剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表
花费在受人欢迎的游戏产业上
And first person shooters pride themselves on their intense realism.
游戏带来的真实感也让玩家非常激动
But exactly how real are they?
但游戏能有多真实呢?
It's time to find out.
是时候探明了
With a control under our belt, it's now time for jamie and I to run our "doom" level again.
控制组测试完成后,是时候重新开始测试了
This time, though, instead of putting down weapons when we find a new one...
这次,不像上次那样只持有一把武器...
We are keeping everything.
而是有多少武器就捡起多少
I got ammo.
我填充好了子弹
The question is, will it take us radically longer?
问题来了,这样会减慢我们的速度吗?
Will we die? frankly, we don't know.
我们会死掉吗? 事实上我也不知道
What we do know is that there's a lot to lug.
我们目前所知道的就是会有很多武器被携带在身上
Along with two ammo boxes and three medical kits,
除了携带2个子弹箱和3个医疗箱
There's nine "doom"-approved weapons
还有9把和"毁灭战士"一样的武器
Which, when combined, have a total payload of 80 pounds.
他们总共加起来重达36.29kg
Will that be more than a match for the mythbusters?
他们两个能扛得住这些东西吗?
Well, first up, it's jamie, whose control run took 5:53.
首先是杰米,他的测试组成绩是5:53
That's awful.
太吓人了
Jamie, are you ready? I'm set.
杰米你准备好了吗? 好了
Startin' the test in 3, 2, 1, Go.
准备开始, 3, 2, 1, 开始
Like last time, jamie immediately encounters a backpack, equipment sling, and handgun.
像上次一样,杰米装备好背包、吊绳以及手♥枪♥
Where are ya?
都藏哪儿去了?
But unlike last time...
但和上次不同的是...
When he finds gun two, he doesn't drop gun one.
当他捡起一把枪后,仍然携带上把枪
Don't mess with me.
别嚣张,小心我削你
I wonder if he's gonna carry the ammo in his backpack.
我猜杰米会带上背包
Knowing jamie,
我很了解他
He might connect up all the slings on the weapons and just drag them behind him.
他很可能把武器和吊绳一起系在背包上
So you might be thinking that carrying 80 pounds of gear would definitely slow you down.
因此,这样可能导致杰米因带着36公斤的武器会拖慢他的速度
But I want to point out, there's two wrinkles to this story.
但这其中还有很重要的两点
First, we've set up a test that requires tactical gameplay,
首先,这个游戏需要战术参与其中
Which means there's not much rushing in the first place.
也就是说不需要太快的过关速度
Next!
来正面上我啊
And second, there's adrenaline.
第二点,肾上腺素的作用
Adrenaline, the so-called flight-or-fight hormone,
肾上腺素,也叫做"应对战斗的荷尔蒙"
Is released in times of stress, And it basically preps your muscles
在你紧张时候就会释放出来,主要作用于你的肌肉
So they can work harder and faster for longer,
因此杰米可以更持久的战斗
And believe me, jamie is feeling some stress right now, and his adrenaline is pumping.
然而杰米现在正经受着压力,他的肾上腺素也在分泌着
Adam's theory may be sound...
亚当的定理也许是对的...
Crap.
我靠
Because halfway through, jamie's kept up with his control.
因为游戏已过半,但时间仍然小于控制组的耗时
That is seriously the most twisted santa claus image I have ever seen.
那简直是我见过的最扭曲的圣诞老人形象
But that doesn't last long.
但好景不长
Because soon, the combination of weight and bulk starts to take its toll.
不久,所有武器的重量和体积让亚当体力不支
Okay, this is getting to be absurd.
好吧,现在越来越扯淡了
He gets in such a tangle...
他越来越混乱了...
That the final ammo box gets kicked to completion...
以至于最后一个子弹箱都是踢到终点的...
To reveal a duration that's double.
这也导致他花费两倍的时间才通关
Well, christmas has come early.
圣诞节比以往来得早了些
How was that? That was awful.
感觉如何? 简直糟糕
Really?
真的?
That just took all of the fun out of it. Really?
我一点儿也不想玩了 不会吧
Yeah, I mean, uh, after the first couple of guns, stuff starts fallin' off.
刚开始还好,越往后武器越难缠
It was like, okay, I could take my time and spend a half an hour
我感觉需要花半个小时
Neatly packing and hooking everything on,
来整理身上的武器
But... Yeah.
但... 是啊
That's not the way this is supposed to work.
但那可能一点也不奏效
Well done. have a rest, and then I'll gear up.
你可以歇着去了,一会儿我上
Now it's time for me to go through the "doom" level, picking up everything.
现在轮到我去试试携带所有武器的感觉了
And I know jamie said that it removed the entire fun quotient,
杰米还说,一点乐趣都没了
But, frankly, I think I might be better at distributing the load than he was.
我觉得,我能更好的分配身上的负载
He was just carrying everything like a bag of groceries.
他那样子简直就是把所有东西往身上一挂就对付过去了
I can't wait. Here we go.
我等不及了,黑喂狗!
