剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表
The World Health Organization
(民♥主♥刚果戈马)
has finally declared
世界卫生组织终于宣布
the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo
民♥主♥刚果的埃博拉疫情
as an international health emergency.
是国际公共卫生紧急事件
A top United Nations official says there is a very high risk
一名联♥合♥国♥高♥官♥称 非洲最新的埃博拉疫情
that Africa's latest Ebola outbreak will spread.
有非常高的扩散风险
(世卫组织每日安全会议)
(米歇尔姚医生 世卫组织埃博拉事件管理专员)
The situation remains critical,
情况依然很危险
with a special emphasis on Butembo.
特别要强调布滕博
We have around five cases there.
我们在那里发现了五例病例
So we need to intervene there.
所以需要进行干预
But there were incidents.
但在那里出过事情
Violent attacks against the vaccination team.
疫苗团队遭受了暴♥力♥袭击
This is all that's left of a health clinic in North Kivu.
这是北基伍省一间卫生所的残骸
A local militia burned it down and threatened the doctors.
当地民兵将其烧毁并威胁了医生
Now, not only do they face exposure to this deadly virus,
现在他们不止要面对 暴露在致命病毒中的危险
but often times health workers are suspected
但人们经常怀疑
as the people who are introducing the virus into this country,
医务人员将病毒传播进了该国
so there is a lot of distrust.
所以存在很多不信任感
That is what is making things so very difficult.
这就让情况变得非常艰难
The community's reluctance,
社群不情愿
in addition to the influence of certain armed groups,
外加某些武装组织的影响
continues to affect the humanitarian response in a big way.
继续对人道应对活动造成巨大影响
The Organization for the African Revolution.
非洲革命组织
For the second time, they have issued direct threats.
第二次发出了直接威胁
Yesterday, we recorded five incidents.
昨天我们记录了五起事件
If we don't explain and associate with them,
如果我们不向他们解释 并与他们合作
they will raise the population in revolt against the operation.
他们就会召集民众反抗我们的活动
Not being able to vaccinate is a worry.
无法接种疫苗令人担忧
We must find a way. It's a crisis, we need to reflect on it.
我们必须找到办法 这是一场危机 我们需要进行反思
The status quo isn't good enough in our efforts to contain the outbreak.
现况不足以让我们控制住疫情
Sometimes, I can feel a bit in danger.
有时我会感觉有点危险
Mainly in the rural areas where you can have some armed group,
主要是在农村地区 在那里会遇到一些武装组织
we have to use security protective equipment or use the armored car.
我们不得不使用安保设备或是装甲车
It's really scary.
真的很恐怖
But we don't have the option of leaving.
但我们并不能选择离开
片名:流行病
(第一章 我们是病原体)
(美国纽约州纽约市)
Let's go ahead and get started.
我们开始吧
Uh, first, good morning and thank you everyone for joining today's flu update call.
首先 早上好 多谢各位来参加 今天的流感情况更新电♥话♥会
I want to make sure folks know flu season is still going strong.
我想确保大家都明白 流感季依然在肆虐
(赛拉慕达德医生 特殊病原体项目高级总监)
(纽约市健康医疗公♥司♥)
Uh, we are still at elevated and widespread levels.
我们依然处在严重 且广泛散播的水平上
Um, so we'll give you that update momentarily,
我们马上会为大家更新情况
but I wanted to shift gears, um, and talk a little bit about
但我想转换一下话题 讲一下…
the public health emergency that was declared for measles.
因麻疹而宣布的公共卫生紧急状态
The United States is battling one of its largest measles outbreaks in decades.
美国正在抗击几十年来 最大的麻疹疫情
78 new cases in the last week alone.
光是上周就出现78例新病例
Health officials scramble to contain a disease
卫生官员正忙于控制
eliminated in the US nearly two decades ago.
这种在美国已被消灭近20年的疾病
We have vaccines that have eradicated measles,
我们有能根除麻疹的疫苗
but now you see a huge anti-vaxx movement
但现在声势浩大的反疫苗运动
that's promoting this misinformation and people are believing it.
正在鼓吹这种错误信息 而大众也很相信
We know more about the vaccines than the doctors who inject them.
我们比接种的医生更了解疫苗
Right now, we are in one of the largest outbreaks
目前我们正在经历
that we've seen in a number of years.
数年来最大的疫情之一
The threat's so severe, some hospitals are arming each entrance with security guards
威胁严重到 有一些医院 在每个入口都安排了保安
to screen visitors for symptoms of the virus.
来筛查具有该病毒症状的访客
People are refusing these vaccines that work,
这些人否认疫苗的效果
'cause people forget all the morbidity
因为他们忘记了我们在几十年前
and mortality that we saw decades ago.
所见到的发病率和死亡率
We need funding to train our health care workers
我们需要资金来培训医务人员
to identify and isolate cases of measles as they come up...
让他们能识别和隔离麻疹病例
but the proposed budget
但在特朗普政♥府♥
that the Trump administration came out with this past March
今年三月所发布的拟议预算中
does show a cut in funding to Health and Human Services,
卫生及公共服务的资金被削减了
which includes the CDC.
