and make that a really wonderful experience for people.
-嗨 晚上好! 您好吗? -嗨 还不错
-Hello, good evening! How are you? -Hi. Good.
欢迎 很高兴您能光临
Welcome. Nice to have you.
另一方面 他觉得有一种责任
On the other hand, a responsibility
应对天然健康的食物保持
to be an ever-curious and
永久的兴趣 并发出声音为其吸引更广泛的注意
ever-vigilant voice for ethical, sustainable food.
我们今年做了点小小的改变
We did something a little bit different this year.
我觉得厨师们至关重要
I think that chefs play a really key role
因为我们现在的力量是前所未有只大
because we have this power now that we never had.
员工 餐会
因为我们现在的力量是前所未有只大
because we have this power now that we never had.
员工 餐会
并不是很久以前
Not that long ago,
员工 餐会
员工 餐会
厨师们处于底下厨房♥
chefs were in the dungeons
员工 餐会
厨师们处于底下厨房♥
chefs were in the dungeons
没有人听取他们的意见
of the kitchen and they were never heard from.
这样的状况已经改变 为了更好地发展
That's changed, for the good, whether you believe that
不管你是不是觉得厨师们应该享有现今如名人一般的地位...
chefs should have the celebrity status they have now or not...
但通过厨师们作为媒介去传播我们的这些理念
but to use chefs as the canvas to broadcast these ideas
是正确的思考方向
is the right way to think about it.
这是一个黄油杯小南瓜
This is a buttercup squash.
好 很棒
Great. Super exciting.
不只是丹一个人
It's bigger than Dan.
如果没有许多人的共同努力 这些都不会成功
None of this works without the collaboration of a lot of people,
而这些人需要志趣相投
and those people need to be like-minded
他们都需要有改变现状的想法
in the sense that they're trying to change the status quo,
这种情况下他可以是以为激励人心的领导者
and that's where he can be a really inspirational leader.
蓝山农村正在进行着非常令人兴奋的试验
Very exciting experiment happening at Blue Hill Farm.
每日 例行菜单会议
蓝山农村正在进行着非常令人兴奋的试验
Very exciting experiment happening at Blue Hill Farm.
每日 例行菜单会议
正如你们所知 我们...
As you know, we...
每日 例行菜单会议
正如你们所知 我们...
As you know, we...
与丹共事最大的挑战在于
The biggest challenge of working with Dan is
我们总是在前进 推动 寻找新东西
we're always moving, pushing, looking for something new,
亚当·凯耶
副董事长/烹调行政,蓝色山丘
我们总是在前进 推动 寻找新东西
we're always moving, pushing, looking for something new,
亚当·凯耶
副董事长/烹调行政,蓝色山丘
寻找新角度
looking for a new angle,
亚当·凯耶
副董事长/烹调行政,蓝色山丘
亚当·凯耶
副董事长/烹调行政,蓝色山丘
寻找重新看待我们正在做的事情的新方法
looking for a way to rethink what we're doing.
亚当·凯耶
副董事长/烹调行政,蓝色山丘
寻找重新看待我们正在做的事情的新方法
looking for a way to rethink what we're doing.
我从来没有觉得我们已经到达终点了
I've never felt like we've arrived,
我也觉得我们永远不会达到终点
and I don't think we ever will arrive.
有时候会非常艰难和沮丧
There are times that can be very difficult and frustrating.
我说实话 真的挺让人沮丧的
I'll be totally honest. It can be quite frustrating,
但同时也是异常的兴奋
but it's also incredibly
能够参与到那样的事情中
exciting to be a part of something like that.
我们今年秋季的工作已经准备好了
We got our work cut out for us this fall
把这一理念
to bring this message to
带入餐厅并分享动人的成就
the dining room and share the excitement.
我的一个朋友说 "世界需要更多的狂热者"
Friend of mine said, "The world needs more zealots,"
指的就是我兄弟
referring to my brother.
真的是这样 我们需要一直钻研的人
It's true. You need somebody who's gonna keep driving,
一生致力于其追求的人...
devoting their life to their pursuit...
而丹致力于变革
and Dan is about change.
好的 伙计们 我们要开始工作了 谢谢大家
Okay, guys, we gotta go to work. Thank you.
-谢谢 主厨 -让我们开始制♥造♥美食吧
-Thank you, Chef. -Let's go do some good.
那样的负责任的声音
And the volume of that
和连锁反应简直是令人沉醉
responsibility and the ripple effects are intoxicating.
你用这个行吗 还是已经拿到了?
Are you cool for this or you got it already?
都是你的了
It's all yours.
我从来没有和任何会在一线与你一同工作的主厨
I've never worked with a chef that is in the trenches with you.
从参与早晨的菜单讨论会
From our menu meetings in
到一路上解决各种问题
the morning to running around all service long.
