剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
right, Tom?
对吧 汤姆
With HTTP, any machine can become a client,
有了HTTP 任何一台机器都能做客户端
any machine can become a server, easily exchanging files.
每台电脑都可以当服务器 轻松交换文件
No, files are FTP,
不 文件传输是FTP
as in File Transfer Protocol.
也就是文件传输协议
It's the one that has "file" in the name of it.
名字里本来就有"文件"俩字
What I am saying is HTTP will eventually supplant FTP.
我是说HTTP会最终取代FTP
What I'm saying is it can do it all.
我的意思是它是全能的
That's interesting.
这个说法有趣
Really? FTP? That's interesting?
不是吧 FTP还有趣
I'd like to get back to an important point--
我想再次强调非常重要的一点
simplicity.
简洁性
Both HTML and HTTP are breathtakingly simple.
HTML和HTTP都极致简洁
And this kind of elegance allows for versatility,
而这种简洁让它用途广泛
it allows for universality--
具有通用性
Yes, a universal language, like I said.
没错 就像我说的 一种通用语言
And the best part is, the online catalogue viewer,
而最妙的一点就是在线目录查看器
the transfer protocol, the Web server software,
传输协议和网页伺服器软件
all of it is free.
全部都是免费的
I have a problem with open source.
我不赞成开源
You do? Yeah, I do.
你不赞成 没错
Do you know how many bad video game pitches
你知道我手上每天要过多少份
I sit through every single day?
糟糕的电子游戏方案吗
The only way SEGA stays SEGA, or Nintendo stays Nintendo,
世嘉和任天堂长♥期♥保持水准的原因
is by not turning those pitches into products.
就是不让这些破烂游戏上市
That's not No, no.
这不是... 不 不
Because open source
因为开放源码
allows the lunatics to run the asylum.
就相当于让病人自己管理疯人院
And every time-- every time--
而每次 每一次
you put well-made code out into the world,
你向世界推出精心编写的代码
for people to screw around with,
放任阿猫阿狗拿来折腾
it causes major problems.
就会产生极大的问题
I mean, just look what happened to MacMillan Utility.
你看看麦克米伦实用网络的事就知道了
What are you doing? What?
你说什么呢 怎么了
What happened to MacMillan Utility?
麦克米伦实用网络怎么了
Gee. The release of their source code online
天啊 源代码被发布到网上
vaporized millions of shareholder dollars.
股东的千万投资一夜蒸发
And, long story short, you're not around anymore. Okay!
长话短说 就是你出局了 好了
Or you could look at it a different way.
或者你也可以换个角度来看
That with everyone creating something like the Web together,
如果大家能一起来创造万维网这样的东西
some potentially amazing things could happen.
也许会催生出非常了不起的结果
One, it gets built very fast.
首先 建设速度非常快
Two, it becomes huge in size.
其次 规模上也非常巨大
Three, it's constantly being edited and refined,
第三 会不停地被人编辑优化
so it's improving at a massive rate.
所以其升级速度也非常快
And four, there's no overlord controlling things.
第四 也不会有什么控制一切的霸主
And what network
那你说的这个
is this giant, miraculous nebula of collaboration happening on?
浩瀚璀璨的协作网要在什么网络上运行呢
You know as well as I do that something like this
你和我都清楚这样的事
could change the face of the Internet.
会极大改变因特网的面貌
The Internet is not available for commercial use.
因特网现在还不能开放商用
Do you know how much money I poured into lobbying,
你知道我投了多少钱给游说公♥司♥
trying to get deregulation through?
想尽快撤掉网络管制吗
Look, everybody wants this and it's gonna happen eventually.
大家都盼着这事 而早晚也会撤掉
But we are early, and it's all about timing.
但我们赶得太早 而时机至关重要
If the timing's off, we're dead.
如果时机不对 我们就完了
Timing's what killed Mutiny.
穆特尼就败在了时机不对上
Timing didn't kill Mutiny. I'm sorry...
时机才不是穆特尼失败的原因 抱歉
The right people make it the right time.
英雄也可以造时势
We can move this forward.
我们完全可以推动这个
We can be the people that make that future happen.
我们完全可以当那群创造未来的人
Oh, my God. What?
天啊 怎么了
I'm so sick of hearing about the future.
