and finally to the paradise of the farm.
以及最后象征天堂的农场
You both saw that?
你们俩都这么想
Oh, it practically jumped off the page.
嗯 一切都跃然纸上
Well, that's very perceptive of you.
你们倒是洞察力很强啊
Well, thank you. I guess it's our turn to be flattered.
谢谢您 这次是我们受宠若惊了
You're absolutely right.
你们说得对呀
This whole book is crap.
这本书就是一坨屎
Beg your pardon?
什么
How could I be so blind?
我怎么能没发现呢
I lifted the entire structure from Dante!
我根本是照抄但丁的故事
You mean you weren't going for that? Of course not!
您是说这不是您的本意 当然不是
This confirms my worst fear.
怕什么来什么
I have nothing original left to say.
我再也写不出来了
I'm an empty shell.
我就是个空壳
I was a fool to think I had a second book in me!
我居然傻不拉几地以能出第二本书
"The winters were harsh on the farm."
"农场的冬天刺骨难熬"
Well, here's something to warm them up!
正好 给它们取取暖
What's going on here?
怎么回事
You're both right.
你们说得对
I'm a talentless hack who got lucky once.
我就是个撞了次大运的无用傻蛋
Dad, we didn't say that!
老爸 我们可没这么说
You're not listening to these two, are you?
你不会是听了这俩人胡扯吧
Look at this trash! It won't even burn!
这垃圾 烧都烧不起来
Oh no. It's a fireplace, you see. It's not well ventilated.
哦 不 这只是壁炉 通风不好烧不起来
This doesn't belong in a fireplace.
这垃圾不该葬身火炉
It belongs in the gutter, with the rest of society's garbage!
应该和社会垃圾一起 丢到臭水沟里去
Wait. No, no Ted, don't do that!
等等 不 不要 Ted 不要啊
Ted, no! Don't do it! No, Mr. Houghton
Ted 不 快停下 不 Houghton先生
I want to thank you two.
我想谢谢你们
If I had published that book,
要是我真把这书出版了
my reputation would have been destroyed.
我的名誉就算完了
At least now I'm left with a shred of dignity.
起码现在我还留有一丝尊严
No.
别
Happy?
高兴了吧
Hey, Ted, wait up!
嗨 Ted 等等我
Well, we've destroyed a man's life.
我们把他给毁了
Not to mention depriving future generations of a work of art.
而且后世再也看不到这部巨著了
Yes, well, on the other hand, had he actually published it,
不过 换个角度想 要是他真出版了这书
the critics surely would've noticed that Dante parallel.
那些评论家肯定也会发现但丁的影子
If he felt bad hearing from us,
要是我们说他都受不了
imagine how he would've felt reading it in The NY Review of Books.
想想他读纽约书评得气成啥样儿吧
Oh, God, yes. Given his fragile ego,
太对了 以他这么高傲的人
my God, he would've been completely devastated.
天呐 他一定会一蹶不振的
Who knows what he might have done.
谁知道他能做出什么事来
Do you know, Niles,
知道吗 Niles
we saved that man's life.
我们救了他的命
Yes, I think you're right.
嗯 你说得在理
On the other hand Don't go there.
但是 再换个角度 别换了
See, that's why you're the older brother.
看了吧 所以说你是大哥
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表