剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表
in some kind of facility for a few days under less-than-ideal conditions,
在某些设施中被集中关押了几天 条件也不见得理想
then brought to us, and then they would be scattered across the country.
然后又被带来我们这里 之后还会被分散到全国
And I thought, "This is a public health issue disaster waiting to happen."
我觉得这就是在催化…一场公共健康大灾难
-Cough drops, anything else? -The tongue blades.
止咳嘀液 还要其他的吗?
And they don't have to be sterile ones.
压舌板 不是一定得要无菌的
I said, "We gotta do something about this.
所以我说 我们得做点什么
We just need to get some flu vaccine for these people."
我们得为这些人接种流感疫苗
-It's Juan and Juan. -Juan and Juan.
是胡安和胡安
Juan and Juan. Come on in, you're next on The Price is Right.
胡安和胡安 请进吧 你们要上《价格猜猜猜》了
The flu vaccine is about 50% effective.
流感疫苗的有效率是50%
But it also, even if it doesn't prevent it,
但即便不能防止感染
generally modulates it so that it'll be much milder,
也基本上能控制病情 使其变得温和一些
so your risk of having a serious consequence is much less.
这样出现严重后果的风险也会小一些
--He laughs.
他笑了
I had a professor in pediatrics who said,
我有一位儿科教授曾经说过
"Why take care of people at the end of their lives
“为什么要等到临终时才去照顾人
when you can take care of them at the beginning of their lives
为什么不在孩提时就去照顾
and have an impact for the rest of their lives."
从而影响他们的余生呢?”
-Cough. -
好的
There are tens of thousands of deaths every year from the flu.
每年有上万人死于流感
I'm not sure why that doesn't impress people.
我不确定为什么 这没有让人印象深刻
People got freaked out about the Ebola virus
在美国境内出现一例埃博拉病例
when there was one case in the United States,
就把大家都吓坏了
but the flu virus, which can kill thousands of people, for which we have a prevention, people don't get it.
但流感病毒能杀死数千人 我们还有预防措施的
So, for us in the medical field, sometimes it becomes very frustrating.
大家并不明白 所以对于我们医疗领域的人来说 有时这会变得非常令人灰心丧气
Kill the bill. Kill the bill. Kill the bill.
阻止法案
(美国俄勒冈州塞勒姆)
(别碰我们的权利 拒绝3063法案)
(支持疫苗选择权 反对歧视)
(未接种疫苗)
My eight children are healthy, happy and vaccine-free.
我八岁的孩子们很健康 很开心 没有接种疫苗
(我的身体 我父母来决定)
We're a responsible family that takes care of our immune system
我们是负责任的家庭
by living a healthy lifestyle.
我们通过健康的生活方式 来照料我们的免疫系统
We are in charge of our children, not the government.
我们的孩子 我们自己负责 不归政♥府♥管
-We do not consent. -We do not consent.
我们不准许
(让大型医药公♥司♥再度负责 废除1986法案)
The rally today at the courthouse...
今天在法♥院♥的游♥行♥…
There's something really powerful about a physical body showing up
有人站出来强力发声
to say enough is enough and I want my freedom of choice.
适可而止吧 我要我的选择自♥由♥
Our specific beliefs, whether it be religion, personal views, health...
我们特定的信仰 无论是宗教 个人观点或是健康情况
We are standing together, fighting for our rights in Oregon.
让我们站到一起 为我们在俄勒冈的权利而斗争
-Are you informed? -Yeah!
-你们知情吗? -是的
-Do you consent? -No!
-你们准许吗? -不
Thank you for turning up.
多谢你们前来
I don't want you guys harassed by these people.
我不想你们被这些人骚扰到
I don't think they're gonna cause physical damage to our office.
我觉得他们不会对我们办公室 造成实际损坏
I just don't want them getting in your faces.
我只是不想他们出现在你们面前
So, it is World Immunization Day, actually.
