剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表
但你绝对可以把我算做是支持者
Thank you.
谢谢
-I really appreciate it. -Absolutely.
-这很重要 非常感谢 -没问题
-Thank you. -Great to meet you, Dr. Madad.
-多谢你花时间见我 -非常高兴见到你 慕达德医生
Thank you, Senator.
我也很高兴 谢谢 参议员
-Hi, for Syra? -Yes.
-嗨 在等赛拉吗? -是的
Thanks.
谢谢
I'm constantly pursuing funding.
我一直在寻找资金
This is not a... "I do it once and then I'm done."
这不是那种“做一次就了事”的事
This is something that I know that we need to constantly work at.
我知道这种事情需要我们一直努力
People forget this is something they need to pay attention to,
大家会忘记需要注意这种事情
and they need to be reminded.
所以需要被提醒
In the midst of the measles outbreak in the Northwest,
在西北地区的麻疹疫情中
Oregon lawmakers are considering a strict vaccine bill
俄勒冈立法者正在考虑 使用一项严格的疫苗法案
that would require more parents to immunize their kids.
来要求更多家长为孩子免疫
Without the required vaccines,
没有接种所需的疫苗
students would actually not be allowed in schools.
学生就不被允许去上学
The Senate will hold its first hearing on House Bill 3063 tomorrow.
参议院明天将举♥行♥ 3063法案的第一次听证会
We will, of course, continue to follow the bill.
我们当然也会继续跟进
(美国俄勒冈州科瓦利斯)
...jelly.
果冻
It makes me sad that we live in a society
我们生活的社会容不下不同意见
where we cannot have difference of opinions.
真是让我伤心
The kids can't even play with kids of their choice all because of a vaccine.
就因为疫苗 孩子们甚至都不能 和他们选择的朋友们一起玩了
(凯兰瓦格 母亲 活动家)
Can you put... Can you mix that for me?
你能帮我混合一下吗?
You want to sprinkle my placenta capsules on that?
想把我的羊胎素胶囊洒上去吗?
-Give some good vitamin back in your body? -Say what?
吸收一些好的维生素 -回你们的身体? -什么?
Got it!
搞定
Tonight, I'm going to have a group of peaceful warriors and advocates come over
今晚会有一群和平勇士 和倡导者来我家
and just talk about how this bill could potentially affect their life.
来谈谈这个法案对他们的生活 有什么潜在影响
I'm drawing energy down.
我把能量吸下来
Grounding down into the earth.
送进地下
Speak with empathy, with our open hearts and as the highest place in the circle.
带着同情心 敞开我们的心扉 作为圆圈中最高的地方 说出来
I had no idea that our representatives were pro-vaccine.
我都不知道我们的议员是支持疫苗的
If the bill passed, we would definitely consider moving out of state.
如果法案通过 我们绝对会考虑搬出本州
So, it would be a really sad decision for us.
这对我们来说会是个悲伤的决定
The teachers at my school have been with my children for a total of ten years.
我学校的老师们 教我的孩子们已经十年了
That's a huge amount of time that we've committed
这是我们投入到教育和社区中的
to the education, to the community,
非常长的时间
and I really don't know what we will do, as far as education,
如果我们没机会回到 我们为孩子们选择的学校
if we don't have the opportunity to go back to the school
那么就教育而言
that we've chosen for our children.
我真不知道我们会怎么做
It can be very frustrating to hear that side where it's like,
听到另一方说 “我信任我的医生”
"I trust my doctor." Yeah, I trust my doctor.
有时也会让人非常沮丧 是的 我也信任我的医生
That doesn't mean I still don't ask my doctor questions,
但这并不意味着 我依然不质疑我的医生
and my doctor is sometimes wrong.
我的医生有时也是错的
Thank you, everybody, for coming and just showing up and being real
谢谢各位前来 并且说出真心话
-'cause it feeds my soul very well. Yeah. -Feels good.
-因为这会让我的灵魂很满足 -感觉很好
Things are progressing with this bill,
这项法案正在推进中
but ultimately, I believe miracles can happen, so...
但说到底 我相信会发生奇迹 所以…
(第二章 你尽力吧)
(美国亚利桑那州图森)
Oh... It's going to be another long day.
又是漫长的一天
I kept thinking of that little one last night when I went to sleep,
我昨晚睡觉时一直在想那个小孩
the one that said thank you with the tears.
那个流着眼泪说“谢谢”的孩子
That bothered me so much.
真是很困扰我
He tried so hard to be a big boy.
他努力想装出很成熟的样子
My mother, she was one of the very first people who helped with the AIDS.
我母亲是最早帮助 艾滋病患者的人之一
AIDS came out in New York
艾滋病传播到纽约时
and everybody was terrified of working with AIDS patients.
所有人都害怕处理艾滋病患者
They didn't want to touch them.
他们不想去触碰患者
(苏珊福莱斯 退休护士)
My mom went in there and she was right there helping out, doing everything.
