剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表
Tons of people try it out online with some mixed results.
很多人都做过相关测试,但测试结果众说纷纭
You all right? I'm good, dude.
你没事儿吧? 我没事儿
Bro, you are straight bleeding.
老兄你的鼻梁在流血诶
I think we should give it a go.
我觉得我们可以去测试一下
Fruit salad, here we come.
切水果,走起
Let's play.
开始游戏吧
This is "fruit ninja," one of my all-time favorite games.
水果忍♥者是我最喜欢的游戏之一
Yes.
棒
And the goal of the game is simple.
游戏玩法也很简单
Using a samurai sword, you slash fruit that is arcing into view in front of you.
使用武士刀切掉你面前的水果
5-fruit combo.
5连切
You can play on your phone or your tablet or a motion-sensing console like this.
你可以在手♥机♥、平板电脑或者带有动作传感器的游戏主机上玩
Oh! Missed a coconut.
哦! 漏掉了一个椰子
But I add a wrinkle to make it more entertaining.
但我为了更有可玩性
I use a real wooden practice sword called a bokken.
我使用一把练习用的刀叫做木剑
This is from my personal collection.
这把木剑来自于我的私人珍藏
Oh, man. If I ever meet some...fruit in an alley...its ass is mine.
如果我在什么地方见过某种水果,那肯定会被我切开
But is slicing fruit with a lethally sharp sword as easy in real life as it is in this game?
现实生活中,致命的武士刀切水果能和游戏中一样简单吗?
But how to test just that?
我们该如何测试这则流言呢?
Well, adam begins by establishing a virtual world benchmark over three 60-second time trials.
亚当首先在游戏中进行3次60秒的基准测试
I hope someone sees this and puts me...in a samurai movie.
我希望哪个导演看上我...然后让我出演他的日本武士电影
And jamie, standing well clear, gets his geek on.
杰米站在旁边,看他欢乐的玩着
While adam is slashing the air around him like a crazed maniac
而亚当在那儿像个疯子似的切空气
I'm more interested in the motion detection technology, because it's pretty cool.
我比较感兴趣的是那炫酷的运动检测技术
Inside the console, there's a combination of cameras,
在游戏主机上,有一组摄像头
Infrared projectors and depth sensors
红外激光发射器与深度传感器
That work together to turn your physical movements into digital consequences.
它们互相协助着工作,将你的动作信息转换为数字信息
They basically map your moving body and the space around you at a rate of 30 times per second.
它以每秒30次的速率探测你在空间里所作的动作
The integrated software then turns that constantly evolving information into a virtual avatar,
然后系统软件不断的把结果转换为一个游戏中的虚拟人物
Which, in this case, has deadly consequences for fruit.
这样,亚当就能以挥舞木剑的形式切开游戏中的水果
See what I mean?
懂我的意思了吧?
Adam is a veritable whirling dervish of digital destruction.
亚当就是名副其实的游戏苦行僧
And, when done, with the combination bonus points subtracted,
游戏结束,并且结果经过计算后
His average number of fruit hits is almost exactly 100 per minute.
亚当平均每分钟切100个水果
But when adam faces off against the real thing, will that score cut it?
当亚当面对真正的水果时,会不会也是这样呢?
676号♥建筑N一个废弃的X射线设施
梅尔岛海军基地
This is so awesome.
太酷了
禁止泊车
目前任何时刻
Right outside these doors, jamie and I have constructed a real-world simulacrum
在这扇门后面,杰米和我仿造了一个和
Of a level of the video game "doom"...
"毁灭战士"一样的场景...
...With weapons, ammo, health, and monsters.
武器、弹夹、医疗包以及怪物
Jamie and I will have to move through that labyrinth,
杰米和我将通过这座迷宫
Killing all the monsters, getting to the end and timing ourselves,
杀掉所有怪物,离开迷宫,最后记好所用时间
For time is going to be one of the critical metrics
时间将是其中一个用来鉴定
By which we compare reality to video game reality.
现实与虚拟之间的差距的条件
They're testing the myth that your avatar can carry an array of artillery...
流言的主要内容,就是不管玩家携带多少武器
All right, monsters. you guys feeling ready?
怪物们,准备好了吗?
...And continue to take out opponents with the same lethal efficiency and speed.
都不会降低通关速度,同时还能保证怪物受到伤害
When I say go, I want you to retreat to your position,
当我说开始后,请各自回到自己的位置
Then, when you see jamie, try and kill him.
当你们看到杰米时,尝试干掉他
You might notice that some of our zombies are armed with wrenches, not guns.
你可能注意到,一些将是手里拿的是扳手而不是枪
These are special wrenches which I actually built back in the shop.
这些其实是我在工作室里制♥作♥的特殊的扳手
They're basically a polyurethane foam
其实就是聚氨酯泡沫
Poured into a silicone mold with a piece of aluminum to keep it stiff.
浇注到涂有铝的硅胶模具中
Not many people think of mold making as such an active sport.
少数人觉得模具制♥作♥就像体育运动一样
Come on out to play, little wrench.
出来吧,小扳手
Painted in "doom" colors, what you end up with is something that looks like a wrench...
喷上和"毁灭战士"一样的颜色,最后它会很像一只小扳手...
Oh, I love pulling masking off. it's like christmas.
我很喜欢撕模具蒙皮,感觉就像过圣诞节一样
But is totally safe when you hit someone in the head with it.
用它击中头部是没有任何伤害的
Whenever you see someone swinging a wrench in a movie,
每当你看到电影里像这样的扳手时
It's probably one of these, so that when they hit someone in the face,
没准就是这样制♥作♥的,当演员用这扳手击中别人时
They don't actually hurt them. isn't that cool?
