My 8-year-old son is visiting me this week,
我8岁的儿子这周会来看我
and he asked specifically
他特别地问我
if I could arrange a tour of the Microsoft complex.
能否安排一趟微软大楼之旅
I was wondering what your policy is on--
不知道您那边的政策
I'm sorry to hear that.
很遗憾听到您这么说
You know, I don't often trade on my celebrity status,
我不经常利用自己的名人地位
but does the name Frasier Crane mean anything to you?
但您对Frasier Crane这个名字有印象吗
I'm sorry to hear that.
很遗憾听到您这么说
Well, you know, it's entirely possible
要知道 有一天您的亲戚
that one day a relative of yours may wish to tour my workplace--
也很有可能想参观我的工作场所
It's a radio station.
是个广播电台
Oh, forget it!
当我没说
even been close, that would be one thing.
要是接近 还说得过去
But I beat that tag by a mile.
但我已经跑过垒1英里了
A mile. Calm down, slugger. It's all right.
1英里啊 冷静点儿 强击手 没关系的
A mile!
1英里啊
I take it you lost the game.
看来你们输掉了比赛
No, we won the game,
不 我们赢了
but Roz got kicked out for arguing with the ump.
但是Roz因为与裁判员争执被踢出了赛场
She kicked dirt on his shoes, chest-butted him,
她往人家鞋子上踢土 用头撞人家胸
almost took a bite out of his finger
在人家对她竖中指的时候
when he stuck it in her face.
差点儿没咬下一截来
You can't coach that kind of thing, can you?
这种事可是教不来的
All right, there's a guy on second,
是这样 二垒有个家伙
one guy's out, I drive one to the gap.
有一个家伙出局了 我把另一个逼到了缺口区
The throw to the cut-off man is late, our guy's safe at home,
给截传的球传晚了 我们安全
I try to stretch it to a double.
我想来个双杀
I make a beautiful hook slide right under the tag.
正好返垒的时候做了漂亮的钩脚滑垒
How can I be out?
怎么会轮到我出局
I'm still trying to understand
我还在琢磨
why you drove to the Gap in the middle of the game.
你为什么要在比赛中间开车去盖普
Look, I'm gonna go work on the line-up for Saturday's game.
听着 我得去准备周日比赛的球员阵容了
You know, I love being in charge. Oh, can I play second base?
你们知道我有多爱大权在握 我能打二垒吗
No, sorry. Liz Budner's playing second.
抱歉 Liz Budner打二垒
Liz Budner? Why?
Liz Budner 为什么
What can she do that I can't?
她有什么我做不了的
It's what she will do that you won't.
是人家做了什么你不愿意的
Oh, Roz. Listen, didn't you used to date some executive at Microsoft?
Roz 你不是交往过一个在微软工作的主管吗
Scott Blankman.
Scott Blankman
Talk about your messy break-ups.
没有比那更麻烦的分手了
Even after I dumped the guy, he kept calling me.
我甩了那家伙之后 他还不停打给我
At first, he'd make excuses:
一开始 他还找些借口
"Sorry, I hit the wrong button on my speed dial."
"对不起 我按错了快速拨号♥的按钮"
Then he just gave up the pretense
后来他干脆不编了
and there'd be sobbing on the other end of the line.
只在电♥话♥那头啜泣
Oh, God.
老天爷
I finally said, "Scott, I never, ever want to talk to you again."
我最后说"Scott 我永远也不想再和你说话了"
Why do you ask? I'd like you give him a call.
你干嘛问 我想让你给他打个电♥话♥
What? Well, I... Frederick's coming to visit me this week.
啥 这周Frederick要来看我
The only thing he asked for was a tour of Microsoft.
他唯一要求的就是一趟微软之旅
I sort of already, well, promised that I could arrange it.
我算是 答应帮他安排了
Frasier, you're asking me to call a man
Frasier 你让我打电♥话♥的这个男人
who camped outside my apartment building
曾经在我公♥寓♥外面安营扎寨
and held a big sign up that said:
还举着个大牌子上面写着
"Roz Doyle is afraid to love."
"Roz Doyle害怕去爱"
Okay, I understand.
好吧 了解了
I just thought you'd be more sympathetic, that's all.
我只是以为你会更加有同情心而已
I can't.
我做不到
I do recall a story you told me not long ago
我想起了一个许久前你告诉我的故事
about a young girl living in Wisconsin,
关于一个住在威斯康星州的少女
who wanted desperately for her mother
她十分希望她母亲
to drive her to Chicago
开车载她去芝加哥
to see Bobby Sherman open a shopping mall.
看Bobby Sherman给购物中心剪彩
But her mother was just too busy.
但她母亲实在太忙了
So what did that girl do that night?
