剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表
That softens them and allows me to stretch them
这会让它变软,也就是恢复它在袋鼠身上的原有的特性
To bring them out to their natural state.
这样我就能拉伸它了
Then I'm going to braid them. I'm gonna do a four-plait braid.
之后,我会把4条皮编织起来
编入4条皮革
首次编织
That is using four laces.
这需要4条皮革
And this will comprise the inner and smallest core of the whip. This will be the center.
这条鞭子最终将是最里面那层鞭子,鞭子将以它为中心
Now you're starting to see where this is going.
你现在能看到我一步步的制♥作♥过程
That is called the belly, the first belly, The interior belly, of the whip.
这个,就叫做鞭核,在皮鞭最里面的皮鞭
I'm going to cover this belly with a bolster,
我将用一个称之为"保护垫"的一层皮来保护里面的鞭
Which is effectively a long triangle of leather.
其实就是个长的三角形皮革
That bolster will then get another belly laid over it,
之后这层"保护垫"外面又会被编上一层皮鞭
Because the indiana jones whips are what are called two belly whips.
因为琼斯的皮鞭就是编了2次的鞭子
The braided core and leather bolster is doubled up to form the second belly.
鞭核和鞭核"保护垫"已被编入第二层皮鞭
And in the middle of this meticulous process, Adam couldn't be happier.
亚当看到他精制的皮鞭中间层后,非常欣慰
In case you haven't guessed already, I loves me the bullwhips.
你没准不知道,我特别喜欢这条皮鞭
I started out inspired by "raiders."
我做这皮鞭的灵感来自于"夺宝奇兵"
I'm done with the second belly.
我已经把第二层做好了
And I quickly learned that I love two distinct things about the practice.
在这次实践中我很快的领悟到了2件事
These will be the 12 laces that make the actual outer coating of the whip.
我现在做的这个,将用12条皮编出最外面的一层
One was that I loved the practice itself, the craft of whip making.
第一件事就是我为何喜欢自己动手,因为实践出真知
The meticulous, repetitive stretching, checking, cutting, lacing.
细心,反复拉伸,视检,裁剪,编织
It is deeply meditative.
进一步的调解它们
Hold on, I gotta drink my own urine.
稍等,我得把我自己的尿喝了
I'm kidding, I wasn't drinking my own urine.
逗你玩呢,我没喝自己的尿
I was drinking someone else's.
我喝的是别人的不知道谁的
The second thing I love about it is the form and function coming together magnificently.
我领悟到的第2件事,就是让他们皮鞭的形态与功能一起展现出来
I mean, you've got this beautiful form of a smooth leather object
这光滑美丽的皮鞭
That is tapered from one end to the other.
从尖的一头到另一头是个锥形
Dude, it's looking so good.
你看,这皮鞭看上去太棒了
And then that tapering turns out not just to be lovely and compelling,
这个锥形不只是看上去很吸引人
But, in fact, crucial for delivering the energy from your hand
事实上,最重要的就是你甩出鞭子后
Out to the tip of the whip with the maximum amount of strength.
鞭子得尽最大可能把所有能量从鞭子末端释放出去
That is really cool.
那才是我想要的效果
I am really pleased with how this is looking.
我对这皮鞭的外观非常满意
For the finishing touches, Adam decorates the handle.
为了完成皮鞭收尾工作,亚当装饰了一下鞭子的手柄
And then, to make the whip actually crack,
之后,为了让鞭子有破解功能
Attaches two thin strips called the fall and the cracker.
装上两条薄带,称之为鞭尾和鞭须
The fall: 用于带动鞭子伸得更远以及提高鞭子末端灵活度
fall和cracker单词意思很抽象,大致意思为
长15cm轻盈的小鞭
鞭须
But will all that work pay off with a working whip?
那么问题来了,这鞭子实际效果如何?
All right. This is very exciting.
现在,我很激动
It sounds good.
声音听上去不错
Oh, that's pretty loud. Can you hit anything with it?
声音挺大嘛,要不要试试打打什么?
You know, I've never actually tried.
你应该知道,我从来没试过抽鞭子
Why don't I set something up? Let's do it.
要不要我帮你架起来点儿什么? 好啊
Indiana jones nonchalantly and surgically disarmed his armed foe.
冷漠无情的印第安纳·琼斯能轻易的让对手缴械
Come on.
给点儿力啊
Adam, however...
亚当无论如何...
...Can't seem to take out a few cans...
...也没能打掉一个罐子...
Not exactly precision shooting.
操作精度还是不够
Until he gets real close and the laws of probability weigh in.
直到他靠得近些,可能性变得大了些
Yes. He hit it.
没错,他击中了罐子
As long as I've got 10, 12, 15 tries,
我尝试了十多次终于中了
You are in trouble, man!
你摊上事儿咯
Yep, to find out if you can indeed disarm armed adversaries,
为了验证鞭子是否能真的让敌人缴械
Adam and jamie clearly need some expert help...
很明显,亚当和杰米需要专家的指导...
And a spectacular change of scene to set up for some temple run fun.
同时神庙逃亡的场景也会得到巨大的改进
Totally gonna get shot.
肯定会被射中
Indy's whip is a character in its own right in the "raiders" films,
Indy的皮鞭在"夺宝奇兵"电影里就是他的象征物
长度: 1.83m~2.44m
皮鞭
And it does some unbelievable things in the film.
而且这个皮鞭在电影里做了许多难以置信的事
First and foremost, He is able to disarm someone who pulls a gun on him,
首先也是最重要的,他能让敌人缴械
Just pullin' this off his belt and giving it a crack.
他做的只是用鞭子抽一下敌人
And that's what we're gonna do. We're gonna give that a crack.
