剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表
他们说:“再考虑一下吧”
But nobody could dissuade me. I was gonna do it regardless.
没人劝得住我 我义无反顾
Hi, there.
你好啊
-So were you diagnosed with the flu? -Yeah.
-你们被诊断出等了流感? -是的
They swabbed you? -It was positive? -Yes.
-他们取了样 结果是阳性? -是的
-Do you remember if it was the A or the B? -I think it was the A.
-你记得是甲型还是乙型吗? -我觉得是甲型
-A, okay. -They did both of our noses.
-甲型 好的 -他们给我俩的鼻子都取了样
-That was Wednesday. -You should be at the end of it,
-那是在周三 -你应该快好了
but you're not feeling better--
但你并没有感觉好转
Yesterday, my symptoms started getting worse.
昨天我的症状还加重了
Okay. Have you been feeling sweats, chills?
好的 你有感觉出汗和发冷吗?
Chills. He wakes up in a sweat.
发冷 他醒来时发现出了一身汗
She said that you have not been feeling well at all.
她说你完全没有感觉好转
That you really haven't been getting over the flu like you ought to.
本该撑过去的流感 却没能撑住
Big deep breath in. Well done. Good. Do that again.
大大的深呼吸 很好 很好 再来一次
I don't have every resource that a large hospital has.
我没有大医院那样的资源
I honestly have no idea what I would do in a situation like a pandemic.
我真不知道遇到了流行病这样的情况 我会怎么做
We're gonna be lower on the totem pole
我们在获得资源补给方面
in terms of getting replenishment of our resources.
优先级更低
Places that have higher populations
人口更稠密的地方
are gonna be the places that get that lifesaving medication first.
会优先获得救命药
I think that we would be overwhelmed.
我觉得我们顶不住的
We wouldn't be able to manage
如果在我们这个小县里
should a flu pandemic occur in our little county.
发生了流感流行 我们应对不了
(越南高禄县)
We have to follow the virus. Where is the virus located?
我们必须要追踪病毒 病毒到底在哪里?
Very good.
很好
And the virus is located in birds.
病毒就在禽类身上
My job takes me all over the world.
因为工作原因 我走遍了世界
My main responsibility is trying to prevent, trying to detect,
我的主要责任就是试图预防和侦测
and respond, and control emerging viral threats.
新兴病毒威胁 以及应对和控制
(丹尼斯卡罗尔是美国国际开♥发♥署)
(新兴威胁部门总监)
There is no single, more dangerous influenza virus
目前世界上没有哪一种流感病毒
circulating in this planet today than the avian flu in China right now.
能比目前中国的禽流感病毒更危险
60% of the people who are infected die.
60%的被感染者都死亡了
(中国 2013年)
Chinese and global health authorities
中国和全球卫生主管部门
are watching a new strain of bird flu. It's called H7N9.
正在观测一种新的禽流感毒株 叫做H7N9
This is definitely one of the most lethal influenza viruses
这肯定是到目前为止我们见过的
that we have seen so far.
最致命的流感病毒
Authorities in China are at pains to say they're on top of this potential outbreak.
中♥国♥当♥局♥煞费苦心地表示 他们已经控制住了这场潜在疫情
At least 108 cases, 22 of those people infected died.
至少有108例病例 有22名被感染者死亡
The recent H7N9 virus has a very high mortality rate.
最近的H7N9病毒有很高的致死率
That said, it remains an inefficient virus for infecting people.
尽管如此 这种病毒 依然无法有效感染人类
So far, this virus has not yet spread beyond China,
到目前 这种病毒还没有扩散出中国
but it could happen at any time.
但这随时可能发生
-When were these birds last vaccinated? -Seven days ago.
-这些禽类上次接种是什么时候? -七天前
So they had a problem with neighboring farms having outbreaks?
所以邻近农场出现疫情会有影响?
Yes, they did.
是的 没错
Some people bought sick chickens at the market.
有些人在市场买♥♥了病鸡
There are almost endless variations of the influenza virus.
流感病毒的变种几乎无穷无尽
They're denoted by different combinations of H's and N's, such as H5N1.
它们都用H和N的不同组合来表示 例如H5N1
The H's and N's ultimately define
H和N最终定义了
the physical characteristics an influenza virus will have
流感病毒的物理特征
and just how deadly that infection might be.
以及感染会有多么致命
The pandemic flus and the seasonal flus are profoundly different.
流行性流感和季节性流感截然不同
A pandemic influenza will likely come from an animal
流行性流感病毒很可能来自于动物
and it will be a new and novel, never-seen-before virus.
而且会是全新的前所未见的病毒
When a novel virus emerges from animals, we will not have natural immunity.
当动物带来了全新的病毒 我们对其没有天然的免疫力
Our systems will have no means to fight the infection off,
我们的人体系统无法抗拒感染
which means it has the potential for being very deadly.
于是这种感染就有可能变得很致命
That's why there are researchers around the world
因此在全世界都有研究者
committed to developing a universal vaccine
在致力于开♥发♥能够有效对抗
that will be effective against any and all influenza viruses.
任何及所有流感病毒的通用疫苗
(第二章 每个巨人都需要能对付他的大卫)
(美国纽约州纽约市)
I don't really get stage fright anymore.
