那正是我想达到的效果
That's what I'm trying to get at.
我试着能将顾客们带回到他们生命中美好的时光
I'm trying to take people back to those times in their life
使他们回想起深爱他们的人
where people who loved them
曾经别有深情地为他们下厨
cooked for them in a way which was really meaningful,
对他们深感欣慰
and really satisfying for them.
阿提卡菜园|利本·李庄园,墨尔本
我刚搬到澳大利亚
When I first moved to Australia,
所见之处 皆是不同国家的影子
everywhere I looked, there was influences of different countries.
当我走进一家餐馆
And when I looked at a
我在菜单上看到了意大利调味饭
restaurant and I saw a risotto on the menu,
但它并没有引起我的澳式情节
it didn't invoke a sense of Australia in me.
那也正是我们开始
And that's one of the reasons why
使用澳洲本地食材的原因之一
we started working with native ingredients of Australia.
99.9%的食材
Most people have never heard of
大多数人从没听过
99.9% of these ingredients.
人♥民♥大众
These are just things that
几乎都不熟悉它们
are totally unfamiliar to the general public.
澳洲就是有这样一个隐形的充满新鲜味道的颜料盒供大家把玩
Australia has this hidden paint box of new flavors to play with.
看像本一样的大厨做烹饪的美妙之处在于
What's fascinating about watching chefs like Ben is
你会饥饿 你会产生食欲
there's a hunger, a desire,
你会想尝试 想学会这门
to try and find ways of turning
烹饪手艺
them into a gastronomic culinary experience.
我们刚开始用这些当地食材
When we're working with the native ingredients,
总是很难驾驭好它们
they're very hard to harness.
因为网上没有关于它们的任何信息
There's no information on the Internet about them,
也没有任何书籍写有运用它们的食谱
there's no books that have recipes using them.
当你在研制一道菜 比如说 袋鼠
When you're developing a dish like the kangaroo dish,
你总是想做好它 并用尽多种方式去尝试
you wanna take it and work with it as many ways as possible.
无论它是三个月还是两年
Over that time,
在那期间
whether it be three months or two years,
你总是会想 "总有一天 我会解开
you're always thinking, "One day, I'm gonna unlock
那种原料的美妙
the greatness of that ingredient.
我会找到最美味
I'm gonna find the most delicious
最自然的方式去烹饪它"
and most natural way of cooking with it."
盐渍红袋鼠
与南洋杉
这是我们国家传统的重要组成部分
This is an important part of our country's heritage.
澳洲人♥民♥应该为拥有这样的食材而感到自豪
Australians should have a sense of pride in these ingredients,
他们应该知晓它们是怎样的味道
they should know what they taste like.
毕竟这种根系纽带
Because the connection to your roots
是所有事情里最重要之一
is really one of the most important things of all.
阿华基诺|新西兰
我们在新西兰长大
Growing up in New Zealand,
父母赋予了我们无穷的自♥由♥
we were given incredible freedom from our parents.
他们给我们最大的礼物就是自我信念
Their great gift to us was a sense of self-belief
还有他们的时间
and their time,
时间正是
which is the most valuable
你能带给孩子的最宝贵的东西
thing that you can give a child, is time.
孩童时代 我们有过疯狂的冒险经历
As kids, we had these amazing adventures.
我八岁那年 我的妹妹泰丝六岁
When I was eight years old and my sister, Tess, was six,
我俩从我家出发 徒步两小时
we tramped two hours from our house by ourselves,
走到当地的灌木林
into the native bush.
我们走进一间小屋 在这里过了一夜
We walked to this hut and we camped there the night.
我们懂得灌木林的哪些植物可以食用
We understood which plants that you could eat in the bush.
我们摘了一些野生浆果和黑莓
We picked wild berries, and we picked blackberries,
我们在河边捕捉鳗鱼
and we fished for eels in the stream.
我们做了太多疯狂的事情
We did so many amazing things.
尽管我从来不觉得金钱富裕
While we never felt rich in money,
我们的家族精神却很富足 我们总是有吃不完的食物
we were rich in family spirit, and we were always rich in food.
我们的农场中会举♥行♥杭吉
There was hangis being held on our farm,
杭吉: 传统新西兰毛利人将热的石头与食物一起放到坑里的一种烹饪方式。
杭吉: 传统新西兰毛利人将热的石头与食物一起放到坑里的一种烹饪方式。
由我的叔叔们和我的父母组织起来
organized by my uncles and my mom and dad.
杭吉: 传统新西兰毛利人将热的石头与食物一起放到坑里的一种烹饪方式。
杭吉: 传统新西兰毛利人将热的石头与食物一起放到坑里的一种烹饪方式。
挖一个坑 生起火
When you dig a pit and build a fire
杭吉: 传统新西兰毛利人将热的石头与食物一起放到坑里的一种烹饪方式。
杭吉: 传统新西兰毛利人将热的石头与食物一起放到坑里的一种烹饪方式。
然后将这些食材埋进土壤中
and put these ingredients into the earth,
杭吉: 传统新西兰毛利人将热的石头与食物一起放到坑里的一种烹饪方式。
杭吉: 传统新西兰毛利人将热的石头与食物一起放到坑里的一种烹饪方式。
等过上12个小时 再将它们挖出来
and then 12 hours later, to dig them up,
杭吉: 传统新西兰毛利人将热的石头与食物一起放到坑里的一种烹饪方式。
杭吉: 传统新西兰毛利人将热的石头与食物一起放到坑里的一种烹饪方式。
你会发现它们居然摇身一变
and they've been transformed...
