剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表
...For adam's date with whip-swinging destiny.
...亚当命中注定的鞭子荡秋千那天终于到来
If you wondered exactly how adam and jamie
如果你对亚当和杰米的这个
Got the ball rolling on this indiana jones junket,
和电影中一样的巨石球好奇的话
Wonder no more.
现在就揭晓
Believe it or not, This is actually going to be our spherical temple-run stone.
这个一会儿就会变成神庙逃亡里的巨石球,爱信不信
Rise! Rise!
大大大大大大大...
Oh, hey, man. check it out.
嘿~海象,来看看这新玩意儿
It's our temple-run ball. Whoa, Dude!
这个就是我们的巨石球。哇,老兄不要这样子
So we've got our big, clear plastic ball,
我们现在有了一个充气球
But to make it look like a boulder,
但为了让它看上去更像是真的石头
We had the idea that we'll take this two-part foam
我有个办法,就是用双原料泡沫
And mix it together and slather it all over the surface.
将他们混合后涂在充气球上
If we do it kind of sloppy but in the right way,
虽然看上去我们做得不对,但实际是对的
It might just look like a big stone thing,
充气球最终会变成和巨石球差不多的样子
Which is what we want.
这就是我们想要的效果
That looks like a piece of stone.
这就像是一个石头似的
Inflatable stone? No problem.
充气石头? 没问题
It's called safety stone.
这个叫做 安全的石头
This test is all about the relationship between the whip and the tree branch.
这次测试的核心就是鞭子与树枝的关系
And so we've looked very closely at the film
我们仔细的观察了电影中的那个树枝
And tried to replicate the diameter of that tree branch
并尽可能的找了个直径相同的树枝
With this log and its placement above the chasm.
这根原木将放在深坑上面
Now, the next thing that we've got to do is take our whip
然后我们将鞭子
And throw it across the tree branch
甩到树枝上
And see whether it creates a knot
如果能打上结的话
That's strong enough to hold a person.
试试鞭子打的结能否经受得住人类的重量
Here we go.
黑喂狗~
Because if it ain't...
因为,如果鞭子不能(经受得住人类的重量)...
I've waited my whole life for this moment.
我等这个时刻已经等了一辈子了
...They're falling to their death.
...那就会被摔死
But before adam tests the strength of the swing...
在亚当开始测试鞭子的强度前...
Wasn't bad. That was not bad.
有点效果 的确有点效果
He has to actually secure the whip on the log.
他得先把鞭子绕原木上
This test goes down in history as one of my all-time favorites,
我坚持了这么长时间的爱好,现在令我非常失落
But it did not start out looking that rosy.
直到现在我也没看到一点起色
First, just trying to wrap the whip around the log,
首先,我得尝试把鞭子绕在原木上
I was not getting enough surface area, not getting enough friction.
既没有足够的外表面,又没有足够的摩擦力
I want to feel that solid bite, the leather on the log.
我特别想找到那种鞭子着实绕在原木上的感觉
What I really needed was a kind of a knot.
我最最希望的就是皮鞭"咬住"原木
Actually, the technical term is a half hitch.
术语里叫做"半扣结"
Oh, that looked so promising.
哦,刚才很有希望
Yeah. You had a crossover. I did.
你让鞭子交错在一起了 是的
I need a second crossover.
我需要他两次交错起来
But that tested my whip-wielding skills to the absolute limit.
这将会让我的鞭子运用技巧发挥到极限
Dude. That's not bad.
伙计快看 还不错
I think I got a hitch.
我估计它打上结了
Oh, man.
我了个去
Well, good luck there, buddy. I'm gonna stand back here.
嘛, 祝你好运, 哥们. 我靠后
With the whip grip seemingly secure, this is it.
鞭子看上去安全了,准备动身
This is terri...Actually, I'm genuinely scared.
这太可...其实我很害怕
Was indy's mythical swing to freedom feasible or a fictional fancy?
Indy神秘的荡过深坑,是可能的还是只是个幻想?
I'm good, I'm good. I'm okay.
我没事儿,我挺好的
So I got the loop around the log.
我把鞭子成功的绕在了上面
It felt really, really secure.
看上去非常安全
I think I got a hitch.
我估计它打上结了
And then just before my feet reach the other side,
在我要到达对岸之前
The whip unwinds from the log and I go tumbling.
鞭子松了,然后我就掉下去了
All right. We got to try this again. That was too much fun.
我们得再试一次,刚才那太好玩了
Even though adam fell, I have to say,
虽然亚当掉下去了,但我想说的是
I'm surprised he did as well as he did,
他做的很不错了
Because from this distance, You're only gonna get around three wraps out of it.
以这个距离来讲,你最多只能把鞭子绕上3圈
There you go.
