I'm glad you came back with us. I hope you had a good time.
真高兴你和我们一起回来了 希望你今晚过得愉快
Well, I can't tell you how much fun this has been.
今晚之high已经超越了我贫乏的词汇
Listen, now that you know the way, don't be a stranger, okay?
既然认了家门了 以后常来呀
Good night.
晚安
Who the hell was that?
那到底谁啊
He's not from the station? I never saw him before.
他不是电台的人吗 我之前从没见过他
He was table-hopping like crazy during the awards.
在颁奖礼上他跟疯了似地在各桌之间串来串去
That's because he was our waiter.
那是因为他是服务员
Well, that's the last time I say, "Everybody back to my place."
我以后再也不说 "大家都回我那儿吧"
Oh, who cares about that guy? This is a great night.
谁在乎那个家伙 这一晚棒极了
For you, maybe. The rest of us lost.
也就是你能这么想吧 我们其他人可都输了
Hey, it's not important whether you win or lose.
嘿 输赢不是最重要的
It's an honor just being nomi--
能被提名就是种荣
I couldn't get through that crap on stage.
这假大空的话 我在台上都一说就笑场
I can't get through it now.
现在更没法控制不笑
Frasier, do you mind if I use your phone? No, not at all.
Frasier 我能用下你的电♥话♥吗 当然
Who are you calling? It's practically midnight.
你要打给谁 这半夜三更的
Oh, I promised my grandmother
哦 我答应我奶奶
I'd leave her a message telling her how we did.
要给她留条信息告诉她结果的
Hey, Gammy, it's Roz. Guess what?
嘿 奶奶 我是Roz 您猜怎么着
I won again. We're all here celebrating.
我又赢啦 我们都在这儿庆祝哪
Yay.
耶
Listen, I gotta go.
嗯 我得挂了
It's getting crazy here, but I'll talk to you tomorrow. Bye-bye.
大家都玩疯了 我明天再和您聊 拜拜
You lied to Gammy?
你对你奶奶说谎
Well, she's old, and it makes her happy.
她都那么大岁数了 说点小谎让老人开心下怎么了
She smiled for a week when I won the Miss Seattle pageant.
我赢得西雅图小姐选美比赛时她高兴了整整一周
You know, Roz raises a very interesting philosophical question.
Roz提出了一个相当有趣的哲学问题
Ah, here we go. Buckle up.
唉 又来了 大家小心
Is it always morally wrong to lie?
从道德上来讲 撒谎是不是总是错的呢
Now, we are taught that it is.
从小到大 别人都是这么教育我们的
But are there certain occasions where a lie would be acceptable?
但有些情况下 说谎是否是可以被接受的
Yeah, like the lies you tell a chick in bed.
有啊 比如你在床上对小妞儿们说的谎
"You're the best I've ever been with."
"你是我上过的最棒的"
"Your thighs don't look that fat."
"你的腿不胖"
"Don't worry, I've had a vasectomy."
"别担心 我做过输精管切除术了"
Hey, screw you guys!
嘿 去你们的
I'm an artist. We live by different rules.
我可是个艺术家 我们的生活准则不同
An argument can certainly be made that a lie is good
如果一个谎言可以免除某人不必要的痛苦
when it spares someone unnecessary pain.
那么这个论点就是成立的
I'm reminded of Maris' brief
有段时间Maris对运动服装
flirtation with active wear when I assured her,
着迷了 我常常安慰她说
"You look fine, darling,
"你看上去很好 亲爱的
spandex is supposed to blouse."
莱卡面料的衣服就应该是这样松松垮垮的"
You know, Lilith actually told me the other day that
知道吗 Lilith那天跟我说
Frederick has taken to lying.
Frederick已经开始说谎了
Yes, he told all of his friends that Lilith is an alien.
他告诉他所有的小朋友说Lilith是个外星人
It seems as good an explanation as any.
这个解释不过分啊
He also told them that she wears her hair in a bun
他还告诉他们她把头发盘成一个发髻
to hide the third eye in the back of her head.
是为了藏起来脑袋后面的第三只眼睛
How did Lilith find out? Well,
Lilith是怎么发现的 是这样
apparently, she was driving him and two of his little friends over
她当时开车送他和他的两个小伙伴
to a Junior Mensa meeting.
去参加一个儿童门萨聚会
She looked in the rear-view mirror
她从后视镜里看见
and saw that they were making faces at the other cars.
他们向别的车做鬼脸
So never have the words "I can see you"
就说了句"我看得见你们"
caused so much screaming and wetting of pants.
吓得小鬼们惊声尖叫 裤子都吓尿了
I did my share of fibbing too.
我以前也撒过点儿小谎
I once told my school chums I was born with a tiny embryonic twin
我告诉我的同学们 我本有一个双胞胎 被我吸收了
attached to my hip.
但她还活在我屁♥股♥上
Of course, they were horrified,
当然了 他们都吓坏了
and it didn't help my social life at all.
而且这对我的社交生活一点儿帮助也没有
Oh, but for a while there it was nice having a sister.