其中也包括疾控中心
The administration proposed a 20% cut
在本周早些时候政♥府♥提出
in the CDC's budget just earlier this week.
将疾控中心的预算削减20%
That would bring CDC's budget back to nearly 15, 20 years ago.
这让疾控中心的预算 几乎回到了15、20年前
This is not the way to protect Americans.
这不是在保护美国
It risks more cancer, more outbreaks, less safe Americans.
这会让美国出现更多癌症和疫情 变得更不安全
Finding the funds to do this work is a constant part of my job.
寻找资金来做这项工作 一直是我工作的一部分
(州参议员斯塔沃里维拉办公室 33参议院区)
Doctor.
医生
Senator Rivera, how are you?
里维拉参议员 你好吗?
-Pleasure meeting you. -Doing way frigging too much.
-很高兴见到你 -简直太忙了
-How you doing, doctor? -I'm doing great. Thank you so much.
-你好吗 医生? -我很好 非常感谢
Thank you for sitting down.
多谢 请坐
Ah... How can I help you this fine day, madam?
今天我有什么能帮你的 女士?
All right, well, I wanted to talk to you a bit about
好的 我想和你谈一谈
the city's outbreaks that we're seeing, notably current, the measles outbreak,
本市的疫情 目前主要是麻疹疫情
and then talk a bit about the funding we have, um,
然后再谈谈我们目前的资金
and the gap in terms of the current administration
以及与目前政♥府♥资金
and the proposal that came out from President Trump's budget.
和特朗普总统才发布的 预算之间的缺口
-Can I ask a question about this? -Absolutely. Please.
能问个问题吗?
How does, since you are a professional,
-当然没问题 -既然你是专业人士
and not one of these folks that has been in here
而不是那些来过这里
arguing that we have no such thing as an outbreak...
声称根本没有疫情这回事的人
How would you define an outbreak, and would you, in the current...
你是如何定义疫情的? 你能否按目前…
I figure it's a rate of infection that goes above what's normal, I guess?
我猜应该是感染率高出正常水平吧?
Yep.
是的
And how far above normal is the one that we're currently going through?
那么这…我们目前所经历的疫情 高出正常水平有多少呢?
So, I think, just to put that in context,
我想 就背景而言
this is one of the worst outbreaks we've seen in decades.
这是几十年来最严重的疫情之一
Largely, I think, really,
很大程度上 我觉得
we underestimated the movement of anti-vaxxers
我们低估了反疫苗运动
and just how influential they are.
和他们的影响力
I think public health is doing a phenomenal job
我觉得公共卫♥生♥部♥门在推广免疫接种
trying to vaccinate, get the public message out there,
和传播公共信息方面做得非常出色
but you still have a lot of anti-vaxxers giving misinformation--
但依然有很多反疫苗人士 在传播错误虚假的信息
I had one of them sitting right there...
之前就有一位来过 就坐在那里
-Really? -A couple weeks ago. Yeah.
-真的? -几周之前 是的
They're... 'Cause they're pushing hard.
因为他们在拼命鼓吹
And it just seems silly that we're even having a conversation right now.
我们还坐在这里讨论都显得很傻
It's like... Certainly, it is your kid
当然 这是你的孩子 如果你愿意
and it is your choice to have your kid un-vaccinated,
你当然可以选择不给孩子接种
but then you just can't have him or her around other kids.
但你就不能让他们接近其他的孩子
Yeah, I mean, the problem is getting out of the mentality,
是啊 这已经不是心态的问题了
it's not just about you, it's about others,
不只是你的事情 还牵涉了其他人
it's about your family, your friends, your neighbors,
牵涉了你的家人、朋友和邻居
those who are immunocompromised.
免疫功能不全的人
I think it's just a lot of unfortunate selfish mentality.
我觉得这很大程度上 就是不幸自私的心态
Um, we just need to maintain our readiness,
我们只需要维持准备状态
but, unfortunately, with the federal funding coming to an end,
但不幸的是 随着联邦资助的结束
um, and really no champion, if you will,
并没有拥护者在联邦层级上
that is at the federal level talking about these fundings that need to continue,
谈起这些资助需要继续 除非你愿意
we wanted to see what your feedback would be, um--
我们想知道你的反馈是什么…
-You want to ask for state money. -Yeah.
-你想找州里出钱 -是的
Okay, so, 3.29 over five years.
好的 五年一共329万
For five years.
五年
And that's 650K a year?
一年就是65万?
-That's right... -Okay.
-没错 这并不是… -好的
-It's not a substantial number. -No.
-很大的数字 -是的 并不疯狂
It's something I would consider seriously
我会认真考虑这件事
that we would actually take a very strong stand on,
我们可以采取非常坚决的立场
but we're talking about next year.
但我们说的是明年的事情
You probably should touch base with me on this,
你可能需要在夏天结束时
by the end of the summer again.
再跟我沟通一下这件事
That's great to hear.
我很乐意
You can certainly count on me as a supporter.
剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表