我们就是要试试这个,看看能否像他那样给对手一击
But there's a problem.
但还有个问题
Now, I'm pretty good at making these,
虽然我做的这个鞭子很棒
But we've already established that I am not that good at operating them.
但我现在还不能完美的驾驭它
Let's just say you're a work in progress. Aren't we all?
你还得练练 你不也是么
Yep. To test indy's mythical ability to disarm gun-toting foes,
为了验证这则留言的真实性
Adam and jamie need a whole heap of whip-wielding tips
亚当和杰米需要从专家那里
From the very best in the business.
学习一些鞭子运用技巧
皮鞭大♥师♥,武器专家
安东尼·德·隆基斯
The science of the whip is the acceleration of kinetic energy.
藏在鞭子中的科学奥秘就是动能的加速
All energy added to the whip is multiplied.
施加给鞭子的能量会成倍释放
A small amount of focused energy literally produces explosive results.
一点聚集的能量能带来爆♥炸♥性的结果
Wherever I point the handle, this is where the whip is gonna go.
我把手柄指向哪儿,鞭子就朝哪儿去
So I'm literally aiming with my whole body,
所以我直接用身体瞄准目标
Instead of this kind of, "I sure hope this works."
就像是你在告诉自己,"这会起作用的"
That's pretty much the school I'm in.
我感觉像是在上学一样
Weight on the back foot. Weight on the front foot.
重心在后脚,重心在前脚
We've brought a lot of experts onto this show over the years,
一年来,我们在节目里请了许多专家来做客
But anthony might be my all-time favorite right now. And then...
但,安东尼没准是我这一年里最喜欢的专家
Now it's just timing.
试试找准时机
I have rarely ever had someone teach me something so quickly.
我很少能碰到能这么快教会我的专家
And I got results I really didn't think were gonna happen
我没想到这么快就能出成果
Within such a short period of time.
我没想到这么快就能出成果
Open your hand, straighten your arm, close your hand.
张开手,伸直胳膊,握住
Perfect. That totally worked.
很棒 效果很棒啊
This is awesome. This is a far more precise tool than I thought it was.
我觉得鞭子比我想象中的还要精准
Bend.
甩出去
We've gotten a lot of the basics of whip handling from anthony... Excellent.
我们从安东尼那儿学到了很多握持鞭子的基本操作 很棒
But now it's time to see if we can't use the whip to grab a gun out of somebody's hand.
现在,是时候让我们试试能否让对手缴械了
But it's important to note that we never actually see how indy disarms the bad guy.
但是我们没见过Indy如何让坏蛋缴械
So, to cover all our bases, we're gonna run a couple of tests.
因此我们决定自己测试一下,也算是学以致用了
Now, stretch it out and send it out.
伸出去,射出鞭子
Better. Okay.
嗯,进步多了
First, we're gonna see if that whip tip
首先,我们要看看如果甩出的鞭子
Could wrap around the wrist and/or the gun
能否绕在手腕和/或手♥枪♥上
And yank it in such a way as to spoil the shot.
并猛地一拉可以夺走枪♥械♥
We're gonna see if a direct hit to the wrist
然后,再试试如鞭子果力道足够大
With the whip tip is enough to make somebody drop the gun.
能否抽得让对手直接扔掉枪
This is the scariest thing I've done all day. Is it?
这是我今天最怕的一件事,难道不是吗?
Go ahead.
尽管来吧
Anthony: That was perfect. Adam: That was a nice crack you got there.
安东尼: 很不错 亚当: 很响亮的一声打在枪上
It was right on the tip of your thumb. that would have hurt a lot.
刚好在你的大拇指位置,如果打中会很疼
Jamie's making contact,
杰米更努力的尝试着
but there's no mythical grab and aim-spoiling pull.
但仍然没看到像流言一样的夺取枪♥械♥的效果
Go for the wrist, hyneman.
杰米,往手腕这儿打
That's it.
好样的
Not quite the first-time accuracy of indy,
初次玩鞭还是没Indy玩得顺溜
But novice jamie is dialing in on the technique...surprisingly quickly.
但新手杰米正在实践学到的技巧...越来越熟练了
Yes. Good job. There we go.
很棒,干得好 被鞭拉住了
All right, my turn.
好了,轮到我了
Did I get ya? Yeah.
我打到了吗? 打到了
Adam missed his target a couple of times and connected with me instead,
亚当每次都能打中,但每次都会掉下来
But he was actually able to wrap the tip of the whip around my hand...
但他有很大可能可以把鞭缠在我手上...
...To where he would be interfering with my aiming of that gun.
...阻碍我用枪瞄准他
And that was actually pretty effective.
那样的话效果已经很好了
The grab and tug is clearly plausible.
用鞭子绕住并拖拽是既有可能成功的
But what about the second option, the hit to the hand?
但,另一种击中对手的手的情况呢?
Would that force you to drop the gun?
可能会让你松开枪♥械♥吗?
Well, jamie, with the short straw drawn,
杰米套了个管状手套
Adds extra protection and prepares to face the whip-cracking might of the whip master.
增加一些特别防护措施,以备应对皮鞭大♥师♥鞭打的威力
I'm positive I wouldn't have been able
我确信,如果我没戴保护套的话
To hold on to that gun if I didn't have this glove on.
我肯定拿不住那把枪
It would be equivalent to somebody slicing at your hand with a sharp knife.
这和别人用刀划你的手一样疼
You'd drop the gun.
你肯定会扔掉枪
Yep, without padding, Jamie's dropping the gun every single time.
没错,无特殊防护的话,每次被打中,杰米都会扔掉枪
Yeah, I don't think there's any way
我觉得如果没有这个保护的话
I would have been able to hold on to this
根本没没法抓住这把枪
剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表