《末日谜杀》
第一季第一集
(书籍)
「两人甚至抬头望向同一个半月」
"...both even be looking up at the same half-moon."
谢谢奥托
Thank you, Otto.
下一段书籍朗读后 奥托会在那一头签书
Otto will be signing just over there right after this next reading.
好 下一位作家的作品是《无名小银》
Okay, our next author has written a book called The Silver Doe.
这是她的处♥女♥作 是真实犯罪谜团
Her first. A true crime mystery.
让我们以掌声欢迎作者妲比哈特上台
Please welcome author Darby Hart to the stage.
(《无名小银》) (妲比哈特着)
我在爱荷华州洛斯特内申长大 我爸是郡政♥府♥的验尸官
So, I grew up in Lost Nation, Iowa. Um, my dad was the county coroner.
因此我常常接触到尸体
So I, uh, spent a lot of time around dead bodies.
全美有四万名身分不明的死者
There are 40,000 unidentified dead in the United States.
据信大约一半的人死于意外
Around half of those are thought to be accidental deaths.
车祸 心脏病发
Car crashes, heart attacks.
但另一半则是尚未侦破的谋杀案
But the other half are unsolved murders.
就像出现在我家乡城镇边缘的无名氏女性
Like the Jane Doe that turned up on the edge of my town.
她当时已作古多时
She'd been there a long time.
只剩下骨骸和一对银耳环
All that was left of her were her bones and a pair of silver earrings.
我都叫她「无名小银」
I called her Silver Doe.
我十五岁的时候
When I was 15,
骇进了登录身分不明死者的联邦资料库
I hacked the federal database of the unidentified dead.
那道防火墙后的天大秘密
And the great secret behind that firewall...
就是绝大多数的无名死者都是女性
...is that the majority of the unnamed dead are women.
数以千计 凶手仍然在逃
Thousands and thousands of them, whose killers will never be found.
但是…
But, um...
要阐述我的故事 我就必须提到比尔
I can't tell you my story without telling you about Bill.
我们是在侦探爱好者网路论♥坛♥上认识的
We met on an amateur sleuthing forum online.
我们都相信「无名小银」
We both believed that the Silver Doe
只是犯案无数的凶手手下的其一受害者
was just one of many victims of the same killer.
调查一年后
After a year of investigating,
我们认为我们查到了 那个连环杀手的第一个已知地址
we found what we believed to be the serial killer's first known address.
我要从这里开始朗读 但这其实是最后一段
So I'm gonna start there, which is, uh, which is actually the end,
大家都告诫我不要在朗读会上念最后一段
which I was told you're not meant to do at, at these readings,
但我还是要念
but, uh, yeah, I'm gonna do it anyway.
(争论)
「我有时很纳闷 我那时不去会不会比较好 」
"I sometimes wonder, would it have been better... not to go?"
我把这种时刻想作网球比赛的赛末点…
I think about it like a match point in tennis
(耳语群沙汽车旅馆)
或要掷硬币的时候 比赛 赌注…
or a coin toss. When the game, the bet,
(感谢莅临)
或你的人生可能就此天翻地覆
your life could go one way or another.
也许我本来可以做出更好的决定 但我当时做不到
Maybe I could have made better choices, but I couldn't have made them then.
第一次坠入爱河的同时 还要追缉连环杀手
It's really hard to fall in love for the first time
真的很困难
while tracking a serial killer.
我们打算怎么做
We're just gonna, what,
闯入潜在连环杀手的家里吗
break into a potential serial killer's house?
是空屋 比尔 那里要卖♥♥掉了 -但还是得闯进去
Vacant house, Bill. It's for sale. It's still breaking and entering.
你之前开赃车来载我耶 -然后呢
You picked me up in a stolen car. And
把他家翻过一遍 希望能找到他的第一个受害者吗
then we're gonna, what, we're gonna tear up the house in hopes of finding his first victim?
听着 如果你想放弃回家没关系 我自己去也行
Look, if you want to give up and go home, that's fine. I can do this on my own.
那联邦调查局呢
What about the FBI?
他们不会在乎2000年代的悬案
They're not gonna care about a cold case from the 2000s.
如果有新的证据呢
And what if it's not cold anymore?
我们至少能告诉警方 我们目前追查到的结果
Or at least let's just tell the police
他们才知道我们要去哪 我是说… -好让警方阻止我们
where we are so they know where we're going. I mean... What, so they can stop us
证明他们当中有人是连环杀手吗
from proving that one of their own was a killer?
