Well, maybe it was no one time.
也许不是某一次
Oh, so it was a lot of times?
那是很多次喽
No. I'm not very comfortable talking about it right now.
不 现在我并不想说这件事
Well, why? You're not gonna hurt my feelings.
为什么 你又不会伤害到我的感情
I'm just curious.
我只是好奇而已
All right, all right.
好吧 好吧
Back in third grade.
在三年级的时候
You took me and some of the boys
你带着我和一些
from the math club out for pizza.
数学俱乐部的男孩们出去吃比萨
When the check came...
账单来的时候
...you couldn't figure out the tip in your head.
你算不出来应该给多少小费
I can't do math in my head?
我不会心算
That's your big disappointment?
这就让你失望至极
Well, it was at the time.
反正当时是
Well, I wonder if I can calculate in my head
不知道我能不能心算出
how many hits you got today.
今天你击中了多少次
Let me think.
想一想
Oh, zero!
哎呀 零次
Fine! Fine, Dad, get defensive. I was 8 years old.
好啊 老爸 你就回击我吧 我当时才8岁
Eight.
哪个8
That's the one shaped like the snowman, right?
那个长得像个雪人的数字 对吧
I'm sorry I even brought it up. God.
我居然提起这茬 老天爷
Guess I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet,
我也只能硬着头皮
sit Frederick down on Saturday before the game
在周六比赛前 和Frederick坐下来
and tell him the truth.
告诉他事实
Not a conversation I'm looking forward to,
虽然不是我期待的谈话
but I should prepare him for the fact that
但我应该让他有点心理准备
his daddy's not gonna be hitting any grand slams on Saturday.
因为我不会在周六打出大满贯了
Or am I? Wait.
或者我可以 等等
A grand slam is...? You aren't.
大满贯是 你没戏
Well, anyway, I suppose that one consolation is, you know,
不管怎么说 值得安慰的是
as disappointed as I was with you after the pizza incident,
虽然在比萨意外之后我对你很失望
yet here we are, all these years later,
但多年后的现在
out in a batting cage.
我们却在这个击球场里
Yeah, that's right.
是啊 说得没错
Come on, I'll get us a couple of beers.
走吧 我去买♥♥点儿啤酒
Thanks, Dad. Okay.
谢谢 老爸 没问题
And how many of these shiny things--?
需要付多少这些亮闪闪的东东呢
Oh, shut up.
闭嘴吧
Hello, Niles.
你好 Niles
Frasier, you look like an authentic jock.
Frasier 你看上去像一个真的运动员
I'm half tempted to hand over my lunch money.
我差点儿就要上交我的午餐费了
Is that your idea of appropriate baseball-watching attire?
这就是你为棒球赛准备的装束
Obviously you failed to detect
很明显你没有注意到
the subtle diamond pattern in my tie.
我领带上微妙的菱形图案
Oh.
还真是
So how did your little talk go with Frederick?
你和Frederick谈得怎么样
Well, I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet.
我还不忍♥心去找他谈
As a father, you go to any lengths
作为父亲 你会竭尽全力地
to avoid looking foolish in front of your son.
避免在你儿子面前出丑
Look what Mrs. Thorgeson was throwing out.
看看Thorgeson夫人刚刚把什么扔了
Boy, the guys at McGinty's are gonna love this.
麦金蒂的家伙们一定会爱死这玩意儿
Well, anywho...
不管怎样吧
Fredrick, what have I told you about running in the house?
Fredrick 关于在屋子里乱跑 我是怎么教你的
You told me to not run in the house.
你说不要在屋子里乱跑
Good, and what have I told you about splitting infinitives?
很好 我是怎么教你分♥裂♥不定式的
Frasier, let the boy be a boy.
Frasier 让这孩子有点儿童年吧
Don't run away. I saw you.
别想逃跑 我看见你了
Your son just walked right in on me in the shower.
你的儿子刚才进来撞见我在洗澡
Frederick.
Frederick
Dad, all I really saw was--
老爸 我只看到了
I am very disappointed in you, young man.
