剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表
and then Corina will wipe the dirt off the ear tag
科丽娜将会擦掉耳标上的尘土
and she will read it, verbally say the number,
她会查看数字 再读出来
and then I will read it and then I will say the number.
然后我会查看数字 再读出来
Sixty-nine. Sixty-nine.
69 69
And we'll look in each other's eyes
我们会相互对视
and make sure that we both said the same number.
确保我们说的是同一个数字
And then usually I'll go tell Jake, "Hey, it's number 52,"
然后我通常会告诉杰克 “嘿 是52号♥”
and he'll say, "52?" And I say, "Yes, 52."
他会说 “52?” 我会说 “是的 52”
Then he goes and grabs number 52,
然后他会去拿52号♥注射器
I look at it and I read "52,"
我会查看并读出“52”
I take the cap off and I hand it to Corina.
我会拿掉针帽再递给科丽娜
For all 35 pigs.
全部35只猪都这样
Seventy-one.
-And we're done. -Done.
-我们完成了 -完成了
That was awesome.
太棒了
You can go and hang out with the piggies a little bit now.
你可以去跟猪猪玩一会了
-Oh, yeah? -Yeah.
-是吗? -是的
We just injected all these pigs with our new round of Centivax.
我们给所有的猪都注射了 新一轮的Centivax
I'm very confident we're gonna see some improvement.
我很有信心 我们能看到一些提高
I think the question is, are we gonna see total improvement
我想问题是 在接种更少次数之后
in fewer doses?
能否看到全面提高?
And I think that's what we have to wait and see.
我觉得这就只能等着瞧了
So, our work here in Guatemala is basically over...
所以我们在危地马拉的工作 基本结束了
and we are going to fly back to San Francisco.
我们会飞回旧金山
So, the next step is we wait.
下一步就是等待
I will be back here in three weeks.
三周后我会回来
We will begin pulling blood out of the animals,
我们会开始给动物抽血
sending it back to the lab, and beginning to determine
送回实验室 并开始确定
how their bodies are responding to the vaccine.
它们的身体对疫苗是如何反应的
We might get lucky and see the kind of response that we need
或许会很走运 在一次接种之后
after one shot.
就看到我们需要的应答
And if we achieve this in pigs,
如果我们在猪身上获得成功
it will be a huge step towards our goal of a post-pathogen humanity.
这将会是迈向我们的 无病人类目标的巨大一步
(埃及开罗)
(禁区)
(开罗 国家研究中心)
Every now and then, we get surprised by the nature
自然时不时就会让我们吃惊
of a new bug or a new virus in our region.
在我们的区域出现新麻烦或是新病毒
-That positive control? -Positive control.
-这是阳性对照? -阳性对照
Where are the two samples?
那两个样本在哪里?
And now we have confirmed
现在我们确认了
the presence of an avian influenza virus here in Cairo.
在开罗存在禽流感病毒
Is that the first time you'll try it on this?
这是你第一次用?
Yes.
是的
We don't know how severe it is, how pathogenic it can be
我们不知道有多严重 发病率有多高
and so we're really interested
所以我们很有兴趣
in trying to understand as much as possible about it.
想要尽可能多地了解
Can we tell if these came from one farm or not?
我们能不能分辨出 这是否来自于一家农场呢?
Yes, I was just telling Hisham to check on this.
可以 我才叫哈希姆去查了
All right.
好的
The outcome could be a novel virus that we do not know about
结果也可能是一种我们未知的
in the animal population.
存在于动物间的新病毒
And so we do not know how severe it would be
所以我们也不知道
in the human population.
在人类间的情况有多严重
To me, it becomes a little bit personal when it's in your own backyard.
发生在自家地盘上 这对我来说就有点个个人化了
What do you want to eat, Besah? Do you want falafel? No?
-你想吃什么 贝莎? -想吃炸豆丸子吗?不想?
Try it, you'll like it.
试试 你会喜欢的
A city like Cairo,
开罗这样的城市
with a big population, with this close and intimate interaction
人口众多 人与人之间的亲密互动
between its people means that the virus is going to be spreading rapidly.
意味着病毒可以飞速传播
What worries me about my family
让我和我的家庭担心的是
is when these viruses are out in the community...
一旦病毒进入了社区
and my family would be part of that community.
而我的家庭也是社区一员
Another influenza pandemic.
下一次流感流行
If you ask any influenza scientist, they tell you it's coming.
如果你去问任何流感科学家 他们会告诉你就要来了
We don't know which virus is going to cause it.
我们不知道会由哪种病毒引起
We don't know when it's gonna happen.
我们不知道什么时候会发生
So the only thing we can do is just keep an eye on things.
所以我们只能保持警惕
You have to do your surveillance, you have to be prepared,
必须要做监控 必须要做好准备
and you have to do the science.
