剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
.
目前的线上世界语言不通
.
而这就是翻译机制
And it's running on state-of-the-art NeXT hardware and software.
在最先进的NeXT软硬件上运行
That's my biggest problem.
那就是我最大的问题
NeXTSTEP is not a problem; it's perfect.
NeXTSTEP不是问题 它很完美
Okay, yeah, but I run a network
好吧 但我是做网络的
that's not just on a whiteboard.
不是简单在白板上比划
All right, here we go.
又来了
The NeXT is a state-of-the-art system.
NeXT是最先进的系统
Designed by a disgraced megalomaniac
其设计者乔布斯是个身败名裂的自大狂
who loves form over function.
他把外形看得比功能还重
No wonder you love the NeXT.
难怪你喜欢NeXT
Look, if we're talking about a network
听着 如果要说一个
that lives exclusively on a ridiculously overpriced machine
只适用于一种与科技界其他产品
that doesn't really play nice
都无法兼容的
with anything else in the technological landscape,
天价机型的网络
what we're really looking at...
那么这其实是
Well, please...
好吧 请
Is this. ...be my guest.
是这样的 尽管用
A tiny little desert island
一座小小的荒岛
that nobody gives a shit about.
根本没人在乎
Cameron? What do you think?
卡梅伦 你怎么看
Okay.
好吧
Say we're all talking the same way.
假如我们语言互通
Cool. What are we saying?
好 我们说什么
Are we just shooting the breeze? Are we playing games?
只是闲聊吗 玩游戏吗
Are we looking to get laid?
找人打炮吗
Are we just mindlessly shopping?
就漫无目的地购物吗
That's an excellent point.
这点提的好
Content is paramount, but this box is the equivalent
内容很重要 但这盒子就相当于
of a 500,000-seat state-of-the-art stadium,
一个先进的五十万座体育场
and we build that, we own that, we win.
我们造出来 掌握在手里 就是胜利
But what's the point of having a giant stadium
但是没有一个吸引人的乐队表演
if you don't have a kickass band to play the venue?
要这么大的舞台又能干什么呢
Guys, the last thing that we need to do right now
各位 现在我们最不需要的
is hop in the car
就是着急上车
and race out to the parking lot of an empty stadium
冲去一个空荡荡的体育馆停车场
before rock and roll is even invented.
听还没有发明的歌♥曲表演
Hey, guys, we are early.
各位 我们超前了
And I'm not talking, "Let's all just run down to the IHOP
而且不只是"冲去国际薄烤饼店
and grab some silver dollar pancakes" early.
点一个银元薄煎饼"那么早
We are years and years early on this.
我们的创意超前了太多年
Trust me, okay? This is what I do.
相信我 好吗 我就是干这个的
I can't believe you don't see this. Look, I agree.
你怎么能看不到 我同意
Okay, the World Wide Web
我同意互联网
could be the next best thing since sliced bread.
也许是继切片面包之后最伟大的发明
But right now, it's a tiny little academic petri dish
但现在 它还是一个运行在NeXT电脑上的
running on a NeXT computer. In Europe.
学术研究实验 在欧洲
Yes, is Europe. Then what exactly are we all doing here?
是的 在欧洲 那我们还在干吗
Okay, hold on, hold on.
行了 等等
Just-- let's not lose the shared idea here.
别忘了已经达成的一致
There's a shared protocol. This is a universal language.
这是个共享协议 全球通用语言
So it's Esperanto. What the heck is Esperanto?
世界语还全球通呢 世界语又是啥
It's a language for idiots that failed.
是给学习不好的孩子的简单语言
Okay, you know what? Let's-- why don't we take a break for lunch?
这样吧 我们休息一下吃个午饭吧
It's, like, 10:30.
现在才10点30
I mean, I could eat. Sure.
我可以吃点 好啊
Gordon went out to get some pizza.
戈登出去买♥♥披萨了
I figured maybe it'd been a while since you had that in Japan.
我想着你在日本肯定好久没吃到了
There's a Domino's around the corner from our apartment.
我们公♥寓♥转角就有家多米诺
Look, you came all this way.
你都大老远的来了
It just seems like you don't want to be here.
但是感觉你并不想待在这里
I said I'd listen.
我不是说我会听听看吗
Donna, it's not like this
唐娜 这又不是
is the only thing we're doing stateside.
我要在美国办的唯一一件事
I have a meeting with Atari. Tom has to meet with SEGA U.S.--
我和雅达利还有约 汤姆还要见美国世嘉
And you're doing Christmas in Texas with his family, I know.
