剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表
if it were as contagious as the H1N1 in 1918.
如果新病毒的传染性 有1918年的H1N1那么强的话
Anyone want more wine?
谁还想再喝点?
No.
不想
You said it was two million dollars.
你是说两百万美元吧
-That's all you guys need? -Yeah.
-只需要这么多? -是的
Robyn can send that to you.
罗宾可以给你
-No, I don't. I'm just saying-- -I got my checkbook.
-不 我不行 我只是说… -真希望你有问我 我支票簿都带着
So, my company just announced our Series D yesterday.
我的公♥司♥昨天才宣布了D轮融♥资♥
-Yeah. -We got a billion dollars.
-好吧 -我们拿到了十亿美元
-Holy shit. -A billion dollars, like, "Okay."
-老天 -十亿美元 只不过像是 “好吧”
We wanna maintain full ownership, so we have to get government grants,
我们想保持完整所有权 所以只能申请政♥府♥补助
or like...
或者是…
non-profit foundation grants, like through the Gates Foundation.
非盈利基金会的补助 例如通过盖茨基金会
So, you partnered with this foundation, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation,
所以你们和比尔及梅琳达 盖茨基金会在合作
-and they said yes? -Yeah, well, we...
-他们同意了? -是的 我们…
We applied for a grant and we've been waiting to hear back.
我们申请了补助 还在等结果
Epidemiologists show through their models
流行病学家通过他们的模型展示出
that a respiratory-spread pathogen would kill more than 30 million people
通过呼吸传播的病原体 在不到一年的时间内
in less than a year.
就能够杀死超过三千万人
And there is a reasonable probability of that taking place.
并且这一切发生的可能性是合理的
Research into a universal flu vaccine just got a big boost, thanks to Bill Gates.
多亏比尔盖茨 通用流感疫苗的开♥发♥ 获得了巨大助力
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is partnering with the CEO of Alphabet
比尔及梅琳达盖茨基金会 与Alphabet首席执行官合作
to establish a $12 million fund for research
创立了一千两百万美元的基金
into a universal flu vaccine.
用于研究通用流感疫苗
He says the vaccine is needed to help combat
他说需要这种疫苗
possible future pandemics.
来帮助应对未来可能出现的流行病
The Gates Foundation has an amazing record trying to help global populations...
盖茨基金会在帮助 全人类方面的记录真是非常杰出
(超越目标 根除脊髓灰质炎)
and they would enable communities that can't pay for it
他们会帮助负担不起疫苗的社群
to be able to be beneficiaries.
成为受益者
I am trying not to sit on pins and needles to wait to hear the results.
在等待结果时 我尽量不要显得如坐针毡
It's cool stuff, so I think they're really interested in it.
这是很酷的东西 我觉得他们真的有兴趣
It's just...
只是…
It's taking a long time to hear back.
等待结果要花很长时间
-Should we cheers? -Yeah, let's cheers again.
-要干杯吗? -好的 再干一杯
(第六章 你有一次机会)
(美国俄克拉荷马州沃里卡)
Jefferson County Hospital, how can I help you?
杰佛逊县医院 有什么可以帮您的?
I'm just answering the phone 'cause all my girls are...
我来接电♥话♥是因为
They've got their hands busy.
我的姑娘们都在忙着
(医院收治了五名 有疑似流感症状的新病人)
So, Jefferson County Hospital, where I work,
我就职的杰佛逊县医院
is in a rural setting.
处在农村环境中
We have about eight to nine thousand people in the county.
县里有八、九千人
Their access to healthcare is limited.
他们能获得的医疗服务很有限
The closest other hospital is 35 to 40 minutes away.
去最近的其他医院需要35到40分钟
Any barrier to care and care gets lessened.
任何障碍都会导致照料被减少
And if you have to travel an hour to get healthcare,
如果得要赶一个小时的路 才能获得医疗服务
people are gonna say, "I'd rather not."
人们会说:“还是算了”
Do you wanna play the ring toss game with me?
想和我玩套圈圈吗?
-Why not? -They're gonna get me right here.
-为什么不玩? -因为会弄到我这里
No, listen, listen, listen.
不 听我说
It's gonna feel just like a little pinch, just like that.
感觉就像是轻轻掐了一下 仅此而已
I don't want a shot! I don't want a shot!
我不想打♥针♥ 我不想打♥针♥
I will... I will...
我会…
When October, November come, then I begin to think, "Okay, here we go."
每当到了10月和11月 我就会开始想:“好吧 又要开始了”
We're gonna be busier and we're gonna be having sicker patients.
我们会更忙 会有病情更严重的病人
Okay, let's got see what they gotta do.
好了 我们去看看他们得做什么
-I don't want any shot. -You're not getting any shots
-我不想打♥针♥ -不会给你打♥针♥的
or no pinches. I promise, okay?
也不掐你 我保证 好吗?
-You have a seat and wait for Mommy... -I don't want to...
-你就坐下 等着妈妈 -我不想…
By the 13th of January last year,
到去年1月13日
we'd already had over 70 Oklahomans that had passed away from the flu.
在俄克拉荷马已经有70人死于流感
Seventy people.