我妈妈去照料了他们 帮助他们 做所有事情
And I think that's where I get it from.
我想我就是从那里学到了这些
My husband gets mad about my doing all this volunteering
我丈夫对我做志愿者这事很生气
because I did say I was only going to do two weekdays a week,
因为我说过每周我只去工作两天
but what else am I gonna do?
但我还能做什么?
Be sitting, you know, staring at the TV?
坐着看电视吗?
How are you?
你好吗?
Hi, sweetheart! How are you?
嗨 宝贝 你好吗?
Give me a hug.
拥抱我一下
You did your part. We'll take care of you now. Come with me.
你们的任务已经完成 现在由我们来照料你们 请跟我来
(每天依然有多达百人的 中南美洲移♥民♥)
(从执法局拘留中心来到飞翼之家)
Who is ready to eat?
有谁想吃饭了?
Everyone! You all want to eat?
各位 你们都想吃饭吗?
I want to eat, too!
我也想吃
How's the food?
食物如何啊?
Good, right?
很不错吧?
It's made with love.
是带着爱心做出来的
Everything is for you.
一切都是为了你们
Okay?
好吗?
For about two weeks, we haven't had any vaccines at all.
有差不多两周时间 我们完全没有疫苗
So that means there was hundreds and hundreds of people
没有疫苗 就意味着我们无法
that we couldn't offer the vaccine to.
为好几百人进行接种
They're just letting these children and families suffer
他们让这些孩子和家庭遭罪
because of our politics.
就因为我们的政♥治♥
There's no reason for it.
这是没道理的
It's being made.
就是人祸
We just heard that the county approved a thousand more doses,
我们刚刚听说县里批了一千多剂
not only for our use at the monastery, but also on the border.
不只会给我们这里用 也会给边境使用
(伊娃 儿科专家)
We get these from the health department.
我们从卫♥生♥部♥门弄到的
Thank God.
谢天谢地
And this is really the end of vaccine season.
现在已经是接种季的尾声了
So it's enough for this time of year.
所以疫苗足够今年这段时间用了
Are you sure? All done.
你确定?完成了
-Can you sit here? -There is plenty of space for shots here.
能坐在这里吗?这里有足够的打♥针♥空间
I'm ready.
我准备好了
I'm so happy to be able to give the flu shots again.
我很高兴又能接种流感疫苗了
No big deal.
没什么大不了的
Okay?
好吗?
(危地马拉 阿蒂特兰湖)
(莎拉 分布式生物首席科学家)
It's been a while since we've been down here,
我们有段时间没来这里了
so we do have to rebuild some of the lab.
所以我们得重建部分实验室
About halfway into the first study,
在第一次研究的中途
I realized that there's basically a million reasons
我意识到 基本上会有百万种原因
that would have led to us seeing that the vaccine didn't work.
会让我们发现疫苗没有作用
We had lots of people working in a pig facility.
我们有很多人在猪舍里工作
When it's 85 degrees, and it's humid, and there's flies biting you,
气温29度时 很潮湿 还有蚊子咬你
and there's pigs squealing, and you're getting peed on,
猪在尖叫 你被猪尿到
and you're stepping in poop, and you have to wear earplugs,
你会踩到猪粪 你还得戴耳塞
it's just a lot to handle.
要面对的事情太多了
I was like, "Shit, there is a tremendous room for error here."
我觉得 “该死 这里的错误空间简直太大了”
Oone day, I talked to Jake, and said, "Look...
所以有一天我对杰克说
the only way I could ensure the success of this project is if I took it over."
“唯一能让我确保项目成功的方法 就是由我接手”
Sarah has ruthless precision.
莎拉有着无情的精确度
Right away, I realized that she was gonna be the one
我立刻就意识到
who was just gonna charge this thing forward.
只有她才能带着项目前进
When I first came down to Guatemala, we only had an idea...
我第一次来危地马拉时 我们只有一个想法
but after this trip, we will be ready to publish our vaccine paper.
但在这次出差之后 我们就准备好发表疫苗论文了
For her, having a high-impact paper is going to be critical.
对她来说 写出高影响力论文 将会很关键
Science is all about credibility. That's why we publish.
科学的关键是可信度 所以我们才要发表
And that's transformative.
这是有转化性的
That changes you from being a spectator in science, in our generation,
这会让你从我们世代的科学旁观者
to being one of the people on the field that's playing the game.
变成领域的掌控者之一
This would be my first... First authored paper.
这会是我的第一篇第一作者论文
Because it's one thing to just talk about the vaccine,
因为这并不是只谈论一下疫苗
but once this paper comes out,
只要这篇论文发表了
we could actually move the needle on vaccine science.
我们就可以实际推动疫苗科学前进
If this vaccine works in humans the way that we think it might,
如果疫苗能按我们的预期对人起作用
it could disrupt the zoonotic network
就能够阻断流感从动物传染人的
between flus jumping from animals to humans,
人畜共患网络
which we know is how the next pandemic is going to arise.
剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表