剧集 | 太空堡垒卡拉狄加(2004) | 导航列表
What frakking system?
什么他妈的体制?
Mr. Adama!
亚当玛先生!
I'm sorry, Your Honor.
抱歉 法官大人
Please excuse my associate.
请原谅我的同事
All right, all right. I'll try something else.
好吧 好吧 我换个问题
Do you believe that the defendant deserves a fair trial?
你认为被告应得到公正的审判吗?
As a matter of fact, I do. Why?
事实上 我认为是的 为什么?
Well, aside from the fact that everyone deserves a fair trial,
抛开每人都理应得到 公正的审判这一事实不说
I also happen to believe that he is not guilty of the charges
我恰恰相信他没有罪
and should be acquitted.
应当被无罪释放
Your Honors, I must insist on an exception here!
法官大人 我必须坚持反对
He cannot testify in this manner. It's completely improper.
他不能采用这种方式作证 这根本不合适
I agree. He can make his arguments
我同意 他可以在结案陈词中
in closing statements, not on the stand.
阐述此观点 不能在作证时说
I'm inclined to agree with the prosecution.
我同意控方所说的这一点
CASSIDY: Thank you.
谢谢
You can appeal to the President if you feel that this influences the verdict.
如果你认为此做法影响了判决结果 你可以向总统上诉
But I, for one,
但就我个人来讲...
would like to hear this witness testify.
想听一下这位证人作证
MALE JUDGE: I would second that.
我赞成
Continue.
继续
Thank you, Your Honors.
谢谢 法官大人
Mr. Adama?
亚当玛先生
Mr. Adama!
亚当玛先生
Yes?
在
Why do you believe that the defendant, Gaius Baltar, deserves to be acquitted?
你为何认为被告盖尤斯·波塔尔是无罪的?
Well, because the evidence does not support the charges.
因为没有证据能证明他所受到的指控
Come on.
不是吧
Did the defendant make mistakes?
被告有过错吗?
Sure. He did.
当然有
Serious mistakes. But did he actually commit any crimes?
严重的错误 但他真的犯了什么罪吗?
Did he commit treason? No.
他犯了叛国罪吗? 没有
I mean, it was an impossible situation.
当时的情况非人力可抗拒
When the Cylons arrived, what could he possibly do?
当赛昂人到来之时 他又能怎么办?
What could anyone have done?
谁又能做些什么?
I mean, ask yourself. What would you have done?
各位扪心自问 你们会怎么做?
What would you have done?
你们又能做些什么?
If he had refused to surrender, the Cylons would have probably
如果他拒绝投降 赛昂人可能当即
nuked the planet right then and there.
就会用核弹炸平整个星球
So, did he appear to cooperate with the Cylons? Sure.
他和赛昂人合作了? 当然
So did hundreds of others.
其他数百名民众也一样
What's the difference between him and them?
他和他们又有什么不同?
The President issued a blanket pardon.
总统发布了一条集体赦免令
They were all forgiven. No questions asked.
他们都被赦免了 未被审问
Colonel Tigh.
泰上校
Colonel Tigh used suicide bombers and killed dozens of people. Forgiven.
泰上校利用自杀式炸♥弹♥袭击者杀死了几十人 被赦免
Lieutenant Agathon and Chief Tyrol.
阿格森中尉和蒂罗尔轮机长
They murdered an officer on the Pegasus. Forgiven.
他们在帕伽索斯上杀害了一名军官 被赦免
The Admiral... The Admiral instituted a military coup d'etat
上将 上将针对总统发动了一场…
against the President.
军事政♥变♥
Forgiven.
被赦免
And me?
而我呢?
Well...
呃
Where do I begin?
我该从何说起?
I shot down a civilian passenger ship.
我击落了一艘民用船
The Olympic Carrier. Over a thousand people on board. Forgiven.
奥林匹克号♥ 船上载有千余名民众 被赦免
I raised my weapon to a superior officer.
我把枪口对准上级
Committed an act of mutiny. Forgiven.
发动兵变 被赦免
And then, on the very day when Baltar surrendered to those Cylons,
而就在波塔尔向赛昂人俯首称臣的那天
I, as commander of the Pegasus, jumped away!
我作为帕伽索斯的指挥官临阵脱逃
I left everybody on that planet, alone, undefended, for months!
把手无寸铁的民众单独丢在那颗星球上达数月之久
I even tried to persuade the Admiral never to return.