恩 我们一起来做这个 好吗?
Yeah, let's do this together, no?
他在那里 每天和我们一起烹饪
He's in there, cooking with us every single day.
这里我们该上烤面包了 对吗?
Now we wanna do toast, right?
永不言弃的人会赢得他人的目光
People who don't give up get other people's attention,
而我觉得丹的决心流淌在他的血液中
and I think that determination with Dan runs through every vein.
我是说 他真的从不放弃...
I mean, he just does not quit...
从不
ever.
我们有4头猪要做 对吗? 4头猪?
We're plating four pig, right? Four pig, yes?
是的 主厨!
Yes, Chef!
-接下来是8只鸭子 - 是的!
-Behind that, eight duck. - Yes!
十分激励人心 但是也令人敬畏
You know, it's inspiring, but it's also daunting
看着他们一生致力于
to watch them throw their
追求做得更好
entire life behind the pursuit of being better,
追求见多识广 追求精益求精
being more knowledgeable, being more thorough.
如果不能做到极致完美 就不要做
If it's not gonna be perfect, don't do it.
我觉得人们真的只觉得
I think people really just
他只是坐在那写很多东西 是个思考者
think he sits and writes a lot and is a thinker,
但他的职业生涯真的是一个一直在工作的厨师
but he's truly a working chef this far into his career.
很多其他的主厨不那样做 而他却一直都在
A lot of other chefs aren't doing that. He's there all the time.
有点太多了...为他考虑 不过这只是我的想法
Too much... for his own good, but that's just me.
那种奉献到所做事情中的驱动力和投入是昂贵的
That kind of drive or devotion to what you're doing is expensive.
代价是什么?
What's the cost?
他有一个女儿
He has a daughter.
他有一个家庭 一个18个月大的孩子
He started a family. He's got an 18-month old.
我希望那会给他带来喜悦和回报
So I hope that that proves a joy and a reward for him.
我希望能有所平衡
You know, I hope that there's a balance.
-今晚我们吃梅子甜菜沙拉 - 甜菜?
-Tonight, we have beet salad with plums. - Beets?
很不错 谢谢
Yum. Thank you.
想吃个梅子吗 宝宝?
Want a little plum, baba?
-要梅梅吗?
-You want plum-a?
你想让我吃?
You want me to have it?
是给丹尼尔的? 好吧 也算公平
That's for Daniel? Okay, that seems fair.
据我回忆他小时候 他是个相对比较安静的孩子
As I reflect back on him as a kid, he was a relatively quiet kid.
并没有什么天赋异禀
You know, he wasn't bursting with talent.
我母亲在我4岁的时候去世了
My mother died when I was four.
她得了癌症 所以我只好经常自己做饭吃
She had cancer, so I ended up doing a lot of cooking for myself,
这一切可能就是从那时开始的
and that's probably where this all started.
我觉得我们两个有意识或无意识的
I think we were consciously and unconsciously
互相充满保护欲
quite protective of one another
确保
and making sure that
那时一切都能进展顺利
things went as best as they could at the time.
他一直很善于观察 口才很好又不那么锋芒毕露
He was always observant. He was articulate but not outspoken,
他学东西很快 是个很好的学习者
and he was a good learner. He was a good studier.
这占据了他大量的时间
It took a disproportionate amount of his time,
然后人们就会问
and people would question,
"你真的想花那么多时间读书?
"Do you really wanna spend that kind of time reading?
你真的想花这么多时间
Do you really wanna spend that kind of time
致力于写作?"
working on your writing?"
比如"你的目的是什么?"
Like, "What's your goal?"
我觉得在这个过程中
And I think along the way, he
他逐渐决定了要朝那个方向努力
was deciding what he was gonna put his efforts to.
据我所知他第一次迷恋上食物是面包
His first love in food that I was aware of was bread.
他读大学的时候我去看他
I came to visit him at college and he had,
他那里差不多有六袋面包
like, six bags of bread
然后他让我尝了所有的那些不同种类的面包
and he had me tasting all these different breads
并且想知道我的想法
and wanting to know what I thought
为什么我觉得这个不一样
and why I thought this was
他为什么喜欢这个或那个
different and what he liked about this or that,
然后我说"这些面包是怎么回事?"
and I was like, "What's with the bread?"
他只是说"我不知道
He's just like, "I don't know.
我觉得等我毕业之后 我想要做烘焙"
I think when I graduate, I wanna bake."
我搬到洛杉矶与南希西弗敦在拉布瑞面包店共事
I moved to LA to work with Nancy Silverton at La Brea Bakery
那个时候这家家店被认为是全美最好的
which was, at the time, considered the best in America
而且他们算是改变了我们对面包的普遍定义
剧集 | 主厨的餐桌(2015) | 导航列表