我对你十分失望 年轻人
Let the boy finish.
让这孩子说完
All I really saw was a lot of steam.
我只看到了许多水蒸气
I'm sorry, Daphne. I didn't know you were in the shower.
对不起 Daphne 我不知道你在洗澡
Now you hate me.
现在你讨厌我了
I don't hate you.
我不讨厌你
You just have to promise to knock before you enter a room, okay?
你只要保证在进屋之前先敲门 好吗
Sorry, Dad.
对不起 爸爸
That's okay, son.
没关系 儿子
So when are we going to the game?
那我们什么时候去比赛
In a bit.
一会儿
First we have to have a little conversation, the two of us.
不过我们得先谈一谈 就我们俩
Uncle Niles, do you think you could give us a moment alone?
Niles叔叔 你能让我们单独呆一会儿吗
Oh, of course. I'll freshen up for the game.
当然了 我先去为了比赛梳洗一下
You can fool them, but you can't fool me.
你骗得了他们 你糊弄不了我
I'm onto you, little man.
我盯上你了 小鬼
Come on, Freddie. Come and have a seat here.
来吧 Freddie 过来坐这儿
Okay.
好吧
You're gonna see me play some softball today.
今天你会看见我打棒球
And I'm not gonna play very well.
我不会打得很好
See, I'm not a good softball player.
你看 我不是一名优秀的棒球运动员
But Bulldog said you were the best.
但Bulldog说你是最棒的
Yes, I know. Well, he was just lying in order to be nice.
是的 我知道 他只是想表示友善而撒谎了
The truth is I stink.
事实是我糟透了
I can't catch, I can't throw, I can't hit.
接不住 扔不出 打不中
Oh.
噢
So it must be pretty disappointing to hear for the first time
第一次听到你♥爸♥爸并不完美
that your dad is not perfect, huh?
一定非常失望吧
It's not the first time.
不是第一次了
You couldn't fix my computer.
你之前修不好我的电脑
You thought Venus was the North Star.
你以为金星是北极星
And I've seen you run.
而且 我看见过你跑步
Well, why didn't you mention any of these things to me before?
你之前怎么没跟我提过这些
I thought it might hurt your self-esteem.
怕伤你自尊
Actually, Frederick,
实际上 Frederick
I'm really okay with those things. I am.
对于这些我真的不介意 真的
I just want you to know that
我只想让你知道
it's okay for you to feel bad about them.
有不好的感觉很正常
See, when I was about your age,
在我像你这么大的时候
I felt real bad about learning
知道你爷爷不会心算
that your grandpa can't do math in his head.
我感觉非常糟糕
I learned later, of course, that that wasn't very important,
当然了 之后我了解了这并不重要
because he can do so many other things so well.
因为他会做其他很多事情
Grandpa can't do math in his head? Yes, well, see...
爷爷不会心算 是的 是这样
That's not the issue.
那不是重点
Why did you go and tell him that for?
你告诉他这干嘛
Well, I was illustrating a point.
我只是在阐述一个观点
You mean, you can't do it at all?
你是说 你一点儿也不会
Well, yeah, sure I can, Freddie.
我当然会 Freddie
I knew you could.
我知道你会
What's 7 times 15?
7乘15得多少
You can do it, Grandpa.
你可以的 爷爷
115?
Oh, Grandpa.
爷爷啊
Well, thanks a lot, Frasier.
真谢谢你了 Frasier
Well, I tried, for God's sake.
看在老天的份上 我尽力了
Ready for the game? Yeah.
准备好去比赛了 是啊
You don't sound too excited.
你听上去不怎么兴奋啊
I just found out Dad's bad at softball
我刚刚得知爸爸打不好棒球
and Grandpa can't do math in his head.
爷爷不会心算
Those things aren't important.
这些事都不重要
What can I do to make you feel better?
我能为你做点儿什么呢
Maybe a hug? Oh, come here.
也许抱一下 过来吧
Oh. There you go.
好了好了
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表