比尔 如果我们不去 就没人会去了
Bill, if we don't do this, no one will.
天啊
Oh, my God, you're...
你真的很难搞
You're fucking impossible.
我不要 我不想去 我不去
I'm not doing it. I don't want to go. I'm not doing it.
接近破案之际 心神也濒临崩溃
The thing about getting close on a case is that you actually start to burn.
唯有破案才能解决一切
And the only way to put out the fire is to solve it.
混♥蛋♥
Asshole.
(音乐)
(随机播放)
不 别切 我喜欢这首
No, no, leave it on, I...
一英里后 向右下交流道
In one mile exit right.
旁观者一眼就能看出 我们的所作所为太过轻率
From a distance it's easy to see that what we did was reckless.
但我们当时就快找到 那名连环杀手的第一位受害者
But we were so close to finding the killer's first victim,
我不知道如何放弃
I didn't know how to give up
或察觉到逐渐逼近的危险
or how to sense danger when danger was closing in.
右转
Turn right.
394号♥
394.
394号♥ 这里 -好
394 here. -All right.
骇入金钥会运用这个玩具处理器…
The hack uses this toy's processor
靠暴♥力♥攻击解开车♥库♥门的密♥码♥
to brute-force the garage door code.
大概要多久时间
What's this take, timewise?
这是固定密♥码♥
Well, it's fixed-code entry,
玩具必须把所有可能的数字组合跑过一遍
so the toy has to run through every number combination possible.
大概有256或4096种 看情况
So that's, like, 256 or 4,096, depending.
你去哪学来的
Where'd you pick this up?
我十二岁时在骇客论♥坛♥学到的 这是李安德森以前的编码
Hacker forum, when I was 12. It's vintage Lee Andersen.
那家伙是什么人 -是女生
Who's he? She.
史上最伟大的女性程式设计师
Only the greatest female coder to have ever lived.
她写了一份宣言 提到厌女情结摧毁了
She wrote this manifesto on how misogyny
网路早期的承诺
was destroying the early promise of the Internet.
他们肉搜她 -什么
They doxed her. What?
做报复性色情片
Made revenge porn,
砍了她狗狗的头 放在她家门前 超变♥态♥
cut off her dog's head, put it on her doorstep. Fucked.
该死
Fuck.
她现在在哪
Where is she now?
没人知道
No one knows.
这也是一大网路世纪之谜
It's like one of the great mysteries of the Internet.
她销声匿迹了
She disappeared herself.
你有想过要找她吗
You ever think about looking for her?
李吗 她不需要我的帮助
Lee? She doesn't need my help.
我其实没试过这个骇入方法
I've never actually tried this hack before.
快点 快啊
Come on, come on.
妲比 你真是天才
Darby, you're a genius.
不会吧
No way.
糟糕
Oh, shit.
惨了 所有车♥库♥门都开了 该死
Oh, man, it's opening every door. Holy fuck.
得闪人了
We got to get out of here.
关门 快关上
Close it, close it.
李的骇入方法可没提到这部分
Lee's hack didn't mention that.
你确定你想这么做吗
Sure you want to do this?
把灯关了 关灯
Shut it off, shut it off.
这里感觉很久没人住了
Seems like no one's lived here in years.
地下室应该在那里
Basement's probably down there.
在这里
Here.
你还好吗 -还好 踏阶不平
Whoa, you all right? Yeah. Stairs are uneven.
看得到线
You can see the lines.
你觉得如何
What do you think?
这里的水泥重新铺过
This concrete is redone.
对 -是吗 好
Yeah. -Yeah? All right.
动手吧
Let's do it.
来
Yeah.
也许我们找错房♥子了
Maybe we just got the wrong house.
不是 我不打算收手 只是要休息一下
No, I'm not ready to stop. Let's just, let's just break a sec.
谢谢
Thanks.
给你
Here.
过来
比尔 比尔
Bill. Bill.
怎么了
What?
楼梯 你看楼梯 有人重新搭过楼梯
The stairs. Look at the stairs. Someone rebuilt them.
技术很烂
Badly.
对
Yeah.
天啊
Oh, God.
比尔
Bill?
(证物)
他从自己的妻子开始下手
He started with his wife.
派翠西亚
Patricia.
派翠西亚贝尔
Patricia Bell.
卡门佩雷兹
Carmen Perez.