剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
What's up with him?
他是怎么了
He says he needs five minutes.
他说他需要五分钟
Man, did I wake up with a headache this morning.
我今早起来头好疼
Hey, you left kind of fast last night.
你昨晚离开得好快
I hope I didn't say anything dumb.
希望我没说什么蠢话
You know, about the date.
约会的事
Gordon, it's fine.
戈登 没事的
Oh, great. I mean, you know, good.
好啊 那就好
I'd love his number.
把他的号♥码给我吧
Unless, you know-- if it would be weird...
除非...你会觉得别扭
No.
不
No, I mean...
不会
Yeah, no problem.
没问题
Oh, you're here.
你来了
You're all here.
你们都来了
Let's get started.
我们开始吧
Berners-Lee wrote HTML to view and edit the Web,
伯纳斯·李编写HTML是为浏览 编辑万维网
HTTP so that it could talk to itself.
编写HTTP是为了网络内部沟通
The chatter could be cacophonous.
通信网络可能嘈杂混乱
It could be deafeningly silent.
也可能寂静无声
Big picture-- what will the World Wide Web become?
看大局 万维网会成为什么
Short answer-- who knows?
简单回答 谁知道呢
Okay, so, what's your point?
你想说什么
It's a waste of time to try to figure out
去设想万维网会成为什么样子
what the Web will become. We just don't know.
根本是浪费时间 我们不可能知道
Because right now, at the end of the day,
因为现在 说到底
it's just an online research catalogue
它还是线上的学术研究目录
running on NeXT computers
只在NeXT上运行
on a small network in Europe.
还局限于欧洲的小范围网络
So, you're saying everything we've talked about
那么你是说 我们来之后
since we got here has been a waste of time?
说的一切都是浪费时间
I'm saying, let's take a step back.
我是说 我们后退一步
Literally, a step back.
真正的退后一步
Yeah, but what is this on the board?
你在板子上写的是什么
It's the code for the Web browser.
是浏览器的代码
And you wrote it all on the whiteboard.
你给写在白板上了
The online catalogue of research?
线上学术研究目录
Full of Norwegian dudes, physics papers,
全是挪威人 物理论文
and particle diagrams and stuff?
和粒子图表什么的吗
Yeah, and we care about this because why?
我们为什么在意这个
How did we all get here today?
我们怎么走到今天的
The choices we made,
我们做的决定
the sheer force of our will, something like that?
我们的意志吗
Here's another answer-- the winds of fate.
还有一个答案 命运的吹动
Random coincidence, some unseen hand just pushing us along.
随机巧合 无形之手推着我们前进
Destiny.
宿命
How did we all get here today?
我们今天怎么走进来的
We walked through this door.
我们走过这扇门
We don't have to build a big white box or a stadium,
我们不用建个大白盒子或体育场
or invent rock and roll.
或是发明摇滚乐
The moment we decide what the Web is, we've lost.
我们一旦对万维网有特定的定义 就输了
The moment we try to tell people what to do with it,
我们如果想教别人拿它怎么办
we've lost.
就输了
All we have to do
我们只需要
is build a door
建一扇门
and let them inside.
让他们进来
When I was five,
我五岁时
my mother took me to the city.
我母亲带我去城里
And we went through the Holland Tunnel, and it was basic.
我们穿过荷兰隧♥道♥ 它很简单
Concrete and steel.
钢筋混凝土
But it was also my excitement sitting in the backseat,
但我坐在后座 兴奋无比
wondering when it was going to be our turn to emerge.
不知什么时候轮到我们走出隧♥道♥
It was the explosion of sunlight.
阳光像爆♥炸♥一样
And when we exited the tunnel,
我们出了隧♥道♥时
all of Manhattan was laid out before us.
曼哈顿全部展现在我们眼前
And that was the best part of the trip--
那就是旅行最棒的部分
the amazing possibility to be able to go anywhere
在一个了不起 没有尽头的东西里
within something that is magnificent and never-ending.
