剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表
其中一个设计方案来自于网络
And it worked on the water far better than we thought it would.
并且运转效果比我想象中的还要好
Thus, we'd like to run it through a full set of amphibious commuter-vehicle paces.
因此,我们想对两栖自行车进行完整的测试
At the same time, that design gave jamie some ideas,
同时,我的改装给了杰米一些灵感
And he thought he could improve upon the original.
他觉得他能把车改装得比原版还好
Thus, he's completed a bike we're gonna run through the same paces
因此他也改装了一辆自行车,并与我一同测试
To see if he has in fact succeeded at that task.
来证明他的设计方案是正确的
Jamie's proof of concept started well...
杰米的设计方案初期很有效...
...But ended badly.
...但结局不怎样
But a quick leak fix later, and jamie's all set for a duck-pond drag race.
经过快速的修复后,杰米已准备好进行直线速度测试了
Alright.
好的
You ready? Yeah.
你准备好了? 是的
Amphibious conversion, implement!
两栖自行车改造,开始测试!
The rules are simple.
规则很简单
The guys must transform their bikes into water mode...
他们需要把车调成水上模式...
Okay, where's number 1 pin? There we go.
第一阶桨栓在哪儿? 开始咯
...Before pedaling to a buoy and back.
...骑到浮标那里再骑回来
Here we go!
出发咯
And we're off!
正式上路
First back to the beach boasts the best design.
谁先完成谁就能证明他的设计是最好的
Leaving hyneman in the dust.
海纳曼被甩在湖边
I am happy to say that I handily beat jamie in the conversion to amphibious mode.
我车子的展开时间比杰米快很多,对此我非常自豪
I'm way ahead.
我比你领先呢
I was in the water a good, probably, 60 seconds before he was,
前60秒里,我在水上自♥由♥的飞翔
And pedaling furiously -- As furiously as I could -- towards our buoy.
尽最大可能的快速踩踏板,游向浮标
And I thought that I was gonna be able to keep up that lead.
我以为我会一直保持领先
I would say funnier things, but I'm getting tired.
虽然我想和你闲聊一会儿,不过我现在越来越累了
But sadly, I was totally mistaken, because once jamie started pedaling,
更闹心的是,当杰米开始前进后
It was really clear that his bike was so much more hydrodynamic than mine.
他的设计相比我的设计,他的更加符合流体动力学
Ohh! he's catching up!
他要追上我啦
Come on.
给点力啊
Come on. We've got to get some raw power.
神啊,赐予我力量吧
Jamie's so much faster in the water that he quickly overtook me.
这家伙就跟个海象似的那叫一个快,很快就超过我了
Now, I started pedaling harder, but I was in danger of skipping my chain.
然后我就更快速的蹬,但这也可能导致我的车子掉链子
And if I did, that was a guaranteed loss.
如果掉了链子,那我输定了
I thought this was mine!
冠军一定是我的
Come on. maybe I'll catch you upwind, jamie.
加油啊,没准你逆风行驶时候我会追上你呢
Yes.
没准呢
Here we go.
快使用黑喂狗!
So, I had to stay slow and steady.
所以我只能被迫放慢速度
Unfortunately, that didn't keep me a consistent distance behind jamie.
很不幸,我还是被杰米拉开了距离
Good luck there, little buddy.
傻了吧,爷先走咯!
He kept on outpacing me...
他一直领先于我...
Look. I can actually see a wake. he's leaving a wake.
你看,那里水流略急,他正驶出急流
...And ended up...
...比赛结束了...
...Reaching the shore a good probably 3 or 4 minutes before I did...
...他比我快3至4分钟先到岸边...
...And a lot less winded.
...他也略微气喘吁吁
Worked like a champ.
这车实在是好用
His bike won handily.
他很轻松的赢了我
Come on.
加油啊
I'm glad this turned out the way that it did,
我很庆幸我的改装能奏效
Because these shapes, even though they did take more work, were far more streamlined.
因为这些浮桶的形状,非常符合流线型设计
And it was quite easy to move it through the water.
因此也更容易穿梭于水中
The amount of effort, due to the size of the paddles, was lower.
由于桨叶更小,这样我能也更省力一些
It meant that I could pedal a little quicker.
也就是说我能让桨叶旋转得更快些
It did sling a little more water up my butt, but I'll settle for that.
虽然有一些水被甩到我的屁♥股♥上,但不碍大事
All in all, I'm pretty happy with how it behaved.
总而言之,我对这车的表现非常满意
Well, I am impressed with the design we pulled off the internet.
我对网上照片中的这个设计非常震惊
I'd say it's confirmed. Yeah, I'd say, as well.
我觉得,流言证实了 我同意你的观点
This one worked better, but the concept is sound. Absolutely.
虽然我的更好,但知道你的车证实了流言 没错
Alright. If you don't mind, I'm gonna walk back to the car.
好的,如果你不介意的话,我想步行回去
Okay. I'll race you. Okay.
行,看看我们俩谁更快 好的
So, one tale of transformation is triumphant.