今天其实是世界免疫日
-The radio told me today. -Are you serious? No, it is not!
-你说真的吗? -不 并不是
-It's World Immunization Day? -It is.
-是世界免疫日吗? -是的
I had no idea. We could not have planned this better.
我并不知道 这可真是巧了
All right. -We're gonna take that as a good sign. -Yeah.
好了 那我们就把这当成是好兆头吧
You know, there are certain things that push people's buttons.
有些事情很能够刺♥激♥到某些人
Um, guns, gun bills... Turns out immunizations is one of them.
枪♥械♥ 枪♥械♥法案 结果免疫接种也是其中之一
There were already 42 voicemails when they came in this morning.
他们今天早上过来的时候 已经有42通留言了
(伊丽莎白斯坦纳海沃德医生 是儿童医师)
(自2011年起在俄勒冈州 担任参议员)
We've had a large number of protests. People are pretty grumpy.
我们遭遇过大量抗♥议♥ 这些人很暴躁
A lot of hate mail that eventually descended into death threats
大量的仇恨邮件最终升级成了
against me and my children.
针对我和我孩子们的死亡威胁
I think the stairs are safer than the elevators.
我觉得楼梯比电梯安全
-Good morning. -Good morning.
-早安 -早安
Morning, Senator.
早安 参议员
Stop 3063! Stop 3063!
阻止3063
It's your job to storm this building and tell them to stop this over-reach.
你们有责任突袭这栋建筑 告诉他们别再这么过分
Freedom now! Health now!
现在就要自♥由♥ 现在就要健康
I didn't come here to do easy stuff.
我来这里可不是为了做轻松的事情
That isn't why I came to legislation.
这不是我进入立法机构的原因
I came here to protect Oregon's children.
我来这里是为了保护俄勒冈的儿童
The US is now dealing with the worst outbreak of measles since 2000.
美国正在面对2000年来 最严重的麻疹疫情
There have been nearly 700 cases confirmed in 22 states this year.
今年内在22个州 已经有近700例确诊病例
Measles is clearly one of the most contagious viruses known to man.
麻疹是人类已知 最具传染性的病毒之一
The measles virus causes high fever and rash
麻疹病毒会引起高烧和皮疹
and can lead to serious complications.
会引起严重的并发症
Health officials are blaming the outbreak on misinformation about vaccines.
卫生官员将疫情归咎于 关于疫苗的错误信息
The vast majority of cases have occurred in children
主要绝大多数病例
who have not received the vaccine.
都发生在未接种疫苗的儿童身上
The problem's so widespread,
问题非常广泛 导致世界卫生组织
the World Health Organization is calling the refusal to vaccinate
将拒绝接种疫苗
one of the biggest threats of 2019, right behind Ebola.
称为2019年最大的威胁之一 仅次于埃博拉
Vaccine hesitancy is one of the largest threats to human health there is.
疫苗犹豫是人类健康的最大威胁之一
The complications of a serious viral illness like measles
麻疹这样的严重病毒性疾病的并发症
can be very profound, up to and including death.
可能会非常严重 包括导致死亡
House Bill 3063, at its heart, does one thing.
3063法案的核心有一个作用
If you have a child and you want that child to attend a licensed school
如果你有孩子 你想让孩子去上本州的正规学校
or childcare provider in this state,
或许进行正规日托
that child either has to have a medical exemption
这个孩子要么得有医学豁免
or they have to get all the required immunizations.
要么就得进行所有所需的免疫接种
If I don't want to immunize my child, I'm putting my child at risk.
如果我不想给自己的孩子接种 我就会让孩子有风险
You could make an argument
你可以说 你作为家长
that as a parent, I have that choice, and that right,
你有权做这个选择
but do I have a right to put your child at risk?
但你有权让其他人的孩子冒风险吗?
Any baby under the age of one and people whose immune systems are suppressed,
任何不满一岁的婴儿 和免疫系统受到抑制的人
are really being placed at risk by people not immunizing their children.