你还要和他家人在德州过圣诞 我知道
Cam, we planned this whole thing around your travel.
卡梅 我们的安排就是照你的行程定的
In Vegas you said this was a good idea.
在维加斯你还说这是个好主意
It is a good idea.
是个好主意
But is also has severe limitations in reality.
但现实对它也有诸多限制
It's good to see you, Joe.
很高兴见到你 乔
Thanks.
谢谢
It's good to see you doing so well.
看到你过得很好我很高兴
As opposed to...? No, it's just
那你以为会是什么样 不 只是
Cameron said-- she said at COMDEX you were--
卡梅伦说 她说在分销商展览上
you were having a bit of a rough go of it, that's all.
你当时状态不太好 就这样
I'm sorry to hear about what happened.
那件事我很遗憾
I never met Ryan, but Cameron spoke really highly of him.
我没见过莱恩 但卡梅伦对他评价很高
It was difficult.
挺难熬的
For a long time.
很长一段时间都是
But I'm doing so much better
但自从跟你妻子恢复了联♥系♥
since I've reconnected with your wife.
我好了很多
Hold on-- -
慢着
I feel like we're talking in circles.
我觉得我们在绕圈子
What we're really looking at is...
我们真正想要的是...
You know, I'd like to take things in a different direction,
我想从另一个角度入手
if I could.
如果可以的话
I'd like to talk about what I learned in Paris.
我想谈谈我在巴黎学到了什么
Paris?
巴黎
The whimsical art of mime?
异想天开的哑剧表演吗
I went to the Hypertext Conference a few weeks ago.
几周前我去了超文本大会
The what conference? Hypertext.
什么会 超文本
Some pretty big names were there-- Apple, Xerox.
一些非常著名的公♥司♥也去了 苹果 施乐
I'm surprised you didn't hear about it. Yeah, me, too.
你没听说我有点意外 我也很意外
It was right after I saw you in COMDEX.
就是我们在计算机分销商展见面之后的事
Okay, so, Hypertext Conference.
好 知道了 超文本大会
Berners-Lee was there
伯纳斯·李也去了
and he was talking to anyone who would listen.
他和所有愿意听的人交谈
He handed out the entire Web toolkit, the transfer protocol,
他分享了全部的网页开♥发♥工具包 传输协议
the mark-up language, the server software,
标记语言 服务器软件
everything.
所有的一切
Wait, you met him? You have all of that?
慢着 你见到他了 那些你都拿到了
Yeah. That would have been useful to know this morning, maybe.
是啊 怎么今天早上不说
What's so interesting
超文本
about a programming language like Hypertext--
这样的编程语言的有趣之处就在于
It's not a programming language,
它根本就不是编程语言
it's just a text that accesses other texts.
它只是文本 可以访问其他文本
Yes, I'm actually talking about HTML, the mark-up language.
其实我指的是HTML 超文本标记语言
What's so interesting about it is its simplicity.
它的有趣之处在于它简单
With a very basic set of rules,
只凭一套非常基本的规则
you can create pages of information, objects,
就能创建很多页信息 对象
and eventually media when the bandwidth increases.
等带宽提高 还能创建媒体
So, I cornered the guys at CERN.
所以我追着CERN的人谈了谈
Sorry, what is CERN?
不好意思 CERN是什么
CERN. European Organization for Nuclear Research.
CERN 欧洲核子研究委员会
Oh, right, nuclear research. Okay, I see the connection.
好吧 核研究 我明白其中的关联了
Sorry, I'm not hearing the "C" Word in it.
抱歉 我没听见"C"代表什么
Nobody was paying any attention to them.
没人理会他们
In a way, they reminded me of
他们让我有点想起
Gordon and Donna, COMDEX '81.
1981年计算机分销商展览上的戈登和唐娜
What, pathetic? Devastatingly handsome?
可怜吗 是不是帅爆了
Geniuses ahead of their time.
超前于时代的天才
Berners-Lee handed out guidebooks not only for HTML,
伯纳斯·李分发的手册中不光有HTML
but HTTP, the transfer protocol,
还有HTTP 超文本传输协议
the call-and-response process for
在潜在网络上
moving information like this across to potential networks.
传输信息的呼应过程
Addressing protocol is TCP/IP.
寻址协议就是TCP/IP
But HTTP is the abstraction application layer protocol
但HTTP是抽象应用层协议
that sits on top of TCP/IP symbiotically,
以协同方式在TCP/IP之上
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表