剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表
(法案支持者)
And as a mother with a child
作为一位正在为生命而抗争的
who is immunocompromised and fighting for her life,
免疫功能不全孩子的母亲
it frankly appalls me that anyone would risk her life further.
还有人想进一步危及她的生命 真是让我惊骇
I'm sure you've heard a lot of people here
我确信你们听到很多人都在说
saying that their education is being held hostage.
他们的教育权利被扣为人♥质♥
You know that's not true.
你们知道并不是这样
They're still going to have educational opportunities available to them
虽然由于做出的选择 他们失去了一些教育机会
that are equitable to the ones that they are losing
但他们依然拥有一些
due to the choice that they are making.
与此同等的机会
My daughter did not have a choice when she got cancer.
而我女儿患上癌症时并没有选择
The Children's Hospital is full of families like us
儿童医院里充满了我们这样的家庭
who are terrified, who are fighting,
心惊胆战 依然在抗争
and who are hearing their community say
但却听到他们的社群在说
that their choices are more valuable than their lives,
他们的选择权比我们的生命权更珍贵
and I'm sorry, I just do not believe that.
抱歉 我并不相信这一点
I do not believe that is democratic.
我不相信这就是民♥主♥
Kai is nearing the end of his three-plus years of treatment for leukemia.
凯为期三年多的白血病治疗即将结束
When the recent measles outbreak started in Clark County, it created
而最近克拉克县出现了麻疹疫情
a new level of fear for our safety of our son
这给我们儿子的安全带来了新的威胁
and we went on lockdown.
我们只好闭门不出
Kai stayed home from school and public places for fear that he would be exposed.
因为担心被感染 凯只能留在家中 远离学校和公共场所
And I just want to say this, every day, my husband and I wake up
我只想说 我丈夫和我每天醒来时
and face the fear that he may die from his cancer,
都面临着他会死于癌症的巨大恐惧
and we have no choice in the gap of Kai's vaccinations
在凯的接种缺口方面 我们别无选择
and every day poses a new risk.
每天都会造成新的风险
The last time we spoke to the Senate committees,
上次我们跟参议院委员会谈话时
I was booed when I walked out
在离开听证会时 我被嘘了
because I asked to stop the philosophical and religious exemptions,
因为我请求取消哲学和宗教豁免
and many of those who were angry with me had their children with them,
很多生我气的人都带着孩子
like they are here today, and I don't have that luxury,
就像今天到场的这些人一样 而我却没有这种宝贵机会
and so the facts are, there's a 20-70% chance
而事实是免疫功能不全的孩子
that immunocompromised kids will die from the measles,
死于麻疹的几率高达20-70%
and that's just not a risk I'm willing to take.
我不愿意冒这种风险
--So, thank you for your time.
多谢各位的聆听
We are out of time.
时间到了
I am going to close the public hearing.
我将会结束公众听证会
I don't count on bills passing until they're on the governor's desk,
在法案送到州长面前之前 我不指望法案能通过
but the governor has assured me she'll sign this one.
但州长向我保证过 她会签署
So, if it gets to the governor's desk, I'm pretty confident.
所以 如果能够送到州长面前 我就很有信心
I'm certainly much more confident than I was a few weeks ago that it will pass,
我对法案通过的信心 比几周前要强了很多
and that we'll be able to protect Oregonians
我们能够保护俄勒冈人
from preventable serious diseases.
避免得上可预防的疾病
(民♥主♥刚果戈马)
Put on the gowns, please.
请穿上外袍
(米歇尔在一间埃博拉治疗中心)
(检查个人防护装备培训情况)
Ebola is a scary disease.
埃博拉是恐怖的疾病
My job is, uh, to ensure that if we have a case in a hospital,
我的工作目标是 如果有病例进入了医院
it will not spread, it will not affect the health workers.
要确保不会扩散 不会感染医务人员
The body fluids are highly contagious.
体液具有高度传染性
That includes blood, urine, feces,
包括了血液 尿液 粪便
breast milk, even sweating.
母乳 甚至是汗液
You always have to go from top to bottom.
必须得要从上到下
Wash your hands between every movement.
每次活动之间都要洗手
In the undressing room, there is also a mirror over there.
在脱防护服的房♥间里也有一面镜子
So that you can see yourself and avoid touching yourself.
所以你能看着自己 避免触碰到自己
When you touch this, you have to touch the side that
你在触碰时 必须要触碰
didn't come into contact with the patient.
没有接触到病人的那一面
Even though he disinfected it.
哪怕是他消过毒
You were in contact with him.
你与他有过接触
(在2014年到16年的西非疫情中)
(有600多名医务人员被感染)
(其中过半死亡)
(目前疫情发生一年之后)
(已有151名医务人员感染 41人死亡)
(卫♥生♥部♥要求与米歇尔 进行紧急会议)
(卡邦格医生 戈马埃博拉治疗中心主管)
Channels show a contamination across different health zones.
渠道显示出现了跨越 不同健康区域的污染
So, we could have a positive case in Goma.
所以在戈马可能有阳性病例
So, are we in a position
所以我们是否已经准备好
to effectively handle a positive case if it were to arise?
一旦阳性病例出现就进行有效处理?
Now, the biggest challenge is logistics.
