剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表
...稍后就将装上更宽的钢架
Using exactly the same bracing as in the photos.
换上和图片中相同的支撑结构
It's not pretty, but it'll do.
虽然不太好看,但效果会很好
Next, adam reinvents the wheel, as he secures the 12 aluminum paddles...
接下来,亚当改造了整个车轮,把12个铝制桨叶...
Bet that was riveting.
我赌5毛这东西肯定好用
...Directly to the spokes.
...直接装到了辐条上
Come on.
给点力啊
Last bit!
还差一点
Let's all cooperate.
都给我乖乖的竖起来
Got it!
完成
And when the new drive wheel fits like a glove...
新车轮完美适配上去后...
It's totally working
这玩意完全能正常工作
...It's time to get buoyant.
...是时候让他能浮起来了
Now, the way this bike achieves its amphibious nature
要想给自行车点上两栖行驶技能点
Is with these -- 5-gallon drinking-water jugs,
你需要几个19升的水桶
Which I have to mount to the steel frame of the bicycle,
然后把它装到自行车的钢制框架上
And I'm gonna do it with these pieces of strap steel.
我的做法就是把它装在自行车的外置钢架的扁钢上
I'm about to roll them in a machine called a...Roll.
一会儿我就把这个扁钢用一个叫"卷圈机"的机器卷弯它
Despite adding a large amount of steel...
尽管需要很多钢材...
Beautiful!
完美契合
...For both the straps and the bottle-jug frame...
...用于外置框架和固定水桶...
Oh, my gosh. this is a heavy bike now. oh, my god.
我的天,现在这车可沉了
...The bike should stay afloat, because each jug can support 40 pounds.
...这样自行车应该能浮起来,因为每个桶可承受18kg的重量
每个可承受18.1kg的重量
3.78升空气填充的水桶
And with eight jugs in total...
装上总共8个桶后...
This is the part of any project where I get genuinely kind of excited and thrilled.
这是我在做各种工程时候最令我振奋的部分
...The overall buoyancy should be plenty enough to support rider and rig.
提供的总浮力足以撑起自行车和乘客
There it is.
完成了
Ladies and gentlemen, the ugliest bike in all of creation.
女士们先生们,这是我造过的最丑的自行车
Now, it should have some nuts that lock these in the upright position so you can ride around.
这里应该有些固定装置把它固定起来,这样就可以在地上骑行了
And then, when you get to the water,
当你要在水中骑行时
You simply lower them down, and you're ready to ride on the water.
只需把它放下来就能在水中骑行了
This might just be an amphibious bicycle.
这车将会成为一个两栖自行车
It may be a dead ringer for the photos...
也许现在已经给那张照片敲响了警钟...
But down at the pool...
当自行车下水后...
So, what kind of job do you imagine that's an appropriate outfit for?
你穿成这样是要模仿什么职业?
...Will it be sink or swim?
...是沉是浮?
6,000 miles from morocco...
距离摩洛哥9656km某地...
I think I was supposed to turn off earlier.
我想我应该早点停车
...And adam and jamie's motorbike from motorcar has started well.
...摩托车的改装进展很顺利
I love it.
小车不错
Don't you love the suspension?
你不喜欢这车的悬挂系统吗?
But as deconstruction turns to construction, the guys' progress stalls.
当开始组装这辆车时,节奏有所放缓
The challenge is fairly significant.
这是个相当大的挑战
We've got this heavy thing,
这货
An engine which weighs hundreds of pounds,
光一个引擎就重达上百公斤
And it's meant to drive two wheels that are way off-center to the engine.
车有4个车轮的情况下,这引擎可以不放在车的重心上
But on a motorcycle, the engine needs to be in the center of gravity.
但摩托车不行,摩托车的引擎得放在摩托车的重心上
So we have to figure out some way to get the engine as close to center as possible
因此我们得想办法尽可能让引擎靠近车的重心
While still driving a wheel so we have power.
改装后如何能让车跑起来
And how that's gonna work, I have no idea.
以及如何让他正常工作,我毫无头绪
There's two key conundrums,
现在有2个难题摆在他们面前
How to provide power to a central drive wheel and how to do that without moving the engine.
如何能让车跑起来,以及如何改装车且不移♥动♥引擎位置
So, sir, I guess it's time to start talking about
杰米,我觉得我们有必要讨论下
How we're gonna get this thing balanced on a single line.
如何让它平衡在一条线上
I know.
嗯
I'd love to leave the engine where it's at and have, like,
我觉得引擎可以不动它
A wheel there and a wheel here.
那儿一个车轮,这儿一个车轮
You have any thoughts?
你已经有想法了?
Yeah, I do, actually. these things here are the output shafts...
对,这个东西作为动力输出轴...
Right.
可以
...So if that was simply placed right on a wheel...
...如果给它下面放个车轮...
Well... Hum...
嗯哼 呃...
...Just having that abrade on the wheel... Oh, abrade on the wheel.
...让他与车轮产生摩擦 哦,与车轮产生摩擦啊
...It could drive the wheel.
...这样它就应该能驱动车轮
Oh, dude. you know what I realized?