别人其实没受到什么伤害,炫不炫?
Will any of our monsters get to use their wrenches on jamie?
怪物如何去使用扳手攻击杰米呢?
That's the next question.
他们想怎样就怎样
Well, it's time to find out, because right now it's jamie's control.
是时候开始实验了,这次轮到杰米的控制组测试
For this first test, every time I see a new weapon,
首次测试中,每当我看到一个武器
I put the one I'm carrying down, pick up that weapon and proceed.
我就放下旧的武器,并改为使用新的武器
Now I have no idea where my enemies are.
现在我不知道这些敌人都在哪儿
That says it's gonna be tricky.
这将会是场恶战
Jamie, are you ready? I'm good to go.
杰米, 你准备好了吗? 我准备好了
Okay. Commence the test in 3...2...1. Go.
准备开始测试, 3, 2, 1, 开始
Okay, so with jamie in our "doom" area,
现在杰米已进入我们布置的游戏场景了
It's worth me clarifying a couple of things for science.
这让我想起有关科学的一些知识
First, the weapons we are using are props which fire darts
首先,我们使用的是发射♥颜♥料弹的道具枪
And not bullets, but crucially,
但更重要的是
We've strapped lead weights to them
我们给所有的武器都配了重
So their mass exactly matches that of the real thing.
这样这些武器的重量就和真家伙一样重了
Second, this is our control test.
第二点,这次是控制组测试
Every time jamie picks up a new weapon,
每当杰米捡起新的武器时
He'll put down the one that he had already been using.
他就得放下上一个武器
That's two down.
死了2个了
I think I'm home free.
我觉得我快赢了
We'll do the keep-and-carry-everything testtonce our controls are done.
在控制组测试完成后,我们将开始测试携带所有武器的情况
Finally, the data. when we come to call this myth,
最后一点,数据,我们做这个测试的重点
Our crucial metric is going to be time.
就是时间数据
How long does it takes us to complete the "doom" course
对比一下携带一个武器和携带所有武器
When we're carrying every weapon versus carrying one weapon at a time?
通关游戏所用的时间差距
And talking of time...
说到时间...
What quickly becomes apparent is that this is not just a sprint.
很明显,这不仅仅需要快速的完成游戏
Nice.
手感棒棒哒
That was a bona fide kill right in front of us.
我刚刚看到他非常好的完成了一次射击
With the monsters hidden randomly, jamie can't simply run from station to station.
因为怪物随机出现,导致杰米在游戏中走走停停
To stay alive, he has to take a more considered and tactical approach...
为了生存下去,他必须谨慎的与怪物对抗...
...Meaning the extra gear in test two...
意味着第二次测试中附带的所有装备
...May not slow him down as much as expected.
应该不会减慢他的速度
How was that? That was fun.
感觉如何? 太好玩了
I'm shootin' guys around corners.
每次我都在墙后面射击怪物
I'm like rambo.
我感觉我就是兰博
首次登场于大卫·莫瑞尔所写的1972年小说《第一滴血》中
约翰·詹姆斯·兰博是一名虚构的美国陆军绿扁帽特种部队退役队员
How long do you think it took? don't look.
你猜猜你用了多长时间? 别看计时器
Oh, I have no idea. what, 5 minutes?
我不知道诶,5分钟吗?
Um, actually, pretty close, just under 6 minutes.
事实上很接近了,刚好在6分钟以内
Yeah, that's great. it's actually pretty exhilarating.
太棒了,我很高兴
I'd pay good money to go do that.
我可是使出了浑身解数通关的
Now it is my turn to go through this level,
现在轮到我来过关了
But, of course, I'm just not gonna do it in street clothes. I'm gonna do it in costume.
当然,我不可能穿着这身服装进去玩,我有我自己的服装
Let's kill some monsters.
开始杀怪物吧
Oh, it was actually loaded.
哦,这枪已经上膛了啊
Like the hyneman...
如同杰米一样
Monsters, are you ready?
怪物们,准备好了吗?
Adam starts with his one-weapon-at-a-time control.
亚当也是同一时间只持有一把武器的控制组测试
3...2...1, adam, you're off.
3...2...1, 亚当, 可以上了
You know, you spend a lot of time talking through stories like this,
我们花很多的时间去告诉观众
Settin' 'em up and making sure the science is spot on.
这些实验是有要求和科学要点的
And then you're in the middle of it, and you're like,
当你在游戏中时
There are dudes walking towards me...
有很多怪物朝你走来...
And I've gotta shoot them.
我得去射倒他们
What could be more fun than that?
没有比这更好玩的了
Ah, you can hear the chainsaw spraying flesh and blood all over the walls.
你能听到链锯切割肉体的声音,还能想象到血液溅得满墙都是的场景
It's horrible.
太恐怖了
Yes!
真带劲
That was fun! You're alive. Dude!
太好玩了 你存活下来了 爽!
5 minutes, 38 seconds.
5分38秒
That was not only frickin' insane, but we actually, I think, got some interesting results.
虽然游戏难度不是很难,但我们得到了一个很有趣的结果
First of all, jamie and I completed the course in just shy of 6 minutes...
首先,杰米和我用了不到6分钟就通关了...
Which is, frankly, longer than I thought it would take.
但花费的时间比我预想中的要长
I was shocked, however,
我略有些意外
That there is so much tactical gameplay involved that we both took it slow and steady.
因为游戏中需要运用到许多战术,这降低了我们的通关时间
Now, of course, later, when we're doing the pick-up-and-hold-on-to-everything test,
稍后我们进行"携带所有武器"的测试时
It's going to be harder, but I'm not convinced it's gonna take longer,
虽然会比这难得多,但我不觉得会比这次用的时间多
剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表