剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表
请各位靠拢些好吗?
You can move in very close. People are gonna be joining us.
你们可以靠得很近 还会有人来参加
I try to go to Jumu'ah or Friday prayers
我设法尽可能多去纽约市伊♥斯♥兰♥中心
at the NYU Islamic Center as much as I can.
参加星期五祷告
Do you want to have the heart that feels and is awakened
您是否想让自己的内心感到
with what they are going through...
被自己正在经历的事情唤醒?
My faith drives me to do the work I do.
我的信仰驱使着我做现在的工作
And my desire is to not just help this community, this city, this nation,
而我想要帮助的不只是这个社区 这个城市和这个国家
but the whole world.
还有全世界
But we're only as strong as our weakest link.
我们的强悍程度 是由最弱的一环决定的
And that's why I'm starting a global health center.
所以我才创建了一家全球卫生中心
To help the health care sector around the world to keep us all safer.
来帮助全世界的医疗行业 使得我们更安全
Attention please, this is a boarding call for Amtrak Crescent...
请注意 这是国铁 新月号♥列车的登车通知
We have no idea where the next patient zero will present.
我们不知道下一位零号♥病人 会出现在哪里
So, for this global health center to work, I need to recruit professionals
所以为了让全球卫生中心能起作用 我需要在整个医疗行业内
from throughout the health care sector.
雇佣专业人士
The best and the brightest for my leadership board,
出类拔萃的人士来做我的领导层
and I'm starting that process in Washington, DC.
我会从华盛顿特区开始这一过程
(分布式生物)
(美国加州旧金山)
Let's do this.
好了 各位 开始吧
We're gonna finally learn the results from the third pig study.
我们终于能看到 第三次猪试验的结果了
Let's take a seat.
我们坐下吧
Worst-case scenario, which is still a possibility,
最糟糕的情况 这也是有可能的
is that nothing worked,
就是啥都没用
and so we're stuck in the second experiment.
我们就会被困在第二次试验的阶段
So I'm hoping that we see a real improvement with the Centivax.
我希望能看到Centivax的真正改进
So I have data to present from the vaccine study in Guatemala.
我这里有危地马拉疫苗试验的数据
(克里斯蒂娜佩特斯 分布式生物 科学家)
This is just showing you that there were 35 pigs in the study.
这是展示的是试验中♥共♥有35只猪
Five pigs in each category.
每个分类中有5只猪
This shows that if there is signal,
这里显示的是 是否有信♥号♥♥
if there is binding, you see a curvature that goes upwards.
是否有结合 你会看到有曲线在上升
-You're killing me. What's the result? -Tell us.
-你急死我了 结果是什么? -告诉我们
This is the table that summarizes all of the results.
这张表是这所有结果的总结
They're categorized by the groups.
是按组分类的
So, as you see, group one was the...
正如你们看到的 第一组是…
So I look at the screen. I'm seeing some green, and here green is good,
我看着屏幕 看到有些绿色 在这里 绿色是好的
because green is the amount of response that we're seeing from the pigs.
因为绿色是我们从猪身上 发现的应答数量
Seven had MPLA and so forth.
有7只猪检出MPLA之类的东西
These results are huge for us,
这些结果对我们非常重要
because we have a vaccine formulation
因为我们的疫苗规划是
that takes less shots and gives a stronger response.
用更少的接种次数 带来更强的应答
So this is very successful.
所以这是非常成功的
The pigs are producing antibodies against different strains of flu virus.
猪身上产生了能对抗 不同流感病毒毒株的抗体
All right. Thanks, Christina.
好的 多谢?克里斯蒂娜
All right, so good news.
好的 好消息
The primary goal of the experiment succeeded.
试验的首要目标完成了
Obviously, we need some tinkering still because this required three shots,
当然 我们还需要做一些小改进 因为这还是需要接种三次
and we want only one shot if possible.
可能的话 我们想要一次起效
We're excited about those results. We have new questions.
我们为结果感到兴奋 我们也有新的问题
Scientists look at success and ask, "What's on the other side?"
科学家看到成功 总是会问 “另一面有什么?”
And additional questions.
还有额外的问题
From an outsider, it's not always obvious that we've achieved a victory.
对于局外人 我们取得了成功 并不是总是显而易见的
As for scientists, that's not how we see it.
身为科学家 我们不是这样想的
We see, "Okay, one less thing to worry about
我们的想法是 “好的 又少一件需要担心的事
and there's new things we're gonna fight towards next,"
接下来我们还新挑战需要面对”
but it's exactly those victories
但正是这些成功
and even more so, the new questions that really drive us.
甚至更多的时候 是新问题在驱动我们
The foundation of all good science
所有优良科学的基础
is that the work should work in other people's hands,
就是你的成果能在其他人手中重现
and so this gives us some winning groups to move forward
这给了我们一些成功的分组 来继续改进
and we've already gotten better than where we were before
我们已经比之前要做得更好了
so the study was successful.
所以我们的研究是成功的
-Cool. Thank you very much, Christina. -Sweet. All right, magic.
-酷 非常感谢 克里斯蒂娜 -很好 好的 真神奇
Our success with our vaccine technology on top of the Gates Foundation money
我们疫苗技术的成果 加上盖茨基金会的资金
means we can begin a pilot study in the UK,
意味着我们可以在英国 开始做初步研究
where we're gonna further optimize,
我们将会进一步优化
and then the next step is it creates a flu shot so that people don't get sick.
