Oh, I told Dr. Crane
我告诉Crane医生
it was because you took Eddie in the elevator.
是因为你带Eddie坐了电梯
Oh, dear. I've got to get down to that condo meeting.
天呐 我得赶紧去那个公♥寓♥会议
Why?
为啥
I don't know what's going on down there,
不知道现在那边事态如何
but suddenly I have a very queasy feeling.
但突然间我有种极其不安(恶心)的感觉
Just what Ms. Langer said when she tossed me my trunks.
Langer夫人扔我泳裤的时候也这么说呢
And so you can vote for me,
你们可以投票选我
a person who has worked this past year
一个辛劳了一年
to keep this building running smoothly,
使这座大楼顺利运转的人
or you can turn the building over to a man
或者你们可以把这座大楼交给这个男人
who can scarcely keep his own family under control.
他连自己的家庭成员都管不了
Thank you.
谢谢大家
Fellow condo owners,
各位公♥寓♥业主
I am sorry my opponent has chosen to be vindictive
很抱遗憾我的对手选择了报复
about my family,
我的家人
but that is merely characteristic of her behavior
但这只是在她整个任职期间的
during her entire term in office.
典型行为特征
How else would one explain this?
要不然怎么解释这个
This citation my father received last night
我父亲昨晚收到的这份表彰
is a perfect example of the pettiness of which this woman is capable.
充分说明了 这个女人的心胸狭窄
We're all aware of your father's behavior last night.
我们都知道你父亲昨晚的行为
I'm surprised you're not too ashamed to bring it up.
我很惊讶你还好意思提起来
Ashamed? Not at all.
没什么不好意思的
I defend his behavior!
我为他的行为进行辩护
So he had his little friend out where he shouldn't be.
他就让他的小伙伴在不该出现的地方露脸了
So what? He's been doing it for years.
那又怎样 他这么做多少年了
You approve of his behavior?
你赞成他的行为
Approve? I applaud it.
赞成 我为此而喝彩
Have you no compassion?
你都没有一点同情心吗
My father is getting older.
我父亲年纪愈老
He hasn't many pleasures left in life.
生命中的乐趣已所剩不多了
I can't tell you the hours of joy
我无法告诉你们有多少欢乐
that that little guy has brought him.
是那个小家伙带给他的
And not just him.
不只是他
Who among us can't help but
我们当中谁不会
break into a smile upon seeing the little fella?
在看见这小家伙的时候绽放出笑容
Oh, I know, you know, sometimes it is irksome when his
我也知道 有时你们也会大为火光
little Eddie appears at inopportune moments, but--
他的小Eddie出现的不是时候 但是
He's named it "Eddie"?
他还叫它"Eddie"
Well, not exactly, of course, a name that I might have chosen.
当然了 我是不会选这样的名字的
I might have gone with something a bit more,
我可能会选一个更加
I don't know, whimsical, like-- Oh, "Puck."
天马行空一点的 比如说 哦 "Puck(粗短)"
You know, the frolicsome sprite
恶作剧的小妖精
from Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream.
出自莎士比亚的<仲夏夜之梦>
Oh, don't look so shocked.
哦 别看起来那么惊讶
Whom does it really harm if he unleashes Eddie once in a while?
他时不时地放纵一下Eddie能伤到谁呀
Come on! It's not as though he's alone in such behavior.
拜托 像这样的又不是他一个人
Mrs. Tornquist,
Tornquist夫人
I've seen you do the same thing many times with your Fluffy.
我见你和你的Fluffy(毛茸茸)这样做过很多次
You know, if you ask me,
要是问我的话
not only is his behavior harmless, it's laudable.
他的行为不仅无害 而且值得称赞
Why, you should see
你们真该看看
the looks on the faces of the school children
他把Eddie带到操场上时
when he takes Eddie out by the playground.
那些小学生们脸上的表情
What, what, what?
咋了 咋了
On the other hand,
另一方面来说
we all need rules.
我们都需要规定
Go, go, go!
快走 快走
Sorry about the knocker.
门环的事很抱歉
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表