剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表
(第一章)
(我们不要任何人祸)
(美国俄勒冈州科瓦利斯)
Nice job. Nice flick of the wrist.
投得好 翻腕翻得漂亮
The focus of my life is to allow my kids to be who they are.
我生活的焦点就是 让我的孩子们都能做自己
Our lifestyle and the way that I raise my kids
我们的生活方式和我养育孩子的方式
is just to continually be evolving, and awakening,
就是要不断发展并且唤醒
and consciousness, and awareness and mindfulness.
知觉、意识和正念
(凯兰瓦格在家教育她的五个孩子)
I believe a healthy child has the ability to build up immunity naturally.
我认为健康的孩子 有能力自然获得免疫力
So, Pearl, do you know what the word consent means?
珀尔 你知道“准许”是什么意思吗?
-No. -Me, either. I don't.
-不知道 -我也不知道 我不…
It means you give someone permission.
意思是你给予某人许可
Remember whenever we talk about body parts and I'm like, we all...
记得我们在谈起身体部位时
we don't touch other people's body unless we get permission,
我曾经说过不经许可 我们不可以触碰他人身体
and then there's even certain places that we don't even touch--
还有一些部位 就算有许可也不能碰
-Don't say it. -
不要说
Don't say it.
不要说
You know, there can be people that you think you should be able to trust.
会有一些人 你觉得应该可以信任
-Yeah. -Whether it's... a doctor,
-是啊 -不管是医生
or it's a pastor,
或是牧师
or it's an owner of a business,
或者是个老板
even the president.
甚至是总统
And no matter who it is that we're in contact with,
不管我们接触到的是什么人
we have the right to be able to feel within our bodies,
我们都有权用内心去感觉
does this feel safe and do I...
“这感觉安全吗?我想要继续吗?”
do I want to move forward? We should all be given the freedom to do that.
我们都应该有这样做的自♥由♥
And so we have to really think through how, if this bill passes,
所以我们得要好好考虑 如果这项法案通过
what the effects of that will be for all of us.
对我们所有人会有什么影响
Dozens of people are rallying in Salem
数十人在塞勒姆游♥行♥
against a bill that would eliminate non-medical vaccine exemptions.
抗♥议♥此项取消非医学疫苗豁免的法案
Now, if it passes, most unvaccinated kids
如果此法案通过 绝大部分 未接种疫苗的孩子将不被允许
would not be allowed to attend school and daycare programs in Oregon.
在俄勒冈州上学和进行日托
Supporters say the effort to limit exemptions
支持者称限制豁免是为了
is about safe schools and protecting children and adults.
学校的安全和保护儿童及成人
Those against limiting exemptions question vaccine safety standard.
而限制豁免的反对者 则在质疑疫苗安全标准
A doctor today described the measles vaccine as, "incredibly safe."
一位医生今天称麻疹疫苗 原文引述 “非常安全”
Where's Khalil?
克利奥在哪?
Wait, you're right there. One, two, three, four, five. I still have to do the count.
噢 你在这里 一、二、三、四、五 我还是得要数
This bill would require that whether you go to private school,or you're in public school,
这项法案要求不管你要上私立学校还是公立学校
or in a charter school, you would have to get every single vaccine
或是特许学校 你都得按他们的要求
that they say that you should have at the timing that you should have it.
按时接种上所需的所有疫苗
What does freedom mean, you guys?
“自♥由♥”是什么意思 各位?
-Free! -Like, like... You're just out there. You don't have to do what people say or...
自♥由♥就是你可以自己待着 不用听别人的
I don't know, I have to think about it. I've never thought about it.
我不知道 我没想过 真的没想过
For me, it's not about whether you vaccinate or you don't,
对我而言 这并不是说 你有没有接种疫苗
it's us having the freedom of choice to choose
而是说我们有选择的自♥由♥
what we think as a parent is the best thing for our child.
选择我们作为家长认为 对自己孩子最好的东西
Rumi, to calm us down, roll this over your heart.
鲁米 为了让我们都安心 把这个在你心上滚一下
-Okay? -
好吗?
I am confident that no one else can teach, direct and guide
我非常有信心 在教育和指导 我孩子的心智和灵魂方面
my kids' hearts, minds and souls better than me.
没人会比我做得更好
Everything with this whole vaccine bill
疫苗法案这整件事
is someone who believes that they know what's better for you
就是有人觉得他们比我 比你们都更清楚
than I do and what you do.
什么对你们更好
So, it's removing our choice.
这会夺走我们的选择
On my family, this bill will have a very large impact,
这项法案对我家有非常大的影响
'cause my oldest is passionate about basketball.
因为我家老大对篮球很有热情
She will no longer be able to play on specific teams.
她将会失去为某些 特定球队打球的机会
You won't be able to play soccer and you won't be able to play basketball
如果不接种疫苗 你将无法去踢足球
if you don't get vaccines.
你也无法去打篮球
I don't feel comfortable getting vaccines,
我们连肌肉测试都不能做
and if were to even muscle test them, I don't know if your body
我也无法对疫苗放心
-would feel comfortable with it. -You're making me cry.
我不知道你们的身体能不能接受
-I'm making you cry? -I don't want that.
-我让你哭出来了? -我不想要
It's kind of a lot to take in, huh?
有好多东西需要消化 对吧?
I am raising you guys to be the 10% of the world,
我要把你们养育成世界上的10%
which means you're not gonna fit in with the 90% and that's okay.
