剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表
这个是变速杆,这个是离合器,这个是刹车
One of us, I believe, will have to be sitting facing the rear of the motorcycle
我觉得我们俩中肯定有一人得面对引擎坐着
In order to maintain the controls, while the other's calling out what they need.
另一个人告诉操纵引擎的人该做什么操作
Which is kind of how it normally works with us, anyway.
不管咋样,这车还算能正常开
With one transformation coming together...
这边改装得差不多了...
How's their water bike working out?
水上自行车这边进展如何?
We're here at the brisbane community pool to test out adam's amphibious bike.
我们来到布里斯班社区游泳池,来测试亚当的两栖自行车
水陆两栖自行车果真存在还是P出来的?
车辆改装 #2
He should be done by about now.
现在他应该到了
Here I come.
我来咯
Oh, my goodness. Yeah. Isn't it pretty?
我的天啊 漂亮吧?
Adam's done a very careful job of replicating what we saw in the photos.
亚当精心的复刻了一个和照片中一样的自行车
But the thing is that he's a good 50 pounds heavier
但是,他可比原照片中
Than the woman we saw floating on that bike in the water.
里的女生重多了
I step into this bathroom an ordinary mythbuster.
一个普通的流言终结者进去了
And so what that means in terms of how deep the paddles on the wheel go
在某一层面上来讲,车下水会沉下去多深
And balance issues, just because she floated on it
以及车子的平衡问题,因为她能浮在水面上
Doesn't mean that he's gonna be able to.
不代表亚当也能浮在水面上
I come out super-amphibious-vehicle-commuter-mythbuster.
一个超级两栖自行车终结者出来了
So, just to recap,
我再重述一次
If what is claimed in the pictures is true,
如果照片上的内容是真的
This thing ought to be able to float, hold me up,
这车应该能让我浮在水面
Move me forward on the paddles, and be able to steer,
可以向前行驶,也可以转向
All while keeping me relatively dry.
相对的,我也不会被湿身
Yeah. Alright.
好啊 嗯哼
Good luck with that. Here goes nothing.
祝你好运 那这次我就不黑喂狗了
Amphibious bike in 3, 2, 1...Go.
两栖自行车测试, 3, 2, 1...开始
Okay, it's holding me up.
还行,我依然浮在水面
Okay, here we go.
好了,开始咯
That's not bad!
还不错
Okay, steering, trying to steer.
好的,现在开始尝试转弯
Hey, steering is not bad.
嘿,转弯效果还不错
Apart from some soggy shoes, it's a decent-enough start.
除了鞋湿了以外,现在是个很好的开端
But then...
但好景不长...
Now, I've got a little chain problem, which I've got to fix on the bike.
我这儿链子出了点毛病,我将会在车子上修复它
Fixing this chain slip in situ is no mean feat.
在水上直接修车可不是什么好事
But adam bends over backwards.
亚当采取了背对车把的修车方式
And soon, he's riding high.
没多久,就修好了
Hey! this is great!
嘿! 真不错诶!
Dude!
哇吼!
I'm on an amphibious bike!
我居然骑在自♥制♥的两栖自行车上
Yeah, I'm gonna go in a circle. here we go.
现在我来转个圈
Not exactly a tight circle, but pretty reasonable.
虽然转得不太好,不过这也可以理解
That seems like it's working really well.
看上去车子工作得很好嘛
Remarkably, the bike's not only buoyant, it's also got good speed and steering...
很明显,车子不仅能浮起来,既有速度又能转弯
I'm ready for my first day on the job.
我已经准备好就职驾驶员了
...At least, so far.
....至少现在,你还太嫩
I let my attention lapse for a second, and I go right over.
我刚一不留神,就一头栽下去了
Adam's off. and what's more, with him being unable to remount...
亚当落水了,更有意思的是,他再也回不到车上了...
...He's effectively down for the count.
...最终他还是落水了
Okay. I admit defeat. I can't get back on this thing.
我承认我失败了,没法再回到车上了
We found its fatal flaw.
我找到了它的致命缺点
This thing works surprisingly well, especially given that it's actually just improvised.
这玩意工作得非常好,虽然是亚当即兴之作的
It could use some improvements, though.
我觉得这车还能再改进下
I would say, first off, It'd be nice if you could use it without getting wet,
首先,如果你能不落水的话,这将会是个很好的车
Because if it's a commuter sort of thing, you don't want to have to change your clothes.
如果仅是为了上班通勤的话,你肯定不想湿漉漉的去上班
The pontoons aren't exactly streamlined,
这辆车改装得并不是太合理
And if they were, you'd be able to go faster with less effort.
如果做得合理些,你能骑得更快
And then, last but not least, I would say steering also could be improved.
还有一点,我觉得掌舵系统仍然可以改进下
Well, that went beautifully until I took my attention off it.
在我落水之前表现得不错
Then I went over, and there was no getting back on.
自从下了水后就再也上不来了
But all in all, it worked surprisingly well.
但至少它工作得还算满意
But, you know, it does give me an idea. What's that?