但是有那么一时半刻 有个妹妹感觉也不错
Oh, remember in prep school when we were so desperate
哦 还记得在预科学校的时候我们不顾一切地
to avoid the President's Physical Fitness Test--
逃避校长的体能测试
That we lit a match underneath the fire alarm,
最后竟然在火灾警报器下面点了根蜡烛
and all the sprinklers went off.
然后所有的喷头开始喷水
Oh, and we blamed that delinquent kid,
哦 然后我们都怪在那个流氓小子头上
John Rajeski. Yes.
John Rajeski 没错
You did what? What's wrong?
你们干了什么 怎么了
You two swore up and down
你俩信誓旦旦地对我说
to me that you never set off that alarm.
警报器不是你们触发的
Well, of course, we weren't gonna tell you.
我们当然不能告诉你了
For heaven's sake, Dad, you can't be mad.
看在上帝的份上 老爸 你不会生气了吧
We were kids.
我们当时还是孩子
You know, the headmaster said it was you two.
要知道 当时校长说是你俩干的
I went down there and raised hell with him.
我跑去学校和他大闹一番
I said, "My kids don't lie."
我说"我的孩子不会撒谎"
Because of you, that Rajeski kid got expelled.
就因为你俩 Rajeski那孩子被开除了
Expelled?
开除了
Jeez, if we'd known that was gonna happen,
天哪 要是我们知道会发生这种事
we would've told the truth. Not me.
我们会说出事实的 我不会
He was a brute and a meanie.
他是残忍♥和刻薄的完美结合体
You're right.
说得没错
He used to make the most merciless fun of me
他以前常常无情地嘲笑我
because I always wore my gym shorts in the shower.
因为我淋浴的时候总穿着短裤
He used to call me shorts-in-the-shower boy.
他总叫我淋浴短裤男孩
Well, you don't have to be witty to be cruel.
即使是傻瓜 残忍♥起来也够你受的
I don't give a damn what that kid did.
我才不管那孩子做了什么
Getting him expelled was worse.
害他被开除要糟得多
I'm going to bed. Good night, everybody.
我要上♥床♥睡觉了 晚安 各位
Good night. Good night, Dad.
晚安 晚安 老爸
Well, I guess that brings an end to our little debate.
这大概算是为我们的小辩论下了结论了吧
Apparently, there are no good lies.
很显然 没有什么谎言是好的
Hey, hey, it's getting kind of heavy in here.
嘿 嘿 这里气氛略显沉重了
We gotta liven this place up, huh?
我们得让这地方活跃起来 是吧
Hey, I know. Party games, huh?
我想到了 派对游戏 怎样
All right, doc, I'm gonna need
好了 医生 我需要
a blindfold, some whipped cream and a glass coffee table.
一条蒙眼布 一些生奶油以及一张玻璃咖啡桌
What? Nobody here went to camp?
咋了 这里没人去露营过吗
Forget it, Bulldog. These guys are no fun.
算了吧 Bulldog 这帮家伙毫无乐趣可言
You know what? I know a great after-hours place
对了 我认识一个很棒的续摊儿地方
where we can go get a few drinks.
我们可以去那里喝几杯
Now you're talking.
这才像话
Hey, if things go well,
嘿 要是事情顺利的话
I know an after-after-hours place.
我知道一个续摊儿之后再续的地方
I got the keys. You get the elevator, I'll get my coat.
我有钥匙哦 你去按电梯 我拿外套
You're on.
一言为定
No good lies, my ass.
没有好的谎言 去他妈的鬼
Good morning, Frasier. Oh, good morning, Niles.
早上好 Fransier 哦 早啊 Niles
Oh, dear God, it's finally happened.
哦 老天爷 该来的还是来了
This is the thanks I get
这就是把我的私人
for introducing you to my personal shopper.
购物助理介绍给你的报答吗
I gave Rinaldo specific instructions to write down
我还特别指示Rinaldo去记下
every article of clothing I've purchased
我买♥♥下的每一件衣服
so we could avoid this sort of calamity.
好让我们避免这类灾难
I didn't use Rinaldo.
我没让Rinaldo帮忙
This suit just caught my eye while I was shopping for shoes.
这套西装是我在买♥♥鞋的时候恰巧看上的
Oh!
哦
Well, why didn't you also take my strong chin
你怎么不干脆把我那菱角分明的下巴
and swimmer's build?
和游泳选手的健美体格一起夺走
Oh, please.
少往脸上贴金了
Obviously, we have to sit apart today. Oh, sit down!
不用说 我们今天得要分开坐 哦 坐下吧你
There's something I need to talk to you about.
有件事我得和你谈谈
Most people aren't as attuned to these things as you and I are.
再说 多数人不像你我对这种事情这般敏感
I'm sure they won't even notice.
他们可能根本就不会注意到
Here you are, double espresso.
这是您的 双份浓缩咖啡
I took a chance and brought you the same thing.
我擅自做主给您上了一样的咖啡
Well, anyway,
不管怎样
after our conversation last night, I couldn't stop thinking
昨晚我们的谈话让我一直在想
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表