有无尽探索的可能
This is the first Web browser,
这是第一个浏览器
the rudimentary one CERN built to view and edit research.
CERN为审阅编辑研究建造的基本版本
I wrote it up here for you to see how simple it is.
我写出来就是为了让你们看它多简单
It takes up one whiteboard-- that's basic concrete and steel.
只需要一块白板 这就是基本的钢筋混凝土
But we can take this and we can build a door,
但我们可以拿它建造一扇门
and we can be the first ones to do it.
我们可以成为最早做的人
Because right now, everyone else sees this as--
因为现在 其他人都把它
As an online research catalogue.
视为在线研究目录
Running on NeXT.
在NeXT上运行
On a network in Europe.
在欧洲的一个网络上
And with this handful of code, we can build the Holland Tunnel.
有了这些代码 我们就能建荷兰隧♥道♥
I don't see it.
我看不出
I don't. I mean, is it a door, or is it a tunnel?
我看不出 它是门 还是隧♥道♥
Or is it the Tower of Babel?
还是巴别塔
Or is it a Rosetta Stone, or is it a stadium?
还是罗赛达石 还是体育场
You can't even decide on a metaphor.
你连隐喻都决定不了
And if the big idea here is the browser,
如果浏览器是最重要的点子
and it's that easy to build, then it's not a big idea at all.
而且它那么容易搭建 那就不是个好点子
It's a foregone conclusion.
是定局
And how can we win at something when anyone--
而且这我们怎么能赢
anyone, including Xerox and Apple
任何人 包括施乐 苹果
and all the actual players from your little Hypertext shindig,
和超文本盛事上那些真正的玩家
can step in at any moment and crush us?
都随时能进来 碾压我们
It will be competitive,
它是有竞争力的
because whoever owns the door can charge admission.
把着门的人可以收入场费
But I sincerely believe that with the people in this room,
但我真心相信 有了这间屋子里的人
we have a chance to build the best--
我们有机会建造最好的...
And what makes you think
而且你凭什么认为
you have all the people in this room, Joe?
这屋子里的人都会听你的 乔
Come on, Cam, let's go.
走吧 卡梅 我们走
Come on, Cam. Let's go.
走吧 卡梅 我们走
Let's cut the bullshit, Tom.
我们废话少说 汤姆
Your problem isn't the idea.
你不是对这个点子不满
You're right, Joe.
是啊 乔
Do you know what my problem is?
知道我对什么不满吗
I don't want to see Cameron end up like Ryan.
我不希望卡梅伦最终像莱恩一样
Tom!
汤姆
You say his name one more time--
你再敢说一次他的名字
Ryan. Do you remember him?
莱恩 你记得他吗
Well, hey, lucky for us, wives don't get a vote.
幸好 配偶没有投票权
You--
你
Oh, my God.
天啊
Tom!
汤姆
Joe!
乔
Joe?!
乔
Go!
快去
I know. You're lucky you're not dead.
我知道 你没死算走运了
Listen, Joe, if we have any chance in hell at this,
乔 如果我们还有一丝机会
it's this kind of personal bullshit
这种私人问题
that's going to sink us before we even start.
会让我们根本没机会开始
Us?
我们
Yeah, Cameron was right.
是啊 卡梅伦说得对
There's no such thing as the future, hey?
根本没有所谓未来 是吧
All there is is now.
只有现在
Maybe we're not early.
或许我们没有太早
Maybe if we do it now, we could be the first.
或许如果我们现在做 就能做第一个
Regardless, I am done waiting.
不管怎样 我不想再等了
I can't let this one get away.
我不能放过这次机会
Then don't.
那就别
Hey, he's fine.
他没事
He broke his wrist, but he's okay.
他手腕断了 但没事
What happened at COMDEX?
计算机分销商展览上发生了什么
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表