然后下一步就是创造出 让人不会生病的流感疫苗
Our goal here is to create a flu shot
我们的目标是在创造出一种流感疫苗
so that within a decade,
让我们在十年内
we're looking back and we think of flu as a disease of the past.
回头去看时 会觉得流感是过去的疾病
I remember each pig and each group that they were in.
我记得每一只猪 和它们的分组
I'm like...
我就像…
You need to get rid of that information. I know.
-你得去除掉这些信息 -我知道
-Just burned into your brain. -Yeah. I want to learn new cool stuff.
-已经印在你脑子里了 -是啊 我想学新的酷炫东西
Yeah, there's other things to put in there.
是啊 还有其他东西可以放进去
Sweet. Done.
很好 搞定
(第2组 Centi-50-alum)
(第三章 百分之一千的努力)
(美国俄克拉荷马州杰佛逊县)
(流感还未康复)
(霍莉已经开始在杰佛逊县医院 进行又一次72小时值班)
I don't feel like I can sit down and just rest,
我不觉得我可以坐下休息
because I have these things that are kind of pending.
因为我有事情没处理完
I have too many balls in the air right now.
悬而未决的事情太多
Makes me a little anxious.
让我有点焦虑
As a physician, we pour out, and pour out, and pour out,
作为内科医师 我们倾诉倾诉再倾诉
and because we work long hours,
因为我们工作时间长
and because we lose sleep,
因为我们缺乏睡眠
fatigue is really, really right there in front of us all the time.
我们随时都非常疲惫
I have a 72-hour shift,
我要值72小时的班
and the toll that it takes on my body,
这对我的身体、我的情感
and on my emotions, and even on my spirit, is not something that I factored in.
甚至是我的灵魂带来的伤害 并不是我考虑在内的因素
(食堂)
Honestly, as a physician, you begin to sacrifice little things
老实说 做了内科医师 你就会开始牺牲一些小事情
like dinners and church services and baseball games.
例如饭局、教堂礼拜和棒球赛
-Come in, baby. -Hi.
-请进 宝贝 -嗨
(迈克戈拉克 霍莉的丈夫)
-Are you ready to eat? -Yeah. If you've got it ready.
-你准备好吃饭了吗? -是的 就等你做好了
One little sacrifice at a time,
一次一点小牺牲
and if we're not careful, we sacrifice our family over it or our marriage.
如果不小心的话 就会牺牲掉我们的家庭或是婚姻
She did. I heard her say that.
她就有 我听到过她这么说
I wish you'd got some sour cream.
真希望你这里有酸奶油
Right there, on the table.
那边 桌子上
-In a little package. -Okay. I didn't see it.
-在小包里 -好吧 我没看见
My husband and I have a very strong relationship,
我丈夫和我的关系很牢固
but the last probably six months, I haven't been very nice.
但在最近大概六个月里 我做得不是很好
-I'm sorry. I'm in your way. -No problem.
-抱歉 挡到你了 -没关系
So our relationship has been suffering.
我们的关系正经历磨难
More arguments. Not really listening to each other.
争吵更多 并不认真♥相♥互倾听
I know that what I do is important to me and, of course, my patients,
我知道我做的事情 对我和我的病人都很重要
but what am I doing to myself and my family?
但我对我自己 和我的家庭又做了什么?
Is this really right?
这真的对吗?
(印度拉贾斯坦邦斋浦尔)
I don't leave home without praying first.
不祈祷我是不会离开家的
Even if I spend just a few minutes in my temple, I am content.
哪怕是只在神龛前花上几分钟 我也会满足
Sometimes, I make a request to God,
有时我向神请求
"God, please help me with my patients."
“神啊 请帮我治疗病人”
Sometimes you put in 1,000% and still nothing happens.
有时你付出了百分之一千的努力 但依然什么都没发生
Then I sit in my temple and ask for God's help.
然后我坐在神龛前 请求神的帮助
I tell God, "I have made every effort. Nothing is happening.
我告诉神 “我已经尽力了 但却没有用
God, please do something. Give me ideas."
神啊 请做点什么 帮我想个办法吧”
And then I see that the patient is gradually improving.
然后我就看见病人逐渐恢复了
I realized that when I ask God for help, he gives it to me.
我意识到在我向神求助时 他有帮助我
This is the patient, Rajkumar.
这位病人 拉杰库马尔
It seemed like he would pass away in one to two-and-a-half hours.
在我们插管接呼吸机时
When we intubate and put on a ventilator,
他看起来就像 在一两个小时内就会去世
it was the maximum ventilation.
呼吸机马力全开
Then we proned the patient.
然后我们让病人俯卧
Three cycles of proning for 16 hours.
三轮俯卧一共16小时
It is day ten for him, isn't it?
今天是他第10天了 对吧?
Please call his companions.
请叫陪护他的人进来
-How are you related to him? -Brother-in-law.
-你跟他是什么关系? -姻亲
-Mr. Rajkumar, look at him. -You okay?
-拉杰库马尔先生 看着他 -你还好吗?
You recognize him?
你认得他吗?
剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表