我已经不再怯场了
I used to do this thing where if I knew I was about to go on the stage,
以前我每次知道自己就要上台时
my heart would start beating and I'd feel like I was gonna pass out,
我的心跳就会加速 感觉就快要晕倒
but I knew for the work that I wanted to do,
但我知道为了我想要做的工作
I had to be an effective communicator.
我必须进行有效沟通
If I wasn't able to communicate my science,
如果我不能好好表达 自己所从事的科学研究
then it was almost like the science didn't exist.
那这项科学研究就形同虚设
Can you get the slides up?
你能把幻灯片放出来吗?
(杰克格兰维尔正致力于 打造全球第一支通用流感疫苗)
That's a different slide there.
那张不一样
All right, good afternoon, New York.
好了 下午好 纽约
(治疗新发现大会)
So, yeah, I'm the co-founder, Chief Science Officer,
我是分布式生物的共同创始人
and the Chairman of Distributed Bio,
首席科学官和董事长
and this afternoon I'm gonna share with you
今天下午 我将会和你们分享
the story of a slow-burning revolution in biologic therapeutic discovery.
在生物治疗发现领域 缓慢发展中的革命的故事
I never memorize a specific speech.
我从来不会去记专门的演讲
I think about the arc of the story I'm gonna tell,
我会考虑好准备要讲述的 故事的梗概
and really good storytelling, those rules apply to science.
故事得要讲好 这些规则对科学也一样
It's basically the same rules
基本上和我们的祖先
that our ancestors did around the campfire, right?
在营火边做的事情 规则是一样的
First you have to introduce the terrible monster.
首先你要介绍恐怖的恶魔
In this case, it's influenza.
在这里 就是流感
The problem is that the virus mutates so quickly
问题在于病毒变异得太快
that your immune response becomes obsolete by the next year.
你的免疫应答到明年就过时了
We have created these amazing vaccine technologies
我们已经创造出了 一些杰出的疫苗技术
that are arguably the greatest advances since sanitation and fire,
可以被认为是自从下水道与火以来 最伟大的进步
and yet they don't work on rapidly mutating viruses,
但对于快速变异的病毒并没有效果
like the flu, for instance.
例如流感病毒
And for a while we thought we were just stuck with this.
曾经有段时间 我们觉得也就只能这样了
They're never really gonna be able to solve the problem
没有办法真正解决这个问题
of having a good single shot
只需接种一次
that's gonna solve our risk of being exposed to flu.
就能一劳永逸解决流感问题
Then you present the hero.
然后你再展示出英雄
That there's some new technology that exists,
现在有一些新技术
that could potentially create a breakthrough.
可能创造出突破
We're making a vaccine that could treat all future versions of flu.
我们正在制♥造♥一种能够应对 未来所有版本流感的疫苗
So, fundamentally, our approach was different,
从根本上来说 我们的方法不一样
because we tested against future and past strains.
因为我们测试过 对抗未来和过去的毒株
Under some circumstances,
在某些情况下
some people end up producing these nice antibodies
有些人会制♥造♥出很不错的抗体
that hit all the strains or many of the strains of flu,
能够攻击全部或是多种流感毒株
and they enjoy broad protection.
他们能够享有广谱保护性
You all might have those friends, right?
你可能就有这种朋友 对吧?
It's that annoying hippie friend of yours who's like,
就是你烦人的嬉皮好友一直在说
"I never take the flu shot and I'm fine." Right?
“我没打过流感疫苗也没事” 对吧?
-Some of them may be right. -
其他一些人或许是对的
But why the hell aren't we all protected all the time?
但我们为什么不能每时每刻 都受到保护呢?
Our approach was able to neutralize viruses
我们的方法能够消灭
all the way back to 1934
1934年以来的所有病毒
as well as protect against future viral variants.
同时也能对抗未来的病毒变种
I met Jake Glanville in the fall of 2014.
2014年秋天 我遇到了杰克格兰维尔
He offered me a job.
他给了我一份工作
(美国加州旧金山)
He knew that I had skills that he would need
他知道如果他想要启动疫苗项目
if he wanted to launch this vaccine program.
就需要我具备的技能
(莎拉艾维斯是带头开♥发♥ 通用流感疫苗的首席科学家)
Okay, so I can add the antibody to this one, then?
好的 所以我可以给这个 加入抗体了?
Yep.
是的
Jake just thinks outside the box.
杰克跳出了固有的思维模式
He thinks of these crazy ideas that are completely out of the norm.
他想出了这些完全 不同寻常的疯狂主意
Okay, the NHS and EHC are added, so clock's ticking now.
好的 NHS和EHC都加入了 开始计时
We've done multiple animal studies so we know that this is reproducible.
我们已经完成了多次动物研究 我们知道这是可以重现的
What we're seeing is real.
我们看到的结果是真实的
I want to prove that my research and Jake's research
我想证明我的研究和杰克的研究
could change the world.
可以改变世界
This vaccine could eradicate influenza as we know it.
我们知道这种疫苗可以根除流感
(印度拉贾斯坦邦斋浦尔)
This will not work at all.
这完全没用
剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表