杭吉: 传统新西兰毛利人将热的石头与食物一起放到坑里的一种烹饪方式。
杭吉: 传统新西兰毛利人将热的石头与食物一起放到坑里的一种烹饪方式。
然后与你爱的人和你的朋友
That's a really amazing thing
杭吉: 传统新西兰毛利人将热的石头与食物一起放到坑里的一种烹饪方式。
杭吉: 传统新西兰毛利人将热的石头与食物一起放到坑里的一种烹饪方式。
一起分享这令人惊艳的美食
to share with people that you love and your friends.
杭吉: 传统新西兰毛利人将热的石头与食物一起放到坑里的一种烹饪方式。
在农场你从来不会疑问
On the farm, you're in never any doubt
这些食物来自于哪 它们之间有着怎样的联♥系♥
where food comes from and the connection of it.
有一次
There's one incident,
我们到海边
where we'd gone to the
为家庭聚餐采集贝类海鲜
coast to harvest shellfish for a family meal.
沿着这个古老的隧♥道♥往前走
You walk through this very old tunnel,
它一直通往这个海湾
and it opens up into this cove.
附近找不到可以说话的人
There's no people around to speak of.
在这块地方曾有两对父子溺水
Two sets of fathers and sons had drowned at the spot,
所以在这里游泳非常危险
so it's a dangerous place to swim.
我在离海岸大约100米的地方
I was offshore, maybe 100 meters.
我下水游到一块有大量贻贝附着的礁石那
I'd swum out to a reef with a lot of mussels on it.
当我的家人在岸边玩耍时
My family was playing on the shore,
我背朝海面漂浮着
and I had my back to the sea.
突然一股大浪袭来 把我打翻了
And a big wave came in and it knocked me over,
海浪把我卷过了暗礁
and it dragged me across the reef.
我浮上水面呼吸 另一股浪就又打了过来
I came up for air, and another wave hit me.
海浪再次把我压进海里 猛地击在我身上
And it pushed me down again and it bashed me.
我再次浮上水面 第三股浪又压了过来
I came up again and a third wave had come,
海浪把我往下拖
and it held me down.
我溺水了
And I was drowning.
我始终记着那种被往下拖着的感觉
I do remember the feeling of being held down.
我记得当时的我是多么得孤独 你懂得
I remember how lonely I was. You know, like--
我对自己会葬身于此感到
And how lost I was and how upset I was
无比的无助和沮丧 你懂那种感觉吗?
about how this was gonna be the end, you know?
是我的父亲 我心中永远的英雄
And my father, who was always my great hero,
他潜到海里 救了我
he swam in and saved me.
那正是我的父亲 他时时刻刻都关注着我们
That's the thing about my dad, he was always watching us.
那是谁啊?
Who's that?
- 妈妈! - 妈妈!
-Mommy! -Mommy!
让我们看看能不能找到爸爸?
And... shall we see if we can find Daddy?
那是谁啊?
Who's that?
- 爸爸! - 爸爸!
-Daddy! - Daddy!
27岁那年 我成为了一名厨师
When I was 27 years old, I was working as a cook.
我跟我妻子有了一个小宝宝
My wife and I had had a baby,
那时我的薪水不足以养活全家人
and my wage was not enough to support my family.
因此 我需要找到一份主厨的工作
And so, I needed to find a head chef's job.
我家和阿提卡同处一个社区
I lived in the same neighborhood as Attica.
我时常从餐厅外经过
I used to walk past the front of the restaurant
觉得这个地方品质尚可 却没有灵魂
and think that it had good bones, but no soul.
我应聘到了这里主厨的工作
I applied for the job and got it.
我想这里也许...
I probably thought it was gonna be
会比表面看上去更有灵气一些
a little bit more glossy than it was in reality.
我当时并没有意识到...
I didn't actually...
阿提卡那个时候的财政状况
realize the financial state of Attica at that point.
餐厅欠了供应商十五万美元的债务
We owed $150,000 to our suppliers.
我们必须要通过透♥支♥信♥用♥卡♥来采购商品
We had to get credit cards and max them out to pay for things.
顾客也寥寥无几
And it didn't have any customers.
最初事态真的很紧急
In the early days, it was
詹森·庄
前任副厨师长,阿提卡
最初事态真的很紧急
In the early days, it was
他全身心地投入
pretty intense 'cause he was so focused.
詹森·庄
前任副厨师长,阿提卡
詹森·庄
前任副厨师长,阿提卡
早上差不多七点就开始工作
Work started at, like, maybe at 7:00 in the morning.
一整天不停地紧张准备
And we'd go hardcore all day,
就等着晚上六点餐馆开门
just be ready by 6:00, and then doors were open,
然而却一位顾客都没来
剧集 | 主厨的餐桌(2015) | 导航列表