乱组织
in the country's eastern region.
把埃博拉医疗团队当作了目标
Two aid workers were killed in one attack over the weekend.
在周末的一次袭击中 两名救援人员被杀害
Two days ago, we had one of the vaccination team members
两天前 我们有一位疫苗团队成员
being beaten and even thrown into the river.
被殴打 还被扔进了河里
We are experiencing attacks from different armed groups.
我们在遭受不同武装组织的攻击
We became the target.
我们成为了目标
This is quite hard.
这很艰难
It's like fighting two armies.
就像在两线作战
The outbreak itself...
疫情本身
and the groups that fight Ebola teams.
还有袭击埃博拉团队的组织
(第四章 长久的努力)
(美国亚利桑那州图森)
Good morning!
早安
Do you have a pill for my ear pain?
你有治耳朵疼的药吗?
Are you in a lot of pain? Does your throat hurt, too?
很痛吗?喉咙也痛吗?
Yes.
-是的 -好的
-Thank you! -
谢谢
Now, you can eat the lozenge.
你现在可以吃锭剂了
-Does it taste funny? -Yes.
-味道有趣吗? -是的
We're coming from Poptun, Ixobel, Guatemala.
我们来自波普通 危地马拉的伊索贝尔
I didn't want to leave my country and my mother behind, but I had to.
我不想丢下我的祖国和母亲 但我别无选择
I might lose a family member or even my girls,
我可能会失去家人
the most important people in my life.
甚至是我生活中最重要的人 我女儿
I decided I'd rather leave.
所以我决定还是离开
But I know I'll be back with them someday.
但我知道 总有一天我会回去的
Here's the one where they threaten my husband.
这是他们威胁我丈夫的信
Said they'd turn her into ground pork and kidnap us.
他们说要把她变成肉糜 还要绑♥架♥我们
Until they get rid of every single person in the family.
直到他们除掉我们家所有人
That's what the message says.
信上就是这么说的
-Were you scared when you saw it? -Yeah.
-你看到时害怕吗? -是的
But, yeah, we're already here.
但是 我们已经到这里了
Things will be different once we are with our family, God willing.
只要我们和家人在一起 就会不一样了 如果情况允许的话
People don't like to leave their countries.
没人喜欢离开自己的国家
They have relationships there. They have a feeling about the land.
他们在那里有各种关系 他们对土地也有感情
I'm sure if it was a safe environment and they could make a living,
所以我确信 如果有安全的环境 他们也能维生的话
they would be happy staying there.
他们会很乐意留在那里
You really feel you wanna do everything you can
你真的觉得想要尽全力
to make up for the horrible circumstances under which they've come here.
弥补逼迫他们来这里的可怕环境
And I think everyone at the facility feels that way.
我觉得这里的所有人都有这种感觉
I got two of them.
拿到了两个
Both from Alia.
都是阿丽亚寄来的
My one daughter, she's in North Carolina.
我的一个女儿 她在北卡罗来纳
She's helping me out. She sent the boxes for the kids.
剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表