70人
That is a lot of folks that died from an illness that could be prevented
对于一种可以预防的疾病来说 这人数太多了
with a vaccine or that could be prevented with good hand hygiene
只要打疫苗或者有良好的用手卫生
or if the patient knew to come in earlier
或是病人知道早点来医院
and they didn't just say, "Well, I just have the flu."
而不是说:“只是流感而已”
And then they die from "just the flu." That's just tragic.
然后就死于了“只是流感” 真是太悲剧了
-Stop! -I don't wanna get a shot!
-别哭了 -我不想打♥针♥
I know. Do I look somebody that will hurt you?
我知道 我看着像是会伤害你吗?
-I really don't want a shot! -I know. I know.
-我真不想打♥针♥ -我知道
You ready for it, you want us to do it, momma?
准备好了吗?要我们来做吗 妈妈?
-Thank you, doctor. -Uh-huh.
谢谢 医生
Going into the flu season this year,
进入今年的流感季
what I have in my mind is, "It's gonna be like last year."
我的想法是 “会跟去年一样”
The CDC is calling this the worst flu outbreak in eight years
疾控中心将其称为 八年来最严重的流感疫情
and if you've had the flu already,
如果你已经得过流感
guess what, there's a good chance you could get it again.
猜猜怎么着 你很有可能还会得上
Can you believe that? We are nearing record breaking numbers
你能相信吗?在俄克拉荷马州
in the state of Oklahoma when it comes to flu-related deaths.
流感相关的死亡人数 已经接近破纪录了
-On that side? Okay. -Mmm-hmm.
边上?好的
Even one death in a tiny town like ours is a pretty big deal.
在我们的小镇上 那怕死一个人也是大事件
Take another deep breath.
再深呼吸一次
I don't want to lose a patient to the flu.
我不想有病人因为流感去世
(印度拉贾斯坦邦斋浦尔)
(迪内什维杰医生的病人 妮莎德维患上流感已经三周)
Sit up, ma'am.
请坐起来 女士
Are you feeling good overall?
你总体感觉还好吗?
See, your oxygen requirement...
看 你的氧气需求…
-Was this connected last night? -No, sir.
-昨晚有连上吗? -没有 先生
It wasn't connected.
没有连上
The ventilator was not connected all night.
呼吸机整晚都没有连上
Before, you couldn't stay without it at night.
在之前 你晚上没它可不行
There was no need for it now.
但现在已经不需要了
Oxygen was running at ten liters before, now it is at one liter.
之前氧气流量是10升 现在只有1升了
I don't think you have any problem breathing now.
我觉得你现在已经没有呼吸问题了
How much less is your coughing than before?
和之前相比 你的咳嗽减少了多少?
-Huh? -I only cough at night.
我只在晚上咳嗽
Only at night, just a little, but not as much as before.
只在晚上 只有一点 之前可严重得多
Do you want to shift into a ward today?
你今天想要转进病房♥吗?
You are getting bored here all by yourself.
你在这里一个人有些无聊了
In the ward, you will talk to others, converse with them, you will not be bored.
在病房♥里你可以和其他人聊天 不会无聊的
We are shifting her to the ward.
我们把她转进病房♥
Now, there is no requirement of ICU.
已经不需要重症监护室了
If God will feel so, she will be home in one to two days.
如果情况允许 一两天内她就能回家
I feel a great joy easing the suffering of others.
祛除他人的病痛 让我非常快乐
If I can save a patient's life,
如果我能拯救病人的生命
and if I bring tears of joy to their mother,
如果我能让他们的母亲 留下欢乐的泪水
that is the most priceless thing for me.
这对我来说是最无价的
But these are complicated cases...
但也有复杂的病例
When the body is not responding to any treatment.
病人身体对任何治疗都没有反应
(德格拉因流感并发症 于2月8日去世)
Often, in the 15 years of my professional life...
在我15年的职业生涯中
when a patient of mine did not survive...
当我有病人没能幸存下来
I have wept for them.
我也经常为他们流泪
The sadness I feel when I lose a patient is more than the happiness of saving ten.
拯救十个人的快乐 也抵消不了失去一个病人的悲伤
Hello.
喂
I never switch off my mobile for even a second in 24 hours.
我的手♥机♥24小时都从不关机
Never.
从不
Only a person who has lost a patient will understand this.
只有失去过病人的人才会理解
Even if others don't like it, including my wife,
哪怕有其他人不喜欢 包括我妻子
or my kids, I don't care.
或是我的孩子们 我也不在乎
There is still no respite from swine flu.
猪流感疫情依然没有缓解
Alarming rise in the number of swine flu cases.
猪流感病例数量出现惊人增长
Over 9,000 people have tested positive for swine flu across India
全印度有九千多人被确诊患上猪流感
with 86 casualties last week.
上周有86人死亡
The death toll has now jumped to 312.
死亡总数达到了312人
The numbers are staggering, over 9,000 people are affected,
数字触目惊心 九千多人被感染
which means that once it reaches that level again,
这也意味着一旦感染人数 再次达到那个水平
the spread will be that much faster.
扩散速度将会快得多
According to the CDC, last flu season killed 180 children.
根据疾控中心的数据 上个流感季共有180名儿童死亡
One of the worst flu seasons in recent memory,
近期最糟糕的流感季之一
this new season ushers in one big question.
剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表