上吧
So a single half hitch holding a close-to-200-pound guy?
所以,一个半扣结能经得住近91kg的人吗?
Pretty low odds, if you ask me.
要我说的话,概率太低
Oh, yeah. You're moving the whole log, dude.
老兄,你已经拉动了整个原木了
Am I? Yeah.
真的? 没错
I think you're gonna do it, buddy. Here we go.
我觉得你可以上了 好的
I thought that was gonna be mine!
差一点儿就成功了
Once again, the whip, and potentially the myth,
鞭子和留言的可能性
Unravels at the last second.
在最后一秒再一次被瓦解
But, as edison almost said,
爱迪生曾经说过
"mythbustering is 1% inspiration"
"流言终结者就是1%的灵感"
"and 99% repeatedly throwing yourself into a chasm for science."
"和99%次为了科学把自己扔入峡谷"
Oh, dude.
哦,老兄
Well, no guts, no glory.
不入虎穴,焉得虎子
No guts, no glory.
不入虎穴,焉得虎子
You're gonna make it. Oh. drat!
马上就成功了 哦,我靠
Three times so far, I've attempted to lasso our log
尝试了3次很接近了,我已经努力的尝试
With my whip and swing across this chasm.
让鞭子绕在上面并越过深坑
And three times, just as glory seemed within my grasp,
这3此,似乎鞭子不给我面子
The whip slipped and I fell to my death.
每次都打滑让我掉下去
But, for due diligence, we are going to cover our log
但为了尽可能正确的证实流言
With some bark-like friction material and give it another go.
我们给原木贴些假皮毛,增加点摩擦力,然后再去试试
This sandpaper, or our psuedo-bark, may not seem like that much.
这个砂纸,就是我们伪造的皮毛,看上去不是太像
But it may not actually take that much to allow the whip to bite.
但效果可能不会比之前好很多
Without this, it can just slide. It's almost like it's lubricated.
但没有他,就和涂了润滑剂一样滑
With this, it'll just give it a little bit of tooth
有了它,就能让鞭子咬得更紧
So that those coils can actually cinch onto the log.
这样鞭子就能更紧的缠住原木了
All right.
好的
One more time? Go for it. Okay, here we go.
再试一次? 上吧 好的, 黑喂狗
So, what difference will this small real-world detail make?
那么,这点小变化能带来什么不同结果?
A first-time grip, and it's looking good.
这第一次缠绕得看上去不错
But adam's been burned before.
但亚当之前已经失败很多次了
As many times as I've done this, it's still scary.
虽然跳了很多次,但还是有点害怕
All right. it's now or never.
好吧,不成功便成仁
Here we go.
要上了
Give me some!
来击个掌!
You could say adam's happy with the result.
你可以说,亚当对这个结果很高兴
Not quite an indy reaction, but, dude, we totally did it! Yeah.
我虽然没Indy那么高兴, 但, 老兄, 我们做到了! 是啊
All right. Throw me the idol.
好的,铜像扔给我
Come on.
快扔呀~
Well, the question now is, can you get it off there?
还有个问题,你能把它取下来吗?
Oh, right. Okay, here we go.
哦对,我试试
Come on, come on.
下来啊,你给我下来啊
So, once we added a little bit of friction, some bark, to our log,
在我们给原木加上增加一点摩擦力后
The whip grabbed easily and I swung across handily.
鞭子很容易的就绕住了,我也很轻松的荡了过去
It was beautiful.
太棒了
Come on, baby. Come on. This is the final thing.
你快下来啊,下来就有糖吃
Indy's whip grabs when you want and lets go when you want.
Indy的鞭子在他想逃走的时候挂住了
Come on, come on.
快下来,快下来啊
Now, I still don't think the whip
直到现在,我都不相信
Has the kind of magical properties that indy uses it
Indy手上的鞭子如同附了魔一样易用
As an extension of his hands.
Indy手上的鞭子如同附了魔一样易用
How does this work? There we go!
还有可能吗? 要成功了!
Almost.
差不多了
Awesome!
太棒了
But we've pretty much proved it can do everything we've seen in the movie.
我们几乎证明了在电影里看到的所有流言
With that, this archaeological adventure romps to a conclusion.
这一考古学上的冒险流言已得到结论
And indy's iconic status is quo.
Indy的偶像地位也成为了传说
Dr. Jones was not doomed in the temple.
琼斯先生并未在神庙内被宣判死亡
Indy really could have made it out? Easily.
Indy真的能逃出来? 很轻松
And when it comes to a tight spot...
当他站在紧要关头前...
You're gonna make it.
差点就成功了
...His trusty weapon...
...寄命于他的鞭子...
I think you're gonna do it, buddy.
你应该去试试,哥们
...Is all it's cracked up to be.
...最终逃出升♥天♥
剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表