剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表
她在帮我忙 发来了这些给孩子们的包裹
I can't believe she got ten coats in here, but...
真不敢相信她装了十件衣服进去
Oh, one of the little girls will love that.
那些小女孩会喜欢这个的
That's so nice. I hate giving out second-hand stuff that's all yucky.
真不错 我讨厌给他们那些恶心的二手货
For everything these families have been through,
因为这些家庭所经历的一切
and some have been through so much that we don't even know about,
还有一些经历不被我们所知
and then they come up to this country,
他们才来到了这个国家
and to die from anything, much less the flu, something preventable,
如果还死于了流感这种可预防的疾病
it's inexcusable.
真是不可原谅
We're gonna do whatever we can to make sure that doesn't happen.
我们会尽全力确保这不会发生
(飞翼之家是边境上 为移♥民♥提供流感疫苗的)
(唯一设施)
Oh, baby.
噢 宝贝
Oh... Hey, baby.
嘿 宝贝
The acceptance of the vaccine among the refugee families
难民家庭中对疫苗的接受程度
was very shocking, because I felt,
让人震惊 因为我觉得
after their experience, why would they trust us?
在他们经历了这些之后 他们为什么还信任我们?
But they did.
但他们的确信任我们
And when we said we are offering the flu vaccine,
当我们说可以提供流感疫苗时
they basically all came to get it,
他们基本上全来接种了
and it was such a nice change from having to struggle with people,
这是很好的转变 不用再挣扎着
to fight with them about getting a vaccine.
逼着他们接种疫苗
That was very rewarding.
真是非常有收获
The challenges we're facing is maintaining a steady supply of the vaccine.
我们面临的挑战是 维持疫苗的稳定供应
Somebody has to pay for it, and there is no money in any budget, really, to provide that.
有人得要为此买♥♥单 我们并没有钱或是预算来提供这些
I personally don't think a county should be responsible for this.
我个人觉得也不该由郡里负责
This should be a federal government response.
这应该是联邦政♥府♥的责任
We are getting somewhere between 50 and 80 people a day.
我们一般每天接收50到80人
There have been a couple of days where they had up to 100.
有些时候也达到过100人
When it was clear that the vaccine was running low
在过去几天中
over the last few days,
疫苗存货显然已经不足时
we've really been prioritizing just children and pregnant women.
我们优先为儿童和孕妇接种
We haven't been able to give it to adults.
没办法提供给成人
And I feel bad turning people away, 'cause they come wanting it.
拒绝他们感觉很糟糕 因为他们是想要的
They say, "But I'm leaving tomorrow. Can't you give it to me?"
他们还会说: “等等 我明天就要走了啊
And we say, "This is what we have. We have ten doses left."
就不能给我吗?” 我们只能说:“我们只有这些了 只剩十剂了”
-Okay. -You know this guy?
好的
Okay.
好了
Okay.
好了
So I think we only have, um...
我想我们的疫苗
five or six doses left of the vaccine,
只剩五到六剂了
and obviously we won't get any tomorrow, it's Sunday.
明天显然是弄不到的 是周日
Who knows about next week?
下周更不知道
-Yeah. -So we're probably gonna be out.
-是的 -所以我们可能会缺货了
They do understand that this flu season is now, and it's kind of--
他们的确知道现在就是流感季节
-Yes. -This is the time.
-是的 -就是现在
That's crazy, okay.
太疯狂了 好的
Unless we get something on Monday,
除非我们能在周一弄到一些
we won't be able to give people the vaccine.
不然我们就不能给人接种了
(危地马拉 阿蒂特兰湖)
My family owns a bed and breakfast in Guatemala,
我家在危地马拉有一家家庭旅店
and because we had a little piece of extra property away from the bungalows,
因为我们有一小块额外的物业 还远离别♥墅♥
we were able to use that to build an animal facility to test the vaccine.
我们才能够用来建造 测试疫苗的动物设施
-How's it going? -How you doing?
-你好吗? -你好吗?
-It's good to see you, man. -Hey, a long ride, huh?
很高兴见到你 嘿 千里迢迢啊?
They're paving both sides of the road at once.
他们同时在铺两侧的路面
That's smart. We had to retreat an hour and a half--
-真够聪明 -所以我们得往回开了一个半小时
It took a special engineer to figure that one out.
能想出这办法 肯定是位特殊的工程师
-Hola. -Hey, hey, what's up?
嘿 你好吗?
I love coming back to Guatemala. It will always feel like home to me.
我喜欢回危地马拉来 这里总是感觉像是家一样
But it also feels, every time I come back,
而每一次回来时
like I'm one step closer to achieving our vaccine goals.
我都感觉距离我们的 疫苗目标又近了一步
-Ooh, fresh paint. -Nice.
-噢 才粉刷过 -不错
-Looks really good. -Yeah.
-看着真不错 -是的
They are so freaking cute.
它们真是超可爱
They look really good. -They look healthy. -Yeah.
-它们看着很不错 很健康 -是的
Hi, piggy.
嗨 猪猪
Did a poop.
拉粑粑了
I remember when I did the first vaccine study.
我还记得第一次做疫苗研究时
I was scared the whole time.
我全程都很害怕
Imagine cooking a cake,
想象一下你要做一个蛋糕
where you're gonna spend six months on it and bring all your friends in,
你得花六个月时间制♥作♥ 还会邀请所有朋友来品尝
and you don't know if the whole thing's gonna be a mess at the end.
你不知道到最后这会不会 变成一个烂摊子
This is really one of our most important experiments yet,
这真是我们最重要的试验之一
because if we're successful, it'll be a huge step towards human trials.
因为要是我们成功了 这将会是迈向人体试验的一大步
Who's gonna help us solve influenza?
谁会帮我们解决流感问题?
Who's gonna help us solve influenza? You are.
谁会帮我们解决流感问题? 就是你们
剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表