and no one would show up.
我们没有足够的炖锅和平底锅
We didn't have enough pots or pans.
为一桌四人烹饪 我们就要用上所有厨具
We would cook a table of four, we would use all the pots.
做完就要赶紧放到水池里
And then they would go into the sink
我们会迅速地清洗干净 进行下一轮烹饪
and we'd have to quickly scrub them to cook the next round.
我就这样徒手浸泡在水里差不多八个月
After about eight months of putting my hands raw into the water,
我的指甲下面开始出血
my fingers began to bleed under the nails.
我记得去医院就诊
I remember going to the doctor,
医生说 "你必须要休息三个月"
and she said, "You've got to stop and have three months off."
我说 "三个月?"
I said, "Three months?" I said,
"我连三个小时的休息时间都没有"
"I can't even take three hours off."
我不知道他是否树立起对餐厅
I don't know whether he had
需要变成什么样 他自己期望它变成什么样
a set idea on what he thought the restaurant should be,
娜塔莉亚·舒尔瑞
本的妻子
需要变成什么样 他自己期望它变成什么样
a set idea on what he thought the restaurant should be,
娜塔莉亚·舒尔瑞
本的妻子
这样的理念
what it needed to be.
娜塔莉亚·舒尔瑞
本的妻子
娜塔莉亚·舒尔瑞
本的妻子
但那之前一直都不是很成功
It just hadn't been successful before that.
娜塔莉亚·舒尔瑞
本的妻子
娜塔莉亚·舒尔瑞
本的妻子
我觉得他已经明确地感知到了这份压力
So, I think he definitely felt the pressure
娜塔莉亚·舒尔瑞
本的妻子
我觉得他已经明确地感知到了这份压力
So, I think he definitely felt the pressure
想要成功的压力
of having to make it successful.
能坚持下去实属不易
It just took forever to build momentum
因为我们用两年开了一间...
because we were a two-year-old restaurant
所有人都不喜欢的餐馆
which everybody hated.
我们必须尽快做出改变
So, we had to turn around that.
身为一名年轻的主厨 刚刚建立自己的家庭
I was a young chef, had a young family,
我们尽可能做到收支平衡
and we were struggling to make ends meet.
然而作为一名初出茅庐的主厨
And if you're a young chef,
如果第一次失败了
and you don't succeed the first time,
那你就很难重头再来了
it's hard to get a second chance.
周二
周二的阿提卡有所不同
Tuesdays are different at Attica.
这天是实验日
It's an experimental day.
这一天的由来最初是因为
It was conceived because, at the beginning,
我们没有实验厨房♥
we didn't have a test kitchen,
而我们急需研发新菜品
and we had to find a way to experiment
使菜品得以加速推陈出新
so that we could develop our cuisine faster
并赋予更多的热情
and more passionately.
谁能给我递块毛巾吗? 谢了
Could someone grab some tea towels, please?
好的
Yes.
实验日前一晚
The night before, I stay
哄孩子睡着后 我熬夜到很晚
up late after my children have gone to bed,
我把所有心中所想
and I write the menu
事无巨细地全部记录在了菜谱中
based on anything that comes into my head that I want to do.
今天 我们先做贻贝和猴树面包
Today, we're gonna start with the mussels and boab.
说实话实验日挺疯狂的
Tuesdays are pretty crazy, to be honest.
马特·波义耳
厨师领班,阿提卡
是因为早上来到餐馆的时候 除了本
Pretty much just due to the fact that us chefs, besides Ben,
马特·波义耳
厨师领班,阿提卡
马特·波义耳
厨师领班,阿提卡
几乎所有的人都不清楚菜单是什么
don't really know the menu until the morning we come in.
马特·波义耳
厨师领班,阿提卡
几乎所有的人都不清楚菜单是什么
don't really know the menu until the morning we come in.
我想要先用油锅炒出蒜膏
I want to make a cream from garlic that we cook down in oil.
之后再将新鲜的大褐菇擦成碎末
Then we're gonna grate raw portabella mushroom
撒在蒜膏上
over the top of that.
实验日这一天的晚餐
As a diner on experimental Tuesdays,
你是真的把自己的命运交给老天手里了
you are literally in the hands of the gods, put it that way.
因为你完全不知道要往哪个方向走
Because you just don't know what you're getting.
之后我们要做一道西澳小龙虾
Then we wanna do a dish of Western Australian marron.
我们已经敲晕小龙虾并杀好了
We've killed the marron to order by brain-spiking it.
开工吧
Let's get started.