老兄,我大概懂你的意思了
We'd rather have the engine in the rear of the bike
我们让引擎留在车的后面
So we're not trying to move the whole engine,
这样我们就不需要动引擎了
And that actually works with the abrasion technique,
既然输出轴依靠接触轮胎驱动车行驶
Because it means the engine's running in the opposite direction than the wheel,
那么车辆就会往相反的方向开
So we can go in first gear and go that way.
这样,我们给车挂一档,车就会往那个方向开
Well, where a little while ago, we had no freaking idea what we were gonna do,
经过一阵讨论后,暂时还没想出什么疯狂的主意
Now, at least we have a plan of attack towards investigating a possible solution.
但现在至少有个有可能成功的计划可以尝试一下
And it feels like somewhere.
这个计划大概是这样
We've got our car frame with the engine at the front and the two wheels on each side.
现在这台车上装有一个引擎和4个轮胎
We're going to start by discarding two of those wheels
首先我们将先拆掉两个车轮
And reattaching the other two as close to the center line as possible.
然后把另外两个轮子尽可能靠在车的中心线上
The wheel under the engine will be the drive wheel,
放在引擎下的那个车轮可以被引擎驱动起来
And we're basically gonna shove it right up against the engine's output shaft,
并且,我们会把引擎动力输出轴压在轮胎上
So when the shaft spins, the wheel will also turn.
当动力输出轴转动时,下面的车轮也会跟着转
Now, the wheel will actually be turning in the opposite direction of the output shaft,
这样,车轮旋转的方向就会与输出轴相反
Which means that the thrust vector is reversed.
也就意味着车是向反方向开的
In other words, the back of the car is gonna become the front of the bike.
换句话说,原来的车尾改装后将变成车头
At least, that's the theory.
至少,现在有这个理论基础了
Ready? Yeah. 3, 2, 1.
准备好了? 好了 3, 2, 1
It's a plan that is undoubtedly complex.
这是个很复杂的计划
Nice. Excellent.
不错 很棒
But without access to power tools...
因为不能使用高级工具...
Ready? Uhhuh.
准备好了? 嗯哼
Okay.
好了
...Having the engine stay put is imperative.
...因此保持引擎不动是很重要的
All right.
行了
Want me to get this thing up and in?
要不要把它抬起来放入轮胎?
I guess now is as good a time as any.
我看可以
And after three hours of nontrivial teamwork...
经过3小时的不懈努力后...
Okay. 3, 2, 1.
预备, 3, 2, 1.
...The design is starting to take shape.
...他们的设计小有成果
There we go.
要进去了
Okay.
进去了
Down.
放下车身
There we are.
位置刚刚好
Bingo. Bingo.
刚好 刚好
Now we can finally explain what we've been talking about this whole time
现在我可以给你展开来说说我们的思路了
And you can see it in action.
来看这里
We've taken one of the swing arms from the back of the car
我们把车尾的一个摇臂
And put it on the front, which is the new...back of the car.
放在了车前面,那么这里就变成了新的车尾
Bear with me.
糊涂了吧,不要紧
That swing arm brings the tire underneath the frame,
这个摇臂能把车轮放在车框架下面
Where it is pressing into this, one of the output shafts from the engine.
轮胎受到引擎其中一个输出轴的挤压
Now, that output shaft goes in this direction
这个输出轴的输出朝向这个方向
Because this was the former front of the car,
因为这里是原来车的车头
But it drives the wheel in that direction
但他会驱动轮子向相反方向
Because this is the new rear of the car.
因为这里现在是车的后方了
And the groove lines up beautifully with this ridge on the output shaft.
现在,动力驱动轴完美的契合在轮胎上
Will this make the bike run? I'm not willing to say just yet, but I'm hopeful.
这车能跑吗? 现在还不能下结论, 但我希望它能跑
With the untested drivetrain in place, the guys move forward literally.
虽然没把握车能跑,但他们依旧有条不紊的改装着
Oh, baby, don't fail me now.
宝贝儿,你可别给我掉链子
Here we go.
开始
Adam's hacking through the car's rear-wheel swing arm...
亚当正尝试锯开后轮摇臂...
My god. This is like breaking out of jail.
我的天,这感觉就跟越狱似的
...So that it'll hook securely onto the front of the frame.
...之后将把它安全的装在车的前面
Oh, my gosh. starting to look like a motorcycle.
哟,越来越像摩托车啦
Adam's right. what was once a sassy citroen
亚当的做法是对的,这台时髦的雪铁龙
Is being transformed into a "mad max" motorcycle.
即将变成"冲锋飞车队"一样的摩托车
米勒和拜伦·肯尼迪改编自詹姆斯·麦考斯兰的原创剧本, 梅尔·吉布森担任主演
疯狂的麦克斯(又名 冲锋飞车队): 是一部1979年澳大利亚反乌托邦动作片, 由乔治·米勒执导,
So, we've managed to line things up without having to unmount the engine.
我们把零件都装在车上并保持一条线,并且还不用移♥动♥引擎位置
We've got the front wheel up here, and we've got our suspension system.
前轮也装好了,还附带悬挂系统
All we have to do now is hook up the steering
现在我们将接好方向盘
And then see how it balances and if we can control it.
以及控制车让它能平稳驾驶
I want to break in here and also point out that in order to control,
我想现在说下如何控制这台车
That's the gear shifter. that's the clutch. that's the brake.
剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表