这个流言现在已经证实了
Will their motorcycle from motorcar make it two for two?
他们的改装摩托车也能成功吗?
You know, over the years, Jamie and I have gotten the chance
多年以来,杰米和我很荣幸的
To ride on some pretty unconventional vehicles.
驾驶过一些奇葩的交通工具
We've sailed in a boat made solely of duct tape...
第13季08集
...Driven a sports car mounted backwards on its frame...
第10季18集
...Driven a truck with square wheels...
第12季03集
Heck, we've even taken a ride in the mouth of a great white shark.
好象是12季特辑2
How is this little puppy gonna compare to that litany of amazing vehicles?
那么,这台车会和之前的那些有多少不同呢?
Well, you're gonna find out very soon.
马上我们就开始测试
Jamie and I have been investigating a very cool story
杰米和我调查了一个非常炫酷的流言
About a frenchman who turned his car into a motorcycle
内容是一个法国人把一台车改装成了摩托车
To get him back to civilization.
并驾驶它回到了人类文明社会
Now, jamie and I turned our car into a motorcycle...
现在,杰米和我也把一台车改装成了摩托车...
That is a badass right there.
这车酷毙了
Except that, well...we couldn't drive it.
就算经过改装,我们也无法驾驶它
Stop it!
停车!
Stop!
停车!
So we've gone back to our motorcycle, reconfigured it to the frenchman's specs.
因此,我们将以那个法国人的设计再次对车进行改造
And now we've come back where this all began,
然后我们又回到了这里
At the alameda runway, to see just how drivable this motorcycle might be.
在阿♥拉♥米达跑道上,我们再次测试这台摩托车的可驾驶性
After a double transformation, their "mad max" motorcycle is on the final straight.
经过两次改装后,他们的摩托车将接受最后的考验
But will it be their ticket to ride?
这台车最终能上路吗?
Jamie's up first.
杰米先来测试
The bike now feels much, much better.
现在我感觉这车好多了
But it's either gonna work or it isn't.
不管这车能否正常行驶
Hopefully, I can bail out without breaking my legs on it.
我只希望别弄断我的腿就好
With stable steering and a lower center of gravity...
改造后的车更稳定,重心更低...
Come on, baby.
启动吧
...This bike should be better balanced.
...这车现在应该更易于平衡
You feeling good?
你觉得怎样?
He he, no!
呵呵,不咋地
But with reverse gear as its only option,
因为倒档是唯一的选择
Will it go fast enough for a smooth ride?
那么车速能够它平稳的行驶吗?
Here we go. 3, 2, 1.
准备. 3, 2, 1.
[Shit!]
[卧♥槽♥!]
[Holy shit!]
[我了个大槽!]
Dude!
哇塞
Well, it was sort of going. That was going!
它的确行驶了一点 是啊
But I got to say, that was...
不过我得说...
That was actually a pretty good rpm, and it was barely enough to keep it upright.
引擎转速足够快,我勉强能操控这台车
Well, if that was your only way back to civilization,
我们只有这一种办法回到文明社会
I would choose this over nothing.
除了它我们别无选择
I'm not so sure.
我也不太肯定
Despite the unstable start, jamie did travel 100 feet,
尽管开头不太稳定,但至少驶出了30米
Twice as far as his previous best.
车跑得比前两次测试快很多了
But with reverse gear providing little in the way of thrust, balance was still a beast.
虽然倒档也能提供一定推力,但依旧无法保持平衡
Wha! Oh, no.
哇! 不要啊
So, it's adam's final chance.
亚当最后再给这车一次机会
With the rpm cranked to the very max...
引擎加到最大马力后...
This thing is terrifying!
这车太吓人了!
...Will he escape to victory?
...他们能否逃出荒漠?
I have ridden a lot of vehicles in my life.
在我的一生中,我开过很多车
This is hands down the scariest thing I've ever straddled.
这是我骑过的最吓人的摩托车
Look at it this way, I'm able to jump free,
仔细看这儿,我还能跳离摩托车
As evidenced by the film we just got,
就像电影里一样跳离车子
But if I didn't jump free,
如果我不跳走的话
If I got any part of me caught under this 600 pounds of steel,
如果我身上任何地方被这近300kg重的车压到
I would be seriously, seriously damaged.
那么我绝对,绝对会受伤
That's the definition of "scary".
这就是"惊恐"一词的定义
With a total journey of just 150 feet...
短命的摩托车仅仅行驶了不到50米后...
...It's not good news for the myth.
...这则流言可能撑不住了
This one is so close.
这实在是太接近了
It's right on the knife edge between busted and plausible.
刚好就在"终结"和"有可能"之间的刀刃上
But let's look at some of the parameters.
我们现在还是来看看一些数据吧
Every two-wheeled vehicle
每台两轮的车
Needs a certain amount of forward speed in order to stay balanced.
都需要达到一定速度以保持平衡
And this thing, which can only run in reverse gear, remember,
受到车辆引擎的限制
Because of the way it's mechanically driven,
剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表