本的实验日这个想法实在是巧妙
Ben's experimental Tuesdays have been a smart idea.
我是说 你必须要推陈出新
It's like, well, you need to develop stuff up,
你必须要反复尝试
and you need guinea pigs.
那为什么不选在顾客最少的周二晚上
So, why not pick your quietest night of the week,
用更低的价格让食客来品尝
and invite people in at a cheaper rate
于过程中窥见事物 去了解菜肴呢?
to see things in progress, to understand dishes?
你会发现既有那些...
And you'll see dishes that are...
惨不忍♥睹的 之后永不得见天日的菜品
disastrous and will never see the light of day,
也有一些可以
and you'll also see dishes
拿出来作为招牌菜的菜品
that will become a signature on the menu.
我之所以热爱实验日是因为
What I like about Tuesdays is
可以看到一位真正有创造力的大♥师♥工作
that you really see the workings of a real creative person.
阿敏·沙卡思
阿提卡
可以看到一位真正有创造力的大♥师♥工作
that you really see the workings of a real creative person.
阿敏·沙卡思
阿提卡
或许最能看到他的大脑是如何思考的
It's probably the closest you get to how his mind works.
阿敏·沙卡思
阿提卡
或许最能看到他的大脑是如何思考的
It's probably the closest you get to how his mind works.
把醋直接点在贻贝上 行吗?
Get the vinegar straight on the mussels, okay?
还是把滨藜放在奶酪上面?
Or should the saltbush go on top of the cheese?
是的 我觉得可以 是吧?
Yeah. I think it should, eh?
够了吗?
Enough?
-再来点? -嗯
-More? -Yeah.
这个拿起来 再把滨藜摆上去
Just take it off and put the saltbush on.
我觉得这道菜味道一定不错
I think this is gonna taste nice,
但老实告诉你
but to be completely honest with you,
我实在是不喜欢像这样
I don't really like it when I get a dish
完全看不到这是什么的菜
which I can't see what it is.
如果你静下来扪心自问
If you're being honest with yourself,
你从来都没有烹饪过这些食材
you've never cooked any of these things before,
那在第一天的晚上就为
and it's difficult to cook
五十五位顾客做这道菜 是十分困难的
them well for 55 people on the first night.
你必须要快速地做出选择
You're just having to make split-second decisions
并祈祷你的决定是正确的
and hoping that they're the right ones.
实际上我不是很喜欢刚刚做的那道菜
I actually don't like what I just did then.
我更喜欢它不被黄油盖住的时候
I liked it before it was covered with butter.
我认为在顶级餐厅
I think what's interesting about
做实验菜品有趣的一点是
the experimentation in top restaurants is,
菜谱永远都不会改变
it's always there on the menu.
重要的是对细节的调整
It just depends how you do the fine-tuning.
然而像阿提卡这样的小餐馆
And with a small restaurant like Attica,
你没有足够的钱
you don't have the financial luxury
去雇七十个人 仅仅是为了对酱汁进行微调
of 70 people working all the time, just fine-tuning a sauce.
那是不可能的
That doesn't happen.
到了大约5点 5点半 甚至6点
Until about 5:00, 5:30, 6:00,
我还在想 "这道菜会是什么样子?"
I'm still thinking, "What's the dish gonna be like?"
尝尝吧
Go for it.
怎么样?
How is it?
觉得如何?
What do you think?
在告诉我们他自己的想法之前 他会问
Before he tells us what he feels, he'll ask us,
"你们觉得如何?"
"What do you think about the dish?"
这让我们很欣慰
And it's nice to know that,
因为 即便后厨等级严明
even us, who with the hierarchy of the kitchen,
杜尔加·孟茶妮
阿提卡
而我们处于最底层 他也愿意倾听我们的想法
we're at the bottom, he'll still want to know our opinion.
杜尔加·孟茶妮
阿提卡
而我们处于最底层 他也愿意倾听我们的想法
we're at the bottom, he'll still want to know our opinion.
怎么样?
How'd that go?
树柿尝起来好多了
Tamarillo is a lot nicer.
对 我觉得应该加一撮盐还是什么的?
Yeah. I feel like they need a touch of salt, or something?
加盐也无妨 无妨
Couldn't hurt. Couldn't hurt.
除此之外我觉味道都很均衡
I think it's pretty well balanced apart from that.
-好 下一道吧 -好的
-All right, let's move on. -All right.
大厨的餐桌 第五集
大厨的餐桌 第五集
剧集 | 主厨的餐桌(2015) | 导航列表