Adam, are you set? I'm ready, sir.
亚当,你准备好了吗? 准备好了
Adam has a plan to bring this myth back from the brink.
亚当的计划也许能把这个流言拯救起来
Jamie ignored the backpack and packed his weapons poorly.
杰米不使用背包,而是把武器挂得满身都是
Dead.
死了
Adam, however, is going to lock and load efficiently...
亚当尝试更有效的分配负载...
He's dead.
他死了
Using the utility backpack and equipment slings properly.
适当的使用背包和吊绳
One shot!
一击命中
But there's no getting around the actual mass and bulk of the gear.
但此时身上已没有足够空间用来挂武器了
It's starting to take its toll.
越来越费劲了
Here we go. Aah!
起来啊! 啊!
And in the heat of the action...
随着负重越来越多...
They'll never hear me coming!
听不到我,听不到我
His neatly packed plan begins to come undone...
他的负载优化分配计划也越来越离谱...
Oh, crap. another ammo case.
我靠,又是个子弹箱
This is killin' me.
累死了
...As he slows to a painful-to-watch crawl.
...他的成绩越发无法直视
You made it.
你做到了
Yeah! That was a freakin' nightmare!
哇! 那简直就是噩梦
Isn't that awful?
糟糕不?
I was doin' okay until about halfway through.
前半段没啥问题,越往后越完蛋
And then...
然后...
And then I just couldn't strap anything else to my body.
然后我就再也没办法往身上挂东西了
I'm just gonna just take a nap right here.
让我小歇一下
Now, based on jamie's and my performance, it would seem that the myth is busted.
以杰米和我的能力来看,流言应该是终结了
But while we are in reasonable shape,
但还有个问题
We're nowhere near close to that dude that you are controlling when you play "doom."
我们和"毁灭战士"里的游戏人物差距太大了
That's where this guy comes in.
这就是我们请他来的目的
Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to brendan schaub.
女士们先生们,请允许我为你们介绍布兰登·斯查布
He is a UFC heavyweight contender.
他是一位终极格斗锦标赛的重量级选手
And at 6'4", 245 pounds and an expert in many martial arts,
身高1米93,重达111公斤,也是一位武术专家
身高: 1米93, 体重: 111.13kg
布兰登·斯查布
He is in every way equivalent to the dude you are controlling when you play "doom."
他的各方面都和游戏中的人物相同
We're gonna run him through this level, and then we'll make that call.
我们将让他来通一次关,然后再下结论
As adam has comically concluded...
亚当滑稽的表演过后...
Oh, my gosh. I'm missing everything.
我的天啊,一个都没切到
Mastering the three dimensions of real-world flying fruit
在现实世界中切开空中的水果
Is not nearly as simple as the game would have us believe.
没有像游戏中那样容易
The fruit in the game is larger and floats in the air for longer,
游戏中的水果更大,停留在空中的时间更长
Meaning the numbers just don't add up.
也就是说,实际成绩不理想
But jamie's not done yet.
但杰米还没出场呢
Samurais and ninjas and swords and things like that --
武士和忍♥者以及武士刀什么的都还 --
They're fine,
都还不错
but they're a little passé.
但实在是有些过时了
Jamie's gearing up for something you should not try at home.
杰米使用的装备,你可不能在家尝试哦
He's following the "mythbusters" mantra that if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
杰米将流言终结者精神贯彻得非常过火
Welcome to "fruit chainsaw".
欢迎收看"水果恋锯"
Nowadays, we use chainsaws.
现在,爷用的是链锯
Tackling fruit with a sword is one thing.
用武士刀切水果是一种办法
But with a chainsaw...
但改用链锯...
It's something else.
结果大不相同
I mean, all you have to do is touch it,
也就是说,你只需让链锯接触水果
引擎马力: 6.04hp
链锯
And thanks to that chain goin' a bazillion miles an hour,
然后看看飞速旋转的链锯
You've got instant fruit salad.
然后水果就被切开了
切片速度: 24.384m/s
链子转速: 13000转/分钟
So if you find yourself having to hack away at flying fruit...
如果你能找到一种投机取巧的办法来切水果...
It's hard to beat.
估计没我的效果好
Beautiful!
太酷了!
Jamie's chainsaw was unbelievably effective.
杰米的链锯的使用效果简直优秀
I was really kind of worried that the fruit would
之前我还担心水果
Skip off the edge of the blade, but...
可能从锯旁边弹走,但是...
Oh, man! It was actually so much more awesome-looking on camera than the sword.
哦我的天! 链锯简直秒杀武士刀
I'm thrilled. I want to keep going. can we do some more?
我现在特兴奋,还想继续玩,导演 我们还能继续玩吗?
I've got to say,
我不得不说
This is some of the sweetest-smelling carnage we have ever produced on this show.
这是节目播出以来最甜的大屠♥杀♥
How do you want to call it?
你觉得流言结局怎样?
I'm gonna say it's much harder to play "fruit ninja"
不得不说现实生活里玩水果忍♥者
In real life than it is in the game, but it's also much more fun.
剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表