不过你让我有些好点子了 什么点子?
I think I can go one better. By all means.
我觉得我可以做得更好 通过各种手段吧
Adam and jamie's 2cv is undergoing a mechanical metamorphosis.
亚当和杰米的2CV逐渐地改造出形了
It's starting to look like a motorcycle.
越来越像摩托车了
And their next tack is the steering.
下一个任务就是掌舵系统了
We were thinking that we were gonna have to use a tiller to steer this,
我们计划使用方向盘来控制转向
Which is basically just a long stick, but those are real awkward.
虽然只是个装个转向轴,但也很棘手
That was satisfying.
一本满足
And since it has an existing steering system,
因为原车已经有一个转向系统了
I think I may just be able to jury-rig it to work,
我想我只需稍作改动就能用了
Even though now it's on the back side of the car.
无所谓改造的是不是车头
A steering wheel on a bike may be a little unusual, but necessity is the mother of invention.
虽然转向系统也许没什么用,但有总比没有强
Let's see here.
我来试试
Jamie. That works great.
杰米 效果不错嘛
It turns to the right, better than it turns to the left,
这玩意右转比左转效果好些
Well, so we'll just only make right-hand turns.
好吧,那我们就尽可能只往右拐吧
Next, the guys check the engine controls...
他们祈求上帝希望引擎能正常工作...
Clutch, break.
离合器,刹车
Okay, so the clutch works. brake works.
离合器可用,刹车可用
...Before crossing their fingers and firing her up.
...然后他们开始对引擎进行检查
That is badass, right there.
这车酷毙了
With the engine turning over, jamie literally wires in the throttle.
引擎启动后,杰米给油门加了根钢丝
It's a little crude, but my throttle is this piece of baling wire.
虽然是用钢丝粗糙的做了下,但至少能用
If I put a little crimp in it, like so...
如果我把它卷起一点...
...We accelerate.
...车就加速了
When I straighten it back out...
当我把它拉直后...
...We slow down.
...车就减速了
And with that, their motorcycle is all set.
麻雀虽小但五脏俱全
It's got two wheels, a unique drive system, gears, brakes, steering, and suspension.
车上装有2个轮子, 独♥立♥的驱动系统, 变速箱, 刹车, 方向盘以及悬挂系统
The only issue is that it takes two people to operate it.
唯一的缺点就是需要2个人去操作它
A driver to control steering and throttle and a passenger for clutch and brakes.
司机负责掌舵和控速,另一个乘客负责挂档和刹车
负责控制掌舵和控速
司机: 杰米
负责控制离合器、变速箱和刹车
乘客: 亚当
So, will it work?
这车能开吗?
I'm gonna start it up. Okay.
我要启动它了 好的
Come on, baby.
给点力啊
For run 1, jamie will drive, but adam will first jog alongside, changing gear as needed.
首次测试,由杰米驾驶,亚当跟随其旁,负责控制档位
All right. clutch in! first gear.
离合器闭合,一档
Yeah, baby!
耶, 宝贝儿!
That's a motorcycle!
这才像个摩托车嘛
Ignition's out.
已熄火
That was pretty cool!
哇塞太棒了
Incredibly, their motorcycle did move, even if 30 feet wasn't very far.
虽然只前进了9米,不过也算小有成就了
Can jamie better that benchmark in test 2?
杰米能在第二次测试中表现得更好吗?
There we go.
可以开始了
Clutch in. Okay.
离合器已闭合 好的
First gear. 3, 2...
一档, 3, 2...
Like last time...
就像上次一样...
That's a motorcycle.
这就是台摩托车
Jamie is in control, but just barely.
杰米还能控制得住,但没多久...
Stop it!
停车!
Stop!
停车!
Brakes worked.
刹车有效
Hey, I used the brakes!
嘿, 这刹车能用!
You were helping support it, though.
你在帮着车平衡吧
Oh, yeah. I was helping support it, man.
是的,我在帮着车平衡它
I'll do anything at this point.
我会帮你做任何事的
So, the good news is that we've got steering, we have suspension,
好消息是,各个系统都运转良好
And we have an effective way of getting power to the wheels.
车轮也能正常驱动
Stop it!
停车!
Stop!
停车!
The bad news is that you have to ride this sidesaddle.
坏消息是,车座位有些偏移
Combined with the fact that you've got this massively heavy weight up high,
事实上这台车又沉又大
And you're trying to balance it off to the side, it's effectively impossible to ride.
你还想坐在车的一边尝试平衡它,那样的话几乎没法开车了
It's frustrating. It is.
太令我失望了 是的呢
Because it's so beautiful. I know! this is the most beautiful thing we have ever made.
这车真的很不错呢 是啊!这是我们做过的最棒的东西了
Look, this little powderpuff here is beautiful, and it's postapocalyptic times five.
你看,这车简直漂亮,我们改造得让他漂亮五倍
But what it's not is a viable motorcycle.
但还是不能正常驾驶它
This is not the device that's gonna get you 20 kilometers
剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表