我甚至还劝说上将永远不要回来
To abandon you all there for good.
为求自保 把你们全丢在这里
If I'd had my way, nobody would have made it off that planet.
如果按我说的去做 没人能离开那颗星球
I'm the coward. I'm the traitor.
我才是懦夫 我才是叛徒
I'm forgiven.
而我被赦免了
I'd say we're very forgiving of mistakes.
我不得不说 我们对待错误很宽容
We make our own laws now, our own justice,
我们制定了自己的法律 自己的司法
and we've been pretty creative at finding ways to let people off the hook
而从偷窃到谋杀 我们在寻找使大家
for everything from theft to murder.
免受法律制裁的方法上极富创造力
And we've had to be. Because...
我们只能这样 因为…
Because we're not a civilization anymore.
因为我们不再是一个文明的社会
We are a gang. And we're on the run.
我们是一群乌合之众 我们在逃亡
And we have to fight to survive! We have to break rules!
我们必须拼命活下来 必须破例
We have to bend laws! We have to improvise!
必须枉法 必须因人而异
But not this time. No.
可这次却不行 不行
Not this time.
这次不行
Not for Gaius Baltar.
对盖尤斯·波塔尔就不行
No. You!
不 你!
You have to die.
你必须死
You have to die because, well, because we don't like you very much.
你必须死 因为我们非常不喜欢你
Because you're arrogant. Because you're weak.
因为你自大 因为你软弱
Because you're a coward.
因为你是一个孬种
And we, the mob, we want to throw you out the airlock
我们是暴民 我们要把你扔出过渡舱
because you didn't stand up to the Cylons and get yourself killed in the process
因为你没有反抗赛昂人 没有光荣牺牲
That's justice now!
这就是现在的司法
You should have been killed back on New Caprica,
你就应该在新卡布里卡上丧命
but since you had the temerity to live, we're going to execute you now!
可因为你苟且偷生 我们就要处决你
That's justice!
这就是司法!
Order. Order!
肃静 肃静
This case...
这个案件...
This case is built on emotion. On anger.
是建立在私人情感之上 建立在愤怒…
Bitterness. Vengeance.
怨恨… 报复之上
But most of all, it is built on shame.
然而最根本的 还是建立在耻辱之上
It's about the shame
是在那颗星球上
of what we did to ourselves back on that planet.
我们对自己人那些所作所为的耻辱
And it's about the guilt
是我们之中...
of those of us who ran away.
那些充当逃兵的人的内疚
Who ran away.
那些充当逃兵的人
And we are trying to dump all that guilt and all that shame onto one man,
而我们却要把全部罪责与耻辱 都推卸到那一个人身上
and then flush him out the airlock
然后把他冲出过渡舱
and hope that, that just gets rid of it all!
希望这一切都随之而去
So that we can live with ourselves.
这样我们就能够心安理得
But that won't work.
这样做是徒劳的
That won't work. That's not justice.
是徒劳的 那不是公正
Not to me.
对我来说不是
Not to me.
对我来说不是
No further questions.
没有问题了
Your Honors, I wish to reiterate my strong exception
法官大人 我希望再次重申一下
to defense counsel's testimony.
我强烈反对辩方法律顾问作证
FRANKS: Exception noted.
我们已经注意到了
Thank you.
谢谢
Did you want to cross-examine the witness?
你想诘问证人吗?
I have no questions for defense counsel.
我没有问题要问辩方法律顾问
FRANKS: Witness is excused.
证人请退庭
Do you want to call any other witnesses?
你还要传唤其他证人吗?
Your Honors,
法官大人
I don't wish to belabor this any longer.
我不想再拖延下去了
The defense rests.
辩方停止辩护
FRANKS: Very well.
很好
This court will adjourn to consider a verdict.
法庭休庭 商议判决
What a glorious moment in jurisprudence.
这真是法学史上一个辉煌的时刻
You did a great job.
你做得很好
GUARD: All rise!
全体起立
Before I read the verdict, I'd like to make one thing clear.
在宣布判决结果之前 我想先说明一件事
Like everything human, justice is imperfect.
如同人类一样 司法制度并非尽善尽美
It's flawed.
它有瑕疵
But it's those very imperfections
然而正是这些不足之处
that separates us from the machines.
使得我们有别于那些机器
And maybe even makes us a species worth saving.
甚至可能让我们成为一个值得挽救的物种
剧集 | 太空堡垒卡拉狄加(2004) | 导航列表