现在最大的挑战是物流
You know, just like me, that after Kinshasa,
你和我都知道 和金沙萨一样
Goma is a city with a big population density.
戈马也是人口非常稠密的城市
At this time, we only have one ambulance! Only one!
而在目前 我们只有一辆救护车 就一辆
Personnel training.
人员培训
That's very, very crucial.
这非常非常关键
We often notice a lot of professional mistakes.
我们经常注意到有很多专业错误
If a case where the mistake was made
如果处理出错的病例是阳性的
was to be positive, it would be a catastrophe.
那就会是一场浩劫
So, to the question asking whether we have a positive case, and can you manage?
对于我们有没有阳性病例 能不能处理的问题
I can honestly say, "No."
我得老实说 “不能”
It would be unmanageable. It would be a disaster.
处理不了的 这会是场灾难
(第四章 牢记被忘却的事)
(危地马拉 阿蒂特兰湖)
I began working at Distributed Bio about three years ago,
我在大约三年前 开始为分布式生物工作
and my very first day, I flew to Guatemala.
在上班第一天 我就飞来了危地马拉
It was really exciting.
真的很令人兴奋
I had never been outside of the country before.
我还从没出过国
It's just... It's so different from where I grew up in, like, suburbia Midwest.
和我长大的地方 中西部的郊区 简直太不一样了
I didn't really know I wanted to be a scientist.
我都不知道自己想成为科学家
When I was starting college,
我开始上大学时
I was debating between majoring in biology or music.
还在纠结是去学生物还是学音乐
I've always loved being on stage.
我一直都很喜欢站上舞台
I'm not the greatest singer, the greatest actor or musician.
我不是最棒的歌♥手 不是最棒的演员
I'm not the greatest gymnast, I'm not the greatest performer,
我不是最棒的音乐家 我不是最棒的体操运动员 不是最棒的表演者
but I love being on stage,
但我喜欢站上舞台
and I think that's kind of propelled me
我觉得这促使我
to try to be really good at something that I like,
去把自己喜欢的事情做到很好
and in this case, it's science.
而这次我喜欢的 正是科学
I really fell in love with research.
我真的爱上了做研究
I studied genetics at University of Wisconsin.
我在威斯康辛大学读了遗传学
I got my masters in biotechnology from the University of San Francisco.
我在旧金山大学拿到了 生物技术硕士学位
I thought that going into scientific research, it would be relatively mundane,
我本以为搞科研会相对平凡一些
but what I found is that, it's quite the opposite of that.
但我却发现 结果完全相反
I have this crazy job where I'm being paid to travel to Guatemala
我找到了一份疯狂的工作 领着工资来到危地马拉
and make real advancements towards human health and medicine.
在人类健康和医药方面 取得真正的进步
Now, every time I come back, it's like a homecoming.
现在我每次回来都感觉像回家一样
Do you, like, ever smoke a cigar if you're not with me?
你没和我在一起时抽过雪茄吗?
-Mmm. -Ah. Once a year or something, or...
一年一次什么的 或是…
Kind of ritually when something good happens, or I don't like writing grants.
算是在好事发生时的一种仪式吧 或是在我不想申请拨款的时候
If I need to kind of let go, walk and think for a little bit.
如果我需要放弃 走一走 考虑一下时
My parents are American hippie ex-pats.
我父母是移居国外的美国嬉皮士
They were building a hotel in the '70s,
70年代时 他们修建了一间旅店
and they finished building it right before I was born.
在我出生之前才刚刚完工
My mother was always cracking the whip to be like,
是我母亲一直逼着我
"No, no, you go to college," because she never got to.
“不 不 你得去上大学” 因为她没有上过
My dad, he was always like, "Do whatever you want, just have good opportunities."
而我爸则一直是 “想做啥就做啥 只要有好的机会”
My mother was like, "Get your PhD."
我母亲却说 “去读博士”
Because of the tireless support of my parents,
因为我父母不懈的支持
I had opportunities to grow.
我才有机会成长
-Salud. Mmm. -Speaking of which, cheers.
-祝你健康 -说起这个 干杯
Hm, Martell.
马爹利
Back to just that...
总之 回到之前的话题
There were no embarrassing stories about you when you were little.
你并没有什么小时候的尴尬故事
They were very flattering.
都是些奉承的
I thought all fathers probably think their firstborn is just brilliant and smart,
我觉得所有的父亲可能都觉得 他们的第一个孩子优秀又聪明
and I've seen people brag about kids -that weren't that smart. -
我见过有人吹嘘 自己不那么聪明的孩子
Jake was really smart.
但我觉得杰克非常聪明
I didn't talk baby talk to him since he was about two.
从两岁起 我就不跟他讲儿语了
And in... When you went to the first grade,
当你上一年级的时候
your teacher had a meeting with me.
你的老师和我见了一次面
She said, "I've been teaching for 30 years and he's the smartest kid I've ever had.
她说:“我教书30年了 他是我见过最聪明的孩子
He's a genius. Do you know that?"
他是个天才 你知道吗?”
And I said, "I thought he was smart, but I didn't know about 'genius.'"
我说:“我觉得他很聪明 但不知道是不是天才”
When you were four, you asked me where babies came from and I said,
剧集 | 流行病:如何预防流感大爆发(2020) | 导航列表