我听这套未来的说辞都听恶心了
What is that? The future
那到底是什么玩意 所谓未来
is just another crappy version of the present.
无非就是一个糟心版的现在
It's some bribe people offer you
人们编了这套好听的话
to make you do what they want instead of what you want.
哄着你违逆自己的心意 去干♥他♥们想做的事
This future can be different.
这一次 未来会有不同
Oh, Jesus, that should be on your business card, Joe.
我的天 你该把这句话写在名片上 乔
How many times are you people gonna fall for this?
你们还要上这句话多少次的当
You know, I'm with Joe.
我同意乔
I can't believe I'm saying that, but I'm with Joe.
虽然我不相信我会这么说 但我支持乔
Of course you're with Joe. You guys are the money people.
你当然支持乔 你们俩都是投钱的
But it's me and Cameron that actually have to do it.
而我和卡梅伦才是实打实动手干的人
Look, nobody's doing anything yet Exactly.
可是现在什么都还没做 没错
Yeah, uh, guys, it's been fun,
几位 今天聊得很愉快
but I think we're gonna hit the road.
但我们得赶路去了
Yeah, it's been, uh, thorough.
是啊 今天说得 很深入
Yeah, okay, we can call it a day and reconvene in the morning.
也行 那今天就这样 我们明早再碰头
Well, you know, maybe--
没准
maybe tomorrow will go better.
没准明天会好些
There's not gonna be a tomorrow.
明天他们不会来了
Hey, Cameron?
卡梅伦
Come back tomorrow.
明天再来吧
You flew halfway across the world.
你们从地球那边飞过来
Donna's trying. Just give her a chance.
唐娜也在尽力 给她一个机会吧
Joe...
乔
We got to see if there's something here.
我们得看看到底能不能成
This is a mess, Joe.
这就是一团乱 乔
It's just a mess.
就是一团乱
Come on, now.
拜托
Permission to come aboard?
申请登船
Permission granted.
允许登船
Careful there with them city shoes. Oh, sorry.
皮鞋要当心 抱歉
Might wanna wait a sec till you get your sea legs under you.
你最好先适应适应 别晕船了
That's all right.
没事的
Cool boat.
船不错
Hard to sail in a driveway, though.
不过车道上开不起来吧
Well, I was beating that slot
我上个月驾着船
up between Angel Island and Golden Gate last month,
想穿过天使岛和金门大桥之间的海沟
and I didn't heel fast enough in the shallows
在浅水区转弯不够快
and I scratched the shit out of my gelcoat.
结果刮了好大一块漆皮下去
Well, look at you!
瞧瞧你
The salty sailor.
成老水手了
Look at you.
也瞧瞧你
Yeah, I know. Just all grown up, right?
嗯 我知道 真成大人了 对吧
Well, hell, Cameron,
其实 卡梅伦
you were all grown up before I ever met you.
在我认识你之前你已经是大人了
Beer? Yeah.
啤酒 好
How'd it go this morning with Donna?
今早上跟唐娜如何
How did you...?
你怎么
Oh, Diane told me.
黛安跟我说了
Whose driveway you think you're in?
你以为这是谁家的车道
How is Diane?
黛安如何
She's good. Good.
她还好 还好
Yeah? You guys are still Yup.
你们还... 是啊
She still goes to work and I stay retired.
她还在上班 我仍是退休赋闲
Some weekends we sail up to Sausalito or Tiburon.
我们有的周末启航去索萨利托或蒂布龙
Mostly go to the vineyard if we got a couple of extra days.
如果时间充裕 通常会去葡萄园
So Californian.
真是加州范儿
You take her to Texas yet?
你带她去过德州吗
I have, yeah.
去过
Loved the rodeo. Hated everything else.
她喜欢牛仔比赛 其他都讨厌
And I think she was just being polite about the rodeo.
我觉得她说喜欢牛仔比赛也只是客气
So, what's next? Wedding bells?
那下一步呢 办婚礼吗
Oh, sure, we've talked about it, but, no.
我们当然商量过 但还是算了
Hell, between us we got three kids
见鬼 我们加起来有三个孩子
aged 35 to 14, and that's enough.
介于14至35岁 够了
Hey, how's old Tommy Rendon?
老汤米·兰顿怎么样
Kids on the radar for you yet?
准备要孩子了吗
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表