所以你们会无法融入其他90% 这也没问题
We're advocating to our children "my body, my rules,"
我们向自己的孩子们提倡 “我的身体我做主”
and here, that is being stripped away.
而现在这会被剥夺
As a protector of our children, to not have that,
作为孩子们的守护者 连这项权力都没有
it's like, "What are we stepping into next?"
我们接下来还会面对什么?
(危地马拉 亚兰博乔)
The commissioner of US Customs and Border Protection
在八岁危地马拉男孩死亡之后
is ordering new steps to protect children in US custody
美国海关和边境保护局局长
after the death of an eight-year-old Guatemalan boy.
下令采取新措施 保护被美国羁押的儿童
Four days after eight-year-old Felipe Gómez died,
在八岁的费利佩戈麦斯阿隆佐 死亡四天之后
new autopsy results show that the boy tested positive for the flu.
新尸检结果表明男孩感染了流感
Felipe now the second migrant child to die this month in US custody.
费利佩已经是本月死亡的 第二名被美国羁押的移♥民♥儿童
(费利佩戈麦斯并未接种流感疫苗)
(考虑到他被关押的时间)
(他很可能是在拘留中心 感染疾病的)
My brother's health was good before he left...
我弟弟离开之前很健康 他在这里从未生过病
It was so hard for us to understand why his death was so sudden.
我们很难理解他为什么会突然去世
Very sudden.
太突然了
He was a mischievous little boy, but he always did well in school.
他是个淘气的小男孩 但他在学校一直很乖
"I'm going to the United States with Dad," he said, excitedly.
他说:“我要跟爸爸去美国” 他非常兴奋
"But I'll come back for Mom." That's what he said when he left.
“但我会回来找妈妈的” 他离开时是这么说的
I do regret that he left...
我的确很后悔让他离开
but we just did it because of how poor we are.
但我们是因为贫穷才这样做的
I'm very scared of the flu and of its lethal outcomes.
我很害怕流感及其致命后果
If another of my children dies, I'd lose all will to live.
如果其他孩子再出事 那我也活不下去了
US Border Patrol agents apprehended a group of more than 1,000 migrants,
美国边境巡逻队在德州埃尔帕索附近
who illegally crossed the southern border near El Paso, Texas.
逮捕了非法穿越南部国境的 一群超过千人的移♥民♥
A decade ago, 90% of immigrants caught crossing illegally
10年前 偷越国境时被捕的非法移♥民♥
were single adult men from Mexico.
九♥成♥都是墨西哥的单身男性
Today, nearly 90% are families and unaccompanied children from Central America.
而现今 九♥成♥都是来自中美洲的家庭和举目无亲的儿童
When I heard that Felipe died...
在听说费利佩过世的消息时
I mean, I was angry because it's all such bullshit.
我很愤怒 因为这都是胡说八道
We have horrible things that happen
我们已经有各种天灾了
with the different hurricanes, with the tornadoes.
各种飓风和龙♥卷♥风♥
We don't need any man-made catastrophes. And that's exactly what this one is.
我们不需要任何人祸 而这正好就是
(美国亚利桑那州图森)
(苏珊福莱斯是一名退休护士)
(她最近在志愿帮助 到达美国边境的移♥民♥)
I volunteered 9/11 and went down the day after.
我在911时做过志愿者 第二天就去了
And then I went down to Katrina.
卡特里娜风灾时也是
And I worked down there for almost two months.
我在那里工作了差不多两个月
If you're able to help, you have to go.
如果你有能力提供帮助 你就得去
(移♥民♥及海关执法局)
(每天会送多达100名移♥民♥ 前来飞翼之家)
(这里是寻求庇护者的临时避难所)
(他们通常会住上两晚)
(然后就前往最终的目的地)
(这座避难所最多 能容纳200名移♥民♥)
In Tucson, people have rallied.
在图森 人群集结了起来
I want to make sure the children get to eat first and then the grown-ups.
我想确保儿童先吃到东西 然后才轮到成年人
Tangerine, perfect!
橘子 太棒了
They make sure they're fed.
移♥民♥会被确保吃饱了肚子
We give them two sets of clothing and then they have the to-go bags
我们会给他们两套衣服 还有一套出行包
where they have food for their bus rides.
装着他们乘大巴赶路时的食物
It's a little group here, doing this. It's amazing.
是很小一组人在做这样的事情
I'm so happy to be able to give the flu shots
我很高兴能来接种流感疫苗
because I really, really believe in them.
因为我非常信任这些疫苗
And I think it's up to 36 cases this year of children that have died from the flu.
我记得今年已有36名儿童死于流感了
This is preventable.
这是可以预防的
It's ridiculous not to get 'em a flu shot.
不接种流感疫苗也太荒谬了
-Okay. -It's okay.
没事的
I kept my license after I retired,
我退休后也保留着执照
because I knew I was gonna still be doing volunteer work.
因为我知道我还会去做志愿工作
But I hadn't given any shots since Katrina.
但我在卡特里娜风灾之后 就没打过针了
It's pretty hard to do.
这很难的
Yeah, I was up all night.
是的 我一夜没睡
I just couldn't sleep. I kept thinking, "I'm gonna hurt these kids tomorrow."
我睡不着 一直觉得 我明天会伤到这些孩子
That's... quite a large needle.
这可是好大的针管
So, they're not gonna like me today.
他们今天不会喜欢我的
-Hi. -Hi.
嗨
I don't want to open all of them yet.
我还不想全部都打开
剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表