都会被那些人未进行接种的孩子们 带来风险
The vast majority of people who choose not to immunize their children,
举例来说 绝大部分选择不对孩子进行接种的人
do choose to obey traffic laws.
都会选择遵守交通法规
For example, immunizing your children is like stopping at a red light.
对你的孩子进行免疫 就像是在红灯前停车
It's a pretty good idea so you don't run into somebody
这是个好主意 这样你才不会…
who's going the other direction with a green light, right?
被另一个方向上 绿灯通行的车撞上 对吧?
We all have to make a series of choices when we choose to live in society.
我们选择生活在社会上 我们就得都做出一系列的选择
I mean, this is a public health emergency.
这是一项公共健康紧急事态
At some point, we have to take some tough votes.
某些时候 我们都得进行一些艰难选择
(第三章)
(在摧毁村庄之前 它会摧毁领袖)
(美国加州旧金山)
There are times where I do feel
有些时候
like people look at me that either I'm too young
我的确感觉别人觉得我要么太年轻
or I'm a woman and out of place or both.
要么我是个女人 格格不入 或是两者皆有
It motivates me to work even harder to be successful.
这激励我在成功道路上更加努力
For those of you who have joined us recently, this is a good opportunity
对于最近才加入我们的各位
to see what we've been working on for the vaccine program.
这是个了解我们疫苗项目工作情况的 好机会
Vaccines have been hugely successful
疫苗非常成功地消灭了
in nearly eradicating many pathogens that have once plagued humanity.
很多肆虐人类的病原体
However, they have failed in rapidly mutating pathogens
但却未能消灭快速变异的病原体
such as influenza and HIV and others.
例如流感病毒和艾滋病病毒等
Many groups have tried to find a universal influenza vaccine.
很多组织想要找到通用流感病毒
All of these previous attempts have failed at producing a broadly-neutralizing, universally-protective flu vaccine.
之前所有生产具备广谱中和性和通用保护性 流感疫苗的尝试都失败了
More complex but also brilliant solutions have been attempted
更加复杂也更聪明的方案也被尝试过
and failed for various reasons that maybe no one really knows.
却因为不为人知的各种原因失败了
So we just had to completely turn it around and say,
所以我们得完全反转过来看
"What kind of barriers exist and how can we do it differently?"
“到底存在哪种障碍 我们要如何做到不同?”
Our approach is new, and then we tried it out in pigs.
我们的方法是新的 我们已经在猪身上进行了试验
The immune systems between pigs and humans are actually remarkably similar,
猪和人类的免疫系统 实际非常相似
so if it works in pigs, we can be reasonably sure it will work in humans.
所以如果对猪有效 我们就有理由相信对人也会有效
What Jake did is he figured, "Okay, well, it's gonna be too expensive for me to run a pig study in the US,
杰克所做的是 他觉得“在美国进行猪的研究太贵了
but I really wanna see this through and see if my idea is gonna work."
但我真的想知道 我的办法有没有效”
So I wanted to do pigs and Guatemala became a way that I could do that.
所以我想进行猪的试验 而危地马拉为我提供了可行性
Guatemala has a pretty big pig industry and I grew up down there.
危地马拉有庞大的养猪产业 我是在那里长大的
My father still has a hotel and restaurant, so we had property nearby
我父亲在那里还有一间旅店和餐厅
that I could use to set up a facility.
所以我们在附近有物业 可以用来设置试验设施
It turns out it's only about $40 or $50 US to buy a pig in Guatemala.
结果 在危地马拉买♥♥一头猪 只需要40到50美元
And suddenly, this whole thing lined up where I realized
突然之间整件事都理顺了
there was an opportunity to go run these animal studies in Guatemala
我发现我们可以在危地马拉 进行动物研究
and then having nice labs in the States to analyze the results.
然后在美国条件优秀的实验室 分♥析♥结果
We paid a fraction, a tenth of the cost
剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表