必须要进行科研
(截止2019年8月 在埃及 还未发现有H5N2出现)
(美国俄克拉荷马州杰佛逊县)
(投票 俄克拉荷马)
(林林社区中心)
(在此投票 今天早七点至晚七点)
Jefferson County will soon decide
杰佛逊县很快将会决定
whether they wanna continue a 1% sales tax
他们是否愿意继续为杰佛逊县医院
that goes toward the Jefferson County Hospital.
支付1%营业税
A few years ago, the hospital in Jefferson County nearly closed
几年前杰佛逊县医院 因为背上了220万美元的债务
after going around $2.2 million in debt.
差点就关门大吉
This is coming up for a vote when five rural hospitals in Oklahoma
在投票的同时 俄克拉荷马州
had to close their doors
在过去九年中有五家乡村医院
due to financial problems over the past nine years.
因为财务困难不得不关门
-That's for you. -There you go.
-这是给你的 -给你
-Thank you. -Y'all want a sticker?
-谢谢 -都想要贴纸吗?
Today, this county is having a vote to extend the tax
今天这个县将投票决定是否延长
that supports this hospital.
这一支持县医院的税项
(杰佛逊县医院)
In my mind, if it doesn't pass,
在我看来 如果不能通过
everything would completely just fall apart.
一切都将彻底崩溃
Of course, nobody likes to pay taxes.
当然 没人想要缴税
When the initial straw poll was taken, there was 151 were "yes,"
在最初的民♥意♥调查中 有151票赞成
41 were "undecided" and nine were "no."
41票未决定 9票反对
We have limited resources, but you have to invest in this facility.
我们的资源有限 但你必须要向这所设施投资
We provide health care services within the county and the communities.
我们在向县里和社区提供卫生服务
I took an oath.
我宣过誓
(杰里米威尔森 杰佛逊县治安官)
And the oath was to protect and serve the people of Jefferson County.
誓言是保护和服务杰佛逊县的居民
The average person in Jefferson County is probably making about $18,000 a year.
杰佛逊县居民平均年收入 大约是一万八千美元
We're an agricultural community. There's not a lot of money in that.
我们是个农业社区 没有多少钱
The sales tax is what drives everything for this community...
营业税在驱动着这个社区的一切
and it's just not enough.
而且并不够
Everything's divvied up according to necessity and need.
一切都根据必要性和需求进行了划分
Every department struggles. Every area of county government is trying.
每个部门都在挣扎 县政♥府♥的每个区域都在尝试
It is a challenge. It's...
这是一个挑战
There are days that you wonder and say, "How are we gonna make it?"
有些时候你会疑惑 “我们到底要怎样才做得下去?”
The average person in our community,
我们社区里的一般人
they don't understand that there's times
并不明白 在有些时候
that I pay out of my pocket for fuel in our vehicles.
我还得自掏腰包给车加油
They just know that when they call, we come.
他们只知道 他们打了电♥话♥ 我们就会来
A vote was presented to continue
为了继续偿还我们县医院的债务
paying on a debt we had for our county hospital.
我们进行了投票
It's a good thing that we're supporting our hospital
支持和照料我们的医院
and taking care of it, but we also need...
这是一件好事 但我们也需要…
We need fire service, we need ambulance service,
我们需要消防队 需要救护车
we need law enforcement.
我们需要执法力量
We even need my dog, Joe, to help with our mission.
我们甚至还需要我的狗 乔 来帮助我们完成使命
There's so many avenues that finances can help
在一个乡村社区有很多方面
in a rural community that... What takes priority?
都需要财务帮忙 但以什么为优先呢?
And that's quite a challenge.
这是个不小的挑战
These votes are very important.
这些投票非常重要
They affect more than people realize.
它们的影响比人们意识到的更大
How are you doing, Robert?
你好吗 罗伯特?
I know we've been dealing with medical stuff with you.
我知道我们在处理你的医疗问题
Your blood pressure's been high.
你的血压很高
Our problem is, as you know,
正如你所知的 我们的问题是
-I'm only budgeted so much money. -Yeah.
-我的预算就只有这么多 -是的
We don't have a way to get you the medication you need.
我们无法向你提供所需的药物
Yeah.
好吧
Robert, I don't want you to have the issues you're having,
罗伯特 我并不想 让你遇到现在这些问题
but also, my hands are tied on how I can help you.
但同时 在帮助你这方面 我却是也无计可施
-Yeah. -Anything you wanna tell me or...
-好的 -你有什么想说的
talk to me about?
或是想告诉我的吗?
-No, I just need to get that medication. -I know you do.
-没有 我只是需要弄到药物 -我知道
-And I don't have the money to do it. -I know.
-我并没有钱去买♥♥ -我知道
I wish that the state would give us something to take care of you guys better.
剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表