当晚那女孩做了什么
She cried herself to sleep on her little Bobby Sherman pillow.
她躺在印着Bobby Sherman的枕头上哭着睡去
I hate you.
我恨你
Niles. Good morning, Frasier.
Niles 早上好 Frasier
Is Frederick up yet?
Frederick起来了吗
En, actually he went out with his grandfather for an early morning walk.
他和爷爷一大早就出去散步了
I went through some of my old albums this morning
今早我翻了翻一些旧相册
and found a few photos of us when we were Frederick's age.
找到几张我们还是Frederick这么大时的照片
Oh, Lord. Thought he might find them amusing.
老天爷 他可能会觉得很有趣
Oh, here. There we are, all dressed up,
看看 我们整装待发
ready for our first Cub Scout hike.
准备进行首次幼童军远足
And last.
也是最后一次
Yes, well, we didn't exactly endear ourselves to the pack.
是啊 我们当时可不怎么招大伙儿们喜欢
All the other kids had those knapsacks,
其他孩子都背着他们的旅行背包
we showed up with those monogrammed train cases.
我们却带着印有字母的小旅行箱
Niles, refresh my memory.
Niles 帮我回忆下
Why are we wearing plastic snouts
为什么我们戴着塑料长鼻子
and a tiny little wading pool around our waists?
腰上还围着一个小水池
Oh, you've forgotten. That Halloween we went as the Bay of Pigs.
你忘啦 那年万圣节我们扮成"猪湾"
Ah.
哈
As I recall, nobody got it.
据我回忆 没人能懂
I finally had to take to telling that we were Swine Lake.
我最后只能告诉他们我们是"猪湖"
They didn't get that either.
他们也没懂
That was a long evening. Yeah.
那是一个漫长的夜晚 是啊
So, what do you have in store for Frederick this visit?
这次你给Frederick准备了什么行程
Well, we're gonna go whale-watching, the planetarium,
我们会去看鲸鱼 去天文馆
and Roz is helping me arrange a tour of Microsoft.
Roz正在帮我安排一次微软之旅
It's the one thing Freddie specifically requested.
这次Freddie唯一特殊要求的事情
Someone's making a run for Dad of the Year.
有人要竞选年度老爸嘛
Yes, well, you know how it is.
是啊 你也知道怎么回事
I don't get to see him as often as I'd like.
我不能经常见到他
Memories of this trip will have to last until the next one.
这次出行的记忆将持续到下次我见到他
Can you blame me for wanting it to be perfect?
你能因为我希望尽善尽美而责备我吗
Hi, Dad. Oh, hello, Freddie.
嗨 爸爸 好啊 Freddie
Dad, did Grandpa ever tell you the story how he captured
爸爸 爷爷告诉过你他只用一根警棍
four bank robbers with just a nightstick?
就捕获了四个银行劫匪的故事吗
No. He did tell me how he captured two bank robbers
没有 他确实说过抓两个劫匪的事
with just a revolver,
只用了一把左轮手♥枪♥
his partner and a SWAT team.
一位搭档和一支特警队的帮助
They got there later. Well...
他们后来才到的 好吧
Hello, Uncle Niles. Hello, Frederick.
你好 Niles叔叔 你好 Frederick
My, aren't you getting big.
老天爷 你真是高大了不少
I'm the same exact size I was the last time you saw me.
我和上次你见我一样高
Well, your mother's cooking
你母亲的烹饪技术
will do that for a growing boy.
对于发育期的男孩就有这样的效果
Are we going to Microsoft today?
我们今天去微软吗
Well, actually, Freddie, i thought we'd go by the radio station.
Freddie 我们会路过电台
I could show you where I work.
我可以带你参观一下我工作的地方
That'll be fun, won't it? Yes.
会很有趣 对不对 对
When are we going to Microsoft?
我们什么时候去微软
Well, Saturday.
那个 周六吧
Excellent.
太好啦
Hey, good morning, Dr. Crane.
嘿 早上好 Crane医生
Good morning, Daphne.
早上好 Daphne
Hi, Daphne.
嗨 Daphne
Hello, Frederick.
你好啊 Frederick
Hey, Frederick, tell your dad
嘿 Frederick 告诉你♥爸♥
what you saw in the park with Eddie.
今天你和Eddie在公园看见什么了
Hi, Daphne.
嗨 Daphne
Frederick's my boyfriend. Oh, really.
Frederick现在是我的男朋友 哦 真的啊
I got a present for you.
我有个礼物要给你
Wait here.
在这儿等着
That's so cute. He's got a crush on you.
好可爱 他迷恋上你了
Yes, you should see him spent the entire evening
是啊 你们应该看看他昨天一整晚
sitting on Daphne's lap, watching TV.
坐在Daphne大腿上看电视的样子
Really.
真的啊
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表